Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
I heard the album!!! [Archive] - Page 2 - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : I heard the album!!!

Pages : 1 [2]

Creed7352
11-14-2005, 02:57 PM
An offtopic note for those who were registered over at ABR.com -> I am working on putting the photo gallery back up here - it will be the same exact one from ABR.

sweet! yeah, i was signed up there...it was cool...then it was gone..lol

Ana4Stapp
11-14-2005, 02:59 PM
Cool!!! :)

uncertaindrumer
11-14-2005, 02:59 PM
I don't think I will be that comfortable there, being the equal fan of both AB and Stapp that I am.

Titan, you really aren't. Claim it all you want to, but you aren't. lol

Anyway, unless there is something amazing on one of the songs I haven't listened to yet... He is not anything special and is at best mediocre. At worst, really bad.

GregS
11-14-2005, 03:05 PM
An offtopic note for those who were registered over at ABR.com -> I am working on putting the photo gallery back up here - it will be the same exact one from ABR.

Cool Steve!
Photo Gallerys are always fun :)

Ana4Stapp
11-14-2005, 03:07 PM
Blame it on Wind-up. It seems that they can't do anything right....including releasing albums outside of the United States in a decent amount of time. It's a lot to make fans from other countries wait that long for a new album.

Yeah, but I think they will release here before Christmas. ;)

Ana4Stapp
11-14-2005, 03:11 PM

A Creed fan cant be an equal fan of AB and Stapp ? Why not? Im a fan of both. :confused:

titan9
11-14-2005, 03:36 PM

Are you trying to say I take sides? 'Cause I definitely try not to. I enjoy both AB and Stapp and Creed equally. I can listen to their music side by side by side and not find myself taking sides. There are songs I skip on ODR, songs I skip on TGD, and songs I skip on some of the Creed albums. I view all three as being equals, in terms of how much I like them. :D

facelessmike
11-14-2005, 09:19 PM
I can listen to their music side by side by side and not find myself taking sides. There are songs I skip on ODR, songs I skip on TGD, and songs I skip on some of the Creed albums. I view all three as being equals, in terms of how much I like them. :D

Ditto...and I thought it was just me!

uncertaindrumer
11-14-2005, 10:13 PM
Are you trying to say I take sides? 'Cause I definitely try not to. I enjoy both AB and Stapp and Creed equally. I can listen to their music side by side by side and not find myself taking sides. There are songs I skip on ODR, songs I skip on TGD, and songs I skip on some of the Creed albums. I view all three as being equals, in terms of how much I like them. :D

So you say... lol

uncertaindrumer
11-14-2005, 10:15 PM
A Creed fan cant be an equal fan of AB and Stapp ? Why not? Im a fan of both. :confused:

Oh, no, you can. I just think Titan *in general* lieks AB a bit mroe than Stapp. But that makes sense because AB has 3/4 of Creed while Stapp is like -1/4 of Creed... lol, jk

titan9
11-15-2005, 10:05 AM
Oh, no, you can. I just think Titan *in general* lieks AB a bit mroe than Stapp. But that makes sense because AB has 3/4 of Creed while Stapp is like -1/4 of Creed... lol, jk

Not true, lol. Now that I've listened to TGD and ODR enough, I'm ready to make the following statement: I enjoy both just the same. Both have highlights("Justify", "Hard Way", "Surround Me"/"Find The Real", "Burn It Down", "Metalingus") and so-so songs("Let Me Go", "Sublime"/"Watch Your Words", "Broken Wings"). I now view both albums in an equal way: very good debuts, but could have been even better with less ballads and more rock. Neither has the same magic for me as My Own Prison did, but both have potential.

I'm very interested in seeing how both Stapp and AB follow up their respective debut albums, although I doubt anything they'll ever release will match MOP's magic. It could happen, though, if Mark continues to write amazing solos, Myles continues to do his thing(and write more of the lyrics) and Stapp gets a bit better with his song-writing/singing. Still, I'm overall quite happy with what each has put out so far. And when either comes to my area for a show, I'll be happy to buy tickets and go.

Steve
11-15-2005, 10:13 AM
I still prefer AB's debut over Stapp's just because I think I can listen to AB's all the way through and enjoy every song while everytime I stick Stapp's on I seem to be skipping a couple of songs (Let Me Go, Sublime, and Broken). But as titan said, neither really compare to My Own Prison. :)

titan9
11-15-2005, 11:39 AM
See, with ODR, I practically ALWAYS skip Broken Wings and Watch Your Words. I've listened to both a lot, and neither does anything for me. They just haven't grown on me like some songs(namely Burn It Down and Shed My Skin) have. If I'm on a road-trip, or have a bunch of free time, I'll listen to ODR all the way through, but if not, I'm going to skip at least a couple of songs.

