Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
I heard the album!!! [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : I heard the album!!!

Pages : [1] 2

Bridge of Clay
11-02-2005, 04:52 PM
:D

Review to come later after the excitement is gone and I post with reason instead of passion.

Just let me say... the clips you heard doesn't do justice to the album.

Broken is awesome, the album ISN'T pop, no rapping... and it's good rock!

The Lithium
11-02-2005, 05:37 PM
Hahahah, you told me to lay low a day or two...

But it's ture what Marcos says! The album exceeded my expectations. He's voice sounds good, besides from "Reach Out". It's really good! - Yes, I heard it too. It's much heavier than I thought! And oh yes, Broken is awesome! True Michael Jacksson-ballad-singing-along-feeling! :D Will be awesome live!

titan9
11-02-2005, 05:41 PM
I too have the album now, thanks to a nice guy on PBF. However, I have only listened to Fight Song, and it rocks more than the clip. I plan on listening to the rest of it later.

metalanus
11-02-2005, 05:42 PM
please elaborate. so there is no songs about children and crap like that. Is this the stapp from mop or wethered or something new.

The Lithium
11-02-2005, 05:48 PM
please elaborate. so there is no songs about children and crap like that. Is this the stapp from mop or wethered or something new.
Something new, actually... Stapp pretty much hit the wall after the Creed break-up, and this album is about that, and forgiving.

BROKEN IS GIVING THE CHILLS, MAN!!!

metalanus
11-02-2005, 05:54 PM
ah I want to here could some of you atleast go down the tracklist and write decription of each song and the lyrical themes

INDIGOSTEVE
11-02-2005, 06:04 PM
you will not be dissaponted! not like creed at all!

metalanus
11-02-2005, 06:20 PM
ok well if its not like creed then what is it.

Steve
11-02-2005, 06:21 PM
Yea, it's very un-Creed like. I have to give it a listen to again, but it isn't the best thing I've ever heard. A couple of the songs didn't hit me. Perhaps it's one of those "need to listen a few times" or something. There are some very good ones though. I'm going to give a listen again and then post my review later.

INDIGOSTEVE
11-02-2005, 06:28 PM
I am on my second listen now~

The Lithium
11-02-2005, 06:36 PM
I typed down the Broken lyrics... Although the second verse was a bit harder to understand and a few words may be wrong, it at least gives you the right image of the song.

Scott Stapp - Broken
Why are we overcome with fear?
What if I told you that fear isn't real?
Why are we overcome within?
What if I told you, my friends, your doubt
You could live without?

There is a question I want to understand
Why can't everyone tell the truth
And learn to love again?

Do you know what it feels like to be broken and used?
Scared and confused...
Scared and confused...

Yes I know...
One more question, I know time is dead...

Is what the world speaks of love really real?
The answers not of this world, but very clear
Look upon to find love and you found eternal light
Street caught up ??? you've heard before
Friendly advice just gets thrown out the door

There is a question I want to understand
Why can't everyone tell the truth
And learn to love again?

Scared and confused...
Scared and confused...

Yes I know
Yes I know
Yes I know
Yes I know know what it feels like to be broken and used?
Scared and confused...
Yes I know...

Scared and confused...
Yes I know what it feels like to be broken and used?
Scared and confused...

I'm broken
I'm broken
I'm broken
I'm broken

The Lithium
11-02-2005, 06:40 PM
Check out the NEW ScottStapp.com (www.scottstapp.com)

titan9
11-02-2005, 06:46 PM
Heh, I saw that. It looks very good. WU always does seem to always do a good design for their artists; too bad they couldn't do just as good of a job on the promotion.

Anyway, the lyrics to Broken look good. I might try to transcribe all the lyrics from the Great Divide album tomorrow, for those interested.

The Lithium
11-02-2005, 06:53 PM
Scott talks a lot about Super-Man in his lyrics! :D Interesting...

Justify is like a serious side of Tenacious D's "Tribute". I think the man he met in New Orleans was the devil...

tremonti4life04
11-02-2005, 06:54 PM
how do i get the album? it seems like everyone else has it!

titan9
11-02-2005, 07:02 PM
PM me and I'll give you a link to it. We aren't permitted to post it on here(for good reason) or else I'd just put the link here.

The Lithium
11-02-2005, 07:04 PM
PM me and I'll give you a link to it. We aren't permitted to post it on here(for good reason) or else I'd just put the link here.
I just know I'm not allowed to share it, but why? I got it from Marcos and Goran at the same time! :D (Goran is a good friend of mine who also knows Marcos. Marcos gave it to him first.)

EDIT -- Steve just told me why..

titan9
11-02-2005, 07:08 PM
Like I said, I got it from a guy on PBF, and full credit goes to him for hooking me up. However, when I give the link, I want a promise that the person DLing will buy the CD. I don't give away CDs like that, because I believe in supporting an artist and buying the CD. No matter what I think of this CD, I will buy it on Nov 22nd because I support Stapp's music.

*Edit* If Steve does not want me to privately PM anyone the link, I will not do so.

INDIGOSTEVE
11-02-2005, 07:10 PM
yup after hearing it I will need one for the car, work and home~!

The Lithium
11-02-2005, 07:11 PM
Actually Will, (Altered), was the first one to download it.

titan9
11-02-2005, 07:13 PM
Yeah, Will was the one who gave it to me. I, like you, have no idea who leaked it. But I had a feeling it would leak either this week or next. I just hope that everyone who DLs it buys the CD. We need to support artists by purchasing their CDs.

The Lithium
11-02-2005, 07:18 PM
I just hope that everyone who DLs it buys the CD. We need to support artists by purchasing their CDs.
That is NOT gonna happen!! The ones who has download it now will problably buy it, but everyone who downloads it won't. As I posted in another theard. Only on the 2 BitTorrents sites ThePiratBay.org and isoHunt.com One Day Remains has been downloaded 24500 times! That's a lot of downloads! And that's only on 2 sites. Imange all the people who have downloaded from other sites or p2p-programs, got a burned CD from their friends, etc, etc...

Creed7352
11-02-2005, 07:19 PM
that little "loop" is funny...and even more funny cause some involved were saying they were going to wait till it came out and not download it...LOL!

The Lithium
11-02-2005, 07:20 PM
that little "loop" is funny...and even more funny cause some involved were saying they were going to wait till it came out and not download it...LOL!
I never wait until it's released, I ALWAYS download the leaked versions! :D

titan9
11-02-2005, 07:20 PM
Yeah, I know the reality is that not everyone who DLs it will buy it. But I'd like to see the majority buy it, because record sales are very important to an artist, obviously.

The Lithium
11-02-2005, 07:22 PM
Yeah, I know the reality is that not everyone who DLs it will buy it. But I'd like to see the majority buy it, because record sales are very important to an artist, obviously.
Sadly, I think the majority of the ones who has ODR downloaded it. Hope that doesn't happen to their next record!

titan9
11-02-2005, 07:24 PM
Yeah, as much as I like to hear an album in advance, I kinda wish they wouldn't leak so that the artist would get more sales.

The Lithium
11-02-2005, 07:28 PM
Yeah, as much as I like to hear an album in advance, I kinda wish they wouldn't leak so that the artist would get more sales.
Well yeah, but I've discovered A LOT of great bands by downloading their music. It's really a gift to the people, but a crime to the artists.

Tremontixriffs
11-02-2005, 07:30 PM
I must say that this cd totally caught me off guard...in a good way.I think its interesting because it gives us another version of what happened between Scott and Mark. I like it alot there are some really good rock songs on it.How do you compare it to one day remains as far froma record selling and sound standpoint.

titan9
11-02-2005, 07:31 PM
But it's not a crime if those who DL actually buy the CD. Every CD I've ever DL'ed, I now own. Like I've said, I believe in supporting an artist by buying the CD. Like you, I have discovered some awesome music by DLing an artist first. That's how I found out about bands like 12 Stones, Kutless, and many other bands I listen to.

I'm on my 8th track of TGD right now. It rocks! I pretty much second what everyone else says. Broken is an amazing, beautiful song. So far, this CD has not let me down.

The Lithium
11-02-2005, 08:23 PM
But it's not a crime if those who DL actually buy the CD. Every CD I've ever DL'ed, I now own. Like I've said, I believe in supporting an artist by buying the CD. Like you, I have discovered some awesome music by DLing an artist first. That's how I found out about bands like 12 Stones, Kutless, and many other bands I listen to.
If I would buy every CD I download I would spend way more money than I make. I download music and albums all the time! Actually, I am one of those who downloads everything, besides from band I really care for, which means: Alter Bridge, Creed, Submersed, The Mayfield Four and now Scott Stapp. That's about it... I know it's bad 'cause you don't support the bands, but I try to support them by going to their shows instead. Which I could never afford if I didn't download their music. And if I buy a CD, the first thing I do is to pop it into my puter and rip it up to my harddrive. Then I listen to it through my computer and my iPod. I use my computer as my stereo, since I have kicking speakers on it. And hardly ever even listen to the record...

Since Monday, (today it's Wednesday), I have downloaded 3 albums.

-Shinedown - Us And Them
-Default - One Thing Remains
-Scott Stapp - The Great Divide

And the only CD I will buy out of those 3 is, of course, The Great Divide. (Which is very unusual). It's not that I don't enjoy the music, it's really good, but I'm too used to download what the heck I want before its release. If I should start to buy everything I could never afford the things I can afford now. Couple of things I've downloaded:

-All the 10 Friends seasons
-The first season of Friends spin-off; Joey, and all the aired episodes of the second one
-All the episodes of a swedish show called "Hey Baberiba"
-A bunch of movies, the last one was "Hostage" in DVD quality
-A lot of cool concert DVDs, like Metallica, Goo Goo Dolls, Alter Bridge, etc
-Games like Quake 4, GTA San Andreas, GTA III, NHL 2005, Need For Speed: Underground 2 and Max Payne 2
-Cool programs like Photoshop CS, Illustrator, Sony Vegas, etc, etc
-And about one album a week, I guess. Sometimes less, sometimes more. But the thing is I can get all these albums in CD quality weeks or maybe a month before its release

And that's just a couple of things... You see, it's really hard to resist! :D

Creed7352
11-02-2005, 08:29 PM
the beginning to sublime reminds me of collective soul.

let me go sort of has that WGMB feel to it...with a bit of a driving drum line in the back...reminds me of FM and WGMB mixed.

geletmote
11-02-2005, 08:37 PM
Something new, actually... Stapp pretty much hit the wall after the Creed break-up, and this album is about that, and forgiving.

BROKEN IS GIVING THE CHILLS, MAN!!!

For once youve said sumthing I agree with...

The Lithium
11-02-2005, 08:39 PM
Hah, amen to that, brother! :D It's good we agree about Stapp, then! ;)

Bridge of Clay
11-02-2005, 08:41 PM
Seb, you talk too much...

titan9
11-02-2005, 08:43 PM
I take back what I said. I haven't bought every single album I've DLed, only the ones that I have listened to more than once. For instance, I DLed the latest Saliva CD, hated it, and immediately got rid of it. I thought it'd be as good as their 3rd(or was it their 2nd) CD, but it just sucked. When I hate an album, I will not buy it. When I think the album is decent, I will buy it, out of respect for the artist. I buy a lot of CDs, but thankfully I have enough money to do so. Doesn't hurt that most of the time, the CDs are 9.99 or less. :D I do realize, however, that not everyone who DLs a CD can afford to buy it right away. Some CDs are ridiculously priced(like, for instance, the first Sanctus Real CD, which I bought at a local Christian store because no one else had it. That cost me 17 dollars. I wasn't thrilled, but because the music was so good, I was willing to fork over some extra money) so it makes it hard for people who are on a budget to buy those.

Bridge of Clay
11-02-2005, 08:43 PM

But it's ture what Marcos says! The album exceeded my expectations. He's voice sounds good, besides from "Reach Out". It's really good! - Yes, I heard it too. It's much heavier than I thought! And oh yes, Broken is awesome! True Michael Jacksson-ballad-singing-along-feeling! :D Will be awesome live!

I said I had heard it not that I had a link for it. The link was supposed to... ( hold on a bit... and by that I mean going publically on boards)

Tremontixriffs
11-02-2005, 08:47 PM
Hah, amen to that, brother! :D It's good we agree about Stapp, then! ;)
Dud I just got listening to the hard way what as song killer guitar and really hard, what a change!

