Daily Bread [Archive] - Page 7 - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Daily Bread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

HeavenBesideYou
01-11-2007, 06:00 AM
January 11th

"Petition for Mercy."

A plea to God for mercy presumes that the petitioner is guilty. It is the cry of someone brought low, dishonored, and in need of forgiveness. When God shows mercy, he isn't forgiving that person because of what he or she has done, but because God is compassionate to those who repent of their sins and ask for forgiveness. It is only because of God's goodness that sinners are forgiven. Asaph understood that it wasn't his worthiness but the Lord's greatness that prompted the Lord to rescue him. In light of this truth, Asaph dedicated this prayer to praising God for being so merciful.

Oh, do not hold us guilty for our former sins! Let your tenderhearted mercies quickly meet our needs, for we are brought low to the dust. Help us, O God of our salvation! Help us for the honor of your name. Oh, save us and forgive our sins for the sake of your name... Then we your people, the sheep of your pasture, will thank you forever and ever, praising your greatness from generation to generation.

Psalm 79:8-9,13

Heaven

:pimp:

HeavensOnFire
01-11-2007, 10:00 PM
As it is written for thy SAKE, we are killed all the day long, our sufferments and trials brings us upon low and are acounted as as sheep for the slaughter, AGAIN ACOUNTED AS SHEEP FOR THE SLAUGHTER, NAY IN ALL THESE THINGSSSSSSS WE ARE MORE THAN CONQUERORS, THROUGH HIM THAT LOVED US, And Despised these things, FOR I,AM PERSUADED THAT NEITHER DEATH NOR LIFE NOR ANGELS NOR PRINCEIPALITIES NOR POWERS NOR THINGS PRESENT NOR THINGS TO COME NOR HEIGHT NOR DEPTH NOR ANY OTHER CREATURE SHALL BE ABLE TO SEPARATE US FROM THE LOVE OF GOD WHICH IS IN CHRIST JESUS OUR LORD, Romans 8,32 39,

HeavenBesideYou
01-12-2007, 06:16 AM
January 12th

"One."

One. Basic, simple, and easy to understand. When we become Christians through faith and baptism into Christ, we are made one with all other Christians around the world. Race, gender, and social status are gone. All that's left is One, the One, Jesus. Our lives are his and thus are connected to each other. Our destination is the same, heaven. Our family is the church. No barriers. No closed doors. We are one.

You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Galatians 3:26-29

We may rise and fall, but in the end we meet our fate together.

~Creed

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
01-13-2007, 09:09 AM
January 13th

"Waiting expectantly..."

Abraham Lincoln once said, "I would be the greatest fool on earth if I did not realize that I could never satisfy the demands of the high office without the help of One who is greater and stronger than I am."

David realized this truth too. Although he was a powerful king, he daily acknowledged his dependence on someone far greater and stronger than he was. Not only did David begin each day depending on the Lord, but he waited expectantly throughout the day to see how God would work on his behalf. When you live each day looking upward, God often sends delightful surprises.

When we don't pray, we quit the fight.
Prayer keeps the Christian's armor bright.
And Satan trembles when he sees
The weakest saint upon his knees.
~WILLIAM COWPER

O Lord, hear me as I pray; pay attention to my groaning... Listen to my voice in the morning, Lord. Each morning I bring my requests to you and wait expectantly.

Psalm 5:1-3

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
01-14-2007, 09:07 AM
January 14th

"Love!"

The word can mean anything. Many in the Christian community have tried to define it by a dictionary or lexicon, not realizing the key word for love, agape, is defined by action. Before Christians got a hold of agape, it meant the same thing our word today does: just about anything! But if you read 1 John, you see what love is by what God does. God demonstrates his love. He asks us to do the same for our brothers and sisters. Love must be more than talk, it must be genuinely demonstrated in action!

If anyone says, "I love God," yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen. And he has given us this command: Whoever loves God must also love his brother.

1 John 4:20-21

All you need is love.

~Lennon

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
01-15-2007, 05:56 AM
January 15th

"God's formula for restoration."

When others wrong us, we cry out for justice. When we wrong God, we cry out for mercy. Fortunately, God is merciful. But if we don't accept his merciful gift of salvation, we are subject to God's justice, the punishment of eternal death and separation from God. Until God sets up his eternal kingdom, where perfect justice prevails, justice will continue to be needed here on earth... Both God's justice to urge us toward his kingdom, and law and order to keep anarchy from ruling. But we would do well to learn some lessons about God's mercy as we mete out justice. While justice provides law and order, mercy provides hope and forgiveness.

O Lord, do not rebuke me in your anger or discipline me in your rage.
Have compassion on me, Lord, for I am weak. Heal me, Lord, for my body is in agony.
I am sick at heart. How long, O Lord, until you restore me?

Psalm 6:1-3

"You have heard that the Law of Moses says, 'Love your neighbor' and hate your enemy. But I say, love your enemies! Pray for those who persecute you! In that way, you will be acting like true children of your Father in heaven."

Matthew 5:43-45

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
01-16-2007, 05:35 AM
January 16th

"Glass houses."

How often do we see the evil around us and pray for God's justice? We wonder, Why does God allow this evil to go on! This kind of thinking leads to two of the most common double standards: (1) judging others more harshly than we judge ourselves, and (2) believing God should judge others but remain lenient with us.

The Lord despises double standards because they elevate one person at the expense of others. These man-made standards also lack the mercy of God.

In our cry for fairness, we should not forget the frightening consequences of justice. As sinners, God could justly destroy each of us today for missing the mark of perfection. When we remember that God's patience and mercy block his judgment towards us, we will more likely show others patience and mercy.

The Lord despises double standards of every kind.

Proverbs 20:10

Never pay back evil to anyone. Do things in such a way that everyone can see you are honorable. Do your part to live in peace with everyone, as much as possible. Dear friends, never avenge yourselves. Leave that to God. For it is written, "I will take vengeance; I will repay those who deserve it," says the Lord.

Romans 12:17-19

Don't say, "I will get even for this wrong." Wait for the Lord to handle the matter.

Proverbs 20:22

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
01-17-2007, 05:54 AM
January 17th

"The stars we are!"

Stars. They've always been a source of constant hope for God's people. "Your descendants will be like the stars," God told Abraham. "When I see the stars, what is man that you are mindful of him?" the Psalms ask. The Wisemen from the East followed a star to Jesus. Luke reminds us that Jesus was a bright star come to us from heaven to shine God's light to those in darkness. And now, we're stars. God's points of light in the dark sky of the universe. So let's make today a day where our light shines God's glory to a dark world around us.

Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe as you hold out the word of life.

Philippians 2:14-16

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
01-18-2007, 06:13 AM
January 18th

"A complaint concerning injustice from my 12 year old..."

Why is it that those who get ahead always seem to be the ones who lie, cheat, and steal? They not only get away with their evil deeds, but their actions are admired and paraded around the world.

~I will ask him to pray; Dear Lord, thank you for watching over me as those around me plot evil…

~And discuss this with him this evening; Daydreaming about wicked people getting their just desserts may bring a smile to your face, but thinking about revenge isn't healthy for your soul. Instead, we should commit the wicked and the evil they do to God in prayer. We can't stop others from speaking lies or taking advantage of us, but we can and should cry out to the Lord who watches over his people. God knows the truth about all people, and he hears and responds to the cry of his people. This truth can give us peace amidst all the evil of those around us.

Help, O Lord, for the godly are fast disappearing! The faithful have vanished from the earth!
Neighbors lie to each other, speaking with flattering lips and insincere hearts.
May the Lord bring their flattery to an end and silence their proud tongues…
Lord, we know you will protect the oppressed, preserving them forever from this lying generation, even though the wicked strut about, and even is praised throughout the land.

Psalm 12:1-3, 7-8

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
01-19-2007, 06:07 AM
January 19th

"The Golden Rule"

Golden because it's genuine, lasting, and valuable. Imagine how different our world would be if we practiced this principle, not just in our "church life" but in our daily life with our family, with our coworkers and employer, with the people we manage, with the folks on the freeway and in the neighborhoods where we drive, toward the waiters and waitresses who serve us. What a wonderfully different world it would be if the Golden Rule were to be practiced.

In everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the prophets.

Matthew 7:12

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
01-20-2007, 05:58 AM
January 20th

"Hey Ref!!! Are you blind?"

In football, referees tell you whether a catch was made in bounds or not. In tennis, linesmen render instant judgment calls on whether a ball landed in or out. In baseball, umpires signal fair or foul. But in life if often seems as though the game isn't being played fairly and that no one is around to call foul. Flagrant violations of the rules go unnoticed, and so many people are playing out-of-bounds and getting away with it.

Sometimes we do see the harmful effects of playing out-of-bounds ( see Psalm 7:15 or Numbers 32:23 ). But other times the Lord's ruling extends farther than our mortal eye can see. Paul told the Athenians that God "has set a day for judging the world with justice" ( Acts 17:31 ), so we can trust that he will one day set everything right, although we may not see his ruling in our lifetime.

Let us thank God that he is the just Judge over all the earth.

God is a judge who is perfectly fair.

Psalm 7:11

Don't say, "I will get even for this wrong." Wait for the Lord to handle the matter.

Proverbs 20:22

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
01-21-2007, 09:29 AM
January 21st

"The joy of obedience."

We all live in a web of relationships dependent upon obedience to authority. Like a loving parent, God sets standards for our good and to protect us from evil and harm. God desires obedience motivated not by fear buy by love and trust. Ironically, obedience actually frees us up to enjoy life as God intended, because it keeps us from becoming entangled or enslaved to those things that distract us and cause us heartache. Even though God's command is sometimes difficult, or doesn't make sense from our human perspective, obedience will always bring blessing, joy, and peace.

No good thing will the Lord withhold from those who do what it right. O Lord Almighty, happy are those who trust in you.

Psalm 84:11-12

This is what I told them: "Obey me, and I will be your God, and you will be my people. Only do as I say, and all will be well!"

Jeremiah 7:23

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
01-22-2007, 07:29 AM
January 22nd

"Trust in The Lord."

It is frightening to listen to the decrees made by some of our world leaders. They hold the lives of so many people in their hands, and all too often they seem bent on destruction, not only of themselves, but of as many people as they can take with them. Were it true that they really had the ultimate power, there would be no reason for hope.

We know better, however. The only true power in this world is the power of God, and our fate will not be decided by men and women, but by God. We are created for eternity, and so we do not need to fear the decisions made by corrupt human beings in this age. Our trust is in the Lord of all creation, and in Him there is never reason to fear or doubt.

Arise, O Lord; let not man prevail: let the heathen be judged in thy sight. Put them in fear, O Lord: that the nations may know themselves to be but men.

Psalm 9:19,20

Heaven

HeavensOnFire
01-23-2007, 02:06 AM
David, IN WHOM SHALL WE FEAR, FOR THE LORD MY GOD IS MY STRENETH MY SHELTER MY ARMOUR AND MY REFUGE, I SHALL NOT FEAR WHAT CAN DO UNTO ME, FOR MY GOD IS WITH ME AND WITH HIS PEOPLE, AMEN, FOR It Is Better To Fear HE THAT IS ABLE TO CAST BOTH BODY AND SOUL IN TO HELL, AMEN, LETS GIVE THE LORD SOMEV PRAISE, TESTIFIY AMEN, Someone once Asked Me, when i was speaking with theme of matters of reward, FOR THE LORD THY GOD GIVETH LIFE, HE GIVETH TO THE POOR HE GIVETH TO THE ORPHANS, JUST AS THE SAME HES GIVES LIFE TO EVERY LIVING THING UNDER THE SUN, GOD IS NOT THE REWARDER OF EARTHLY TREASURES HE IS NOT THE GOLD DIGGER OF YOUR WALLET AND STATUS, HE SHALL SUPPLY OUR NEEDS, BY HIS GIVING WILL, BUT WHEN I AWAKE, I WANNA KNOW THAT HIS WILL IS BESIDE ME, THAT MY GOD IS NOT FAR FROM ME, AND ONE OF THE REMINDERS, OF HIS PROMISE, IS THE AIR I BREATHE, GLORY TO GOD, GLORY TO HIS PRECIOUS REWARD THAT WAS GIVEN TO US FREELY HAAAAAAAAAAAAA WITH OUT WORRY WITHOUT STRIVE WITH OUT WORKS, IS THAT I SHALL NEVER LEAVE THEE NOR SHALL I FORSAKE THEE FOR MY PROMISE IS WITH YOU, :bounce: :bounce: GLORYYYYYYYYYYY MAY The Lord Feel Brother Davids Life, For Being So Faithfull Of Sharing The Precious Word With Us Daily, Faithfull Is The Word, And i know how hard it is :D brother to deliver daily AMEN AND AMEN, KAZILLON BLESSINGS, AND MAY THE PEACE OF GOD BE WITH YOU,

HeavenBesideYou
01-23-2007, 07:32 AM
January 23rd

"Making time for Him."

A successful corporate leader once said, "It's not that I don't believe in God, it's just that I don't have time for Him. If I did all the things that God wanted me to do, I'd never have time left for business." What a telling statement! Being a Christian means so much more than just believing in the existence of Christ. Many people believe in Christ, but they consciously remove Him from their hearts and minds. They don't have time for Him. Too many people see life in Christ as slavery rather than freedom. They feel oppressed by the only true liberator that exists.

To understand Christ, we must spend time with Him. As Christian people, we need to keep God close by us. We need to read His Word, dwell upon Him in our hearts, and speak of Him wherever and whenever possible. Keep the Lord close by you, and you will never feel alone.

The wicked, through the pride of his countenance, will not seek after God: God is not in all his thoughts.

Psalm 10:4

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
01-24-2007, 07:28 AM
January 24th

"Real obedience."

Someone has said that the road to destruction is paved with good intentions. In this parable, Jesus is showing us that our actions prove our obedience or disobedience. Even though the one son had no intention of obeying, the fact that he obeyed in the end made him the obedient son. The other son said the right thing but didn't follow through, and he was therefore disobedient. We are reminded that our professions of faith are only as valid as the actions that follow them. Which brother in this story illustrates your walk with Christ?