Creed7352
11-15-2005, 11:52 AM
the next ab record will be much better and you'll change your mind titan...i'm sure of it. it's going to have "more rock" as you put it.

titan9
11-15-2005, 11:57 AM
Yeah, that's what I've heard. That has me really pumped up about the new album. It's not that I did not like the ballads on ODR; I did at first. But I think AB is capable of even better ballads, should they continue to put one or two on their next CD(s).

Again, it's not that I do not like ODR; I love the album. But I just think that AB can do even better next time around. Same with Stapp.

Dogstar
11-15-2005, 12:11 PM
the next ab record will be much better and you'll change your mind titan...i'm sure of it. it's going to have "more rock" as you put it.
I sure hope so!

uncertaindrumer
11-15-2005, 12:26 PM
See, with ODR, I practically ALWAYS skip Broken Wings and Watch Your Words. I've listened to both a lot, and neither does anything for me. They just haven't grown on me like some songs(namely Burn It Down and Shed My Skin) have. If I'm on a road-trip, or have a bunch of free time, I'll listen to ODR all the way through, but if not, I'm going to skip at least a couple of songs.

I'm a bit confused... You want less ballads yet you skip WYW? Ummm... okay.

lol

titan9
11-15-2005, 12:34 PM
I don't care for WYW from a lyrical standpoint, lol. It just isn't that appealing of a song for me. I think if the lyrics were better, I'd probably like it a whole lot more.

But, yes, I do want less ballads, both from Stapp and AB. I just think that they both write much better hard songs than they do ballads.

uncertaindrumer
11-15-2005, 08:08 PM
I don't care for WYW from a lyrical standpoint, lol. It just isn't that appealing of a song for me. I think if the lyrics were better, I'd probably like it a whole lot more.

But, yes, I do want less ballads, both from Stapp and AB. I just think that they both write much better hard songs than they do ballads.

I agree with Tremo. Metal is his thing... But Stapp can't write a heavy lyrical song to save his life. He tried, I suppose, in fight song, which was literally he dumbest thing I have ever heard. "This is my fight song". If it weren't so pathetic it would be funny.

titan9
11-15-2005, 08:13 PM
All of this being your opinion, of course. ;) Which means that I obviously disagree. The four best tracks on the CD, imo, are the top four which happen to be "hard" songs. Granted, lyrically, outside of "Justify", none of those songs are amazing, so you do have point. But they're hardly pathetic. :D

Ana4Stapp
11-15-2005, 08:25 PM

Lol...but I disagree, actually I think Titan is much more for Stapp than ...

me ...

lol :D

titan9
11-15-2005, 09:03 PM
:D Nah, you just see me defending ole Stappy's music a lot lately because I think some people are being a tad bit unfair to him. :laugh: j/k

Ana4Stapp
11-15-2005, 09:06 PM
:D Nah, you just see me defending ole Stappy's music a lot lately because I think some people are being a tad bit unfair to him. :laugh: j/k

humm... you mean...people like- oh...uncertain?? lol

titan9
11-15-2005, 09:08 PM
I refuse to name names! :D

Ana4Stapp
11-15-2005, 09:12 PM
I refuse to name names! :D

hahaha ...good answer! :D

titan9
11-15-2005, 09:15 PM
On a side note, I think I found a way to make PBF bearable for me. I changed my settings and disabled avy's/signatures. Now, if I could only disable Stapp-related smilies....I'd be all set. :D

Ana4Stapp
11-15-2005, 09:22 PM
On a side note, I think I found a way to make PBF bearable for me. I changed my settings and disabled avy's/signatures. Now, if I could only disable Stapp-related smilies....I'd be all set. :D

good luck! ;) but seriously the problem is the non-discussion -just- praise- Stapp-all-the-time -lol

...but just to clarify things; PBF is a great site... :D

titan9
11-15-2005, 09:24 PM
Haha, agreed. They do a bit too much of that, but it is dedicated to Stapp, so it is understandable. :D I did kinda gain a bit of respect for PBF's Admin(s) today. Someone cracked a joke about Mark and one of the Admin's replied that they should not "even go there". It's nice to see that they are being respectful of AB.

Ana4Stapp
11-15-2005, 09:29 PM
Haha, agreed. They do a bit too much of that, but it is dedicated to Stapp, so it is understandable. :D I did kinda gain a bit of respect for PBF's Admin(s) today. Someone cracked a joke about Mark and one of the Admin's replied that they should not "even go there". It's nice to see that they are being respectful of AB.

really? cuz one of my last visits on there I saw some members who were mocking on AB, saying ODR sales were ridiculous ... :eek:

titan9
11-15-2005, 10:26 PM
Well, I know for certain that the Mods/Admins are more mature than that, and steer clear of bashing AB. However, I have heard that some of the members crack jokes about AB a lot, but I cannot verify that as I do not read every thread/post in PBF. I would hope that those members who are so negative toward AB would take a lesson from the Admins and Mods at PBF and try to be a bit more positive. Same goes for those who may be extremely negative toward Stapp.