HuMaN~ClAy
11-02-2005, 09:06 PM
well i just listened to it... and wow, a lot better than what i was expecting... gonna need to listen to it a few more times yet to get a good opinion about it tho. but i will say that broken didn't hit me as hard as some of you guys... but i did really liked justify!

titan9
11-02-2005, 09:09 PM
"Justify" is an awesome song. I didn't know if I'd like the blend of talking/singing in that song, but it's pretty good. Like you, I need to listen to it a few more times(I'm planning on listening once more tonight) to form a real opinion on it. Right now, my initial rating would be around an 8 or a 9.

HuMaN~ClAy
11-02-2005, 09:50 PM
well, i'm still listening to it haha... i have to say most of the lyrics are awesome... almost seems like the cd is an interview and he's telling us all about the breakup of creed and how he handled it.

titan9
11-02-2005, 10:00 PM
Yeah, that's the impression I got. You can definitely hear it in tracks like "Hard Way" and "Fight Song".

Ana4Stapp
11-02-2005, 10:17 PM
Oh My God! I was listening to his album, and I just decided start it with 'Broken' since all of you said it was awesome,fantastic, but...to my total surprise I ...dont agree...and its not because this is a bad song or something (its beautiful) but didnt impresse me at all. Didnt hit me you know...
Still prefering Fight Song ;)

Rocketqueen
11-02-2005, 10:19 PM

MJ ummmmmmmmmmm k well all opions are open are you feeling alright? HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA i think michale would like it i really cant hear a michale sing along how ever ya want hear it i guess but i would i did hear is strong lyrics and of course the year that poor michale has had this year he needs something strong Like Broken

Tremontixriffs
11-02-2005, 10:20 PM
Oh My God! I was listening to his album, and I just decided start it with 'Broken' since all of you said it was awesome,fantastic, but...to my total surprise I ...dont agree...and its not because this is a bad song or something (its beautiful) but didnt impresse me at all. Didnt hit me you know...
Still prefering Fight Song ;)
What do you think anna, good cd so far?

Rocketqueen
11-02-2005, 10:22 PM
Check out the NEW ScottStapp.com (www.scottstapp.com)
my browser could be slow all i see is a gray block i will try back later

Steve
11-02-2005, 10:23 PM
Make sure you have flash installed!

Ana4Stapp
11-02-2005, 10:26 PM
What do you think anna, good cd so far?

Well, Im having 'some' problems due to my connection :mad: while Im trying to listening to it, but I ...liked (NOT LOVED!) what I listened.

Rocketqueen
11-02-2005, 10:32 PM
Make sure you have flash installed!
oh no i never install those they always make my pc run slower thanks for the tip anyways

robe108
11-02-2005, 11:28 PM
can somebody e-mail me the link to download the scott stapp's new album??
PLEASE!!!!!!!!! :confused:

Rocketqueen
11-02-2005, 11:42 PM
i lost my downloads when i freaking installed something that i did,nt know how todo and other stuff as well thats :mad1: why i dont freaking install anything but now that were asking can somebody please please post the lyrics to justify so i can put it on my signature :jam: :jam: :jam:

eusebioCBR
11-03-2005, 12:00 AM
Good CD, but nothing stunning. It's still softer than I expected. The new site, well he does love his rock star poses and showing off his chest. :laugh:

Rocketqueen
11-03-2005, 12:24 AM
well it is hard ass album on the tracks that are not ballads see :) you know what if we could get a THRASH METAL stappy album than everybody would be happy am i right :) would somebody please post the justfiy lyrics for MEH i will give flowers to the poster :D :thankyou: but i can wait not a probleam :D

Tremontixriffs
11-03-2005, 12:34 AM
I honestly believe that no matter what type of cd stapp made someone would find a way to bitch about it. After listening to it for a while i am starting to prefer it more than One Day Remains, I mean I thought It was a good effort but Stapp just blows us away again with this new cd..I think alot of us were thinking his cd would be more along the lines of Relarn love type songs and he completely pulled the wool over our eyes..I really think gone blind did a great job with the music and the guitar riffs are good and luckily not tremontish as The great divide single...I hope they both do well but I must say I think record vs record Stapp's will be more successful...

bad84ss
11-03-2005, 12:52 AM
If someone would be so kind to send me the link or album it would be much appreciated.... Cant wait to buy it on teh 22nd... I just want a preview...Thanks!! bad84ss@hotmail.com

rabidgopher04
11-03-2005, 12:57 AM
This is great and all that you guys can hear it, but could you share the love over PM with me please? Thanks.

Chase
11-03-2005, 01:11 AM
Yeah seriously! Spread the love people! I promise to be your very best friend if you let me listen to it also :) Please? Over PM is fine.

eusebioCBR
11-03-2005, 01:42 AM
I honestly believe that no matter what type of cd stapp made someone would find a way to bitch about it. After listening to it for a while i am starting to prefer it more than One Day Remains, I mean I thought It was a good effort but Stapp just blows us away again with this new cd..I think alot of us were thinking his cd would be more along the lines of Relarn love type songs and he completely pulled the wool over our eyes..I really think gone blind did a great job with the music and the guitar riffs are good and luckily not tremontish as The great divide single...I hope they both do well but I must say I think record vs record Stapp's will be more successful...
Bitching 'bout the things we've seen
Bitching 'bout the things we've been
Bitching 'bout the loves we've had
My oh my it wasn't so bad
When we had that to loosen our minds
Hey little baby in the front row be kind

Bar bitching: Telling you the gospel truth
Bar bitching: Why don't you all go get screwed?
Bar bitching: Why don't you tell me something new?
Bar bitching: Bar bitching.........................................
-The Stranglers: Bitching

I think I'll listen to Chevelle 'til the next ALTER BRIDGE cd is out, laters :peace:

The Lithium
11-03-2005, 02:48 AM
Seb, you talk too much...
Hahahah, off topic! :D

Some CDs are ridiculously priced(like, for instance, the first Sanctus Real CD, which I bought at a local Christian store because no one else had it. That cost me 17 dollars. I wasn't thrilled, but because the music was so good, I was willing to fork over some extra money) so it makes it hard for people who are on a budget to buy those.
Yeah see, that's the problem. Here in Sweden a CDs costs around 20 bucks. Sometimes more, sometimes a little less.

I said I had heard it not that I had a link for it. The link was supposed to... ( hold on a bit... and by that I mean going publically on boards)
Dude, I didn't share it. I just said I had heard it, too.

MJ ummmmmmmmmmm k well all opions are open are you feeling alright? HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
I wasn't dead serious! :D

Creed7352
11-03-2005, 03:05 AM
i didn't care much for broken either...just not my type of song..i don't feel it fits well with the rest of the tracks. not saying it's a bad song, just not for me is all..

tremontixriffs, could you possibly be starting to prefer it to ODR cause you've been listening to ODR for a year and a half or so and stapp for only a few hours?

The Lithium
11-03-2005, 03:18 AM
Goneblind did a great job with the music and the guitar riffs are good and luckily not tremontish as The great divide single...I hope they both do well but I must say I think record vs record Stapp's will be more successful...
I quote Marcos, though!

They need two guitarist to sound like ONE Tremonti
tremontixriffs, could you possibly be starting to prefer it to ODR cause you've been listening to ODR for a year and a half or so and stapp for only a few hours?
Yeah, exactly. You've heard ODR a bunch of time, and maybe starting to get a bit tired of it? What do I know...? And right now you are posting about TGD out of excitment. I'm not saying it's wrong, I'm just saying you're excited! :D

Muad'Dib
11-03-2005, 07:53 AM
Hmmmm had first listen just then. Im not sure if I love it, but I def like it. Hopefully it will grow on me. It wasnt what I expected it to be like at all. I was suprised! Fav songs so far are Justify, Fight Away, Hard Way. Really dont like Broken at all. Nor Reach Out. As I said hopefully grow on me.

The Lithium
11-03-2005, 08:00 AM
Fav songs so far are Justify, Fight Away, Hard Way. Really dont like Broken at all. Nor Reach Out. As I said hopefully grow on me.
Yeah, I agree with you, besides I think Broken is one of the best songs off the album. I think Reach Out is a great song, but Stapp just doesn't hit the notes... Too bad!

Muad'Dib
11-03-2005, 08:02 AM
Yeah I think you can kind of hear him straining his voice when he sings Reach Out. Its not a very good opener IMO

The Lithium
11-03-2005, 08:03 AM
No it's not. And he hits false notes.

Rocketqueen
11-03-2005, 08:56 AM
oh no i never install those they always make my pc run slower thanks for the tip anyways i did the site looks great i loved the colors Great pics too i liked this one the best ya,alls

titan9
11-03-2005, 10:21 AM
I listened to it again last night...and I think I like it even more. I think it's one of those CDs that the more you listen to it, the more you enjoy it. After two listens, I'd have to say my two least favorite tracks are Let Me Go and Sublime. So far, I just can't get into those tracks. The rest of it, though, I really enjoy. It seems to have 7-8 strong tracks, while only having a couple average tracks. I don't think I can really name my favorites right now. It'll take a few more listens before I can do that.

Vocally, I agree, he does sound like he is straining himself on the first track. But I still like that track. And he sounds good on the rest of the album. However, there is no telling how much studio editing they had to do to get him to sound good on the album. Let's hope it was little to none, and that he can put on a killer live show.

Lyrically, it's not as good as say, My Own Prison, but it is better than Weathered. I'm not quite sure if I like it lyrically better than Human Clay. I guess it'll take a few more listens before I can decide that.

Musically, I think Goneblind keeps up pretty well. I mean, they aren't an amazing band, but they do a decent job on the album, far better than I expected them to do. Hats off to them for that.

As far as comparing it to ODR, man, I'm not ready to do that yet. ODR's been out over a year, and I've loved it for about 12 months. It took me a couple of months to really get into that album. I anticipate that I'll need a couple of months to really compare the two albums, in terms of how much I like it. But, you have to remember that the two CDs are very different. The lyrics(on TGD) are nothing like ODR's, the music isn't like ODR's and the vocals sure as heck aren't.

Anyway, so far I really like this CD, and could potentially love it with some more listens.

HuMaN~ClAy
11-03-2005, 10:45 AM
well the only song i don't really like on the whole album would be "Let Me Go"... and since a few remarks were made in a thread that people thought this would be better than 3DD's "Let Me Go", i'm gonna have to so no it's not haha... but it might grow on me with time..

the average songs on the album i would have to say are "You Will Soar", "Sublime" and "Broken"..."The Great Divide" is close to being here, but i think that's just cus i listened to it too much haha, i did the same with OYE.

"Reach Out" and "TGD" i would have to say are above average.

"Fight Song", "Surround Me", "Justify" and "Hard Way" are my favorites. And i have to say i think these songs are head and shoulders above the rest... especially "Justify"... probably my favorite thing Scott has written :).

titan9
11-03-2005, 10:59 AM
I don't know, but I really like You Will Soar. It's a nice, uplifting song. I don't care for Sublime or Let Me Go, but I do like Broken(it is a different kind of song) and Reach Out.

thornscreed
11-03-2005, 11:50 AM
could someone please email me the album or just the broken track. yes i will buy the album too. i have over 2500 cds. you scratch my back i scratch yours. thanks guys

Bridge of Clay
11-03-2005, 12:12 PM
I don't know, but I really like You Will Soar. It's a nice, uplifting song. I don't care for Sublime or Let Me Go, but I do like Broken(it is a different kind of song) and Reach Out.
dude... why am I'm the only one who really liked You'll Soar and Sublime??? lol

Let Me Go is also very good.

rabidgopher04
11-03-2005, 12:13 PM
Overall I thought the album was ok. Nothing really blew me away. The positive thing is that I think it is a bit different from Creed.

Some of the riffs sounded familiar but you can say that about a lot of songs out there.

Justify was one I liked mostly because it is different. It was nice to hear Scott do something a little less formulaic and different. I will have to say that it reminded me a bit of the Pearl Jam song "Push Me, Pull Me" only because of the talking and their voices are similar - big whoop.

Anyway, it's a decent album and I'll still be buying it Nov. 22.

titan9
11-03-2005, 12:14 PM
Well, I think Sublime is a song that will just take some time to grow on me. As for You Will Soar, like I said, I really like that song. I guess we're in the minority.

Steve
11-03-2005, 01:31 PM
Well here's my review of the album/songs:

01. Reach Out
This is a very good song. One of my favs on the album.

02. Fight Song
Another one of my favs. Great tune. Very catchy too. Perhaps a rock/alt radio single?

03. Hard Way
Another good song.

04. Justify
It's different. I like the music and the chorus, but I'm not a big fan of the talking parts. I think the song builds though and gets better as it goes on.