"But what do you think about this? A man with two sons told the older boy, 'Son, go out and work in the vineyard today.' The son answered, 'No, I won't go,' but later he changed his mind and went anyway. Then the father told the other son, 'You go,' and he said, 'Yes, sir, I will.' But he didn't go. Which of the two was obeying his father?"

They replied, "The first of course."

Then Jesus explained the meaning "I assure you, corrupt tax collectors and prostitutes will get into the Kingdom of God before you do. For John the Baptist came and showed you the way to life, and you didn't believe him, while tax collectors and prostitutes did. And even when you saw this happening, you refused to turn from your sins and believe him."

Matthew 21:28-32

Obedience is the key to all doors; feelings come (or don't come) and go as God pleases. We can't produce them at will, and mustn't try.

~C S Lewis

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
01-25-2007, 07:30 AM
January 25th

"The way, the truth, and the life."

We are overexposed to choices. Every day someone will try to tell us that we need one more thing in order to make our lives complete. Ads tells us that we should be dissatisfied with what we have, that we need something different. The truth is, when we find what works, or what is right, or what we like, no one should be able to tell us that we're wrong. Jesus Christ is the way, the truth, and the life, and no one and nothing can ever take His place. There's no reason to try anything else.

In the Lord I take refuge.
How then can you say to me:
"Flee like a bird to your mountain".

Psalm 11:1

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
01-26-2007, 07:05 AM
January 26th

"Humble yourselves."

That sounds obscene. At least to the culture of self-promotion and "get ahead at all cost" and "don't look back, the competition is gaining on you" it sounds obscene. Humility is a forgotten virtue. Often confused with weakness or timidity, humility is about knowing our proper place in the world without flaunting it. Only God can exalt in a permanent way, so the key is to know our place before him and let him put us in the place he chooses to honor him.

Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.

James 4:10

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
01-27-2007, 07:38 AM
January 27th

"An expression of trust."

Parents set up rules for their children: Clean up your room, don't go anywhere with a stranger; be home by 11 p.m. The purpose, of course, is for the children's benefit and protection; loving parents are not trying to make their children miserable by given them rules to follow. And parents hope that their children will understand rules as expressions of love and concern; they hope their children's obedience will be motivated more by love than by fear of punishment. Our obedience to Christ should likewise be an expression of our trust in his care for us.

If you love me, obey my commandments. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor, who will never leave you... Those who obey my commandments are the ones who love them. And because they love me, my Father will love them, and I will love them. And I will reveal myself to each one of them.

Matthew 21:28-32

Heaven

HeavensOnFire
01-27-2007, 05:21 PM
AMEN AND AMEN, THE WORD OF GOD, And Parenting Sometimes Goes Hand Hand, And Bringing A child Up in the ways Of The Lord, is a struggle by itself, but one should feel secure that if we teach a child in the way he or she should go, IT SHALL INDEED NEVER PART FROM THEME,

HeavensOnFire
01-27-2007, 05:42 PM
Shall Indeed make one whole, TO MUCH OF A GOOD THING, IS A Good THING AMEN AND AMEN, IT INDEED NEEDS NOTHING ADDED NOR TAKEN AWAY, AMEN AND AMEN, Of what we are now witness of in todays socitiy from Davicin Codes To Omega Codes, and a world leading the word unto utter confusion, WE PROTECT OURSELFS THROUGH HIS REFUGE WHICH IS THE WHOLE ARMOUR GOD, WE NEED THE WHOLE ARMOUR OF GOD, WHEN WE HOLD THE WORD WE HOLD HIM, AMEN, Finally my brethren BE STRONG IN THE LORD, AND IN THE POWER OF HIS MIGHT, PUT ON THE WHOLE ARMOUR OF GOD WHICH IS HIS TRUTH, THAT YE MAY BE ABLE TO STAND THATS TO STAND, THATS TO STAND, !!!!! Against The The Wiles Of The Destoyer For We Wrestle Not Against Flesh And Blood BUT AGAINST SPIRTUAL DARTS WEAPONS AND BULLETS, Against TheRulers Of Darkness, OF THIS WORLD, Wherfore TAKE ON THE WHOLE ARMOUR OF GOD, THAT YE WILL BE ABLE TO WITHSTAND, IN THE DAYS OF WICKED TRYING TO OVERCOME US, STANDING THERFORE HAVING YOUR LOINS GIRT ABOUT WITH TRUTH AND HAVING ON THE BREASTPLATE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS AND YOUR FEET SHOD WITH PREPARATION OF THE GOSPEL OF PEACE ABOVE ALL TAKING THE SHIELD OF FAITH WHEREWITH YE SHALL BE ABLE TO QUNICH ALL THE FIERY DARTS OF THE WICKED AND TAKE THE HELMET OF SALVATION AND THE SWORD OF THE SPIRT WHICH IS THE WORD OF GOD PRAYING ALWAYSSSSSSSSSSSS WITH PRAYERS AND SUPPLICATIONS IN THE SPIRT AND WHATCHING THEREUNTO WITH :) ALL PRESEVERANCE , AND ALL REMEMBERANCE OF MEDITATIONS AND SUPLICATIONS FOR ALL SAINTS, EPH, 6, 1, 17

HeavenBesideYou
01-28-2007, 08:57 AM
January 28th

"Digging deeper."

Elijah experienced the depths of fatigue and discouragement just after his two great spiritual victories: the defeat of the prophets of Baal and the answered prayer for rain. To lead him out of depression, God first let Elijah rest and eat. Then God confronted him with the need to return to his mission in life, to be God's prophet. Elijah's battles were not over; there was still work for him to do.

Often discouragement sets in after great spiritual experiences, especially those that produce a high level of emotional excitement or that require a lot from us physically. When you feel let down after a spiritual "high," do what is necessary to restore your inner resources. And remember that God still has a purpose and plan for you.

Elijah was afraid and fled for his life... Then he went alone into the desert... He sat down under a solitary broom tree and prayed that he might die.

1 Kings 19:3-4

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
01-29-2007, 06:11 AM
January 29th

"Last?"

Nobody likes to be last. We have a hard enough time settling for second place, much less last place. Jesus reverses the rank. The person who is most important to him is not the person seeking the status and notoriety. The most important person is like Jesus himself: willing to give up rank and status and importance to serve. For Jesus, last means first in service and first in the eyes of God.

Sitting down, Jesus called the twelve and said, "If anyone wants to be first, he must be the very last, and the servant of all."

Mark 9:35

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
01-30-2007, 06:24 AM
January 30th

"Spiritual warfare."

How often do you forget that we are in a spiritual war? Our enemy is deceptively cunning - take away the immediacy of a threat and the danger appears gone. But he's there, always. But rather than try to guess his plans and counter all of his moves, Paul reminds us to simply take up the tools God has given us and stand up to the evil one.

Our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

Ephesians 6:12-13

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
01-31-2007, 06:02 AM
January 31st

"Hope fades?"

David's prayer recorded in this psalm essentially amounts to a simple, "Save me, I'm sinking." It's the cry of a desperate man who can't even think of helping himself. But at least David knew whom he needed to ask for help. Although he was exhausted from crying to the Lord in prayer, he kept on shouting to his God, the only one who could save him.

When waves of adversity threaten to drown you in despair, pray to God. Remember David's persistence, and keep on asking God for help...

Save me, O God, for the floodwaters are up to my neck.
Deeper and deeper I sink into the mire; I can't find a foothold to stand on.
I am in deep water, and the floods overwhelm me.
I am exhausted from crying for help; my throat is parched and dry.
My eyes are swollen with weeping, waiting for my God to help me…
But I keep right on praying to you, Lord, hoping this is the time you will show me favor.

Psalm 69:1-3, 13

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
02-01-2007, 06:24 AM
February 1st

"What, me worry?"

Dare we suggest by our worry that some catastrophe may slip by without His notice? No, "tragedies" befell Joseph, Moses, David, Jesus, Paul, and others, and God ordained them all for good. All of these surely could have worried, examining their circumstances while going through them. But looking back, we see God's perfect plan unfolding. Therefore Jesus urges, even commands: Do not worry.

So I tell you, don't worry about everyday life, whether you have enough food, drink, and clothes.

Matthew 6:25

Give your burdens to the Lord, and he will take care of you. He will not permit the godly to slip and fall.

Psalm 55:22

Anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strength.

Charles Spurgeon

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
02-02-2007, 06:20 AM
February 2nd

"God is real, and no one can convince me otherwise."

Arguments against the existence of God can sound good, but they amount to nothing more than opinion in the face of fact. We walk by faith, not by sight. God is looking for faith-walkers. If we will follow what we know to be true with our hearts, instead of what we can be convinced of in our minds, then God will lead us and sustain us in all that we do.

The Lord looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God.

Psalm 14:2

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
02-03-2007, 08:44 AM
February 3rd

"Cookie Cutters."

Do the people who abuse and oppress others really think there is no penalty to pay for what they do? It seems that way. Workers of iniquity who pride themselves on their brilliance and accomplishment are in fact some of the most ignorant people alive. Those who do not know the Lord, do not know much of anything. True knowledge and wisdom comes through love and respect of those around us and the one who died to make our salvation possible: Jesus Christ.

Have all the workers of iniquity no knowledge? Who eat up my people as they eat bread, and call not upon the Lord.

Psalm 14:4

Heaven

HeavensOnFire
02-03-2007, 11:32 PM
AMEN AND AMEN, AND AMEN, the precious word, PSALM 89, 48 , 49 What Man Is He That Lives And Shall Not See Death Shall He Deliver His Soul From The Hand Of The Grave? Oh GOD Of Selah...Lord Where Are Thy Former Lovingkindness Which Thou Sware Unto David IN THY TRUTH...........PSALM 119, 65 ,71, Thou hast dealt well with thy serveant O Lord Acording to thy word teach me good judgement and knowlege for i have believed thy commandments...before i was afflicted i went astray OH BUT NOWV HAVE I KEPT THY WORD, OH GOD. Thou Art Good And Doest Good Teach Me Thy Statues The Proud Have Forged A Lie Against Me BUT I WILL KEEP THY PRECEPTS WITH MY WHOLE HEART, Their Heart Isd Fast As Grease BUT I DELIGHT IN THY LAW, ...it is good for me that i have...been afflicted...that i might learn thy..statues...the law of thy mouth is better unto me than THOUSANDS OF GOLD AND SILVER,

HeavensOnFire
02-03-2007, 11:45 PM
GLORY TO GOD, THE BEAUTY THAT FLOWS FROM THE LIVING GOD, I WILL LIFT UP MINE EYES UNTO THE HILLS FROM THE VALLEY GLORY TO GOD, BUT OH HOW THE FIRE BURNS IN THE VALLEY, AMEN BURNS US THROUGH AND REMINDS OF WHAT VALLEYS ARE FOR, AMEN, MY HELP COMETH FROM THE LORD WHICH MADE THE HEAVENS AND THE EARTH :bounce: :bounce: HE WILL NOT SUFFER THY FOOT TO BE MOVED, EVEN IN THE VALLEY AMEN EVEN IN THE DARK, i,ve been through so much OH LORD, I Know THAT THOU ARE WITH ME, AMEN, AND TO YOU ALONE BELONGS THE GLORY HE THAT KEEPS ME WILL NOT SLUMBER, NOR SLEEP THE LORD IS THY KEEPER THE LORD IS THY SHADE UPON THY RIGHT HAND THE SUN SHALL NOT SMITE THEE BY DAY HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, GLORY TO GOD ,NOR BY THE MOON BY NIGHT THE LORD SHALL PRESERVE THEE FROM ALL EVIL HE SHALL PRESERVE THY SOUL, Psalm 121 1,7

HeavenBesideYou
02-04-2007, 08:32 AM
January 4th

"Forgiveness"

Since forgiveness is an expression of love, a person whose life has an endless supply of love should be demonstrating an endless supply of forgiveness. We can experience unlimited love in our relationship with God. It is this resource that makes it possible for us to forgive others again and again. First, we recognize that God forgives us time and time again. Second, we want to express God's love in a world that needs desperately to witness it.

Come back to me, and I will heal your wayward hearts.

1 Kings 19:3-4

Even if he wrongs you seven times a day and each time turns again and asks forgiveness, forgive him.

Luke 17:4

It is far better to forgive and forget than to hate and remember.

~Unknown

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
02-05-2007, 06:12 AM
February 5th

"God is faithful."

We can trust his promises to be kept and his purposes to be good. How do we know? The sunrise each morning is a reminder that the Father of heaven and earth is at work keeping his universe in working order. If it is true in nature, it is true in the spiritual realm as well. Greet each sunrise as a reminder of God's faithfulness.

The word of the Lord is right and true; he is faithful in all he does. The Lord loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of his unfailing love.

Psalm 33:4-5

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
02-06-2007, 06:07 AM
February 6th

"Eternal pursuit."

The pursuit of God is one of the few life choices we can make that has no strings attached. We give very little, and receive so much. Money, fame, power, prestige all sound nice, but they require more effort than they are worth. Worse, they pay temporary benefits that fade away, leaving us empty, lost, and alone.

Pursue God, and you will find that He will bless you continually!

Their sorrows shall be multiplied that hasten after another god: their drink offerings of blood will I not offer, nor take up their names into my lips.

Psalm 16:4

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
02-07-2007, 06:06 AM
February 7th

"Thought, deed, and word."

Hard bread to swallow, but we are all called to be Christian in thought, deed, and word. If the love of God truly dwells in our hearts, then we should show it by the way we treat and talk about others. What we say matters a great deal, and God will judge us on our words and feelings, as well as on our actions.

He that backbiteth not with his tongue, nor doeth evil to his neighbour, nor taketh up a reproach against his neighbour.

Psalm 15:3

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
02-08-2007, 06:02 AM
February 8th

"I can't stress this enough..."