Mrprophetman
11-15-2005, 10:58 PM
No it's not. And he hits false notes.

Got proof to back that up? Were you actually standing over his shoulder in the recording studio. Did you actually mix the freaking record?

Mrprophetman
11-15-2005, 11:01 PM
Yeah, it's good, but stilll... Listen to songs like Faceless Man. Will he ever be good enough to sing like that again? He could never hit the high notes now.

And WHY is it that he can't hit the high notes?

Mrprophetman
11-15-2005, 11:03 PM
really? cuz one of my last visits on there I saw some members who were mocking on AB, saying ODR sales were ridiculous ... :eek:

Well alot of those people heard for months before its release that Alter Bridge was going to be bigger than Creed. People predicting sales in the millions. It hasn't exactly worked out that way, it seems.

uncertaindrumer
11-16-2005, 09:02 PM
Got proof to back that up? Were you actually standing over his shoulder in the recording studio. Did you actually mix the freaking record?

Dude, the proof is EVERYWHERE. Try his own stinking songs on his new album.

uncertaindrumer
11-16-2005, 09:03 PM
And WHY is it that he can't hit the high notes?

Many reasons are given. Tobacco, age, whatever. He clearly hasn't taken care of his voice.

uncertaindrumer
11-16-2005, 09:04 PM
Well alot of those people heard for months before its release that Alter Bridge was going to be bigger than Creed. People predicting sales in the millions. It hasn't exactly worked out that way, it seems.

People predicting things like that are dumb. Although I admit, the album would have done much better had they released ODR as their first single. Not just the name recognition of the album (which really DOES help a lot...) but the fact that the song is totally uncreedlike and kicks major buttocks.

Dogstar
11-16-2005, 09:05 PM
Yeah, ODR would have been a much better choice. But Wind Up is stupid and out of touch as always.

ctfan
11-17-2005, 02:02 AM
OH PLEASE!!!! Will you cut it out, already? You do start a lot of crap here, haven't you noticed? And you post just as freely as anyone else does around here! And Kerri, (Dogstar), is a lovely Mod who, I think, is almost always objective to stuff and WAAAY more mature than you and I, for example.
If I was you, I'd cool it a bit... This girl could get you banned, so I don't think you should go on with your attitude. But I'm not saying you should be a ass-licker, 'cause you shouldn't. You just shouldn't disrespect other members on this board, and for your own sake, especially NOT Kerri, Teri, Mulletman or Steve!

I am well aware of who they are. And no, to be quite honest, I've not noticed the "crap". What I have done is state my opinion based on the comments in these forums. I've posted true in-print facts to back myself up in regards to a flat out lie you posted in another thread...and what did you say??

I've been told that because of my opinions on Stapp, I had my head up his butt. I've also been told, because of my opinions on Stapp that I was a cross climber, a rose colored glasses wearer, I'm thick headed, clueless, ignorant, stupid, I have no taste in music, and that because I don't pick music to the very last piece, I'm a dummie who needs a book, who also suffers from fanboyism.

So who exactly, do you want me to respect?? Some of those very comments have come from a couple mods themselves. I certainly haven't used those words to decribe them.

Will I kiss their ass because of their power here? No. Will I kiss your ass, or the ass of any other member here just to keep you/them happy, or go with the flow? No.

Dogstar, If being banned or not banned comes down to manner and tone, and not the choice of words one uses...by all means ban me. I will not say things just because it's what one wants to hear. I form my opinons on these forums based on what I read. I interpret manner and tone in the same way that you do, but yet...the manner and tone that is used towards me doesn't seem to be a problem for you. Not to mention the choice of words that I've stated above. And I don't expect it would be, most of these people think just like you, because like begets like.

I will continue to post in favor of what I like. Be it Stapp himself, his music past and/or present. I will contine to post in the manner in which I see fit as well.

uncertaindrumer
11-17-2005, 08:30 AM
I've been told that because of my opinions on Stapp, I had my head up his butt. I've also been told, because of my opinions on Stapp that I was a cross climber, a rose colored glasses wearer, I'm thick headed, clueless, ignorant, stupid, I have no taste in music, and that because I don't pick music to the very last piece, I'm a dummie who needs a book, who also suffers from fanboyism.

Not to start a flame war here, but this is kinda what HAPPENS to people who like Stapp. If it bothers you that much... you picked the wrong guy. Ever since... well... WAWO, I guess, no one has liked the guy. And it has gotten worse and worse. Now it IS sorta funny that you get called those things on a Creed website, but if anything it just shows how bad his public image is right now.