05. Let Me Go
Don't like this song at all. It's very simple and doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the songs.

06. Surround Me
Great song! Nice acoustic/electric mix. Lyrics are great; this is like classic Stapp. Best song on the album.

07. The Great Divide
Good song. This song flows great right after Surround Me. Another classic Stapp tune. Excellent choice to be the first single.

08. Sublime
I like the verses but the parts where he sings "Sublime" just don't do it for me. This is probably the third worst song on the album if I had to rank them.

09. You Will Soar
Maybe it's just me but it sounds similar to Sublime (at least the chorus part). It's a decent song.

10. Broken
This seems like it should have been a b-side to Creed's "Don't Stop Dancing" CD single, eh? It is a beautiful song, but it just doesn't do it for me. It seems out of place on this album. Second worst song next to Let Me Go.

Overall
Overall I'd probably give this album a 6.5 or 7 out of 10. The music is much simplier on this album compared to Creed and Alter Bridge. I'm more of a fan of the music than the lyrics. If the "feel" and "sound" of the song catch my ear, I tend to like it a lot. Several of the songs sound very simple and just don't catch my ear like other stuff does. The lyrics on several of the songs are also very simple compared to stuff from Creed. The good songs, however, are really good. It's just that the "bad" songs are, IMO, "bad."

This is an album I'd listen to once in awhile, but not one that I would put on constant rotation like I do with Creed's "My Own Prison," Alter Bridge's "One Day Remains," Audioslave's self-titled debut, Nickelback's new one, etc.

rabidgopher04
11-03-2005, 01:58 PM
Sublime is like a cross between Collective Soul and Creed.

The opening strums are just like The World I Know by Collective Soul and the next few sound like parts of Is This The End and My Sacrifice. Just listen and you might hear the familiarity.

HuMaN~ClAy
11-03-2005, 02:00 PM
i think the first minute and a half of Surround Me is my favorite party of the whole album... really awesome... can't believe they didn't have this in the clip they released... but then again it was only like 2 mins.

Chase
11-03-2005, 04:34 PM
Overall I thought the album was ok. Nothing really blew me away. The positive thing is that I think it is a bit different from Creed.

Some of the riffs sounded familiar but you can say that about a lot of songs out there.

Justify was one I liked mostly because it is different. It was nice to hear Scott do something a little less formulaic and different. I will have to say that it reminded me a bit of the Pearl Jam song "Push Me, Pull Me" only because of the talking and their voices are similar - big whoop.

Anyway, it's a decent album and I'll still be buying it Nov. 22.

I agree... I totally see the Pearl Jam feel to "Justify." I like the song, a lot actually because it's not typical Stapp.

potsofclay
11-03-2005, 07:30 PM
could someone please send me the link to download the album? I SWEAR TO BUY THE CD!!! I SWEAR ON THE PRECIOUS!!! gollum!!!!!

Ana4Stapp
11-03-2005, 08:28 PM
Finally I listend to whole cd and to me is a good album , but not a very good like I was expecting, but maybe its only a first wrong impression...anyway LOVED:

Fight Song- track 02 - Amazing hard song that totally surprise me...

Justify -track 04- Very good song- very different from the usual Stapp. Really like the lyrics.

Surrounde me-track 06- The first song that definitely impressed me...even though lyrically is not a great thing.

Also liked tracks 08-Sublime and 10- Broken which are beautiful songs but not moving ones...

Cd got a ...7 ;)

scrit
11-03-2005, 08:48 PM
Wow, this cd was not what I was expecting. I like it alot though. More specificly i love the songs Justify, Fight song, Let me Go, and Broken. THe rest diddn't really jump out at me, but kept me interested. I think I'll really like this cd after a few more listens. It was a lot harder than I was expecting, which is a good thing.

Tremontixriffs
11-03-2005, 08:55 PM
Finally I listend to whole cd and to me is a good album , but not a very good like I was expecting, but maybe its only a first wrong impression...anyway LOVED:

Fight Song- track 02 - Amazing hard song that totally surprise me...

Justify -track 04- Very good song- very different from the usual Stapp. Really like the lyrics.

Surrounde me-track 06- The first song that definitely impressed me...even though lyrically is not a great thing.

Also liked tracks 08-Sublime and 10- Broken which are beautiful songs but not moving ones...
Cd got a ...7 ;)

I think its kinda funny that Uncertain has yet to speak on this cd....But then again I think I already know what he'll say...lol

Tremontixriffs
11-03-2005, 09:01 PM
By the way mad props to the source on the pre release leak, I wonder if this whole leak was planned by Wind up to promote the album as I am sure they have people that monitor these boards....Also another reason I;m all for sharing files is that as fans in these forums we spend a ton of time trying to get the inside on the band so leaks like this are a reward.....

revisfoot
11-03-2005, 10:23 PM
Wow, LOVE the album. It's wicked great, mad props to Stapp, and GoneBlind. Very awesome. I can't get enough of it.

Notice how close in Fight Song "I can go another round despite you" sounds VERY much like "I can go ALONE despite you." A stab at Tremonti & the gang?

Robin101
11-04-2005, 08:42 AM
Could someone post me an e-mail or private message for the album link, please - you can contact me by going into my public profile.

I agree that you should always support the artist by purchasing the music, too. Same applies to DVD's.

For example, 12 stone albums are not on sale in the U.K so I downloaded them through i-Mesh. I still purchased them with Amazon and had them shipped.

Look at my messages - all pro-Stapp!

Take Care

SnowBlower-HALL
11-04-2005, 02:42 PM
Could someone post me an e-mail or private message for the album link, please - you can contact me by going into my public profile.

I agree that you should always support the artist by purchasing the music, too. Same applies to DVD's.

For example, 12 stone albums are not on sale in the U.K so I downloaded them through i-Mesh. I still purchased them with Amazon and had them shipped.

Look at my messages - all pro-Stapp!

Take Care

"Its funny that you would say this. I've got this friend who has this habit of going around to his sister's house at least twice a week, to do the exact same thing.

He goes over to i-mesh,taps his favorite artist in to seach...(britney spears, westlife, s club 7)..."You know the good stuff" :wtf:- and then spends hours,upon hours playing his favorite tunes back!

"Oh....the fun he has! :smokin:

bobben
11-04-2005, 02:45 PM
Surround Me is seriously one of the best songs I've ever heard...and I've heard a lot! :cool:

jonofj
11-04-2005, 03:02 PM
i think the first minute and a half of Surround Me is my favorite party of the whole album... really awesome... can't believe they didn't have this in the clip they released... but then again it was only like 2 mins.

I really dig the Surround me song too. Its a very simple and flowing melodic song.

Ana4Stapp
11-04-2005, 03:45 PM
I think its kinda funny that Uncertain has yet to speak on this cd....But then again I think I already know what he'll say...lol

I CANT understand the connection between my post quoted and Uncertains opinion...
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Anyway...Im sure everyone here knows his opinions about this 'issue' - :rolleyes:

PJAmerica
11-04-2005, 06:10 PM
I have mine pre-ordered but it's awsome to hear it now. I am so liking this whole album from start to end.

GregS
11-04-2005, 07:24 PM
Overall i thought this album was quite decent. I'd say Stapp & GB have done well on this though it took its time..
Favourite songs - GD , Surround me , Fight song , Reach out , Broken , Sublime :)
Ye also. Any word on where hes going to be touring ? Hopefully he'll come 2 Europe..at some point.

Creed7352
11-04-2005, 07:39 PM
read the sticky up top from steve..lol

The Lithium
11-05-2005, 05:43 AM
Ye also. Any word on where hes going to be touring ? Hopefully he'll come 2 Europe..at some point.
I doubt that. I think he'll be touring in the US and some in Canada. Remember it was because of him Creed didn't visit Europe more. Now when he's out of the band and Myles is in Alter Bridge, they comes to Europe all the time! Although I WOULD see him if I got the chance. But I would make sure to show my disgust as soon as he and that "pieced-together pawnshop band" starts to play a Creed song.

titan9
11-05-2005, 09:04 AM
Haha, so we're in the same boat as far as that's(the playing Creed songs on tour thing) concerned? :laugh:

Anyway, I hope he comes to Michigan, specifically next October/November(after I turn 18). I'll definitely go to a concert if he comes to this state.

uncertaindrumer
11-05-2005, 01:14 PM
Well I'm sure everyone has been DYING to hear what I thought of it... lol

So anyway I haven't listened to the whole thing yet. Could only stomach so much at a time. But anyway I was surprised three ways:

First, it didn't sound anything like I expected it to. This was a neutral surprise. While I'm glad it was heavier than I thougt it would be, it just falls into the same old same old genre that everyone has heard a gabillion times.

Second, I was REALLY surprised by Scott's voice. I thought it sounded REALLY bad. And I'm not just saying that either. It doesn't sound anywhere near up to par with Creed's albums.

Third, I was pleasently surprised by the instruments. The rythym section was of course totally boring, especially the drums (this is just a given in modern rock. the drums and bass suck), but the guitar was actually pretty decent. I was definitely a little shocked by some of the riffs. not bad at all.

The things that didn't surprise me were the lyrics. Bah. Maybe they were a bit worse than I thought they were going to be. Plus they didn't... fit well. Like, in "Fight Song", it seems like he has to twist the words to get them to fit. I dunno. So yeah I was expecting bad lyrics but not quite that bad.

All in all I was pleasantly surprised by the non-Stapp parts and dissapointed by the Stapp parts. And that is a pretty big deal cuz as you guys know, I was expecting NOTHING out of Stapp. I did think, though, that his VOICE would sound a bit better... Heaven help the souls who have to hear him live...

So in all, I would never recommend it to anyone. Unless they loved Creed. Then I would definitely recommend it.

uncertaindrumer
11-05-2005, 01:18 PM
Whoa. Okay so I just listened to Broken... YIKES. The most overused lame lyrics I have ever heard. I mean, Titan, you like that song? Every band of all time has a song talking about being "broken" 12 Stones has a blasted song called broken. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE lyrics.

But, the instruments, again, kinda surprised me. I didn't mind them. I DIDN'T like the harmony singing though... thought that was disastrously bad... Or was it even harmony? Maybe it was just a little mixing, layering his own voice. Didn't like it either way.

EDIT: Just listened to justify. Definitely the best song I have heard so far. In fact--dare I say it--I might actually like it. The chorus vocals/lyrics suck, btu the verses... man I hate admitting this but the lyrics and vocal style there is really good. Dang did I jsut say that? Meh, I guess I'll have to chalk it up to the whole "Even a blind squirrel can find an acorn every once in a while" type of thing, lol

But yeah Justify is pretty good, considering. Does anyone have the lyrics written down?

Ana4Stapp
11-05-2005, 01:26 PM
EDIT: Just listened to justify. Definitely the best song I have heard so far. In fact--dare I say it--I might actually like it. The chorus vocals/lyrics suck, btu the verses... man I hate admitting this but the lyrics and vocal style there is really good. Dang did I jsut say that? Meh, I guess I'll have to chalk it up to the whole "Even a blind squirrel can find an acorn every once in a while" type of thing, lol

But yeah Justify is pretty good, considering. Does anyone have the lyrics written down?

:rolleyes: WOW!!!!! Am I dreaming? AM I really reading that? ...maybe its the language barrier cuz it CANT be true! ...hey titan...did you read that too????

LOL

Ana4Stapp
11-05-2005, 01:41 PM
Justify

I met a man in New Orleans
Wore a half suit with dark blue jeans
Kicked his heels together
Winked at me real nice

I saw him from a mile away
But in my state of mind
I let him make his play
Hey boy, have you seen the other side?

Yeah, in this man I saw the devil's hand
So I looked at him man to man
Said this time there's gonna be a fight

I do not have to justify the way I live my life
I do not have to justify the reason I'm alive

No more
No more

I saw her from across the room
With diamond eyes she's heaven's jewel
Dropped two aces, smiled, and threw my cards back

Yeah, been that man who lives deceived
Surrounds himself with worldly things
So lemme tell you a story, let me feed it to you

We fly around like we were Superman
Living another trance, a different way to dance
With dark romance you get another chance
To do the dirty dance without a consequence

So lemme change the timbre of the section
Add a little blues to ice
I guess you probably noticed
I been living a double life
So fly around like you were superman
Given another chance, a different way to dance
With true romance you get another chance
To tell your dirty darkest secrets

We fly around like we were Superman
Living another trance, a different way to dance
With dark romance you get another chance
To do the dirty dance without consequence

No more
No more
No more...