We often talk about the privileges of being a child of God... Forgiveness, salvation, a future in heaven with Him, the gift of the Holy Spirit, and ultimate victory when Christ comes. One of the greatest privileges we get, however, is the opportunity to act toward those who dislike and hate us in a way that reflects the character of God himself. Anyone can return hate for hate, but it takes a child of God to return a blessing and a prayer for their enemies.

[Jesus said,] "You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven."

Matthew 5:43-45

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
02-09-2007, 06:06 AM
February 9th

"Amazing!"

The gift of forgiveness is often best appreciated by those who need it the most. The Reverend John Newton experienced this truth firsthand. His tombstone tells the story: "John Newton, clerk, once an infidel and Libertine, a servant of slavers in Africa, was, by the rich mercy of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, preserved, restored, pardoned, and appointed to preach the faith he had so long labored to destroy." These words were written by Newton himself, a testimony to God's transforming power. After years as a hardened slave trader, that "wretch" met Jesus Christ and abruptly turned to defend the gospel he had so long despised.

Throughout Newton's years of ministry, God's amazing grace remained central to Newton's thinking. When it was suggested he retire (at age eighty-two!) due to poor health and a failing memory, he responded, "My memory is nearly gone, but I remember two things: that I am a great sinner, and that Christ is a great Savior!"

For God is so rich in mercy, and he loved us so very much, that even while we were dead because of our sins, he gave us life when he raised Christ from the dead.

Ephesians 2:4

Amazing grace! how sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me!
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind but now I see.

~Amazing Grace , John Newton ( 1725-1807 )

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
02-10-2007, 07:59 AM
February 10th

"Smile again on your desolate sanctuary..."

Most of us can think of one or two "inherited consequences" in our lives. Others may have made bad decisions, but we seem to be suffering the results. This is what Daniel was experiencing in Babylon. He knew he was there because his nation was being punished for generations of sinfulness. So he prayed for his people... God's people. From the land of punishment, he begged the Lord for forgiveness. His plea for mercy was based solely on God's compassionate character.

The Lord still disciplines his people when they refuse to walk in his ways, only now God's people are the church rather than an actual nation. Spend some time today praying for the Lord's forgiveness and guidance to help what has become of His wounded church.

O our God, hear your servant's prayer! Listen as I plead. For your own sake, Lord, smile again on your desolate sanctuary.

O my God, listen to me and hear my request. Open your eyes and see our wretchedness. See how your city lies in ruins for everyone knows that it is yours. We do not ask because we deserve help, but because you are so merciful.

O Lord, hear. O Lord, forgive. O Lord, list and act! For your own sake, O my God, do not delay, for your people and your city bear your name.

Daniel 9:17-19

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
02-11-2007, 10:24 AM
February 11th

"So, what is love defined?"

A healthy definition of love is crucial to understanding the central message of the Bible. According to the Bible, love is not confined to sexuality, nor is it primarily a feeling at all. The Bible teaches that love is a commitment. As a commitment, love is not dependent of good feelings, but rather on a consistent and courageous decision to extend oneself for the well-being of another. That commitment then produces good feelings, not the other way around. Jesus became the perfect demonstration of God's unconditional love for us by laying down his life for our benefit.

So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other. Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples.

John 14:2

a·ga·pe : –noun, plural

1. the love of God or Christ for humankind.

2. the love of Christians for other persons, corresponding to the love of God for humankind.

3. unselfish love of one person for another without sexual implications; brotherly love.

Heaven

HeavensOnFire
02-11-2007, 10:40 PM
LOVE THE LORD THY GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART BODY MIND AND SOUL, even untill death he prayed into the will of his father, THE WILL OF GOD WAS NOT JUSTIFIED IN THOSE WHO LOVED HIM THE MOST EYES, HE DIED AND AROSE AGAIN IN THE WILL OF GOD, AMEN THE MIGHTY GOD, Even The Lord HATH SPOKEN, AND CALLED THE EARTH FROM Rising Sun the sun unto the going down therof out of zion the perfection of beauty gOD HATH SHINED OUR GOD SHALL COME AND SHALL NOT KEEP HIS SILENT A FIRE SHALL DEVOUR BEFORE HIM HE SHALL CALL TO THE HEAVENS FROM ABOVE AND TO THE EARTH THAT HE MAY BE THE JUDGE OF HIS PEOPLE GATHER MY SAINTS THOSE THAT HAVE MADE A CONVEANT WITH ME BY SACRAFICE AND THE HEAVENS SHALL DECLARE HIS JUSTICE FOR GOD IS JUDGE HIMSELF , I WILL NOT REPROVE FOR THY SACRIFICES OR ANY BURNT OFFERINGS TO HAVE CONTINUALLY BEFORE ME I WILL TAKE IT NOT, Psalm 50,

HeavenBesideYou
02-12-2007, 06:15 AM
February 12th

"Always love."

Pretty tall order and pretty tough stuff. Only God is "always." But then Christians are fueled to a always love through the Holy Spirit! Feeling shortchanged? Check out the promised source of "always" love in Romans 5:5.

Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

1 Corinthians 13:6-7

Heaven

HeavensOnFire
02-12-2007, 07:56 PM
THE OLDEST MESSAGE OF A CHRISTIAN HISTORY STILL STANDS AMEN AND AMEN AMEN AND AMEN, LOVE BELIEVES ALL THINGS ENDURESSSSSSSSS ALL THINGS AND HOPES ALL THINGS, GREATER LOVE HATH NO NO MAN THAN THIS THAT A MAN LAY DOWN HIS LIFE FOR HIS FRIENDS, John 15,13,

HeavenBesideYou
02-13-2007, 06:22 AM
Amen!!!

:banana:

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
02-13-2007, 06:23 AM
February 13th

"The Lord sees you."

Putting forth a great deal of effort is much easier when we can feel we've accomplished something. There is a basic instinct within each of us that likes praise and reward. We need to feel that we are noticed when we do what is good and right. The Lord sees all that we do, and His pleasure is ever with us. His abundant blessings come to all who truly love Him and pursue Him with all their heart, mind, and soul.

The Lord rewarded me according to my righteousness; according to the cleanness of my hands hath be recompensed me.

Psalm 18:20

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
02-14-2007, 06:58 AM
Valentine's Day 2007

"The Ultimate Valentine's Love!"

The Israelites had just escaped from slavery in Egypt when God gave them the Ten Commandments. He promised to "lavish" his love on them, if they would obey these laws. Exodus 20:6 is an astounding promise of God's love and faithfulness to his people; "But I lavish my love on those who love me and obey my commands, even for a thousand generations."

It is all too easy for us to feel separated from God, all alone, and unloved, but Romans 8:35-39 assures us that is it impossible to escape God's love, even if we don't feel his love; "Can anything ever separate us from Christ's love? Does it mean he no longer loves us if we have trouble or calamity, or are persecuted, or are hungry or cold or in danger or threatened with death. [Even the Scriptures say, 'For your sake we are killed every day; we are being slaughtered like sheep.'] No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us. And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from his love. Death can't, and life can't. The angels can't, and the demons can't. Our fears for today, our worries about tomorrow, and even the powers of hell can't keep God's love away. Whether we are high above the sky or in the deepest ocean, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord."

You see God's love never fails. Rest secure in the knowledge that nothing can separate you from God's love, and have a Happy Valentine's Day!

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
02-15-2007, 06:08 AM
February 15th

"A prayer for love."

Each of us needs each other. God uses other believers to strengthen us and make us holy. As you pray for strength to be faithful to God, you should expect his answer to come through those believers who worship with you. Likewise, you should earnestly pray that God might use you to strengthen other believers.

When Paul wrote to the Thessalonians, his love and concern for them were apparent in every word. When he prayed for them, he asked the Lord to make their love for one another overflow. Paul prayed that the Thessalonian church might become a loving, supporting community of faith. The strong, silent, loner Christian didn't fit into Paul's understanding of how God works among his people.

May God himself, our Father, and our Lord Jesus make it possible for us to come to you very soon. And may the Lord make your love grow and overflow to each other and to everyone else, just as our love overflows toward you. As a result, Christ will make your hearts strong, blameless, and holy when you stand before God our Father on that day when our Lord Jesus comes with all those who belong to him.

1 Thessalonians 3:11-13

When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.

~Charles Reade

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
02-16-2007, 06:19 AM
February 16th

"Messages."

The original message - love one another. The enduring message - love one another. The most convicting message - love one another. The most difficult message - love one another. I'm reminded of the little verse: To dwell above with saints we love, O that will be glory. But to dwell below with saints we know, now that's another story. But it's the story we're called to write!

This is the message you heard from the beginning: We should love one another.

1 John 3:11

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
02-17-2007, 08:36 AM
February 17th

"Believe it."

There are some situations that arise in our lives that are as difficult to get through as a deep snowdrift or shifting sand. We struggle, and the more we do, the worse off we become. God reaches out to us in thos e times, gladly lending a hand. He will enlarge our steps, so that we might get over the toughest problems.

Thou hast enlarged my steps under me, that my feet did not slip.

Psalm 18:36

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
02-18-2007, 09:22 AM
February 18th

"Seperation."

Separation is something we fear whether it's from a child, a parent, a sibling, a spouse, a friend, or from God. Because Jesus bore the separation from God, becoming and going to the cross, we can know we won't have to ever be separated from God's love.

I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither present nor the future, nor powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is ours in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 8:38-39

Dear Lord, thank you for giving me the promise that nothing can separate me from your love. Please fill me with your Spirit and make me more aware of your accompanying presence in my life today. Amen...

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
02-19-2007, 06:43 AM
February 19th

"Remember the Lord in all that you do."

We may not always have the most information or the best background, but we know that nothing of real value can occur apart from the Lord. When God is present, souls are converted, the simple are made wise, and miracles begin to happen.

The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple.

Psalm 19:7

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
02-20-2007, 06:40 AM
February 20th

"Stop, look and listen..."

This day, we need to stop for a moment to open new eyes to the wonder of God's world. If we will only try to see it through His eyes rather than our own, we will find new beauty that we never noticed before. His is a world of wonder and miracle.

Do not let the pressures of the day create a cloud that prevents you from seeing His beauty.

The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.

Psalm 19:1

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
02-21-2007, 05:57 AM
February 21st

"Love love love..."

Wouldn't it be great if we didn't have to have laws to keep people in line! That's the point behind Paul's message here. Treat our neighbors as we would like to be treated. Love them as we like to be loved. If we do that, then we're not going to do anything that would hurt them, much less violate a command of law!

The commandments, "Do not commit adultery," "Do not murder," "Do not steal," "Do not covet," and whatever other commandment there may be, are summed up in this one rule: "Love your neighbor as yourself." Love does no harm to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

Romans 13:9-10

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
02-22-2007, 06:17 AM
February 22nd

"Who inspires your faith?"

The simple faith of a single man or woman is a mighty thing. Trust in the Lord, and you will marvel at all that can be done.

Some trust in chariots, and some is horses: but we will remember the name of the Lord our God.

Psalm 20:7

Heaven

HeavensOnFire
02-23-2007, 01:15 AM
AMEN David, WHO CAN SHOW FORTH OF ALL HIS PRAISES AND Makes Us Remembear All Things of the times are backs was to wall he was there AND NEVER PREVAILED IN THE GOOD TIMES BUT WHEN WE CALLED UPON THE NAME OF THE LORD OUR GOD HE WAS THERE GLORY TO GOD AS THE DAY WOULD TURN INTO NIGHT AND THE NIGHT INTO THE DAY OUR GOD OF THE VALLEY THE GOD OF THE THUNDERSTORM THE GOD WHO CAN TAKE MOUNTAINS AND CRUMBLING AT YOUR FEET, IN A INSTANT, THATS THE GOD OF GLORY!!!!!!!! As For Me I Will Call Upon The Lord And The Lord Shall Save Me EVENING AND MORNING AND AT NOON, WILL I PRAY AND CRY OUT LOUD HE WILL HEAR MY VOICE HE HATH DELIVERED MY SOUL FROM THE BATTLE THAT WAS AGAINST ME FOR THERE WERE MANY WITH GOD SHALL HEAR AND AFLICT THEMEE, Even He That Abideth Of Old BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO CHANGE, HE HATH PUT FORTH HIS HANDS AGAINST SUCH SUCH BE AT PEACE WITH HIM HE HATH BROKEN HIS COVENANT THE WORDS OF HIS MOUTH WERE SMOOTHER THAN BUTTER BUT WAR WAS HIS IN HIS HEART HIS WORDS WERE SOFTER THAN OIL YET WERE DRAWN SWORDS CAST THY BURDEN UPON THE LORD AND HE SHALL SUSTAIN THEE HE SHALL NEVER SUFFER THE RIGHTEOUS TO BE MOVED, Psalm 54, 16,22

HeavenBesideYou
02-23-2007, 06:07 AM
February 23rd

"The choice is ours."

It seems to be a part of human nature to ignore consequences until it is too late. God gives us an awful lot of opportunity to make up our minds whether or not we will follow Him, but we cannot expect Him to wait forever. God knows our hearts right this very minute. The choice is ours. Each day gives us a new opportunity to reconfirm our faith in God. Let us take each and every opportunity.

With a fistful of enemies in one hand
and a fistful of haters in the other,
You radiate with such brilliance
that they cringe as before a furnace.
Now the furnace swallows them whole,
the fire eats them alive!
You purge the earth of their progeny,
you wipe the slate clean.
All their evil schemes, the plots they cook up,
have fizzled—every one.
You sent them packing;
they couldn't face you.

Psalm 21:8-12

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
02-24-2007, 09:03 AM
February 24th

"God's work."

Too often we fall into the trap of believing that we do God's work for Him. That's not true. The most we can do is open ourselves to let the Lord do His own work through us. When we try to do it for Him, we can only expect to grow weary. However, when God works through us, we will find a new energy and vitality that we have never experienced before. The Lord is exalted through His own strength, not ours. Open yourself to Him now, and let the true power begin to flow.

Be thou exalted, Lord, in thine own strength: so will we sing and praise thy power.

Psalm 21:13

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
02-25-2007, 08:40 AM
February 25th

"Abandoned?"