Dogstar
11-17-2005, 12:46 PM
^^^ It doesn't happen to all the people who like Stapp. Look at titan9. Nobody's every had a problem with him because he actually is open to the fact that the guy might have some flaws.

INDIGOSTEVE
11-17-2005, 02:49 PM
Not to start a flame war here, but this is kinda what HAPPENS to people who like Stapp. If it bothers you that much... you picked the wrong guy. Ever since... well... WAWO, I guess, no one has liked the guy. And it has gotten worse and worse. Now it IS sorta funny that you get called those things on a Creed website, but if anything it just shows how bad his public image is right now. You are dead wrong on this issue, this is why- the general population knows little about his image except for who he is and the fact he was in creed, most people could care less about his personal life, alot of people in general don't even know Creed has broken up!

sina2b
11-17-2005, 02:58 PM
this is speculation on your part, he will be judged by how well people like the cd, not his personal life, no ones perfect in this world.

His personal life is personal as long as its kept personal. Once you create a public image for yourself it sure does effect how people like and relate to your work.

The Lithium
11-17-2005, 03:16 PM
Yes, almost every Stapp fan says that. Although way more people has ODR than you might think when you see the sells numbers. I checked to two BitTorrent sites www.ThePirateBay.org and www.isoHunt.com. Only on those 2 sites 24500 people have downloaded ODR. And that is on TWO sites. Now, if you include all the other BT sites and p2p-programs, (such as Kazaa, DC++, LimeWire, etc), you can easily figure out that the majorty of people who has ODR downloaded it.

Mrprophetman
11-17-2005, 03:28 PM
I doubt that. I think he'll be touring in the US and some in Canada. Remember it was because of him Creed didn't visit Europe more. Now when he's out of the band and Myles is in Alter Bridge, they comes to Europe all the time! Although I WOULD see him if I got the chance. But I would make sure to show my disgust as soon as he and that "pieced-together pawnshop band" starts to play a Creed song.

Actually he does plan to tour in Europe. He's said that several times in radio interviews.

The Lithium
11-17-2005, 03:42 PM
Oh, great then... Yet, I still doubt he'll tour as hard as AB does. The man just hit the wall. There is no way anyone could ask him to tour that hard right now!

INDIGOSTEVE
11-17-2005, 03:48 PM
Oh, great then... Yet, I still doubt he'll tour as hard as AB does. The man just hit the wall. There is no way anyone could ask him to tour that hard right now! yeah I bet the touring will be more sporatic where he did with creed like 3 weeks on two off who knows?

titan9
11-17-2005, 04:28 PM
I honestly don't expect him to tour as much as AB. For one, he is a single father and being around his family is very important to him. For two, I doubt his voice can hold up if he tours as much as AB does. Myles is a professionally trained singer who has taken lessons(I think). Stapp hasn't taken lessons, which could prove costly when it comes to how well his voice holds up during the touring. I would hope that, in an effort to make sure his voice holds up well, that he'd consider getting a vocal coach. But I kinda doubt that'll happen. As long as Stapp comes to Michigan with his tour, I'll be happy. :D

The Lithium
11-17-2005, 04:46 PM
I honestly don't expect him to tour as much as AB. For one, he is a single father and being around his family is very important to him. For two, I doubt his voice can hold up if he tours as much as AB does. Myles is a professionally trained singer who has taken lessons(I think). Stapp hasn't taken lessons, which could prove costly when it comes to how well his voice holds up during the touring. I would hope that, in an effort to make sure his voice holds up well, that he'd consider getting a vocal coach. But I kinda doubt that'll happen. As long as Stapp comes to Michigan with his tour, I'll be happy. :D
No, no, no, no, nooo!!! It's the other way around! Myles hasn't taken lessions while Stapp has! I asked Myles when I met him in London about the lession-taking, and he said: "Naah, not really... Well, I went a couple of times to this guy, but that's about it". The Gods just blessed him with this gift!

I don't know very much about Stapp's lessions, but I know he has been singing a lot of Chruch chorus, and so on. I'm pretty sure he has taken lessions. I can't remember him saying that he has taken "REAL" lessions, but I really think he has.

And about the family... Mark and Flip are fathers too! And they're all married! Of course being close to their families are important to them too!

titan9
11-17-2005, 05:33 PM
Really? I honestly thought it was the way I described it. My bad for being wrong on that.