It's just not me
Not me
Not me

I'm just
I'm just like you

;)
Lyrics Scott Stapp

uncertaindrumer
11-05-2005, 01:47 PM
Yes, yes, the verse and interlude thing are very good. I still hate the chorus but the verse lyrics are the best I have ever seen from Stapp. By far.

EDIT: Let's keep this all in perspective. I said Best song I'd heard so far as in "Best song I'd heard on the album". The line you should have bolded was the one about me actually liking it... lol

Rocketqueen
11-05-2005, 01:54 PM
I ASKED FIRST :thewave: I ASKED FIRST I ASKED FIRST

Ana4Stapp
11-05-2005, 01:55 PM
Yes, yes, the verse and interlude thing are very good. I still hate the chorus but the verse lyrics are the best I have ever seen from Stapp. By far.

EDIT: Let's keep this all in perspective. I said Best song I'd heard so far as in "Best song I'd heard on the album". The line you should have bolded was the one about me actually liking it... lol

No, dont try to change this, uncertain...all the matter now is that you LOVED Stapp lyrics...lol ;)

Rocketqueen
11-05-2005, 01:56 PM
:d :)

Ana4Stapp
11-05-2005, 02:04 PM
I ASKED FIRST :thewave: I ASKED FIRST I ASKED FIRST

WHAT???????? WHAT????????WHAT?????????

uncertaindrumer
11-05-2005, 02:21 PM
Tis true. I loved the verse lyrics. They were very good. I'm not above admitting something Stapp does is good. I'd jsut never really seen anything before that WAS...

Ana4Stapp
11-05-2005, 02:29 PM
Tis true. I loved the verse lyrics. They were very good. I'm not above admitting something Stapp does is good. I'd jsut never really seen anything before that WAS...

what about MOP lyrics?

Rocketqueen
11-05-2005, 02:30 PM
WHAT???????? WHAT????????WHAT?????????

oh sweetpea never mind i will explain later i asked somebody to to post the lyrics to justfiy so i could put it on my sig.

Rocketqueen
11-05-2005, 02:33 PM
what about MOP lyrics?
The Grandaddy of,em All ;) ;) my opion of course

uncertaindrumer
11-05-2005, 03:47 PM
what about MOP lyrics?

No. I can't stand MOP lyrics.

*mocks and derides such nonsense as "One" and "My Own Prison"*

Unforgiven was listenable, I suppose...

Robin101
11-05-2005, 04:39 PM
"Its funny that you would say this. I've got this friend who has this habit of going around to his sister's house at least twice a week, to do the exact same thing.

He goes over to i-mesh,taps his favorite artist in to seach...(britney spears, westlife, s club 7)..."You know the good stuff" :wtf:- and then spends hours,upon hours playing his favorite tunes back!

"Oh....the fun he has! :smokin:

Very funny, Ice, very funny :mad:

First of all - DON'T LET ME GET STARTED ON SISTER'S. I could go on forever. :)

You seem to know an awful lot about my 'daily schedule' - I think I have a stalker on my hands. :eek:

As for downloading Britney Spears. Well...I...um...THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT!!!! A lot of men aged 18-34 search the web for that kind of material.......wait a minute [delete, delete, delete] :)

Take Care

titan9
11-05-2005, 06:41 PM
:rolleyes: WOW!!!!! Am I dreaming? AM I really reading that? ...maybe its the language barrier cuz it CANT be true! ...hey titan...did you read that too????

LOL

Yes, I read it and nearly had a heart attack. :laugh: Anyway, to address some of Uncertain's post:

Yes, I did say I like "Broken". And you know what? I stick by my comment. I never said the lyrics were unbelievable. They're decent. But I like the fact that, for a change, a piano and choir is used. I know, I'm not one to typically like that.....but it perfectly fit this song. Being someone who has gone through a lot in my life, the song is somewhat of an anthem, in a sense, for me. So that's probably why I like it. Never did I say it was a special song. I just said that, when I listen to it, it gives me chills. I think it is a beautiful song.

As for the vocals, aside from Reach Out, I thought Stapp sounded good. Granted, he does not sound as good today as he did during the MOP/HC days, but he still is better than some of the "vocalists" on rock/pop radio. The question that is on my mind is how much of this is studio editing, and how much is really his current vocal state. I cannot wait until he starts touring so that we can see how good his range truly is today.

As for lyrics....we already know that you have a clear distain for Stapp's lyrics, Uncertain. You don't need to say how much he sucks lyrically for the millionth time. :laugh: Anyway, the lyrics on this album ARE much more simpler than on, say, MOP or HC. But you know what? I don't mind the lyrics being simple, because I can relate to a lot of what he is saying. I guess it all comes down to perspective.

And don't run down "Broken" by 12 Stones. Lyrically, that song might not be amazing, but...that song is still a wicked song! :D

Ana4Stapp
11-05-2005, 08:08 PM
No. I can't stand MOP lyrics.

*mocks and derides such nonsense as "One" and "My Own Prison"*

Unforgiven was listenable, I suppose...

Yeah.I agree with you (unbelievable! :D ) Unforgiven is my favorite

anyway...of course My Own Prison is nonsense ...considering the 'story' behind Stapp inspiration ...lol ;)

The Lithium
11-05-2005, 08:14 PM
As for downloading Britney Spears. Well...I...um...THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT!!!!
I respectfully disagree!!! That's a crime to music! Well, not downloading, I love sharing files, but Britney Spears... There's your crime!

A lot of men aged 18-34 search the web for that kind of material.......
Oh no, they don't! :confused:

uncertaindrumer
11-05-2005, 10:36 PM
Yes, I did say I like "Broken". And you know what? I stick by my comment. I never said the lyrics were unbelievable. They're decent. But I like the fact that, for a change, a piano and choir is used. I know, I'm not one to typically like that.....but it perfectly fit this song. Being someone who has gone through a lot in my life, the song is somewhat of an anthem, in a sense, for me. So that's probably why I like it. Never did I say it was a special song. I just said that, when I listen to it, it gives me chills. I think it is a beautiful song.

Yeah I liekd the piano... not the choir... lol

As for the vocals, aside from Reach Out, I thought Stapp sounded good. Granted, he does not sound as good today as he did during the MOP/HC days, but he still is better than some of the "vocalists" on rock/pop radio. The question that is on my mind is how much of this is studio editing, and how much is really his current vocal state. I cannot wait until he starts touring so that we can see how good his range truly is today.

Meh, I wasn't exactly comparing him to other "rock" artists of the day, such as 3DD or anything like that. Given those criteria sure, his voice is fine. But those aren't my measuring sticks. And yes he did used to sound better. Does he smoke? I seem to think I have heard that somewhere...

As for lyrics....we already know that you have a clear distain for Stapp's lyrics, Uncertain. You don't need to say how much he sucks lyrically for the millionth time. :laugh: Anyway, the lyrics on this album ARE much more simpler than on, say, MOP or HC. But you know what? I don't mind the lyrics being simple, because I can relate to a lot of what he is saying. I guess it all comes down to perspective.

Meh, I would agree with the not minding simple lyrics thing (i.e. I have no trouble listening to Alter Bridge and they have BEYOND simple lyrics) if it weren't for the fact that... That's all he does! The album is "Scott Stapp: The Great Divide". Hence, you'd think that the ARTIST would actually do the one thing which is his, (writing the lyrics) and do it well. I mean of course he sings also but he is just a mediocre singer, nothing much else to say about that. Although, really, technically, I was surprised by his lyrics cuz there was actually ONE SONG--minus the chorus, or lack thereof--which I liked the lyrics to...

And don't run down "Broken" by 12 Stones. Lyrically, that song might not be amazing, but...that song is still a wicked song! :D

Oh I don't mind 12 stones. Was actually just listening to them literally five mintues ago. (Potter's field, track 7. Which song is that anyway?) but I dont' think even YOU would claim they are lyrical geniuses, lol

titan9
11-05-2005, 11:16 PM
Yeah I liekd the piano... not the choir... lol

I was surprised that I liked the choir....considering I hated the choir in Don't Stop Dancing.

Meh, I wasn't exactly comparing him to other "rock" artists of the day, such as 3DD or anything like that. Given those criteria sure, his voice is fine. But those aren't my measuring sticks. And yes he did used to sound better. Does he smoke? I seem to think I have heard that somewhere...

They aren't necessarily my measuring sticks, either, but I think he sounds just fine on this album. Not as good as MOP or HC, but not that bad, either. As far as him being a smoker, I hear he chews tobacco. I also hear he drinks good amount. But I cannot confirm that.

Meh, I would agree with the not minding simple lyrics thing (i.e. I have no trouble listening to Alter Bridge and they have BEYOND simple lyrics) if it weren't for the fact that... That's all he does! The album is "Scott Stapp: The Great Divide". Hence, you'd think that the ARTIST would actually do the one thing which is his, (writing the lyrics) and do it well. I mean of course he sings also but he is just a mediocre singer, nothing much else to say about that. Although, really, technically, I was surprised by his lyrics cuz there was actually ONE SONG--minus the chorus, or lack thereof--which I liked the lyrics to...

*sigh* He does do it an awful lot on this album. I admit, I do wish that he were doing lyrics more similar to MOP or HC....but I accept that is no longer the case. So I will accept the simple lyrics and try to find something about the songs to enjoy.

Oh I don't mind 12 stones. Was actually just listening to them literally five mintues ago. (Potter's field, track 7. Which song is that anyway?) but I dont' think even YOU would claim they are lyrical geniuses, lol

No, they aren't. But I do enjoy a lot of their lyrics on the self-titled CD. I think The Way I Feel is an awesome song, lyrically. And, obviously, if I didn't love their music like I do, I wouldn't be the co-Admin/Co-web designer of the fan site in my sig. :laugh: As for what track number 7 is, it's "Photograph", one of the best songs on Potter's Field. I actually don't like PF as much as I like the debut, though.

Bridge of Clay
11-05-2005, 11:37 PM
call me cheesy, but I liked the choir in Broken. It reminds me of my church groups music.

(Titan, perhaps you didn't like the choir in DSD coz it was a Children Choir singing a lame chorus: wtf is "Children, Don't Stop Dancing, Believe you can fly away" and the lil kid hears this and jump out of the window :wtf That's the one Creed song I hate)

c'mon Stephen... you'll say you didn't like Faceless Man lyrics ??? or What If???

metalanus
11-05-2005, 11:37 PM
guys simmer down , you do not have to justify the things you like. I just sang that . but its true we all have our opinions and there is no reason to justify everything you say. are you really giving stapp a fair shake Mr. U ? :smokin:

Steve
11-06-2005, 01:47 AM
Meh, I would agree with the not minding simple lyrics thing (i.e. I have no trouble listening to Alter Bridge and they have BEYOND simple lyrics) if it weren't for the fact that... That's all he does! The album is "Scott Stapp: The Great Divide". Hence, you'd think that the ARTIST would actually do the one thing which is his, (writing the lyrics) and do it well.

You know, this is a good point. Stapp is known for writing deep lyrical content - songs that have depth and underlying meanings. His solo album, however, seem to have very basic and simple lyrics, totally opposite of what he's known for. Hrmm....

Muad'Dib
11-06-2005, 01:49 AM
Been giving it a few more listens, and for me the only reason Ill listen to this it seems is cos of Stapps voice. Apart from that nothing of it appeals to me. Ive grown tired of alot of the songs. Still dont understand how his lyrics have progressed to this, alot of repetition and just generally crap in some songs. Seems to be one of those albums Ill put on now and again and then only listen to few songs from it.

Enjoy Surround Me, Hard Way and Justify. Broken . . . dislike this song the most, just incredibly cheesey lyrics that shit me + that choir :rolleyes: As I said Stapps voice is the saving grace, its not as good as it used to be but its nice to hear it again, still one of my favourite vocalists :)

6 out of 10 for me.

Muad'Dib
11-06-2005, 01:52 AM
You know, this is a good point. Stapp is known for writing deep lyrical content - songs that have depth and underlying meanings. His solo album, however, seem to have very basic and simple lyrics, totally opposite of what he's known for. Hrmm....

Yeah this is what I dont understand. Any of the songs from Weathered bar DSD and Lullably, are so much better lyrically then anything hes put out for now. Ive never seen such a change in style in any artist ever. And for those that say hes found faith, love for life etc, that doesnt change how you write your music. Just what you write about.