God is with you all along; some just choose to look the other way. Never does the Lord forsake His own. The only distance that is ever between us is the distance that we put there.

My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? Why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?

Psalm 22:1

Heaven

HeavensOnFire
02-26-2007, 01:14 AM
IF JEHOVHA GOD BE WITH YOU, sometimes ye shall feel forsaken, AND SEE WORKERS OF VANTIY AND IDOLS AND THOSE WHO STRIFE FOR THEIR OWN GLORY, keep on getting better all the time, AMEN and in such times your growth and knowlege and wisdom thats brought you through will feel as if its been thrown into utter confusion and at times things that was making sense will come undone along, with the saftey pen and glue that holding your last heart string BUT THE GLORY OF GOD , CAN SAY UNTO THEE IN A INSTANT FORGET THE STRING ONLY I CAN RENEW THE TICKER AND UPHOLD IN MY HANDS AND RENEW IT, GLORY TO GOD, GLORY TO GOD, He That Knoweth THAT PROMOTION COMES NEITHER FROM THE EAST NOR DOES IT COME FROM THE WEST, IF THE MORNING STAR THEREFORE HAS RISEN IN YOUR HEART GLORY TO GOD

HeavensOnFire
02-26-2007, 01:19 AM
St Luke, 1,80 We All Must Grow Grow AMEN AND AMEN So Did Our Lord And Saviour Jesus Christ, THE CORNERSTONEEEEEE, And The Child Grew AND WAXED STRONG IN SPIRT, And Was In The Deserts Till The Day Of His Showing Unto Israel,

HeavensOnFire
02-26-2007, 01:26 AM
who hath measured the waters in the hollow of his hand and meted out heaven with a span and comprahended the dust of the earth in a measure and weighed the mountains in scales and the hills in balance, who hath directed the spirt Of The Lord being his counsel lor hath taught him with whom took he counsel and who instructed him and taught him in the path of judegement and taught him knowlege and showed him the ways of understanding, ISA, 40,12 14,

HeavenBesideYou
02-26-2007, 06:39 AM
February 26th

"Lent."

We don't know a lot about the forty days Jesus spent in the desert before His temptation. We know it was a time of fasting and probably of prayer. When the devil came to Him, the conquering words of Scripture were quick on Jesus' tongue, so it may have been a time of meditation, a time of special communion with his Father.

This song draws the comparison between Jesus' forty days in the desert and the forty days of Lent. Traditionally, the Lenten season is a time of fasting. People "give up" something for Lent. The idea is not to punish ourselves, but to put aside something that may distract us from our communion with God. It is a time for special devotion to God, a time when He may "abide with us" in a special way. Lent is a time to refocus on our relationship with Christ.

Lord, who throughout these forty days
For us didst fast and pray,
Teach us with Thee to mourn our sins,
And close by Thee to stay.

As Thou with Satan didst contend
And didst the victory win,
O give us strength in Thee to fight
In Thee to conquer sin.
~Lenten Hymn ( v1,2 ), Claudia Francis Hernaman ( 1838-98 )

Immediately the Holy Spirit compelled Jesus to go into the wilderness. He was there for forty days, being tempted by Satan. He was out among the wild animals, and angels took care of him.

Mark 1:12-13

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
02-27-2007, 06:26 AM
February 27th

"Live wisely."

22:3... Interestingly, this proverb expects that dangerous situations will arise in our lives. If these situations are indeed inevitable, then we should plan a course of action. For some people taking action means devising endless preventative measures. Still others feel that taking precautions implies that they are not living in faith. Neither of these solutions displays a balanced trust in God.

We must examine where our confidence lies. Are we really trusting in God? Trusting does not mean that we should purposely step into pitfalls. If we see ourselves heading for danger, we can take precautions to avoid the situation. We lack faith when we feel that we alone possess the strength to conquer any temptation. Humbly anticipating our weaknesses will allow us to bypass harsh consequences.

A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions; the simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.

Proverbs 22:3

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
03-01-2007, 06:23 AM
March 1st

"When darkness comes."

The Word of God can be a powerful source of comfort for us. In time of danger and dread, the Lord will come close to us, to comfort and protect us. Rest in the Lord, and He will save you.

Save me from the lion's mouth: for thou hast heard me from the horns of the unicorns.

Psalm 22:21

Heaven

HeavensOnFire
03-01-2007, 08:25 PM
LIKE A BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATER, GLORY TO GOD, HE WILL LAY DOWN, GLORYYYYYYYYYYY GLORYYYYYYYYYYYYY GLORY Love Ya Hev, DELIVER MY SOUL FROM THE SWORDm my darling from the power of the dog, save me from the lions mouth FOR THOU HAS HEARD ME, FROM THE HORNS OF THE UNICORNS, what a beautiful place :) that has no messaure therof THE HEAVENS ABOVE THE HEAVENS, GLORY GLORY,

HeavensOnFire
03-01-2007, 08:40 PM
I WAITED, patiently for the lord and he inclined unto me and heared my cry he brought me up also out of an horrbile pit out of the miry clay and set my feet upon rock and established my goings and he hath put a new song in my mouth EVEN PRAISE UNTO OUR GOD many shall see it and fear and shall trust in the lord Blessed Is The Man That TRUST IN GOD And Respects Not The Proud NOR SUCH AS TURN ASIDE TO LIES,MANY OH LORD ARE THY WONDERFUL WORKS, which thou hast done and thy thoughts which are to usward THEY CANNOT BE RECKONED IN ORDERRRRRRRRRRRR, Unto The GOD PRECIOUS ALMIGHTY, If I Would Declare Theme And Speak Of Theme They Are More Than Can Be Numbered Sacrafice And Offerings thou did not desire mine ears hast thou opend burnt offering and sin ofering hast thou not required then said i lo i come in the voulme of the book it is written of me, i delight to do thy will oh my God yea thy lawe is within my heart i have preached righteousness in the great congragation lo i have not refrained my lips O Lord THO KNOWEST i have not hid thy righteousness WITHIN MY HEART I have declared my faithfullness and thy salvation i have not concealed thy lovingkindness and thy truth from the great congregation without hold not thine tender mercies from O Lord Let Thy Truth Loving Kindness Continually Preserve Me For Innumerable evils have compassed me about mine inquites have taken hold upon me so that im not able to look up,

HeavensOnFire
03-01-2007, 08:48 PM
Gives Us The Truth Now*** they are more than the numbers of hair on my head therefore my heart surley faileth me be pleased oh lord to deliver me oh lord make haste to help me, LET THEME BE ASHAMED AND CONFOUNDED TOGETHER THAT SEEK AFTER MY SOUL TO DESTROY IT LET THEME BE DRIVEN BACKWARD AND PUT TO SHAME THEME THAT WISH ME EVIL, LET THEME Be Deswolaste For Reward Of Their Shame That Say Unto Me AHA AHAAAA, LET ALL THOSE THAT SEEK THEE REJOICE AND BE GLAD IN THEE LET SUCH AS LOVE THY SALVATION SAY CONTINULALLY THE LORD BE MAGNIFIED BUT, Iam Poor And Needy Yet THE LORD THINKETH UPON ME THOU ART MY HELP AND MY DELIVERER MAKE NO TARRYING , Oh My God, Psalm 40

HeavenBesideYou
03-02-2007, 06:29 AM
March 2nd

"Pure gold."

How we long for this to be our true confession. We are not yet gold, but long to be. We are not yet fully following his steps, but are trying. We have tried not to turn aside, but we sometimes falter. Thank God for his grace until our intentions and desires are fulfilled!

He knows the way that I take; when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold. My feet have closely followed his steps; I have kept to his way without turning aside.

Job 23:10-11

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
03-04-2007, 07:25 AM
March 4th

"Created in God's image?"

What does that mean? Why does an artist paint, a musician play, or an author write? Because they are overflowing with ideas and must express them. Creativity is the overflow of a full heart and mind. But sometimes we're empty or full of the wrong material. How can we be full of the beauty that will spill out in wonderful visions, sounds, words and movements? Take time to know God the author of all creativity. Take time to soak up all that is beautiful. Take time to think. As your inner wells fill up, you can be sure that the creativity will soon be flowing out of your life in productive ways.

My heart overflows with a beautiful thought! I will recite a lovely poem to the king, for my tongue is like the pen of a skillful poet.

Psalm 45:1

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
03-05-2007, 06:24 AM
March 5th

"Credit where credit is due..."

A man stood on the crest of a hill silently admiring the lunar eclipse. As the colors came to a brilliant red crescendo, he suddenly shouted, "Way to go, God. Fantastic!" Then he raised his hand in praise to the Creator.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17420184/

Dr. Carl Sagan marveled that a single human chromosome contains 20 billion bits of information. This corresponds to four thousand 500-page books, and that's only one chromosome! Yet Dr. Sagan never professed any belief in God. When it comes to praising God for his incredible work in creation, some of us are more like Dr. Sagan than the student. We are quick to condemn those who deny that God created the universe, yet we, too, often forget to praise him for all that he has made.

We praise God for salvation but forget to praise him for creation. Whether we look at the grandeur of the heavens or the intricacies of a chromosome, we should stand in awe of our Creator. Praise him today for his masterful work.

Have I looked at the sun shining in the skies, or the moon walking down its silver pathway, and been secretly enticed to worship them? If so, I should be punished by the judges, for it would mean I had denied the God of heaven.

Job 31:26-28

We understand the entire universe was formed at God's command, that what we now see did not come from anything that can be seen.

Hebrews 11:3

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
03-06-2007, 06:28 AM
March 6th

"Simply marvelous!"

God's actions are not reactions to current situations, but part of his long-term plan to bring redemption. Yes, he has done marvelous things: he took the evil intent of a mob who cried "Crucify him" and turned it into an opportunity to fulfill the prophesies and redeem us. He is perfect in faithfulness and has done marvelous things.

O Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things, things planned long ago.

Isaiah 25:1

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
03-07-2007, 06:18 AM
March 7th

"God knows us."

We can't pretend we are something we are not with him. This should liberate us to a remarkable degree of intimacy, but most of us run from such a close relationship with God. If our desire, however, is to become more like him, the only way to be transformed is by inviting him and looking at our heart, our motivations, and our desires.

Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

Psalm 139:23-24

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
03-08-2007, 06:17 AM
March 8th

"We are comforted to comfort others."

God doesn't bless us because we are somehow uniquely better than everyone else, but specifically to equip, empower, and encourage us to comfort others. God has human hands only when I use mine to his glory and for his purposes!

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all of our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.

2 Corinthians 1:3-4

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
03-09-2007, 06:50 AM
March 9th

"Before the beginning of time!"

How do you understand when that was? God first thought of us at a time we cannot even begin to understand. His reason for thinking of us was to demonstrate his grace and call others to his side. Jesus has always been God's plan, and we have always been his goal. Let's make sure we respond by living that holy life.

God has saved us and called us to a holy life, not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time.

2 Timothy 1:9

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
03-10-2007, 08:02 AM
March 10th

"Carried away."

Isn't it amazing what we can let our minds do to us? We blow things out of proportion, and it causes such great suffering and distress. When we thrust ourselves into panic and fear, it is good to know that we can turn to the Lord, and He will be faithful to comfort us. Open yourself to His peace, and you will find new serenity.

The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.

Psalm 25:17

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
03-11-2007, 09:14 AM
March 11th

"Is anyone really safe anymore?"

From terrorist attacks to the abduction of children in broad daylight, random acts of violence seem to fill the news reports day and night. Scripture reveals God to be concerned about and committed to our safety. But to more fully understand the concept of safety, we must recognize who we are, eternal beings wrapped in mortal bodies. While God is concerned about what happens to our body, he is much more concerned about what happens with our soul. Once we have confessed faith in Jesus and the Holy Spirit comes to live within us, he is at work protecting our soul from beings snatched away by Satan. God is concerned about the safety of our physical body, and we probably experience his hand of protection more than we realize. But ultimately, physical protection will come only when we are given our new body in eternity.

He will rescue you again and again so that no evil can touch you.

Job 5:19

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
03-12-2007, 06:22 AM
March 12th

"By Your light all fear is erased."

God doesn't want worthy people nearly as much as He wants committed people. Those individuals who stand up and say, "Here am I, Lord! Take me," are the ones who please Him most. To those who give their all to the Lord, He will give comfort and peace. They will have no cause to fear anything.

The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

Psalm 27:1

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
03-13-2007, 06:41 AM
March 13th

"God is in our lives."

He is at work right now, undoing Satan's destructive messes and leading us to places he wants us to go. This is true in everything we do and everywhere we go. The key is for us to seek his purpose, to live his will. If that is our goal, then we can be sure our God is with us every step of our way.

We know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

Romans 8:28

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
03-14-2007, 06:20 AM
March 14th

"God wants us to be productive in our lives."

He wants us to have more than just head knowledge. He wants us to put it to work in our lives and be effective and productive with it. But, I've got to put out some effort and try to grow in these qualities. Peter is saying, "Okay folks, God wants you to get after it and make a difference through your life!"

Make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to gooodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

2 Peter 1:5-8

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
03-15-2007, 06:08 AM
March 15th

"Jesus Christ of Nazareth."

"Jesus, there's just something about that name!" The words to the song are right. Salvation from what is warped and broken in our world is found in no one else. He is our Savior because he was willing to come to this world, bear our limitations, shame, and sin, and then triumph over them.

The name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth... Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved.

Acts 4:12

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
03-16-2007, 05:59 AM
March 16th

"Deceit is the order of the day."

A small village depended on its large neighbor to protect and defend it. The small village had no means to defend itself on it own. For years the large village defended the smaller one, but one day, when the small village needed support, the larger village refused, saying they no longer cared what happened. Actually, the larger village wanted to acquire the land of the smaller one, so they had hired a band of soldiers to attack the little village.

This parable is not a piece of simple fiction, but a startling and sad reality in our world today. Deceit is the order of the day. What will ever bring all the sadness and oppression to an end? The Lord, God, that's who. The Lord despises evil, and one day all evil will be erased.