I know all four guys from AB are married and two of them have kids. But I think it is a different situation for Stapp. He's a single father who had to deal with a psycho(his ex). Flip and Tremo's kids have the stability of a two parent home, and have at least one parent at home with them when their fathers are on the road. Stapp's kid doesn't have that same stability, although I've heard his family is very helpful and supportive. Still, that can't replace having a parent around....which is why I feel Stapp's situation is vastly different from AB's. You can't really compare'em because of the big differences.

sina2b
11-17-2005, 06:40 PM
he is a single father and being around his family is very important to him.

that is so gay for a rockstar man, remember their first passion is music and they shouldnt have even had kids in the firstplace.

titan9
11-17-2005, 06:56 PM
He's a human being above all. If he has a family, that should come first(well, that and God), not rock music. Fame and fortune can leave you at any second; but family, that can last forever. That may sound gay, but it's the truth imo.

INDIGOSTEVE
11-17-2005, 06:57 PM
that is so gay for a rockstar man, remember their first passion is music and they shouldnt have even had kids in the firstplace. think before you put something like this up, shows very little class on your part.

sina2b
11-17-2005, 07:00 PM
think before you put something like this up, shows very little class on your part.

what does class have to do with what I said? Please Dont talk about things you have no idea of.

Creed7352
11-17-2005, 07:07 PM
that is so gay for a rockstar man, remember their first passion is music and they shouldnt have even had kids in the firstplace.

that's a pretty naive and stupid thing to say really...so football players, baseball players, basketball players, etc. shouldn't have kids cause their sport is their first passion? what a joke!

Creed7352
11-17-2005, 07:09 PM
Actually he does plan to tour in Europe. He's said that several times in radio interviews.

well, i heard in the last interview on octane on that sirius satellite radio thing that he planned on going to europe for promo on the new album, not to tour. he plans on touring the u.s. first. i hope he does tour europe though. if he's gonna do promo for the album there, then i would think he would tour there later on.

INDIGOSTEVE
11-17-2005, 07:38 PM
that is so gay for a rockstar man, remember their first passion is music and they shouldnt have even had kids in the firstplace. I hope you never breed.

sina2b
11-17-2005, 07:55 PM
that's a pretty naive and stupid thing to say really...so football players, baseball players, basketball players, etc. shouldn't have kids cause their sport is their first passion? what a joke!

Being a musician usually requires a certain lifestyle which is the complete opposite of athletes or any other profession for that matter (specially rock stars). Check the rock star's children that we see on TV or read in magazines, they're rarely normal and that's for the ones who have devoted themselves to the music and are big stars.

you guys are looking at this by thinking of equality between human beings and their rights however that's not the case in real-life but it does sound very open minded and its probably legal therefore true :)

sina2b
11-17-2005, 08:35 PM
and just because hes a human being and likes to have kids does not mean he should have kids. You should think about the kid and his future more than responding to your personal desires.

Ana4Stapp
11-17-2005, 10:14 PM
Being a musician usually requires a certain lifestyle which is the complete opposite of athletes or any other profession for that matter (specially rock stars). Check the rock star's children that we see on TV or read in magazines, they're rarely normal and that's for the ones who have devoted themselves to the music and are big stars.

you guys are looking at this by thinking of equality between human beings and their rights however that's not the case in real-life but it does sound very open minded and its probably legal therefore true :)

Well, at first sight your post seems no have no sense, but looking it again i can see what you meant; i remember reading on a interview (on web) that Stapp would avoid making big tours because he didnt want to stay away from home for so long, because Jagger -hes a single dad since his ex-wife decided to not be involved in Jaggers life(Cant understand how a mother can do that ). Consequently, his kid needs alot of his attention and care waht Stapp definitely cant give if hes making an extensive touring to promote his cd...

sina2b
11-18-2005, 12:46 AM
I hope you never breed.

typical american mentality; I hope u breed as people like you are politicians dreams.

ctfan
11-18-2005, 01:51 AM
Not to start a flame war here, but this is kinda what HAPPENS to people who like Stapp. If it bothers you that much... you picked the wrong guy. Ever since... well... WAWO, I guess, no one has liked the guy. And it has gotten worse and worse. Now it IS sorta funny that you get called those things on a Creed website, but if anything it just shows how bad his public image is right now.

Oh no, it doesn't bother me at all, cause I've been called alot worse by better people than you, or anyone else here. I happen to like the guy, his performances/music, and I enjoy listening to it.

No one has liked the guy?? Dude, you need to get out more often, read around a bit more...visit some places other than hate sites, and quit listening to your own hate filled comments about the man.

Nope, doesn't show a thing about his public image, because as someone else posted in this thread, the general population doesn't know a thing about it, and most likely doesn't care. What it does show, is the lack of understanding by others when it comes to differing opinions.

^^^ It doesn't happen to all the people who like Stapp. Look at titan9. Nobody's every had a problem with him because he actually is open to the fact that the guy might have some flaws.