HuMaN~ClAy
11-06-2005, 04:02 AM
after listening to the album a few more times i have to say the only track i don't like is Let Me Go.... I can't even say "i don't know what it is" because it's definitely his singing... the stresesed/unstressed/stresses/unstressed/stressed way he sings.... almost makes me sea sick... i really hate it... every other song i can listen to besides that one...

and i stick by Justify, Surround Me, Fight Song, and Hard Way being the strongest songs, but Sublime and You Will Soar (far from my favorites) are the ones that stick in my head the most... the past 2 or 3 days those 2 have been in my head all the time... they've grown on me without having to listen to them over and over again hahaha, they've somehow done it all by thenselves...

but... i don't see why everyone's so wraped up about Broken... IMO the second worst song on the whole album...

The Lithium
11-06-2005, 05:54 AM
call me cheesy, but I liked the choir in Broken. It reminds me of my church groups music.
Yeah, I agree... It may be a little cheesy, but then I'm proud of being cheesy. It matches the song really well.

The Lithium
11-06-2005, 05:59 AM
Yeah, but he said in a radio interview that this was the first time he totally let the music inspire him, and he didn't write any lyrics before the songs were done. And we still don't know how much Mark contributed on the Creed lyrics... Michael have said we Creed fans would actually be surprised if we knew how many lyrics Mark wrote or co-wrote for Creed. And Mark have also said in interviews that Stapp held him back and that Stapp took credit for things Mark did... Well, who knows?

INDIGOSTEVE
11-06-2005, 08:26 AM
the cd is really good! its way better than anything I've heard in several years :rolleyes:

The Lithium
11-06-2005, 08:34 AM
Yeah, it's good, but stilll... Listen to songs like Faceless Man. Will he ever be good enough to sing like that again? He could never hit the high notes now.

Ana4Stapp
11-06-2005, 09:05 AM

Exactly! ;)

Steve
11-06-2005, 09:45 AM
the cd is really good! its way better than anything I've heard in several years :rolleyes:

You've been missin' some good music then... ;)

The Lithium
11-06-2005, 09:51 AM
Haha, amen to that Steve! :D

Tremontixriffs
11-06-2005, 11:04 AM
Haha, amen to that Steve! :D

Good music, I dont call stain'd , and all the other crap modern rock good music, I mean really at least stapp went with a little originality on this cd..True there are a couple of creedlike songs but for the most part it was a really good cd. Secondly While Stapps vocals may not be to the point they were a few years ago he still sounds More hard rock than myles kennedy could ever wish..Yeah myles would win a sing off but Stapp rocks the house when it come to hard rock not Punk rock...Go stapp I give 8 out of ten...Oh yeah Uncertain I think you need to masturbate to some Mayfield four records for a little while to get In touch with your inner Vagina...lol..peace

INDIGOSTEVE
11-06-2005, 12:14 PM
that was hilarious! :smokin:

Dogstar
11-06-2005, 01:23 PM
I still haven't heard it. I tried to get it but for some reason, the download wouldn't work.

cariocawlad
11-06-2005, 01:40 PM
Me too...when it gets round 44% the program sotps to download the file and start to download another strange file. I think the link is broken...someone could help us?

Steve
11-06-2005, 01:49 PM
Good music, I dont call stain'd , and all the other crap modern rock good music, I mean really at least stapp went with a little originality on this cd..True there are a couple of creedlike songs but for the most part it was a really good cd. Secondly While Stapps vocals may not be to the point they were a few years ago he still sounds More hard rock than myles kennedy could ever wish..Yeah myles would win a sing off but Stapp rocks the house when it come to hard rock not Punk rock...Go stapp I give 8 out of ten...Oh yeah Uncertain I think you need to masturbate to some Mayfield four records for a little while to get In touch with your inner Vagina...lol..peace

Who said anything about Staind? Want to know some other good cds? How about Audioslave and Shinedown just to name two? And are you trying to say Myles Kennedy sings punk rock? Finally, please don't disrespect other members of the board.

titan9
11-06-2005, 02:28 PM
Amen to Shinedown and Audioslave, Steve. That new Shinedown CD is amazing. Even better than their first CD, which was darn good. Same with the new Audioslave CD.

And I do think Stapp could hit those high notes again...if he quits chewing tobacco and works on his voice...

INDIGOSTEVE
11-06-2005, 02:57 PM
yeah he could use a trainer for his voice but over all still really like his voice!

metalanus
11-06-2005, 03:08 PM
are you shure shinedowns new one is better than the first. I think some songs are stronger and its more diverse but as a whole its not as good. Leave a whisper was solid all the way through and is hard to beat. the first song progressed in a way that it was like bam "we are shinedown" and then it ended on a soft/Hard/soft note. they are one of the most underated bands out their.

in some ways I dont like listening to fly from the inside out of order or by itself because to me its more of an intro leading into more great music.

The Lithium
11-06-2005, 03:14 PM
And your point is what? This has nothing to do with what I posted!

And about that thole Stapp has a more "rocky" voice than Myles. I disagree... Very many rock singers are tenors!

Amen to Shinedown and Audioslave, Steve. That new Shinedown CD is amazing. Even better than their first CD, which was darn good. Same with the new Audioslave CD.
Oh yeah, Shinedown's new is way better than the first, which was decent. But I have to say I like Audioslave's first record more than their second. It was loud, well and heavy! But the second rocks, as well!

Dogstar
11-06-2005, 03:54 PM
Audioslave played a new song the other night, and it was much heavier. I think the third album's going to kick ass. I like the first one much better, too.

ctfan
11-06-2005, 04:19 PM
By the way mad props to the source on the pre release leak, I wonder if this whole leak was planned by Wind up to promote the album as I am sure they have people that monitor these boards....Also another reason I;m all for sharing files is that as fans in these forums we spend a ton of time trying to get the inside on the band so leaks like this are a reward.....

I don't get it. If it were planned by Wind Up, why not just have the whole cd up for a listen on his site.

Anyway, I just don't think it's fair to an artist to have someone leak it, esp the entire cd, no matter how much time fans spend, or don't spend trying to get the inside on the band. So with that, I've not downloaded it and will wait until the release date.

I have heard the clips of Justify and Sublime, and wow....he nailed it. The music is awesome, and the lyrics are great. To me, Justify has a really soulful sound to it, and from what I've heard so far, the cd is very diverse.

:)

Dogstar
11-06-2005, 05:52 PM
If Wind Up did plan it, maybe it's just to create a buzz. People like being up on things before everybody else. I have it now (thank you, you know who you are ;) ), and I'm going to listen to it in a little while.

Ana4Stapp
11-06-2005, 07:39 PM
Im listening to this and liking a lot Justify, Fight Song. Reach Out but just loving, loving Surround Me -even though not a great lyric but definitely an amazing ballad song- yeah the old Stapp we know. ;)

Medium position : Broken (certainly a beautiful song -but nothing special I and Hard song -a good one song.

And finally my dislike list has Sublime, You'll Soar, Let it go and Great Divide(I cant stand it!)

uncertaindrumer
11-06-2005, 07:56 PM
c'mon Stephen... you'll say you didn't like Faceless Man lyrics ??? or What If???

Faceless man... hmm... i have not listened to that song in a long time... I must try to remember its lyrics before getting back to you, lol.

And yes i do like what if's verses. forgot about what if... how could i forget about what if...

Titan: Yes, PF was definitely inferior in my opinion to their debut, although photograph is my favorite 12 Stones song bar none.

Audioslave: I love Audioslave... lol

I have heard the clips of Justify and Sublime, and wow....he nailed it. The music is awesome, and the lyrics are great. To me, Justify has a really soulful sound to it, and from what I've heard so far, the cd is very diverse.

:)

It all goes downhill after "Justifiy". lol

uncertaindrumer
11-06-2005, 08:01 PM

You are so ignorant and every post you make proves it. ROCK SINGERS ARE TENORS. Stapp does not have a more "rocky" voice. He has a LESS rocky voice. You clearly do not even know what rock is. And no, this CD is not original in the least, except for maybe broken.

Anyway Steve thank you for understanding what I posted. I'm glad I wasn't the only one surprised by that. lol

And whoever said it, if Stapp wrote the lyrics to the song instead of the other way around, it makes perfect sense why they seem so contorted. That explains everything a bit...

Dogstar
11-06-2005, 08:19 PM

Dogstar
11-06-2005, 08:43 PM
Exactly. I had high hopes listening to the first four songs. I liked Justify and Fight Song. After Justify, though, I'm sorry, but it sucks. The slow stuff is just awful. Boring music, cliched lyrics...Blech. I won't be buying this, that's for sure.

titan9
11-06-2005, 09:03 PM
I'd have to agree that the top four tracks are the best. I'd say that the last 6 are, in a sense, hit and miss. Let Me Go is the weakest track on the album, bar none. And I think I attribute that to the fact that the verses are so short. It's a bit too repetitive. Surround Me is a(imo) very strong song, with good lyrics and good music. Vocally it is good as well. TGD...well....it's a single. Typically, singles are the weakest tracks on the album. This isn't as bad as Let Me Go, but it isn't amazing. It's a 6 or 7 of 10 song. Next is Sublime, which has taken time to grow on me. It's a tiny bit repetitive, but still a decent song. You Will Soar is probably my favorite soft song on the album(well, aside from Surround Me) probably because I like the message behind the song. It isn't amazing lyrically or vocally or musically, but it is still a pretty good song. And then there's Broken...lyrically it isn't phenomenal, but the vocals/choir/piano/light guitar work well together. The song is sung with enough emotion to really make it a(for some) chilling song. Overall(and I'm finally ready to give a real rating to the album) I would say the album is a 7.5 out of 10. It ain't as good as Creed, but it's not that bad. I don't expect AB or Stapp to come out with an album that will match the awesomeness of MOP. What I do expect, however, is for both to come out with competent albums that feature some variety and some very good tracks. This one does, so I am overall happy with it.

Dogstar
11-06-2005, 09:10 PM
Hmm, well, we disagree :D...I hated Sublime. I wanted to skip over it, but I soldiered through it. I couldn't stand Surround Me, either. I don't know. The last track with the choir and what-not was OK. I liked the piano, too. But overall, after Justify, I just found it pretty uninspiring. His voice did sound good on some of the softer stuff, and I'm glad for that, but the songs just didn't do it for me.

titan9
11-06-2005, 09:13 PM
Well.....there's always album 2. I mean, you can't give up on him after one album. If I hated this one, I wouldn't. :D

I didn't like Sublime at first, either.

Dogstar
11-06-2005, 09:15 PM
No, I won't give up. I still love the man's voice, but I'm not buying this one :D.

titan9
11-06-2005, 09:17 PM
What about seeing him live, then? :D Perhaps an awesome live performance would change your mind about the album. ;)

Dogstar
11-06-2005, 09:19 PM
What about seeing him live, then? :D Perhaps an awesome live performance would change your mind about the album. ;)
Oh, I'm sure I'll check out a live show. That has happened on many occasions. For example, a lot of people don't like NIN's new album. I actually do like it, but I have to tell you, after seeing them live, I like it even more than I did.

cariocawlad
11-07-2005, 06:55 AM
Woa! Finally I got it...and I must say that is a good album, but not an amazing album...just good. It gives me the impression that Stapp had many difficulties to create these songs: Just 10 songs and the most sounds so basic.

I think he create better with a musician by his side. Alone he seens a little lost to me. The song I really love is Surround Me. I like a lot of Fight Song, Broken, Justify and Hard Way.

I Hope next album can be better than that. This is just my opinion.

Peace.

titan9
11-07-2005, 07:56 AM
Some observations now that I've logged my 6th listen:

1.It seems like the very best tracks on this album are the first four, which happen to all be "hard" songs. These songs have good music, good vocals, good lyrics. I guess I can draw the conclusion that he obviously writes better for the hard songs than the ballads.

2.On the next album, I would like to see 3 less ballads. I don't hate or dislike all the ballads on this album(most are good), but I think he would be better suited with an album that has 6-7 hard songs and only 3-4 ballads.

3.What I've noticed is that on both ODR and TGD, there are 3 songs I'm most likely to skip. For ODR, it'd be Broken Wings, Watch Your Words and The End Is Here. For TGD, it'd be the title track, Let Me Go and Sublime. It's not like these tracks are awful, but I'm just not as likely to listen to them on every listen of the album. Also, it seems like on both ODR and TGD, the first 4-5 tracks are the strongest on the album. Kinda ironic.