Draw me not away with the wicked and with the workers of iniquity, which speak peace to their neighbours, but mischief is in their hearts.

Psalm 28:3

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
03-17-2007, 08:23 AM
March 17th

"He restores my soul."

My, that sounds so good. But it is more than talk. When we've reached point that we can't go on, God blesses us with strength to just keep on walking. When we're in a struggle and things are tough, his power upholds us and we run to victory. When we're winning victories in his name, we can soar on wings like eagles. He is a shepherd and more. He is the Rock and Sustainer of our lives!

The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul.

Psalm 23:1-3

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
03-18-2007, 09:54 AM
March 18th

"Modest?"

God gives each of us strengths and talents. There is no reason for us to boast or brag. All that we are, all that we can do, is a gift from God. Give Him thanks and praise for all you have. The Lord is good to His children.

Give unto the Lord, O ye mighty, give unto the Lord glory and strength.

Psalm 29:1

Heaven

HeavensOnFire
03-18-2007, 01:00 PM
When We Serve The God Like God, The Almighty, He Honours The Praises, And Will Leave A Flock Who Praises Him To Up Lift The Humble On Broken Kness, Gloryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Gloryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Gloryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy,

HeavenBesideYou
03-19-2007, 05:55 AM
March 19th

"Religion and politics."

It is impossible to govern the world without God and the Bible.
~George Washington

The whole inspiration of our civilization springs from the teachings of Christ and the lessons of the prophets. To read the Bible for these fundamentals is a necessity of American life.
~Herbert Hoover

In regard to this great book, I have but to say, it is the best gift God has given to man. All the good Savior gave to the world was communicated through this book. But for it we could not know right from wrong. All things most desirable for man's welfare, here and hereafter, are to found portrayed in it.
~Abraham Lincoln

Hold fast to the Bible as the sheet-anchor of your liberties; write its precepts in your hearts and practice them in your lives. To the influence of this book we are indebted for all the progress made in true civilization, and to this we must look as our guide in the future. Righteousness exalteth a nation; but sin is a reproach to any people.
~Ulysses S. Grant

Your principles have been the music of my life throughout the years of my pilgrimage. I reflect at night on who you are, O Lord, and I obey your law because of this.

Psalm 119:54-55

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
03-20-2007, 06:17 AM
March 20th

"God breathed."

Our souls were created by the breath of God in Eden; it should not surprise us that the Word of God, which is inspired, or "God breathed," sustains our souls. If we plan to eat food each day to keep our body alive, shouldn't we also plan to feast on God's Word each day to sustain our soul?

Your words are what sustain me. They bring me great joy and are my heart's delight, for I bear your name, O Lord God Almighty.

Jeremiah 15:16

I will write down these things as a testimony of what the Lord will do. I will entrust it to my disciples, who will pass it down to future generations.

Isaiah 8:16

For I have stayed in God's paths; I have followed his ways and not turned aside. I have not departed from his commands but have treasured his word in my heart.

Job 23:11-12

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
03-21-2007, 06:09 AM
March 21st

"Trust."

While we may wish to have been alive when Jesus walked the earth or Jeremiah spoke fearlessly God's hard truth, we are especially blessed to be alive today. We stand at the end of an incredible stream of God work and know him to be profoundly faithful to his people. We can launch out into the future with boldness because we know, as Psalm 139 says, God is there!

Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought.

Jeremiah 17:7-8

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
03-22-2007, 06:23 AM
March 22nd

"No accident."

Many of the struggles in our lives are not mere accidents! In fact, many of them are not put there by God. Our challenges often come from the hand of our enemy, Satan. He always prowls around looking for the best scheme to knock us out of our commitment to, and relationship with, the Lord. Placing ourselves firmly in the hands of the Lord and using his tools of warfare will help us defeat our enemy, who has already been humiliated by Jesus and the cross.

Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes.

Ephesians 6:10-11

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
03-23-2007, 06:14 AM
March 23rd

"I once was lost..."

Elijah's story from First Kings is the perfect example of what happens to people who lose sight of God and turn instead to worldly things. Vanity kills faith and undermines humility. Look to the Lord in all things, and you will never have to worry.

I have hated them that regard lying vanities: but I trust in the Lord.

Psalm 31:6

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
03-24-2007, 08:39 AM
March 24th

"Death for sin."

When we get death for sin, we're only being paid what we're owed. Sin is rebellion against the God who loves us and gave us his most precious gift to redeem us from sin! God's gift is free... Eternal life in Jesus Christ. He gave it without our assurance of following.

The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 6:23

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
03-26-2007, 06:13 AM
March 26th

"For the sake of the name."

When we read the book of Acts, we find the disciples overjoyed at suffering "for the sake of the name." Jesus' followers consider it a privilege and not just a hardship. The truth of our commitment is often best shown to the skeptical when we are "under fire."

It has been granted to you on behalf of Christ not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for him.

Philippians 1:29

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
03-27-2007, 06:18 AM
March 27th

"Guidance."

Let's face it: We need guidance. Our willfulness gets us into trouble when we refuse to unite it with common sense. Our Lord is the author of good sense and levelheadedness. It only makes sense that we should turn our lives over to Him. He is faithful to guide and direct us. He teaches and nurtures us, enabling us to be the best that we can be.

Be ye not as the horse, or as the mule, which have no understanding: whose mouth must be held in with bit and bridle, lest they come near unto thee.

Psalm 32:9

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
03-28-2007, 06:47 AM
March 28th

"The mediator."

We do not need another person, no matter how mighty, pious, or special, to intercede for us before God. As his children, we can go freely, knowing that God himself has provided the perfect mediator between us and himself. That mediator alone is head of the church and chief priest before God for us. His name is Christ Jesus, our Lord.

There is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all men.

1 Timothy 2:5-6

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
03-29-2007, 06:36 AM
March 29th

"Righteousness!"

That's what we are. God's righteousness. We are the testimony of how holy, just, and gracious he truly is, because in Jesus, we are his righteousness!

God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

2 Corinthians 5:21

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
03-30-2007, 06:53 AM
March 30th

"Savior and Servant."

Jesus was everything and became nothing and we didn't notice what he did for us. We just assumed he deserved it, and so we did not repent. But there was something about that sacrificial story that grabbed our hearts and called us home we found in him not only a Savior, but a servant.

He was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering. Like one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not. Surely he took up our infirmities and he carried our sorrows, yet we considered him stricken by God, smitten by him, and afflicted.

Isaiah 53:3-4

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
03-31-2007, 06:35 AM
March 31st

"Tripping on your tongue?"

James says that our tongues are mighty rudders, guiding the body where it will go. We should be very careful of the words that come out of our mouths. We can do the greatest good, and the most terrible evil, by the use of our mouths. Christians should let the truth and grace of Christ govern their language. Otherwise, terrible problems can occur. Let our words reflect our commitment to Christ, and God will bless us and defend us.

Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile.

Psalm 34:13

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
04-01-2007, 09:14 AM
April 1st

"Doubt still?"

We have raised an angry fist to fate, cursed the darkness, and denied there is a God. Each of these is equally ineffective. To rob heaven of God is only to rob ourselves of grace, hope, and a future. How foolish indeed to forget that behind a creation of wonder, order, variety, beauty, ferocity, and pattern is the Creator who is far greater than his handiwork.

The fool says in his heart there is no God.

Psalm 14:1

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
04-02-2007, 06:12 AM
April 2nd

"Matthew, Mark, Luke and John."

One thing the Gospels make clear is that Jesus' death on the cross was no accident. Jesus knew the challenge that awaited him in Jerusalem, and he walked into it to deliver us from the same fate.

Now as Jesus was going up to Jerusalem, he took the twelve disciples aside and said to them, "We are going up to Jerusalem, and the Son of Man will be betrayed to the chief priests and the teachers of the law. They will condemn him to death and will turn him over to the Gentiles to be mocked and flogged and crucified. On the third day he will be raised to life!"

Matthew 20:17-19

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
04-03-2007, 06:10 AM
April 3rd

"Are you in prison?"

At any given time, many of God's saints are in prison. The prison may be literal, or it may be a product of circumstances. It can be financial debt, a broken relationship, a physical ailment, or any other consuming situation. You are not literally behind bars, but your circumstances may make you feel as if you are. Don't despair; it will not last. It is ordained by God and is designed either for your current witness or future usefulness. He is refining you and molding you into His image, the exact likeness of His crucified Son.

A huge problem in the church is when Christians look at their imprisoned brothers and sisters and assume that God has not favored them. Paul probably experienced such a phenomenon. We read his prison epistles and marvel at his suffering for the cause. But many of his contemporaries may not have marveled. They may have seen his trouble as a sign of God's disfavor and wondered why someone with so much potential had fallen to such depths.

Don't forget about those in prison. Suffer with them as though you were there yourself. Share the sorrow of those being mistreated, as though you feel their pain in your own bodies.

Hebrews 13:3

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
04-04-2007, 06:10 AM
April 4th

"Forgiveness."

What a sweet and precious gift. What we could not fix, make up, or pay for, God did for us in Jesus. With him each day is a fresh start and rebirth of springtime. But my what a cost!

In Christ we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace.

Ephesians 1:7

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
04-05-2007, 06:35 AM
April 5th

"Alone?"

The writer of Ecclesiastes paints a depressing picture of a man who strives to gain the whole world alone, then asks himself, "Who am I working for? Why am I giving up so much pleasure now?" The writer concludes, "It is all so meaningless and depressing" ( Ecclesiastes 4:8 ). How much better it is to go through life with a strong network of support. When you share your trials and triumphs with others, you soon realize that you're not alone. And somehow, when we stand together, life's challenges don't seem so daunting anymore.

A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two men can stand back-to-back and conquer.

Ecclesiastes 4:12

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
04-06-2007, 06:33 AM
April 6th

"Resist flight."

David was a man after God's own heart and a great, anointed king. But in many ways, he was just like us. Psalm 55 is an example. When the pressure was on, David just wanted to run away.

All of us have had similar urges. When life gets intense and troubles seem to offer no way out, we just want to get out of the situation. Every Christian who has been prepared by God and stretched to his or her limits can relate: There are times when we would do anything if God would just remove us from our trial. We'll pray for ways of escape, but God often leaves us surrounded until His time is right. God has no scorn for such feelings. He made us and He knows our frailties. He understands our impulse to flee from whatever difficulties we face. But He also insists on our endurance, because it has spiritual results that nothing else can accomplish. And there is no way to learn endurance other than simply to endure. We can't learn it in principle or in theory; only pain can teach it to us.

The good news for those who go through intense trials and suffering is that once the impulse to flee is broken, God delivers. When endurance is complete, God removes the tribulation we endured. Every fear is followed by blessing ( Psalm 55:4-8, 16-18 ). Our God does not leave us in our troubles. He has put us there to discover His provision; He will not withhold it indefinitely. There will be a day of deliverance.

Oh, how I wish I had wings like a dove; then I would fly away and rest! I would fly far away to the quiet of the wilderness. How quickly I would escape—far away from this wild storm of hatred.

Psalm 55:6-8

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
04-07-2007, 08:14 AM
April 7th

"Christ alive!"

When we are baptized into Christ, we share in his crucifixion and we are raised up to be new people. Christ is alive in us. The real challenge is for us to be "Christ alive!" Our motivation? Not to earn salvation, which has already been given us by grace, but to honor him who sacrificed all to save us.

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Galatians 2:20

(See also Romans 6:1-14)

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
04-08-2007, 10:07 AM
Easter Sunday, 2007

"What does it mean to lay down our lives for our brothers?"

Sounds pretty extravagant, but the next verse in 1 John 3 reminds us that most often it's very simple: if we have a brother or sister in Christ with needs, we give up what we have to fill that need!

This is how we know love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers.

1 John 3:16

Think of yourselves the way Christ Jesus thought of himself. He had equal status with God but didn't think so much of himself that he had to cling to the advantages of that status no matter what. Not at all. When the time came, he set aside the privileges of deity and took on the status of a slave, became human! Having become human, he stayed human. It was an incredibly humbling process. He didn't claim special privileges. Instead, he lived a selfless, obedient life and then died a selfless, obedient death, and the worst kind of death at that... a crucifixion.

Philippians 2:6-8

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
04-09-2007, 06:34 AM
April 9th

"When your will is drained."

We have two simple options when afflictions strike. We can moan about our fate and give up, or we can face it boldly and make the best of it. God grants us the power to become more than conquerors, if we will only choose to use it.

My heart pounds, my strength fails me; even the light has gone from my eyes.

Psalm 38:10

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
04-10-2007, 06:37 AM
April 10th

"Share the gospel."

Simon Peter became the cornerstone of the church, but only after facing some tremendous trials. Jesus walked with His disciples for almost three years, and during that time He taught many things. Peter, who listened intently to all He said, never really understood what He meant until Jesus returned from the grave. When he called upon to affirm his faith in Jesus, he denied Him three times.

We can be so much like Simon Peter. We listen, but we do not hear. We have opportunity to testify to the glory of the Lord, and we keep silent. The Lord wants us to know Him. completely and share our faith with all we meet. Hear what the Lord has to say, and proclaim it with your mouth and with your actions.

But I, as a deaf man, hear not; and I was as a dumb man that openeth not his mouth.

Psalm 38:13

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
04-11-2007, 06:33 AM
April 11th

"Conceit."

Everyone needs to be reminded they are not better than anyone else every now and then. Conceit is a killing vice in the Christian life. God created us all equal. His image rests equally with every human being. Sometimes God needs to bring us back to earth when we get too puffed up. Those exalt themselves will be humbled, while those who humble themselves will be exalted.

When thou with rebukes dost correct man for iniquity, thou makest his beauty to consume away like a moth: surely every man is vanity.

Psalm 39:11

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
04-12-2007, 06:36 AM
April 12th

"I've just got to find myself."

Won't ever happen. We do not "find ourselves, our life" by pursuing it. We find it by losing it to something or someone greater than ourselves. We find our life be losing it to Jesus and the work of his Kingdom.