Hmm, I don't ever recall discussing what flaws I thought Stapp may/may not have, so how would any of you know what I think. :D

Creed7352
11-18-2005, 01:51 AM
typical american mentality

*shakes head*

ctfan
11-18-2005, 01:56 AM

:wtf: You have a sick mind.

The Lithium
11-18-2005, 03:07 AM
First of all... Jaggar's mom is Hillarree. How is that gay? Second of all... Just because you're a rockstar and doing what you love doesn't mean you should live your life like a frickin' robot and not care about your feelings. I'm sure, someday, you will want to have kids as well. And you doesn't seem like such a supportive fan, to me, if you go on and say something naive like that!

renbergs
11-18-2005, 03:33 AM
that is so gay for a rockstar man

And what experiences do you have that makes you the one to decide what's "gay" or not?
Do you have a secret you want to share with us? ;)

sina2b
11-18-2005, 04:25 AM
I said my oponion, Im free to say what I want and its the base of this country. Get a life and dont waste time on oponion you dont like, pass them.

and for all you geniuses, by GAY i did not question his sexuality. Please use your brain and think about what you read. Yes as an american IN MY OPONION americans trust their eyes more than their brains; please go back to my original thread, read it, use your brain for once and see what you get out of it, what reality is and then post something thats worth while debating.

sina2b
11-18-2005, 04:41 AM
First of all... Jaggar's mom is Hillarree. How is that gay? Second of all... Just because you're a rockstar and doing what you love doesn't mean you should live your life like a frickin' robot and not care about your feelings. I'm sure, someday, you will want to have kids as well. And you doesn't seem like such a supportive fan, to me, if you go on and say something naive like that!

First of all Im a fan of scotts music probably more than many of you; No I dont spend all day searching for scott stapp material but I listen to his songs with passion; but no Im not obsessed.

Second of all, no if your a rockstar, if your supposed to party everynight, if your required to hang out with people who party everynight, if your around drugs, if you dont see your kids for months because of touring alone, if your sleeping with each women you like than dont have kids their not for you. If your broke dont buy a million dollar house no matter how much you like to get one. People are supposed to afford things and its not always financially.

Example: Im naming a few rockstar's kids who ive seen on tv or know of.

the Osbournes, Lisa Presley, Nicole Richie ... The most normal one is probably Nichole who was a heroin addict at the age of 16; but who cares lionel is a human being and really wanted to have a kid. For those of you who dont think, please think it through before bringing another life to this world because your not going to be living it; so you might as well care or not.

renbergs
11-18-2005, 05:21 AM
I said my oponion, Im free to say what I want and its the base of this country. Get a life and dont waste time on oponion you dont like, pass them..
True, you are free to say what you want! But why waste time on saying it, if you don't want people to respond :confused:

and for all you geniuses, by GAY i did not question his sexuality. Please use your brain and think about what you read.
Please, use YOUR brain and think about how you express yourself! To use the word "gay", describing a negative way of behaviour, that has nothing to do with sexuality, is totally out of place :mad1:
Yes as an american IN MY OPONION americans trust their eyes more than their brains; please go back to my original thread, read it, use your brain for once and see what you get out of it, what reality is and then post something thats worth while debating.
And, please, if you express your opinion, don't be shocked if other people may think different and are prepared to defend their point of view. You see, a debate is two or more persons, arguing from different points of view! A debate isn't you stating your opinion for everyone else to accept!
And don't be shocked if some americans may find it hard to accept that you have an opinion that you claim is valid for the population of an entire nation :rolleyes:

And by the way, it's spelled opinion! Not oponion, that would be some kind of strange onion, I think;)

Steve
11-18-2005, 09:58 AM
First of all Im a fan of scotts music probably more than many of you; No I dont spend all day searching for scott stapp material but I listen to his songs with passion; but no Im not obsessed.

Second of all, no if your a rockstar, if your supposed to party everynight, if your required to hang out with people who party everynight, if your around drugs, if you dont see your kids for months because of touring alone, if your sleeping with each women you like than dont have kids their not for you. If your broke dont buy a million dollar house no matter how much you like to get one. People are supposed to afford things and its not always financially.

Example: Im naming a few rockstar's kids who ive seen on tv or know of.

the Osbournes, Lisa Presley, Nicole Richie ... The most normal one is probably Nichole who was a heroin addict at the age of 16; but who cares lionel is a human being and really wanted to have a kid. For those of you who dont think, please think it through before bringing another life to this world because your not going to be living it; so you might as well care or not.

Are you that naive that you think *every* rockstar has to live the stereotypical rockstar life? Because Stapp is a singer he needs to use drugs, sleep around, and party every day?