Just my opinion.

uncertaindrumer
11-07-2005, 09:12 AM
Well on ODR the first five tracks minus OYE are the strongest. By far. On ODR I skip OYE, Broken Wings, ILY, SMS. I don't "skip" TEIH because it is the last song on the album, lol

As for Stapp's album... I skip everything except Justify. lol

uncertaindrumer
11-07-2005, 09:12 AM
Exactly. I had high hopes listening to the first four songs. I liked Justify and Fight Song. After Justify, though, I'm sorry, but it sucks. The slow stuff is just awful. Boring music, cliched lyrics...Blech. I won't be buying this, that's for sure.

You and I have very similar tastes in music...

Bridge of Clay
11-07-2005, 10:10 AM
Well on ODR the first five tracks minus OYE are the strongest. By far. On ODR I skip OYE, Broken Wings, ILY, SMS. I don't "skip" TEIH because it is the last song on the album, lol

you don't skip BID?

I dunno what people have against OYE though. I usually skip WYW and TEIH.

The Lithium
11-07-2005, 10:51 AM
you don't skip BID?

WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?!?!?!?!?!

OH MY GOD, this is too much to hear at the same time!!!

Bridge of Clay
11-07-2005, 10:53 AM
WYW has no melody... it's just crunching guitars. and TEIH isn't very appealing... lol

The Lithium
11-07-2005, 11:24 AM
Yeah, well that's the beauty for WYW! :D

I think TEIH is very mysterious and I think the whole band does a very good job on that song!

How about Audioslave and Shinedown just to name two?
Don't forget System Of A Down, though!! Such a tallented, original, political and HEEEAAVVY band!!!

titan9
11-07-2005, 11:36 AM
Well on ODR the first five tracks minus OYE are the strongest. By far.

I agree with that. Those are definitely the strongest tracks. I really like OYE(especially that awesome solo) but even I admit that it isn't that original of a song. It has a Creed sound to it. As for Burn It Down, I have grown to love that song. I never skip it anymore.

I agree with Marcos on WYW and TEIH. Those songs just aren't that appealing, and I rarely listen to them as a result.

As for System of a Down...yes, they are more original than pretty much everything else on Rock radio....but I can't stand them for whatever reason. I think it's that vocalist, because I do not have a problem with the actual music; just the vocals and lyrics.

Bridge of Clay
11-07-2005, 12:17 PM
meh, I find BID annoying...

and what's wrong with the Creed sound in OYE? Didn't most of us like Creed? lol I love the song, the tone, the bridge... it's nice! not to mention the solo!

titan9
11-07-2005, 12:21 PM
Lol, all I was saying is that OYE isn't the most original of a track. It's an awesome song, I'll give you that. I rarely skip it.

Dogstar
11-07-2005, 12:51 PM
you don't skip BID?

OMG, I love Burn It Down. That's my favorite song on the album. I was so disappointed when I heard OYE at first because I didn't want Weathered II from AB. I originally gave AB a B- and I still do.I agree with uncertaindrummer that the first half of the CD is better (minus OYE) than the second half. Seeing them live did help me like some of the songs a little better, but I still find that I skip the following: OYE, Broken Wings, Shed My Skin (this one was better live), etc. I actually like The End Is Here, though.

The Lithium
11-07-2005, 01:24 PM
As for System of a Down...yes, they are more original than pretty much everything else on Rock radio....but I can't stand them for whatever reason. I think it's that vocalist, because I do not have a problem with the actual music; just the vocals and lyrics.
I love Serj has a GREAT voice! Also very original! And I also think Daron who plays guitar has a very cool voice!

And their lyrics are just great man! They're not afraid to point any fingers are politicans like Bush!

As for the skipping of tracks... Why do people do that, all tracks are frickin' amazing!!

titan9
11-07-2005, 01:27 PM
Well, I didn't care for "B.Y.O.B"'s lyrics, nor the vocals. That new one they've got out(I want to say it is "Hypnotize" but I am not sure if that is the title) is actually good, imo. I should correct what I said regarding the vocals: I don't like the lead vocalist, particular in the song "B.Y.O.B". I haven't heard enough from the back-up vocalist to really say whether or not I like him.

The Lithium
11-07-2005, 01:39 PM
Well, I didn't care for "B.Y.O.B"'s lyrics, nor the vocals. That new one they've got out(I want to say it is "Hypnotize" but I am not sure if that is the title) is actually good, imo. I should correct what I said regarding the vocals: I don't like the lead vocalist, particular in the song "B.Y.O.B". I haven't heard enough from the back-up vocalist to really say whether or not I like him.
Still, you should really read some SOAD lyrics, they really make you think about some stuff. I really like what Serj, (lead singer), had to say when they won their MTV Music Award for "Best Alternative"

Serj Tankian: "I wanna thank you all for this (award). And I would just like to say one thing... Civilization is a failure! We should all get together and decide, with love, what we should to next... With love!"

titan9
11-07-2005, 01:44 PM
I'm sure they do. I've heard that they are a very political band, which can be both good and bad. I've heard that they do it good, though. That quote is a good one.

The Lithium
11-07-2005, 02:29 PM
Yeah, they do it real well. They come up with facts as arguments, not just angry screams and curses!

Here's a quote from their song: Boom:
Modern globalization,
Coupled with condemnations,
Unnecessary death,
Matador corporations,
Puppeting your frustrations,
With the blinded flag,
Manufacturing consent
Is the name of the game,
The bottom line is money,
Nobody gives a fuck.
4000 hungry children leave us per hour,
From starvation,
While billions spent on bombs,
Creating death showers.

Boom, boom, boom, boom,
Every time you drop the bomb,
You kill the God your child has born.
Boom, boom, boom, boom

Why most we kill our own kind?

Ana4Stapp
11-07-2005, 02:33 PM
meh, I find BID annoying...

Oh..Marcos, BID is so beautiful...Love this! ;)

uncertaindrumer
11-07-2005, 03:52 PM
I love SOAD's instruments. Friggin awesome. But I can't stand the singer. Uggghhh.

Anyway not sure how this turned into an AB thread but BID is the worst of the big four in my opinion. The Best three are ODR, FTR and Metalingus. After that its BID, then WYW, and then everything else is just... bleh. kinda the same. I like a lot of the other songs for the vocals; but the melodies, hooks and riffs are all boring and not really original at all.

The Lithium
11-07-2005, 04:02 PM
I love SOAD's instruments. Friggin awesome. But I can't stand the singer. Uggghhh.
Oh well... Still I think they're one of the best bands in todays rock/metal music! Along with Alter Bridge, Metallica, Submersed, Audioslave, Atomship and U2 they really bring a different, kind of advanced, sound to todays rockradio!

uncertaindrumer
11-07-2005, 05:34 PM
Oh I like their sound--for instance, aerials is AWESOME, cuz the singer actually--GASP!--sings! but when he does his weird yell/scream//shout thing... its just annoying...

titan9
11-07-2005, 05:47 PM
Agreed. I really like Aerials. He's a good singer when he sings, but when he shouts/screams/yells, I feel compelled to change the station.

Bridge of Clay
11-07-2005, 08:49 PM
SOAD is growing on me. I didn't use to care about them, but their music is getting better and better as I follow the singles. And the singer has a distinct voice too, I like it coz it's different.

And they have the balls to make songs against Bush in times of ClearChannel, I admire that.

stappissohot
11-07-2005, 11:23 PM
I loved the album.... hey where can you hear the song Broken? Can you give me a link? I heard some songs on scottstapp.com but they don't give the other songs like Broken so I wouldn't know. Surround Me I love, it's my life portrayed in a song, I love it so much!

rabidgopher04
11-08-2005, 02:32 AM
Oh I like their sound--for instance, aerials is AWESOME, cuz the singer actually--GASP!--sings! but when he does his weird yell/scream//shout thing... its just annoying...

wow. you mean to say there is music that you actually like?! Come on, there's got to be a catch.

Chase
11-08-2005, 02:45 AM
SOAD is growing on me. I didn't use to care about them, but their music is getting better and better as I follow the singles. And the singer has a distinct voice too, I like it coz it's different.

And they have the balls to make songs against Bush in times of ClearChannel, I admire that.

You guys make it sound like Bush has people shot if they voice out against him lol. And what does Clear Channel have to do with Bush?

The Lithium
11-08-2005, 03:36 AM
Oh yeah, I totally agree with all their political lyrics so far!

You guys make it sound like Bush has people shot if they voice out against him lol
No, but very many doesn't have those balls! :D

Bridge of Clay
11-08-2005, 06:38 AM
You guys make it sound like Bush has people shot if they voice out against him lol. And what does Clear Channel have to do with Bush?
hmm, that's just an observation. I won't make this the political forum. But you just gotta think of what happened to the Dixie Chicks and voila.

And from what I read, ClearChannel sponsored Bush's campaign and is supporting him 100%, boycotting artist that voice against him.

At least that's my understanding. Let me know if I'm wrong.

uncertaindrumer
11-08-2005, 08:17 AM
wow. you mean to say there is music that you actually like?! Come on, there's got to be a catch.

Yeah, there is. I hate the vocals. I don't really listen to SOAD... because of the vocals... lol

And there is music I like: Led Zeppelin.

lol

Dogstar
11-08-2005, 11:48 AM
And there is music I like: Led Zeppelin.

Right on!!! :thumbsup:

uncertaindrumer
11-08-2005, 11:51 AM
Heh

You and I have very similar tastes in music...

Faceless_Man
11-08-2005, 01:05 PM
Get back on topic (..and no, that doesnt mean discuss more alterbridge..there's already a section for that)

Dogstar
11-08-2005, 01:37 PM
Yo, Faceless, chill. We live to jack threads ;)

Faceless_Man
11-08-2005, 02:34 PM
wow...and I thought there were no mods here as unorganized as these threads are.

Dogstar
11-08-2005, 02:40 PM
If you don't like it here, you can leave. Nobody's making ya stay ;).

uncertaindrumer
11-08-2005, 04:12 PM
wow...and I thought there were no mods here as unorganized as these threads are.

If you want to kiss Stapp's butt--I mean... ah... talk about Stapp--go to pbf. If you want to ATTEMPT to talk about Stapp but have the discussion inevitably turn to something else, stick around. lol

titan9
11-08-2005, 04:18 PM
At least he's keeping the anti-AB talk contained in the Stapp forum. I'd have a problem with it if he did it in the AB forum, but considering he isn't posting this stuff there, I don't have a problem with it.

ctfan
11-08-2005, 04:30 PM
If Wind Up did plan it, maybe it's just to create a buzz. People like being up on things before everybody else. I have it now (thank you, you know who you are ;) ), and I'm going to listen to it in a little while.

Ok, I'm confused. I thought that was the whole reason for keeping the buzz going, you know....10 tracks, two clips a week = 5 weeks. I wasn't aware that it was a race to see who got it first. Something like a "we one-upped you haha" thing I guess. Seems childish to me but oh well.

ctfan
11-08-2005, 04:40 PM

Hmm, after reading the comments concerning the cd, people have said that the first tracks are the hardest, with the softer ones following. While I've not listened to the entire cd, I have heard the clips available, and I do believe that Sublime follows Justify on the track list, and as you could read from my previous post, I like that song too. So for me, no...it doesn't go down hill after Justify. As I stated before, the cd sounds very diverse, and I like that.

The Lithium
11-08-2005, 05:08 PM
Get back on topic (..and no, that doesnt mean discuss more alterbridge..there's already a section for that)
You're totally right, we should all stop having fun right now, NOT talking about System Of A Down, politicans, modern rock music and not even think the letter A in Alter Bridge. From now on we should all just always talk about Stapp and The Great Divide... Although I think people have expressed their feelings about... But what the heck, why don't make this forum into a complete "Big Brother"-experience, huh?! It's more fun that way, 'cause then we could only and ONLY discuss "THE" topic, which should ALWAYS be Stapp!!

May Alter Bridge die a painfull death and burn in hell!! Amen!

Tremontixriffs
11-10-2005, 08:28 PM
I think system of a down kicks ass, loved their new cd, which is rare because there is a real lack of really good rock music nowadays. Disturbed, system of a down, Audioslave have to be the best around right now...

uncertaindrumer
11-10-2005, 08:44 PM
Disturbed, system of a down, Audioslave have to be the best around right now...

WHAT?!?! YOU, who is blind to the talent of Myles Kennedy like Audioslave?!?!

wow.

lol

uncertaindrumer
11-10-2005, 08:46 PM
May Alter Bridge die a painfull death and burn in hell!! Amen!

Amen brother!!!