Jesus said to them all: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will save it."

Luke 9:23-24

Heaven

HeavensOnFire
04-12-2007, 11:25 PM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

HeavenBesideYou
04-13-2007, 06:33 AM
April 13th

"We're not worthy..."

Too often we come before the Lord with the feeling that we are not worthy. True, we have sinned, but God does not want us to dwell on the fact that we have sinned, but that we have been forgiven, and that we are His chosen people. The love of God is greater than any sin we might commit. God makes us able to look up, because He lifts the burden of guilt from our shoulders.

For innumerable evils have compassed me about: mine iniquities have taken hold upon me, so that I am not able to look up; they are more than the hairs of mine head: theref ore my heart faileth me.

Psalm 40:12

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
04-14-2007, 07:26 AM
April 14th

"The Gospel."

The Gospel story is pretty simple to understand. The grace of the Gospel is glorious to receive. The sacrifice of the Gospel is incomprehensible. The victory of the Gospel is life.

I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you... that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, and that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures.

1 Corinthians 15:1-4

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
04-15-2007, 09:14 AM
April 15th

"Alpha male."

The male deer is a single-minded creature. Once its sights are set on its goal, nothing can dissuade it. It will battle opponents to the death in order to succeed. Even for a drink of water, the male deer will not be stopped. Such single-mindedness is what the Lord desires of His children. The Lord loves to see real commitment that changes lives. To live for the Lord means to give oneself to Him, body, mind, and spirit. As the hart pursues the cooling brook with all that it has, so must we pursue our Lord.

As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God.

Psalm 42:1

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
04-16-2007, 05:59 AM
April 16th

"What do we owe?"

He paid a debt and we owe one. Thank God we don't owe the debt for our sin, but we owe others the same love, respect and grace with which God has treated us!

Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for he who loves his fellowman has fulfilled the law.

Romans 13:8

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
04-17-2007, 05:57 AM
April 17th

"The Word transforms."

Dr. E. V. Rieu was a classical scholar and translator for many years. He rendered Homer into very modern English for the Penguin Classics. Rieu was sixty years old and a life-long agnostic when the same firm invited him to translate the Gospels. His son remarked: "It will be interesting to see what Father makes of the four Gospels. It will be even more interesting to see what the four Gospels make of Father."

The answer was soon forthcoming. A year later, Rieu, convinced and converted, joined the Church of England.

In an interview with J. B. Phillips, Rieu confessed that he had undertaken the task of translation because of an "intense desire to satisfy himself as to the authenticity and spiritual content of the Gospels." He was determined to approach the documents as if they were newly discovered Greek manuscripts,. "Did you not get the feeling," asked Canon Phillips, "that the whole material was extraordinarily alive?" The classical scholar agreed. "I got the deepest feeling," he replied. "My work changed me. I came to the conclusion that these words bear the seal of the Son of Man and God."

~From J. B. Phillips, The Ring of Truth. quoted by R. Kent Hughes in 1001 Great Stories and Quotes , 1998

All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives.

2 Timothy 3:14

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
04-18-2007, 06:24 AM
April 18th

"Imagine Jesus being proud of you!"

He said if we confess him before others here on earth, he will speak up for us in heaven. Confessing that Jesus is Lord is simply acknowledging the truth. But for believers, it is more than that, since at the close of time every knee will bow and every tongue confess his name. For us, confessing Jesus is anticipating his triumph in which we will share.

If you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

Romans 10:9-10

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
04-19-2007, 06:29 AM
April 19th

"How we hear God."

How remarkable that the God of the universe would actually want to communicate with us! We are creatures of a material, physical world to which we relate through our five senses. God is a spiritual being. We in our physical state cannot see him, hear him, or touch him...

Over several centuries, God inspired a select number of people to write down what he felt we needed to know about him and how he expects us to live. These writings have been collected into this book, called the Holy Bible. In a miraculous way, the Bible speaks to each of us. Its truths apply across generations, across cultures, across all life experience.

Above all, you must understand that no prophecy in Scripture ever came from the prophets themselves or because they wanted to prophesy. It was the Holy Spirit who moved the prophets to speak from God.

2 Peter 1:20-21

But this is the new covenant I will make with the people of Israel on that day, says the Lord: I will put my laws in their minds so they will understand them, and I will write them on their hearts so they will obey them. I will be their God, and they will be my people!

Hebrews 8:10

Heaven

HeavensOnFire
04-20-2007, 01:01 AM
THE LORD HEARS, AND ITS EVEN MORE WONDERFULLLLLLLLLL WE ACTS, GLORY TO GOD, Who Sets,em Up And Brings,em Down, Love Ya Hev,

HeavensOnFire
04-20-2007, 01:11 AM
YOU Speak Of The God Of Israel , The Sweet I,am and i say again there is none like him, through my walk through my salvation through my struggles through my rises and my falls, and my ups and downs, and the times when all logic said you really need just throw in the towel, My brother GODS WILL, Is Always In The Making His Word Is Grounded Survival His Word Is Always Flowing Sweeter That Honey Falling From The Comb, there is no other way , to pull thyself up except to reach for the word AND TRUST IN HIM WHO GAVE BREATH TO ALL LIFE, And what his words utter through you 7 times stronger before than the last time, You Called Up On Him Distress, God I,ve been through this and i dont see no getting pass this its like the never ending cycle of my life ...

HeavensOnFire
04-20-2007, 01:20 AM
GLORYYYYYYYYYYY TO GOD, And He Shall Soon Rush To Our Aid, I WILL LOVE THEE O LORD MY GOD STRENETH THE LORD IS MY ROCK AND MY FORTRESS AND MY DELIVERER MY GOD MY STRENETH IN WHOM I WILL TRUST MY BUCKLER AND THE HORNNNNNNNNNNNN OF MY SALVATION AND MY HIGH TOWER, HE IS STRONGER THAN I I WILL CALL UPON HIM WHO I KNOW IS ALWAYS WORTHY TO BE PRAISED SO SHALL I BE SAVED THE SORROWS OF DEATH YEP STILL COMPASSETH ME ABOUT AND THE FLOODS OF THE UN GODLY MAKE ME AFRAID THE SORROWS OF HELL COMPASSED ME ABOUT THE SNARES OF DEATH WILL INDEED PREVENT YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA TO PRAISE HIM IN HIM DO WE CALL UP ON, FOR HE IS WORTHY TO PRAISED TO HIM ALONE BELONGS THE GLORY, Psalm 17,1 16

HeavenBesideYou
04-20-2007, 06:31 AM
Yes!!! I am glad to join you at the fresh break of day, to share this bread and to join you with all the vigor of youth.

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
04-20-2007, 06:31 AM
April 20th

"My refuge."

The cross I wear around my neck is not there for show, nor is it the object of my worship. I would not be lost without it, though I do like it. I do not believe it has some mystical power, nor does it protect me. The cross that I wear reminds me of the great love that God has for me. Christ's gift of eternal life is made real to me each time I look down at the cross or feel it lightly resting on my chest. In difficult times, I look at the cross and feel warmth and comfort. From its gentle reminder I draw strength when I am weary, refuge when I need to rest. Whether I wear my cross or not, God is with me, but sometimes it is nice to have a small reminder.

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

Psalm 46:1

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
04-21-2007, 07:37 AM
April 21st

"Spiritual eyes."

In the woods of Maine, not too far from the eastern coast, there is a river that flows clear and cool. It winds through some of the most gorgeous scenery imaginable, and carries with it a beauty that is unsurpassed. To see such sights convinces a person of the reality of God. God gives us glimpses of heaven here on earth, so that we might long for such a place from the deepest reaches of our hearts. That part of us that carries the seed of God responds to His beauty in creation. If we will look at the world with our spiritual eyes rather than our physical eyes, we will begin to see God's glories in many new ways. The gifts of God are indeed abundant. Open your eyes and enjoy them all.

There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High.

Psalm 46:4

Heaven

HeavensOnFire
04-21-2007, 02:41 PM
Yes!!! I am glad to join you at the fresh break of day, to share this bread and to join you with all the vigor of youth.

Heaven

GLORY TO GOD KEEP IT UP MY BROTHER, AND PEACE BE WITH YA, PRAISE THE LORD OUR GOD FOR THIS IS THE DAY THAT THE LORD THY GOD HAS MADE WE SHALL REJOICE AND BE GLAD IN IT,

HeavenBesideYou
04-22-2007, 09:41 AM
April 22nd

"Fingerprints."

The touch of the Master's hand is all around us. We see it in the order, beauty, and dazzling variety in creation. The great expanse of space with its billions of planets and the incredible world of the microscopic are all testimony to an Orderer of great creativity. God has left his fingerprints all over his world so we can know he is here.

Since the creation of the world, God's invisible qualities -- his eternal power and divine nature -- have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.

Romans 1:20

Heaven

HeavensOnFire
04-22-2007, 01:33 PM
Amen Brother David, MEN ARE WITHOUT EXCUSE, AMEN AND AMEN, FOR WITHOUT HIM NOTHING WAS GLORY TO GOD,

HeavensOnFire
04-22-2007, 01:46 PM
RIGHTEOUS ART THOU O LORD AND UPRIGHT ARE THY JUDGEMENTS, THY TESTIMONIES THAT THOU HAST COMMANDED ARE RIGHTEOUS AND INDEED VERY FAITHFUL, MY ZEAL HATH COUSUMED ME BECAUSE MINE ENEMIES HAVE FORGOTTEN THY WORDS THY WORD IS VERY VERY PURE THEREFORE THY SERVEANT LOVETH IT, I,AM SMALL AND DESPISED IN THIS WORLD YET DO I NOT FORGET THY PRECEPTS THY RIGHTEOUSNESS IS EVERLASTING RIGHTEOUSNESSSSSSSSSS :bounce: :bounce: LET THE FIRE COUNSUME ME SWEET JEHOVHA GOD SO I CAN HOLD THOSE PRECEPTS THAT I LOVETH AND THY LAW AND IS TRUTH, ONLY FROM THE GOD OF ISRAEL THE GOD OF ABRAHAM THE GOD OF JACOB, Glory To God Trouble And Anguish Have Taken Hold On Me Yet Thy Commandments Are My Delights THE RIGHTOUSNESS OF THY TESTIMONIES IS EVERLASTING GIVE ME UNDERSTANDING AND I SHALL LIVE, GLORY psalm 119, 137,144,

HeavenBesideYou
04-23-2007, 06:48 AM
April 23rd

"Against the wind."

Triumph comes from standing up for your values.

When you do what is truly right, you need to rejoice. God celebrates with us, and He will honor our righteousness. To do right is to affirm who God wants us to be. The peace that comes from doing right is wonderful.

O clap your hands, all ye people; shout unto God with the voice of triumph.

Psalm 47:1

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
04-25-2007, 06:42 AM
April 25th

"Is it worth it?"

The top of the corporate ladder is far short of the top of the eternal ladder that God has set before us. What does it profit a man to save his life, if he forfeits his soul? Men and women who have sacrificed themselves totally to earthly gain can carry nothing with them beyond the grave. There they will stand naked to face judgment for a life poorly lived.

Be not thou afraid when one is made rich, when the glory of his house is increased; For when he dieth he shall carry nothing away: his glory shall not descend after him.

Psalm 49:16,17

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
04-26-2007, 06:51 AM
April 26th

"He alone is deserving."

Early Christians suffered terrible persecution, even death, for refusing to bow down to idols. Images of Caesar were prominent throughout the Roman Empire, and all were expected to pay tribute to these graven images. The Christians refused, and so they were thrown into jail, and sometimes they were thrown to wild beasts. God was so important to these early Christians that they could not offer tribute to anyone less worthy.

Offer unto God thanksgiving; and pay thy vows unto the most High.

Psalm 50:14

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
04-27-2007, 06:34 AM
April 27th

"None can boast."

God saved you by his special favor when you believed. And you can't take credit for this; it is a gift from God. Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
04-29-2007, 09:05 AM
April 29th

"Slave to freedom."

At age 17, I craved freedom. I dropped out of high school, got kicked out of my house, and began living for myself. Six weeks later, I began to realize how unsatisfied I was. My so-called freedom had made me a slave to desires that were quickly destroying me. The world had lied to me. Power, pleasure, and popularity had not satisfied me. I was empty and alone.

So I turned to God. I desperately needed fixing; who better to turn to than my own personal Creator and Designer? Alone in my Florida apartment, I go on my knees and asked God's forgiveness. I begged him to change me.

Life is quite different now. Things I used to live for don't matter anymore, and I hunger for things I used to run away from. God has not taken away my excitement; he has changed what I get excited about. For the first time in my life, I'm content. God has taught me that only he can satisfy my eternal longing for pleasure and peace.

You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of your presence and the pleasures of living with you forever.

Psalm 16:11

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
05-01-2007, 06:28 AM
May 1st

"Righteousness."

Daniel is told what makes or breaks eternity in the resurrection: righteousness. Loving it, drinking it in, leading others to it, investing in it. Righteousness is the key. The quality of our righteousness on earth has everything to do with the quality of our eternity.

Those who are wise also know that there's a problem. We are inherently unrighteous. An eternity based on earthly righteousness is a devastating predicament for people who are, in their very genetics, infected with corruption. Are there any who can really lead others to righteousness? Will any shine like the brightness of the heavens? Or is the promise empty?

Righteousness is a gift from a holy heaven to an infected race. It comes from outside ourselves, available only through faith in its Giver. Those who are wise will tell others about this gift. Those who want to shine will know the Source of the light and will be completely preoccupied with Him.

Those who are wise will shine as bright as the sky, and those who turn many to righteousness will shine like stars forever.

Daniel 12:3

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
05-02-2007, 06:34 AM
May 2nd

"Confidence before God."

Through the presence of Jesus at the Father's right hand and the intercession of the Holy Spirit, we can have confidence and come boldly before the Creator of the universe and know that he not only hears us, but also cares for us. Wow, what an audience! Oh, and one final thing, he also ACTS on what we ask.

This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us - whatever we ask - we know that we have what we asked of him.