And how about you try naming some rockstars who have kids that are normal? Oh you can't because the media only shows us the ones that are "screwed up" because it makes "entertaining television"??? (I use the term entertaining television loosely because I don't find it entertaining myself). You also do realize that not every rockstars' kids turn out "un-normal" ??

And finally how are you to say "the typical american mentality" when you are the one loosely using the term "gay" as a slang word? Why don't you take a look at yourself first?

uncertaindrumer
11-18-2005, 09:59 AM
While his comment was not very smart, I think I at least understand what he is *trying* to say. Basically, if you want the fame and fortune, don't try to support a family when you can't. But even if that principle is true, he has a son now and he shouldn't be putting him in danger just because... umm... some fan wants him to?

uncertaindrumer
11-18-2005, 10:01 AM
Oh no, it doesn't bother me at all, cause I've been called alot worse by better people than you, or anyone else here. I happen to like the guy, his performances/music, and I enjoy listening to it.

You want to know why people have problems with your posts? That is why. Al you ever do is throw in your little insutls, get your jabs in there ,and always try to take the last word. Grow up.

No one has liked the guy?? Dude, you need to get out more often, read around a bit more...visit some places other than hate sites, and quit listening to your own hate filled comments about the man.

Be in denial. You think I care? People hate the guy.

Nope, doesn't show a thing about his public image, because as someone else posted in this thread, the general population doesn't know a thing about it, and most likely doesn't care. What it does show, is the lack of understanding by others when it comes to differing opinions.

The general population can't stand him.

titan9
11-18-2005, 10:15 AM
Are you that naive that you think *every* rockstar has to live the stereotypical rockstar life? Because Stapp is a singer he needs to use drugs, sleep around, and party every day?

And how about you try naming some rockstars who have kids that are normal? Oh you can't because the media only shows us the ones that are "screwed up" because it makes "entertaining television"??? (I use the term entertaining television loosely because I don't find it entertaining myself). You also do realize that not every rockstars' kids turn out "un-normal" ??

And finally how are you to say "the typical american mentality" when you are the one loosely using the term "gay" as a slang word? Why don't you take a look at yourself first?

Thank you. That was exactly what I was going to post in response. Great post.

sina2b
11-18-2005, 11:57 AM
or should i say this is a mexican mentality you guys have, have as many kids as you want, its ur body and who cares about the children.

sina2b
11-18-2005, 12:02 PM
And dont be so obsessed with him and think hes god, stuff like this is exactly why they cant live a normal life. HE was not clearly thinking properly when having a kid, otherwise he wouldnt have had a baby with that psycho path lady as you guys call it. But Im sure he was a kid at the time and people make mistakes, but avoiding and ignoring reality is just stupidity, pure stupidity.

Dogstar
11-18-2005, 12:04 PM
And dont be so obsessed with him and think hes god, stuff like this is exactly why they cant live a normal life. HE was not clearly thinking properly when having a kid, otherwise he wouldnt have had a baby with that psycho path lady as you guys call it. But Im sure he was a kid at the time and people make mistakes, but avoiding and ignoring reality is just stupidity, pure stupidity.
Who made you judge, jury and executioner? Stop speculating about what he should or shouldn't have done. There's been no proof that the kid is fucked up yet. Are you sure you're a fan? You sure don't sound like one.

Worship the music, not the musician. They are human just like anyone else. And there are plenty of people who aren't rock stars who shouldn't have had children.

titan9
11-18-2005, 12:18 PM
Exactly, Dogstar. I can't believe that this discussion is even taking place. Who are you, sina, to say whether a person should have kids or not? It's not a "mexican mentality". If a couple wants to have kids and will give them love, support and stability, no one should try to keep them from doing so. It doesn't matter what your profession is, whether you're a teacher, an athlete, a musician, an actor etc. you're a human being and you have the right to have kids.

As for him making a mistake, gosh, that's a horrible thing to say. At the time his son was born, he was apparently happily married. I doubt he would have had a child with the psycho if he knew back then that she was one. But he did not know that and they brought a child into this world. That child appears to be pretty normal.

One thing is certain: when you hear/see Scott talk about his son, his eyes light up and so does his voice. It's pretty clear that his son is the center of his life, the most important thing to him. It's also pretty clear that he's a good dad to his son(has anyone read the interview where he mentions coaching Jagger's football team?) and gives Jagger the love and support that he needs.