Dogstar
11-10-2005, 09:04 PM
Ok, I'm confused. I thought that was the whole reason for keeping the buzz going, you know....10 tracks, two clips a week = 5 weeks. I wasn't aware that it was a race to see who got it first. Something like a "we one-upped you haha" thing I guess. Seems childish to me but oh well.
You're so clueless. It's not a race or a one-up thing. It's just a chance to hear the whole thing.

ctfan
11-11-2005, 12:41 AM
You're so clueless. It's not a race or a one-up thing. It's just a chance to hear the whole thing.

Hey, I'm just going on what you said.

People like being up on things before everybody else.

That lead to me to think that it was some kind of freakish race with the inclusion of the "everybody else" in your comment. Besides, what would you care, you aren't buying it.

Dogstar
11-11-2005, 01:38 AM
Hey, I'm just going on what you said.

That lead to me to think that it was some kind of freakish race with the inclusion of the "everybody else" in your comment. Besides, what would you care, you aren't buying it.
Because you just like to start crap. And it's getting old.

ctfan
11-11-2005, 01:48 AM
Because you just like to start crap. And it's getting old.

I'm sorry you feel that way dogstar, but everyone else in these forums is allowed to think freely, and post accordingly. I think I should be allowed the same freedoms. If that's a problem for you, (and it seems to be because you've also accused me of being "disruptive as well), warn me....do whatever you feel you need to do.

If this has something to do with the fact that you just simply don't like what I have to say because it's not what you want to hear, you need to be fair.

Dogstar
11-11-2005, 02:25 AM
I'm sorry you feel that way dogstar, but everyone else in these forums is allowed to think freely, and post accordingly. I think I should be allowed the same freedoms. If that's a problem for you, (and it seems to be because you've also accused me of being "disruptive as well), warn me....do whatever you feel you need to do.

If this has something to do with the fact that you just simply don't like what I have to say because it's not what you want to hear, you need to be fair.
It's not what you say, it's the tone and manner in which you say it. You know what I mean. We've gone over it a bazillion times. Like I said, it's just getting old. I'm not the only one who's noted this, and you know that as well.

Tremontixriffs
11-12-2005, 10:26 AM
Im not saying myles isnt talented he is I actually have some of mayfield four songs, they were good I just think he fit with them better than with Mark and flip. Truth is I thinkyou are a little blind when it comes to how talented scott stapp is. You may think he is an ass but how many bands in the past had lead singers that were a little wacked. Van halen, Rage Against the machine, Guns n roses, the list goes on. I think each Alter bridge and Stapp can be successful. I think his cd is good. He totally went back to his old style of singer more like humman clay and mop. I think he tried to appeal to all his audiences on this cd. It supprised me that it was a lot harder in sound which amazes me because Tremonti always wanted to be edgier. I also like disturbed new cd..thought 1.000 fists the song kicked ass! Uncertain when I talk about Kennedy Im not doing it to dog him, I just cant stand his as their singer, when they could do alot better with someone else.

uncertaindrumer
11-12-2005, 10:43 AM
Truth is I thinkyou are a little blind when it comes to how talented scott stapp is

The man's voice is shot.

when they could do alot better with someone else.

someone like...?

The Lithium
11-12-2005, 07:11 PM
OH PLEASE!!!! Will you cut it out, already? You do start a lot of crap here, haven't you noticed? And you post just as freely as anyone else does around here! And Kerri, (Dogstar), is a lovely Mod who, I think, is almost always objective to stuff and WAAAY more mature than you and I, for example.
If I was you, I'd cool it a bit... This girl could get you banned, so I don't think you should go on with your attitude. But I'm not saying you should be a ass-licker, 'cause you shouldn't. You just shouldn't disrespect other members on this board, and for your own sake, especially NOT Kerri, Teri, Mulletman or Steve!

InMyOwnMisery
11-12-2005, 10:41 PM
why do you people think that stating "opinions" is starting "crap?"

uncertaindrumer
11-12-2005, 11:08 PM
why do you people think that stating "opinions" is starting "crap?"

Have you read all of myopinions on the board? Not once has a mod ever told me I'm starting "crap". Maybe you just can't express your opinions without being totally rude.

And that's saying something because I am VERY RUDE (lol) sometimes and still have never even been warned.

Steve
11-12-2005, 11:23 PM
You're generally only rude when replying to someone who was already rude in the thread. You usually don't post anything rude by itself. heh

Torn And Filthy
11-13-2005, 09:24 AM
all u ppl should get ova it!!!! just shut up and listen to how fkn AWESOME his album is!!!!!!!

uncertaindrumer
11-13-2005, 10:49 AM
You're generally only rude when replying to someone who was already rude in the thread. You usually don't post anything rude by itself. heh

Lol, true. I have been getting better though... I don't call anyone names anymore :D

Faceless_Man
11-13-2005, 11:47 AM
Here we go OFF TOPIC again.......

This is a Scott Stapp thread in a Scott Stapp forum section. You AB groupies go to the AB section and post your reviews of that p.o.s. album they put out. Do most of you have attention disorders? And, once again the moderators do/say nothing. Doesnt surprise me at all. At least tell everyone to get back on topic or post in the respective thread. Don't sit there and contribute to the "mess" yourselves. Damn. You know nothing about properly moderating a forum.

As for the SCOTT STAPP album, I do agree that the next cd he puts out should have more of his heavier side, w/ less ballads. But, Stapp writes/shapes songs according to what inspires him or how is feeling at the time. As we all know MOP was written at a much different time in his life than TGD, but I don't expect to get anything like MOP in the future. I've heard lots of semi-Creed fans say that they wished Stapp/Creed would have made all albums as good or (dark maybe) as MOP, but that wouldnt give us anything "new and refreshing". There was definitely a dark side to Human Clay, but some seem to miss that.

Steve
11-13-2005, 12:04 PM
Faceless Man, if you don't like the way our forums are run, then leave. No one is forcing you to stay here. This forum has been up for at least 5 or 6 years, if not more. We don't need you coming here and telling me and the rest of the mods how to run the site.

Bridge of Clay
11-13-2005, 12:36 PM
all u ppl should get ova it!!!! just shut up and listen to how fkn AWESOME his album is!!!!!!!
Haha! I like your nick! It's from the song Mark wrote all by himself. :D

TeriB19
11-13-2005, 01:28 PM
Damn. You know nothing about properly moderating a forum.

I'm sorry what did you say? We know nothing about properly moderating a forum?? I'd like to show you something. It's called a door. Go through it and don't let it hit you in the ass. Or stay and show a little more respect for the administrator of this forum.

We've been here, as Steve said, for 5 or 6 years and this is the FIRST TIME anyone's ever bitched about us not moderating to your standards. Kerri said it, sometimes we like to jack threads, sometimes we go off on bizarre tangents, sometimes we do actually stick to the topic at hand. If you don't like it here, get out, no one is stopping you.

There are members here who REMAIN here BECAUSE of the way Steve runs this place. Many of us have been members here since the inception of the board because it's a clean board with very few problems. We all get along for the most part and when we do have the occasional debate because we don't agree on something, it's handled in a professional manner or taken to PM's. We respect each others' opinions and we know each other fairly well. If you don't like the way Steve runs his board or the way he allows us to moderate it, either start your own board and run it the way you see fit, or relax and enjoy it here as many of us do. But don't disrespect, it's just not called for.

GregS
11-13-2005, 02:05 PM
Well said lol :D

uncertaindrumer
11-13-2005, 03:00 PM
Here we go OFF TOPIC again.......

This is a Scott Stapp thread in a Scott Stapp forum section. You AB groupies go to the AB section and post your reviews of that p.o.s. album they put out. Do most of you have attention disorders? And, once again the moderators do/say nothing. Doesnt surprise me at all. At least tell everyone to get back on topic or post in the respective thread. Don't sit there and contribute to the "mess" yourselves. Damn. You know nothing about properly moderating a forum.

As for the SCOTT STAPP album, I do agree that the next cd he puts out should have more of his heavier side, w/ less ballads. But, Stapp writes/shapes songs according to what inspires him or how is feeling at the time. As we all know MOP was written at a much different time in his life than TGD, but I don't expect to get anything like MOP in the future. I've heard lots of semi-Creed fans say that they wished Stapp/Creed would have made all albums as good or (dark maybe) as MOP, but that wouldnt give us anything "new and refreshing". There was definitely a dark side to Human Clay, but some seem to miss that.

Just go away. No one wants you here. And you clearly don't liek the site, so just LEAVE, dangit.

Faceless_Man
11-13-2005, 03:14 PM
I'll leave when you pull your head out of your a$$. I was pointing out a simple fact. Do you not notice that almost every Stapp thread gets jacked by AB discussions? Not everyone here likes AB, ya know. This is a Stapp TGD album thread, so discuss that. Damn. Do I have to do the moderating from my newbie chair? No one else will.

Ana4Stapp
11-13-2005, 03:20 PM
Someone needs :chillpill

Steve
11-13-2005, 03:23 PM
I'll leave when you pull your head out of your a$$. I was pointing out a simple fact. Do you not notice that almost every Stapp thread gets jacked by AB discussions? Not everyone here likes AB, ya know. This is a Stapp TGD album thread, so discuss that. Damn. Do I have to do the moderating from my newbie chair? No one else will.

Well you had your warnings. Goodbye.

InMyOwnMisery
11-13-2005, 03:31 PM
Well you had your warnings. Goodbye.
Well, since he's gone,..I guess I'll have to take over the moderating from MY newbie chair!!

uncertaindrumer
11-13-2005, 03:33 PM
Well, since he's gone,..I guess I'll have to take over the moderating from MY newbie chair!!

You don't even know what moderating IS.

Ana4Stapp
11-13-2005, 03:39 PM

WHAT????? :eek:

Unbelievable how you new guys are extremely arrogant...are you going to do the same stupidity he did? :rolleyes:

InMyOwnMisery
11-13-2005, 03:48 PM
I pronounce myself "King Of The Moderators!!!!!"
First order of business,..OUT W/ FALTERBRIDGE.......from now on we will only talk Stapp.........kneel before your king!!!
:bow2: :bow2: :bow2: :bow2: :bow2: :bow2: :thankyou:

The Lithium
11-13-2005, 03:57 PM
First order of business,..OUT W/ FALTERBRIDGE.......from now on we will only talk Stapp.........kneel before your king!!!
That could've been funny, but you took it way too far man. You gotta know when you gotta stop. The first "King Of The Moderators" was pretty funny, but then you just went on about AB to piss everybody off. You saw what happened with Faceless_Man. If you like this board, don't make it happen to you too. I'm not a Mod and I'm not trying to warn you, or somethin'. I'm just telling you as a friend. Very many here LOVES AB, so if you're gonna bash them, it will only get you into trouble.

You're more then welcome to discuss their or Stapp's music with us, as long as you have opinons you can back up with facts, not just: "Stapp rocks and AB is trash". Or you could just look at it positive and say: "Stapp rocks". I'm not saying you're bashing AB in every thread you enter, 'cause I honestly don't have a clue if you do. But I'm just telling you you shouldn't, 'cause face it... You seem like the kind of person who could.

-Peace

RoffeDH
11-13-2005, 04:02 PM
He's trashed AB in every thread he's posted on that I've read... I say that Steve have been kind enough to him!

uncertaindrumer
11-13-2005, 04:04 PM
Like Dogstar said. He has 21 posts. Not one has been productive.

Ana4Stapp
11-13-2005, 04:18 PM

Hey, stop this: Steve IS the King here!!!!!!

uncertaindrumer
11-13-2005, 04:32 PM
Where IS Steve right now?

Ana4Stapp
11-13-2005, 04:50 PM
Well he is OFFLINE!!!!!!!

The Lithium
11-13-2005, 04:56 PM
Is it possible to get a user banned if enough people dislikes him/her?

uncertaindrumer
11-13-2005, 05:35 PM
Well he is OFFLINE!!!!!!!

I know. It was a rhetorical question... Just kind of like "Where is *insert something* when you need it..."

lol to Lith. I wish that were so...

TeriB19
11-13-2005, 06:50 PM
We've already got one King here, he's X, and he's king of the idiots. We tolerate him because he's been with us so long, he's like our sick little foster child.

Ana4Stapp
11-13-2005, 07:09 PM
I know. It was a rhetorical question... Just kind of like "Where is *insert something* when you need it..."

Lol Uncertain...Im not so dense! I got it... i was kidding- by the way, I was posting it when I received a PM...so it confused me ... :rolleyes:

Dogstar
11-13-2005, 09:09 PM
We've already got one King here, he's X, and he's king of the idiots. We tolerate him because he's been with us so long, he's like our sick little foster child.
Best
day!
:laugh:

InMyOwnMisery
11-13-2005, 09:21 PM
Best
day!
:laugh:

NO MAMMMM!!!! I have won that honor. :banana:

Bridge of Clay
11-14-2005, 12:07 AM
Well, it's about time I post my review on TGD but I didn't want it to write it before for 2 (fair) reasons:

- I had to listen to it all the way through in my car (best soundsystem I have)
- I didn't want the excitement of the new release to influence me. I'd rather calm down, coz I still was anxious for new music.