1 John 5:14-15

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
05-03-2007, 06:39 AM
May 3rd

"Bend."

Sometimes the key to survival is simply "setting our jaw" and going on faithfully trusting that God is there helping us, despite the outward circumstances. Choosing joy through hope rather than despair, choosing patient endurance in times of affliction, and choosing faithfulness in prayer are all decisions of the will. We trust that God, who raised Jesus from the dead, can also change our circumstances because he hears our voice.

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.

Romans 12:12

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
05-04-2007, 06:43 AM
May 4th

"Guard the inside."

If you're typical, you think of guarding your heart in terms of keeping things out. Corruption, false ideas, temptations all are to be held at arm's length, never to be allowed in the inner depths of your affections. But there's another side to this vigilance. We are to keep things in. In fact, if we can master that, the corruptions and temptations will often take care of themselves.

Think about it: The things that can assail a heart from the outside are innumerable, far too overwhelming to manage. But the things we are told to keep within; the spirit of Jesus, the humility and gentleness, the servanthood and sacrifice, the worship and thankfulness, these are one Spirit. Most religions tell us to avoid the bad; God tells us to embrace Him. We are better equipped to focus on His character than on the enemy's devices. Nowhere are we told to live against the sinful nature and hope that the Spirit will show up. We're told to live by the Spirit and expect the sinful nature to have no power. We often get confused about that.

Above all else, guard your heart, for it affects everything you do.

Proverbs 4:23

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
05-05-2007, 12:02 PM
May 5th

"Prayer."

God wants to hear our prayers, but to keep them from becoming too self-focused, God wants us always to remember to give thanks. It is so easy for us to turn prayer into a request line. We are the ones who are left bereft when thanksgiving and praise are robbed from our prayers.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:6-7

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
05-06-2007, 09:04 AM
May 6th

"Confess your sins and heal."

To confess is to do two things with our sin: 1. To recognize sin for what it is in God's eyes... 2. To get rid of our secrets and be honest with another Christian. James' language is powerful. He mentions that this confession doesn't just bring forgiveness. It also brings healing.

Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.

James 5:16

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
05-07-2007, 07:26 AM
May 7th

"Where does your heart live?"

That's what these verses are all about. Is there a constant awareness in your life that God is present? Is he the unseen but always present companion in all your ups and downs? Or is God here when it is convenient and gone when things are busy? Joy comes from knowing we are never alone. Prayer is the ongoing conversation we have, Spirit to Spirit, with God.

Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
05-09-2007, 06:37 AM
May 9th

"We are experts at wearing masks."

We do the acceptable things so we don't feel strange or uncomfortable. We get thrown into the lion's den, and it feels like the only way we can hope to avoid being eaten is to become a lion ourselves. Take heart. God has seen our problems and He is willing to help us stand firm for what we believe. There is a place for us. In time, God will lead us all to a place where we feel accepted and loved for who we are.

My soul is among lions: and I lie even among them that are set on fire, even the sons of men, whose teeth are spears and arrows, and their tongue a sharp sword.

Psalm 57:4

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
05-10-2007, 06:37 AM
May 10th

"A God who rescues."

Jehoahaz, king of Israel, lived an evil life. He committed all the sins of Jeroboam and continued leading the nation into the sin of idolatry. So the Lord turned the people of Israel over to be oppressed by the Arameans. But even though Jehoahaz had been a failure and disobedient to God as a king, when he sought the Lord's help, God heard. And seeing the terrible oppression Israel was living under, he intervened. He raised up a deliverer and savior (a foreshadowing of Christ), one who rescued them from tyranny, and Israel once again lived in safety and peace.

If God will do this for an evil king and an idolatrous nation when they call out to him, how much more will he hear and respond to the prayers of his children, who are reconciled to him because of the sacrifice of our savior, Jesus.

Jehohaz prayed for the Lord's help, and the Lord heard his prayer. The Lord could see how terribly the king of Aram was oppressing Israel. So the Lord raised up a deliverer to rescue the Israelites from the tyranny of the Arameans. Then Israel lived in safety again as they had in former days.

2 Kings 13:4-5

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
05-11-2007, 06:52 AM
May 11th

"Be kind and compassionate."

Two qualities that seem to be in short supply. Maybe its because we hold up the wrong heroes, but these two qualities are often seen as a sign of weakness rather than strength. To forgive as God forgave us requires great courage and great strength. So let's be strong!

Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

Ephesians 4:32

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
05-12-2007, 07:06 AM
May 12th

"God the Redeemer."

Have you ever given God reason to be angry with you? Compare your sins with the sins of Israel. As you read through the Old Testament, you discover the truth that seems to shock most people: At no time in Israel's history did they ever remain faithful to God. Of course, there were periods of collective obedience... But as soon as the blessings flowed, their hearts wandered, and once again they fell into their evil ways. Their lives were steeped in a constant pattern of rebellion and unfaithful living.

And what is God's name? Redeemer. Deliverer. Savior. What is the judgment he hands down? He plans to redeem them. Again. He deals with them according to his goodness, not their evil. He forgives them. Not because they deserve it but because it is God's nature to forgive.

You will know I am the Lord, O people of Israel, when I have honored my name by treating you mercifully in spite of your wickedness, says the Sovereign Lord.

Ezekiel 20:44

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
05-13-2007, 08:52 AM
Mothers Day 2007

"Praise women."

So many things we honor and exalt in our culture are shallow and temporary. The one thing that lasts in a beautiful woman is not her charm or her beauty, but her godliness. Let's make sure in our family that true and lasting beauty is clearly valued and amply praised!

Charm is deceptive and beauty if fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.

Proverbs 31:30

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
05-14-2007, 06:46 AM
May 14th

"Money."

The cost of wealth is often our very faith. Let not the wealth of the world turn you from God. There is the devil's finest work.

Trust not in oppression, and become not vain in robbery: if riches increase, set not your heart upon them.

Psalm 62:10

Money, so they say
Is the root of all evil today.

~Pink Floyd

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
05-15-2007, 06:46 AM
May 15th

"I don't know!"

That has to be one of the hardest phrases for us to use. But when thinking about God and his ways, that's really all we can say. We know about God only what he in his grace has chosen to reveal to us. He is the Mystery of mysteries. He is the supreme knowable Unknown. Yet what we do know of him, what he has revealed to us in Jesus, is not only mighty and awesome, but loving and merciful.

As you do not know the path of the wind, or how the body is formed in a mother's womb, so you cannot understand the work of God, the Maker of all things.

Ecclesiastes 11:5

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
05-16-2007, 06:40 AM
May 16th

"Feed 'em to the animals!"."

Some people love to spend time making others unhappy. These people will have to answer to God for their actions. We are called to love one another and to look for ways to give one another encouragement. While the nasty people will answer in shame for their deeds, the kind will rejoice with Christ in heaven.

But those that seek my soul, to destroy it, shall go into the lower parts of the earth. They shall fall by the sword: they shall be a portion for foxes.

Psalm 63:9,10

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
05-17-2007, 06:29 AM
May 17th

"God's plan to save us is incredible."

His blueprints for the creation of our universe are beyond our imagining. He is so rich in wisdom and knowledge. What else can we do but go to him and ask him to open our minds to his work and his will in our lives.

Oh, the depth and riches of the wisdom and the knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out.

Romans 11:33

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
05-18-2007, 06:15 AM
May 18th

"God WILL expose it for what it is."

Jesus stood with a group of His followers. In the distance, a crowd appeared, pushing a naked woman along in front of them. They cast her down at the Lord's feet and said, "What should we do with this adultress?" They hoped to trap Jesus into advising sin. Aware of the trap, Jesus gazed deeply into the eyes of the people. He stooped down and scribbled in the dust. Abruptly, He stood back up and said, "The one among you who is without sin, let him cast the first stone."

His answer struck like a bolt of lightning. Words of pure love and power exploded their conceit, and they were forced to look at the truth of God openly and honestly. The sin was not at issue. What mattered was forgiveness.

But God shall shoot at them with an arrow: suddenly shall they be wounded.

Psalm 64:7

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
05-19-2007, 08:08 AM
May 19th

"Why righteousness is so hard to find..."

Now I know why righteousness is so hard to find: there aren't many sowers! Heavenly wisdom is full of sacrificial earthly action. That's a powerful reminder to me that wisdom is not what you know but what you sow!

The wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness.

James 3:17-18

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
05-20-2007, 08:51 AM
May 20th

"Unity comes from God's Spirit as we follow Jesus."

But unity has a purpose much deeper than our getting along with each other. Jesus prayed that we would be one so the world would know that God sent him ( John 17 ). We want to be united so our praise can bring glory to God. Unity is far more than a goal, it is a process through which the world learns of Jesus and we glorify the Father who sent him and saved us. Can you think of anything more fundamental to our faith than that?

May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus, so that with one heart and mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Romans 15:5-6

Heaven

HeavensOnFire
05-20-2007, 04:10 PM
The Cornerstone, where would we be brother without both GOD AND HIS SON, and the mercy that flows from the love christ and saves us from our times tribulations that God is enduring with us GLORY TO GOD, but where would we be with his mercy following us as the spirt of our God falls up on us, but when the harder gets harder we can rest asure, surley today and forever and always, and as well as those who are following his spirt today and i hate to rain on everybody parades :D im not pouring on the sugar my brother but if we do follow hes truth and glory we will endure the absents of that first love that once held us so close GLORY TO GOD GLORY, but we can rest asure in the precious word flowing from the book of romans and know that the were wrote in gold, and should be highlighted for a lot of us GLORY GLORY GLORY, Romans 8,32,39 HE THAT SPARED NOT HIS OWN SON ON THAT DAY OF SORROWS BUT DELIVERED HIM UP FOR US ALL HOW SHALL HE NOT WITH HIM Also Freely Give Us All Things My Brother, WHO SHALL LAY ANYTHING TO THE CHARGES OF GODS ELETS IT IS GOD THAT JUSTFIETH ALL Oh GLORYYYYYYYYYYYYYY, Who Is He That Commandeth It Is CHRIST THAT DIED YEA RATHER THAT IS RISEN AGAIN, So It Was Written IF WE HAVE DIED WITH HIM GLORYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY WE Know We Have Lived With Him Who Is Even Now At The Right HAND OF GOD :D that makes me smile WHO ALSO MAKETH INTERCISION FOR US, Oh GLORY TO GOD, Who Shall Separate Us From The Love Of Christ SHALL TRIBULATION OR DISTRESS OR PERSUCUTION OR FAMINE OR NAKNEDNESS OR PERIL OR SWORD, Nay IN ALL THESE THINGS HE SUFFRED WE ARE MORE THAN THE CONQURERS THROUGH HIM THAT LOVED US FOR I,AM PERSUADED THAT NEITHER DEATH NOR LIFE NOR ANGELS NOR PRINCEPALITIES NOR POWERS NOR THINGS PRESENT NOR THINGS TO COME NOR HEIGT NOR DEPTH NOR ANY CREATURE SHALL BE ABLE TOO SEPARATE US FROM THE LOVE OF GOD AND CHRIST,

HeavensOnFire
05-20-2007, 04:17 PM
May 17th

"God's plan to save us is incredible."

His blueprints for the creation of our universe are beyond our imagining. He is so rich in wisdom and knowledge. What else can we do but go to him and ask him to open our minds to his work and his will in our lives.

Oh, the depth and riches of the wisdom and the knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out.

Romans 11:33

Heaven

:pimp: GLORY TO GOD Brother David ya know what its IRONIC How Far He Reaches To Save Man Kind and of all his people Glory To God, His spirt is every where just about, there is no egnoring him except those who have grown and waxed cold, GLORY,

HeavenBesideYou
05-21-2007, 06:48 AM
May 21st

"Make the best of things."

Not everything in life goes the way we would like it. Sometimes we make out okay, other times things just don't seem to work out. In both cases, the Lord is with us, and He wants to help us make the best of things. God has given good things to His children, and when one thing doesn't work out, we can rest assured that something else is soon to come along. When things do work out, we need to remember to give thanks to the one who made it all possible.

Thou crownest the year with thy goodness; and thy paths drop fatness.

Psalm 65:11

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
05-22-2007, 06:40 AM
May 22nd

"Freedom."

Freedom is a wonderful gift when it is handled with responsibility. Not being under law is such a sweet grace, but we must pass that sweetness on to each other through service, kindness, and care.

You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature; rather, serve one another in love.

Galatians 5:13

Heaven

HeavensOnFire
05-22-2007, 06:57 AM
May 15th

"I don't know!"

That has to be one of the hardest phrases for us to use. But when thinking about God and his ways, that's really all we can say. We know about God only what he in his grace has chosen to reveal to us. He is the Mystery of mysteries. He is the supreme knowable Unknown. Yet what we do know of him, what he has revealed to us in Jesus, is not only mighty and awesome, but loving and merciful.

As you do not know the path of the wind, or how the body is formed in a mother's womb, so you cannot understand the work of God, the Maker of all things.

Ecclesiastes 11:5

Heaven

:pimp: GLORY TO GOD GLORY GLORY my brother GLORY i dont know, haaaaaaaaaaa GLORY BUT HE DOES, GLORY, we need revivale here at the feed, glory to God Lets Give God THE GLORY this morning

HeavensOnFire
05-22-2007, 07:09 AM
thank you for speaking For The God THE SUPER NATURAL UNKNOWN gloryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy thats unknown whos ways are beyond our mortal flesh Always how ever strong we believe we our WE GOTTA LOOK UP TO THAT ALMIGHTY CREATOR AND PRAY OH MY GOD GIVE ME A TOUCH OF THAT POWER THATS I DONT KNOW I NEED YOUR SUPER NATRUAL STRENETH THATS SOARING ABOVE WHERE I CANT SEE, GLORY GLORY I WANT TE SUPER NATRUAL GOD THAT I DONT UNDERSTAND AND LET HIM CARRY ME THROUGH THIS, GLORYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY GLORYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY we like to think Of God is our best friend AND HE IS, but we cant forget HE IS THAT HE IS THE GOD WHO FORMED ALL THINGS AND THE HEAVENS AND THE EARTHS, And Sends Forth Yes THE SWEET SUPER NATRUALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL, when we need it most question not This GOD but always let your request come before him REACH AND LOVE HIM TODAY with all thy praise and all thy yearing to want him more today GLORY GLORY

HeavenBesideYou
05-23-2007, 06:27 AM
May 23rd

"Lord, there is no one like you!"