Your whole argument is flawed and offensive, imo. I don't see why it is being allowed in this thread, as it has nothing to do with the album and nothing to do with the music. Personal stuff like this should be kept out of fan forums. If you're really a fan of Scott's, please try to at least respect his privacy and his personal life.

sina2b
11-18-2005, 12:28 PM
Worship the music, not the musician. They are human just like anyone else. And there are plenty of peoplw who aren't rock stars who shouldn't have had children.[/QUOTE]

thank you!

sina2b
11-18-2005, 12:45 PM
Personal stuff like this should be kept out of fan forums. If you're really a fan of Scott's, please try to at least respect his privacy and his personal life.

his personal life is personal as long as its kept personal; its not personal when its one of the main subjects of all his interviews which are prepared before hand. I dont make comments on tremonti's personal life because he has kept it personal to some extend; but stapp is always sharing his personal thoughts and feelings and personal life which makes it blend into his public image.

Im not continuing this, were on two different tracks, Im sorry if Im not obsessed.

titan9
11-18-2005, 01:27 PM
I'm not obsessed, either. You don't have to be obsessed to respect a guy's right to privacy in his personal life. I know if I were in his position, I wouldn't want people dissecting my personal life. It's really pointless to judge the guy, anyway, as none of us know him personally.

sina2b
11-18-2005, 01:43 PM
If a couple wants to have kids and will give them love, support and stability, no one should try to keep them from doing so.

Stability, thank you. Is stapp stable?

Not according to his band, not according to other bands hes worked with and not according to himself, he admits that hes confused all the time and thats what most of his songs are revolving around. But yes he is financially stable and maybe thats all that matters.

And let me say this again for the record, I enjoy stapp's music very much and Im a fan of it; do I personally like him? I dont care what kind of a person he is, but if I was to choose: no I probably dont. why? based on what ive seen, read and heard; he might be different in person.

titan9
11-18-2005, 01:47 PM
He might not be the greatest person to bandmates and friends, but from what I've heard, he's a good, stable father and that's what counts, imo. Of course, I don't know the guy personally, so all of this hinges on what I have heard.

I don't have an opinion on the guy, personally, because I do not know him. That is why I feel it is best to keep the discussions focused on his music, not how much of a jerk/good guy he is.

Bridge of Clay
11-18-2005, 03:58 PM
He might not be the greatest person to bandmates and friends, but from what I've heard, he's a good, stable father and that's what counts, imo. Of course, I don't know the guy personally, so all of this hinges on what I have heard.

I don't have an opinion on the guy, personally, because I do not know him. That is why I feel it is best to keep the discussions focused on his music, not how much of a jerk/good guy he is.
hmmm

can I have the duct tape, please?

btw, do you have an opinion or an oponion on the guy? hehehe

titan9
11-18-2005, 04:34 PM
Haha, I have an opinion on his music, but I don't have an opinion on his personal life. It'd be unfair for me to have one on that. :D

BTW, I love that quote in your sig.

The Lithium
11-19-2005, 07:31 AM
his personal life is personal as long as its kept personal; its not personal when its one of the main subjects of all his interviews which are prepared before hand. I dont make comments on tremonti's personal life because he has kept it personal to some extend; but stapp is always sharing his personal thoughts and feelings and personal life which makes it blend into his public image.
Are you sure? You know, Mark is married and have a son named Austen David Tremonti! Austen were born about 06:00 PM, May 24, 2005. (The reason I know what time he was born is because I wasn't sure if he were born May 24 or May 25. He was expected May 25). And Flip has a two year old daughter named Cadence. And everyone in Alter Bridge are married. I suppose they are gay as well...

INDIGOSTEVE
11-19-2005, 07:36 AM
well thats true but they have not been outed yet.....shhhhhhh

uncertaindrumer
11-19-2005, 09:03 PM
Haha, I have an opinion on his music, but I don't have an opinion on his personal life. It'd be unfair for me to have one on that. :D

Why, darnit? They PUT THEMSELVES in the public eye. If they are going to do that, they deserve people looking at them.

Ana4Stapp
11-20-2005, 01:06 AM
Why, darnit? They PUT THEMSELVES in the public eye. If they are going to do that, they deserve people looking at them.

;) Again...agreed.

Its completely absurd how these people on tvs,radio,movies, - just hate when they are 'exposed' . :eek: They exposed themselves all the time

titan9
11-20-2005, 09:23 AM

It'd be unfair because I don't actually know him on a personal level. I only know what I see/hear on the TV/radio and what I read on the internet. That's it. I wouldn't want people judging me after only hearing/seeing that stuff. I'd want them to judge my character only after they have gotten to know me on a personal level. That's just me, though. :D

INDIGOSTEVE
11-20-2005, 09:38 AM
you are so right, beat the dead horse again! :rolleyes:

uncertaindrumer
11-20-2005, 11:29 AM
It'd be unfair because I don't actually know him on a personal level. I only know what I see/hear on the TV/radio and what I read on the internet. That's it. I wouldn't want people judging me after only hearing/seeing that stuff. I'd want them to judge my character only after they have gotten to know me on a personal level. That's just me, though. :D
You're definitely right. It is just you. lol