I'll begin track by track and then make an overall analysis. My intention is to do it with no bias but I also don't want to sound like Simon from American Idol! lol So here it is...

Reach Out => the album begins way better than I ever expected. This is one of the best songs of the album. It even has a guitar solo... definately the best guitar work. The lyrics are ok, I think the pre-chorus line "love again" doesn't make much sense though. Stapp's voice cracks during the song, though. I hope it's not the final cut.

Fight Song => another good guitar work, except for the pre-chorus that's really annoying. The screaming "I'll go another round" (third time) is uncalled for. The lyrics are ok.

The Hard Way => this is one of my favorites of the album. I like how he builds the song and the lyrics are pretty good, they are long and tell us a story instead of being random poetry. I like the bridge as well, the harmonies work good which I like and would like to see more of it. I can't wait to see a live video of it. A toast to "Stapp from the roots"!

Justify => another very well built song, I like the talking, very different. The analogy to Superman also shows a more "informal" Stapp, per say. Although it's the longest tracks, I'd like it to be a single - therefore, I hope Screw-Up doesn't screw it up when editing for radio. The music flows well and follows the Creed pattern: clean verses, dirty chorus - not that it's a bad thing.

Let Me Go => this is an attempt to make a new epic song on the vein of Faceless Man and WGMB but it's kinda poor to the others if you compare the lyrics. The melody doesn't help much either. It's the song you listen to, but doesn't pay much attention.

Surround Me => I think that's my favorite song off the album and one of the best (coz as you know, the best doesn't have to be necessarily your favorite). The lyrics are good, although all of those "Surround Me" after the 2nd verse are only good to make it stuck into your head - which is the key to make a major hit. And it's has a Matchbox feel to it that will please a broader range of people than the modern rock does lately.

The Great Divide => The first thing I said when I heard it for the first time, I said "shit, it's good!". The lyrics are good, specially for those who are Christian and start hesitating on faith sometimes. But the verse is just a rip-off from My Sacrifice and there's a lot of influence of Tremonti on it, except for the intro and the bridge. Probably something Wind-Up "suggested" to set a transition from Creed to solo Stapp. Again the harmonies sound very good, although "our love is beautiful" is a bit cheesy... being Stapp, I believe he could polish it a bit better. I don't know if it's due the fact it's the "oldest" song and I overplayed I find it a bit annoying now, but I'm skipping this song lately... nonetheless, it's a good song, but nothing exceptional.

Sublime => I like the intro of this song, sounds like a little train! lol! This is a very radio friendly song too, with some Creed-ish tone before the bridge. I also think of "The Beatles" when I hear it, don't ask me why coz I have no idea... maybe it's the second guitar. The lyrics are half good, half lacking something...

You Will Soar => mood wise, this song fits to Weathered, doesn't it? right after Stand Here With Me! There's a duet "Stapp feat. Stapp" on the verses that sounds good. It's ok. Very catchy song, I bet it'll make on a "favorite list" of a lot of people.

Broken => Very different song from his previous works. I like how the song "grows" over time, adding instruments from time to time. Piano & Strings are neat! This is a song that can he sang in any church, sounds like my churche's groups and I like it. Everybody should pay attention to its second verse coz it tells you the Truth. I like the choir as well. I hope it's a single and it'll be very interesting to see it live coz it'll be obviously changed since I don't think choirs and orchestras are going to be on stage... but that's just my assumption.

Goneblind => they're very competent and did their job. Props to the bassist and the drummer. The guitar lines aren't exceptional or breath taking, but they work good.

Scott Stapp => He has a much broader vocabulary than most of the artists out there nowadays. And he knows how to use them, which is a plus. I like he took some risks and bet on a different style in a couple songs, even though his voice still shows signs of deterioration when compared to MOP and Human Clay given all we know that happened to him. I'm curious on how he'll handle it live. You'll see me criticizing this here and on other boards and I still think he should take some vocal training. I'm not saying this coz I don't like the guy, but he must learn how to spare his voice and control his range for his own sake otherwise he'll have to lipsynche (sp?) in the future in the worst scenario... Being pissed also helped him to write the anger songs, it's funny how it's easier to express your feelings when you're angry than when you're happy. The albums has ups and downs on the lyrics, but I still think he can do better if he puts more effort when he's inspired. (no, I'm not saying he's lazy but he did better lyrics back in MOP and HC)

Overall => well, I consider rating very subjective and unfair since my criteria is different from person a, who has different criterias from person b, and so on. So it's hard to put a grade on it and I won't. If you asked me if it's worth buying the album or not, I'll say "yeah, go ahead and get it". If the album was stolen or lost, would I get another one? Probably so, since I'm a Creed fan but I'm not sure if the average and casual listener would instead of downloading it.

So that's it! And that's my opinion, I don't expect you to agree or disagree, I just hope you respect it as I'll respect yours. And when you post on what disagree, do it based on reasoning instead of passion and it'll be ok! :)

PS: Feedback on my review and writing is welcomed!

uncertaindrumer
11-14-2005, 08:24 AM
Don't mind any of it except the props to the drummer... what on Earth did he do... lol

Bridge of Clay
11-14-2005, 09:56 AM
Don't mind any of it except the props to the drummer... what on Earth did he do... lol
well, everybody thinks he's good on PBF... he does nothing special, but it sounds good. I know shit about drums to be honest...

titan9
11-14-2005, 10:52 AM
well, everybody thinks he's good on PBF... he does nothing special, but it sounds good. I know shit about drums to be honest...

Haha, I saw that. I'm a non-posting member of PBF; I don't post because I don't feel comfortable there(something about the 10,000+ pictures of Stapp everywhere I look..). Anyway, I think he's a competent drummer, although, like you, I don't know much about drums.

Ana4Stapp
11-14-2005, 10:58 AM
Haha, I saw that. I'm a non-posting member of PBF; I don't post because I don't feel comfortable there(something about the 10,000+ pictures of Stapp everywhere I look..). .

Funny, cuz its the same here...not exactly because of the pics :D , but gals there are so crazy about Stapp that theres no discussion...lol

Ana4Stapp
11-14-2005, 11:21 AM
Some points:

Reach Out => the album begins way better than I ever expected. This is one of the best songs of the album. It even has a guitar solo... definately the best guitar work.. .

Agreed.
Fight Song => another good guitar work, except for the pre-chorus that's really annoying. The screaming "I'll go another round" (third time) is uncalled for. The lyrics are ok.

Really? I love that song: music and lyrics.Very good one.

Let Me Go => this is an attempt to make a new epic song on the vein of Faceless Man and WGMB but it's kinda poor to the others if you compare the lyrics. The melody doesn't help much either. It's the song you listen to, but doesn't pay much attention.

No doubt: the weakest song on album.Dispensable imo.

Surround Me => I think that's my favorite song off the album and one of the best (coz as you know, the best doesn't have to be necessarily your favorite). The lyrics are good, although all of those "Surround Me" after the 2nd verse are only good to make it stuck into your head - which is the key to make a major hit. And it's has a Matchbox feel to it that will please a broader range of people than the modern rock does lately

Actually every time i listened to SM I think I like it more and more. Certainly a second single.

Justify => another very well built song, I like the talking, very different. The analogy to Superman also shows a more "informal" Stapp, per say. Although it's the longest tracks, I'd like it to be a single - therefore, I hope Screw-Up doesn't screw it up when editing for radio. The music flows well and follows the Creed pattern: clean verses, dirty chorus - not that it's a bad thing.

The best of all.

The Great Divide => ... I don't know if it's due the fact it's the "oldest" song and I overplayed I find it a bit annoying now, but I'm skipping this song lately...

I always skip that song...lol - Seriously, he can do better songs than that.

Finally one question Marcos: do you think The Great Divide is going to be released here in November 22 too? :confused:

titan9
11-14-2005, 11:39 AM
Funny, cuz its the same here...not exactly because of the pics :D , but gals there are so crazy about Stapp that theres no discussion...lol

I think the thing that bugs me the most is the excessive use of Stapp smilies. I can tolerate that pic at the top, but all of those smilies in almost EVERY post.....it just makes it unbareable. :laugh: But PBF is a great fan site and you get more info on Stapp there than any other place, so I'll definitely at least visit the site every now and then. But presently, I cannot see myself posting....for the reason you gave above, and because of all the smilies. :D

Ana4Stapp
11-14-2005, 12:11 PM
I think the thing that bugs me the most is the excessive use of Stapp smilies. I can tolerate that pic at the top, but all of those smilies in almost EVERY post.....it just makes it unbareable. :laugh: But PBF is a great fan site and you get more info on Stapp there than any other place, so I'll definitely at least visit the site every now and then. But presently, I cannot see myself posting....for the reason you gave above, and because of all the smilies. :D

Yeah, PBF its a great site, you find everthing about Stapp there- almost a official site--but I CANT post there...(how could I say I didnt like the Great Divide song ?-lol)- theres no discussion and I'd certainly miss some people from here... if you get me:rolleyes:

titan9
11-14-2005, 12:15 PM
Same here. This is the only Creed/Stapp/AB related site that I actually feel comfortable at. I have memberships at PBF and ABB.net, but I just don't feel as at home there as I do here. I think that's a testament to the great forums found here.

Ana4Stapp
11-14-2005, 12:19 PM
Same here. This is the only Creed/Stapp/AB related site that I actually feel comfortable at. I have memberships at PBF and ABB.net, but I just don't feel as at home there as I do here. I think that's a testament to the great forums found here.

Exactly! ;)

Hey Titan, we agree on everything lately...lol :D

Creed7352
11-14-2005, 01:02 PM

:(

titan9
11-14-2005, 01:17 PM
Actually, I haven't really given ABB.net as much of a chance as I gave PBF. But if it's all anti-Stapp all the time, I don't think I will be that comfortable there, being the equal fan of both AB and Stapp that I am. That's another of my complaints about PBF: they're wayyyyyy too negative toward AB most of the time. I'll give ABB.net a real chance to win me over, though, but for now, I am most comfortable here. :D

The Lithium
11-14-2005, 01:32 PM
I'm not a member of PBF anymore. I left when everybody started to hate me because my love for Alter Bridge! :D

I am a member of ABB.net, and I think it's a great board. But I tend to read more than I post, over there. It's problably the best AB board, 'cause you'll find EVERYTHING Alter Bridge over there, but I HATE ezBoard. And I agree... CreedFeed is my home! (Such as ABR.com was when it was up).

GregS
11-14-2005, 01:38 PM
Ye ive been on ABB.net a couple of times , its good for all the news first etc i guess but ive always liked Creedfeed & ABR ( when it was up and running ) better. Like afew people have said , feels more like a home and i havent even been coming here too long :D

Bridge of Clay
11-14-2005, 01:54 PM
Ana, I heard February for TGD here :(

Ana4Stapp
11-14-2005, 02:10 PM
Ana, I heard February for TGD here :(

February??? :eek: I dont believe it, cuz all the cds - Foo Fighters, Audioslave, every stuff that I bought lately was released at the same time...well I guess

Dogstar
11-14-2005, 02:10 PM
I finally joined ABB.net and I have to say they do a great job over there, too. It takes a while to get to know everybody and feel comfortable at boards. The Feed was my first and will always be my favorite :D. This place is/was unlike a lot of other boards I checked out at the time when I first started doing the online thing three years ago. It is/was civil and full of people who had interesting things to say. Steve is the best!

titan9
11-14-2005, 02:31 PM
February??? :eek: I dont believe it, cuz all the cds - Foo Fighters, Audioslave, every stuff that I bought lately was released at the same time...well I guess

Blame it on Wind-up. It seems that they can't do anything right....including releasing albums outside of the United States in a decent amount of time. It's a lot to make fans from other countries wait that long for a new album.

Creed7352
11-14-2005, 02:43 PM
gotcha titan...you might see a bit of the stapp hating lately cause his new album leaked and all, but it's kept to a minimal amount of threads...and it's usually the same people..lol. and lithium, we're not on ezboard anymore!!!! we wisened up! :lol

Steve
11-14-2005, 02:49 PM
An offtopic note for those who were registered over at ABR.com -> I am working on putting the photo gallery back up here - it will be the same exact one from ABR.