In today's passage Moses praises the Lord and assures the Israelites that God will be with them no matter what adversity or trial they encounter, that he is their refuge and underneath them are his everlasting arms. Do you need to feel God's everlasting arms carrying you today because your strength is exhausted? Do you know someone who is in desperate straits and needs God's help? Pray these verses for yourself or for someone else, and proclaim God's faithfulness.

There is no one like the God of Israel. He rides across the heavens to help you, across the skies in majestic splendor. The eternal God is your refuge, and his everlasting arms are under you.

Deuteronomy 33:26-27

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
05-24-2007, 06:21 AM
May 24th

"They are incredible!"

In the days of Jesus, a common usage of the word [terrible] meant "incredible." To be terrible meant to be beyond belief. God truly is beyond belief. We cannot begin to understand all He has done and He continues to do in our world. A walk through the country will expose us to more miracles than we can count. A look at the night sky will fill us with wonder to the core of our being. God has offered us untold questions to explore and contemplate. They are incredible!

Come and see the works of God: he is terrible in his doing toward the children of men.

Psalm 66:5

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
05-25-2007, 06:35 AM
May 25th

"Convict your heart and guard your lips."

Have a brake on your tongue, hit the throttle on your ears. Let your angry email sit three days before responding and make sure you read it and edit it before you send it. Keep you mouth shut and your ears open. They all say the same thing. Now if we would just do it, wouldn't the World be so much more blessed!

My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry.

James 1:19

Heaven

HeavensOnFire
05-26-2007, 01:00 PM
May 23rd

"Lord, there is no one like you!"

In today's passage Moses praises the Lord and assures the Israelites that God will be with them no matter what adversity or trial they encounter, that he is their refuge and underneath them are his everlasting arms. Do you need to feel God's everlasting arms carrying you today because your strength is exhausted? Do you know someone who is in desperate straits and needs God's help? Pray these verses for yourself or for someone else, and proclaim God's faithfulness.

There is no one like the God of Israel. He rides across the heavens to help you, across the skies in majestic splendor. The eternal God is your refuge, and his everlasting arms are under you.

Deuteronomy 33:26-27

Heaven

:pimp: GLORY TO GOD brother David, you can say it again and again LORD THERE IS NO ONE LIKE, THE GOD OF OH ISRAEL, and i shall gasp for breath and need a glass of water PROCLAMING LORD THERE IS NO ONE LIKE YA, GLORY GLORY, AND THOU SHALT REMEMBEAR ALL THE WAY WHICH WHICH THE LORD THY GOD LED THEE 40 YEARS IN THE WILDERNESS TO HUMBLE THEE AND TO PROVE TO THEE TO KNOW WHAT WAS IN THE HEART WHETHER THOU WOULD KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS OR NAY AND HE HUMBLED THEE AND SUFFRED THEE TO HUNGER AND FED THEE WITH MAN~NA WHICH THOU KNEWST NOT NEITHER DID THY FATHERS KNOW THAT HE MIGHT MAKE THEE KNOW THAT MAN DOTH NOT LIVE BY BREAD ALONE BUT BY EVERY WORD THAT PROCEEDS FROM THE MOUTH OF GOD, OF THE LORD THY GOD DOETH MAN LIVE THY RAIMENT WAXED NOT OLD UPON THEE NEITHER DID THY FOOT SWELL THESE FORTY YEARS THOU SHAL ALSO CONSIDER THINE HEART THAT HAS A MAN CHASTENETH HIS SON SO THE LORD THY GOD WILL CHASTISE HE THAT WHICH HE LOVETH, GLORY TO GOD,

HeavensOnFire
05-26-2007, 01:09 PM
OF HIS MERCY WE LIVE TODAY glory to god i would like to take a momeant brother david and share a testimonie of the LIVING GOD, Glory feel free to laugh if you must for my streneth And My Joy Flows FROM THE LORD MY GOD...Oh How Precious Art Thou, For Who Can utter All thy praises And all thy Glory.....oh it was a long time big Arnorld fan of the termanater movies GLORY TO GOD, and when T3 THE RISE OF THE MACHINES, hit the box office that summer, LORD knows i tried every which way to go that movie GLORY something would always come up everytime, and after everybody had seen it they told me it would,nt as good has T2 Glory To God, so i just forgot the movie entirley and hope to add it on to my collection, GLORY TO GOD,

HeavensOnFire
05-26-2007, 01:20 PM
well this past winter i was going through so many changes and stand stills, EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT FEELING OF WATING UPON THE LORD THY GOD IN SILENCE GLORY, so i thought i would just whatch the movie for clartiy and besides i had not seen it, GLORY THEN THERE AROSE A SOUND AS UNTO THUNDER, that message that the Lord Thy God Was Finding So Hard To Deliever, Was Like A Time Capsule to me inside the movie, GLORYYYYYYYY at that time i felt some what like john conner did, In deeper things, BUT WHAT ALL THE MACHINE PUT HIM THROUGH, In The Long Run He Was Right and at the end of the movie, john was asked who is control down there GLORY TO GOD, and it finally Hit Him, I,am HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa I,am i could feel God message so deep and true, the emotions came so strong as if i was reviewing the PASSIONS OF CHRIST GLORY TO GOD And no matter How Rough It Gets Or How Lost We Get, Or what ever it is JESUS CHRIST IS UNDER ALL THINGS GLORY TO GOD, PAST PRESENT FUTURE PROPHECIES TOUNGES , GLORY TO GOD, but WE CANT GIVE UP THE FIGHT B/C WE LIVE TODAY, WE LIVE TODAY GLORY TO GOD, Peace Be With U All In The Beauty Of His Sweet Simplisty,

HeavenBesideYou
05-27-2007, 10:57 AM
May 27th

"How important is grace?"

Paul said it was more important than his life! Telling about grace was more important to Paul than his life! In fact, that was his life!

I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given to me, the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace.

Acts 20:24

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
05-28-2007, 09:27 AM
May 28th

"Daily Bread..."

When we ask God for our daily bread, what do we mean? Is it merely food to nourish our body? Is it all the basic necessities of life? Does it include the bread Jesus spoke of: the Word of God? It is all these things and more. Our heavenly Father wants us to have everything we need to affirm His image within us. God never calls His children to tasks they are not ready for, and He will not abandon us without the resources we need to succeed. Our God provides us with everything we need to be the best people we can be. Call upon the Lord to load you daily with benefits. He will do even more than you expect.

Blessed by the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation.

Psalm 68:19

Hope you are enjoying this extended weekend, blessings!

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
05-29-2007, 06:43 AM
May 29th

"A heavenly vision."

Many times our prayers tend to focus on this world and the struggles we encounter in our lives. God understands and accepts these prayers, but we must also direct our thoughts and prayers to the victory we will share with Christ. In Revelation, God gives us a splendid portrayal of that final victory. In a vision, the apostle John sees a magnificent scene: a vast multitude celebrating the triumph of the Lamb of God. Waving palm branches, the traditional symbol of victory, people from all over the world extol God for the salvation he had provided through his Son.

After I saw a vast crowd, too great to count, from every nation and people and language, standing in front of the throne and before the Lamb. They were clothed in white and held palm branches in their hands. And they were shouting with a mighty shout, "Salvation comes from our God on the throne and from the Lamb!"

Revelation 7:9-10

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
05-30-2007, 06:33 AM
May 30th

"David cried."

There comes a point where there are not more tears to cry. The sadness remains, but the waters dry up. It is in this calm after the storm that we can make sense of things. David cried unto the Lord often. He needed to vent the emotions and pressures that built up inside him. Being the king of a headstrong people was not easy. David experienced periods of intense joy, but also of excruciating heartache. He learned the value of a purging cry. In moments of desperation, David let down all his defenses to stand exposed before God. In those times, God was sure to come to him and offer David all the comfort he needed. In our times of desperation, the Lord will give us comfort, too.

I am weary of my crying: my throat is dried: mine eyes fail while I wait for my God.

Psalm 69:3

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
05-31-2007, 06:43 AM
May 31st

"What do you have that is forever?"

Most of everything we have falls apart, breaks, or runs down in a short time. But we have three things that last forever: God, our Christian friends, and our praise of God. These are eternal.

The Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.

1 Thessalonians 4:16-17

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
06-01-2007, 06:35 AM
June 1st

"You think your life is tough?"

It's easy to fall into the trap of thinking we're worse off than anyone else. When we feel sorry for ourselves, all we need do is turn to the story of Jesus' last few hours on earth. There the man who knew no sin became sin for us, so we might have eternal life. He was tripped, beaten, spit upon, and when, as His dying request, He asked for a drink to wet His lips, they put vinegar before Him instead of water. No kindness was shown the Prince of Peace, the one who had done nothing in His life to warrant such cruel mistreatment. Compared with the trial and misfortune of our Lord, we have very little to complain about. To even compare ourselves to Him is to open ourselves to shame. Christ endured torment and death upon a cross for our sakes. Now, He abides with us to help us endure every trial.

They gave me also gall for my meat; and in my thirst they gave me vinegar to drink.

Psalm 69:21

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
06-02-2007, 07:46 AM
June 2nd

"Patience."

Patience is not a strong virtue in the twentieth century. We are a people of instant gratification. We want what we want when we want it. We don't like to wait. Unfortunately, we worship a God of eternity who chooses to operate on His time schedule, not ours. Therefore, patience is vital. Ask the Lord for patience. You'll need it!

Make haste, O God, to deliver me; make haste to help me, O Lord.

Psalm 70:1

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
06-03-2007, 08:28 AM
June 3rd

"Constructive critcism?"

Why is it so hard to endure an unjust or unfair criticism? Why do we always have to defend ourselves no matter how ridiculous the charge? Often the problems we have with others simply escalate because we do not choose to forgive and let them go on in the Lord!

A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.

Proverbs 15:1

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
06-04-2007, 06:22 AM
June 4th

"Adversity."

Many times we must go through adversity and hard times in order to learn and grow. The lessons we learn are invaluable, even though we would often rather learn them some other way. The Lord allows us to meet adversity because He knows we must endure it in order to be better people. He does not allow adversity because He is cruel, but because He is kind and wants the best for His children.

Thou, which hast shewed me great and sore troubles shalt quicken me again, and shalt bring me up again from the depths of the earth.

Psalm 71:20

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
06-05-2007, 06:16 AM
June 5th

"A story."

A man of humble means walked along a road and encountered Jesus seated on a rock with a thin child on His lap. The man looked at Jesus, threw himself down before Him, and worshipped Him. Jesus sat, unmoved. The man praised Jesus, and still Jesus was impassive. In frustration, the man asked Jesus what was wrong. Jesus looked down to the child in His lap. The child had grown thinner and was on the verge of starving to death. The man turned away from Jesus in disgust and walked on his way.

Think about it, while we worship Jesus people are dying. Jesus holds those dying children in His arms. To come before Jesus means to come before the needy of this world. Jesus said unless you do good unto your brothers and sisters, you have not done good unto Him. We cannot expect Jesus to pay attention to us unless we're willing to pay attention to the things that matter to Him.

He shall judge the poor of the people, he shall save the children of the needy, and shall break in pieces the oppressor.

Psalm 72:4

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
06-06-2007, 06:24 AM
June 6th

"Love that surpasses knowledge."

That's very difficult to explain, but when you have loved your spouse for decades you experience what this means. When you love a child and do what you never dreamed you could do for another human being, you understand this phrase. And when you stand before God, adopted as a full heir of all his great riches, a full sibling to Jesus Christ the Lord, and know you are seen as holy, without reproach, and blameless, you begin to understand this phrase.

I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

Ephesians 3:17-19

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
06-07-2007, 06:30 AM
June 7th

"Power and presence..."

So many things about our lives are uncertain. This one thing, however, is sure: no matter where, when, or how long, God will be there and will be with us.

Before the mountains were born or you brought forth the earth and the world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God. For a thousand years in your sight are like a day that has just gone by, or like a watch in the night.

Psalm 90:2 and 4

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
06-08-2007, 06:17 AM
June 8th

"To be good is foreign to the majority."

Our world is upside down. We reward the wrongdoer and we chastise the righteous. To be good is equal to being somehow deficient. Words like [virtue], [purity], and [sweetness] have taken on negative connotations. The key is not to give up. The Lord will reward those who persevere in the face of persecution and frustration. God loves the pure in heart, and it is well worth it to hold on for His sake.

Verily I have cleansed my heart in vain, and washed my hands in innocency.

Psalm 73:13

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
06-09-2007, 06:04 AM
June 9th

"The world wants a Savior but not a Lord."

The New Testament is clear, a Savior who is not Lord is no Savior and no friend. If the Old Testament showed us anything, it is that God's seemingly bizarre laws were written not for his fascination but for his people's preservation.

Jesus said, "Wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to live, and only a few find it."

Matthew 7:13-14

Let's not only call Jesus Lord this week, let's live in a way that shows that he controls our lives and his Spirit produces our character!

Have a great weekend gang, I am going on Holiday but will return Monday...

Peace,

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
06-11-2007, 06:16 AM
June 11th

"Your will be done."

History tells me it has been true! Faith trusts it will be true eternally! Reverent silences, a pause in the hectic rush of our lives, reminds us that it is true today!

Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.

Psalm 46:10

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
06-12-2007, 06:33 AM
June 12th

"God's voice is always speaking."

His witnesses give testimony to his glory, majesty and creative grace. The universe shouts with joy because behind it's intricate beauty and power is the One who gave it life, purpose, and intention.

The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge.

Psalm 19:1-2

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
06-13-2007, 06:20 AM
June 13th

"He is ours if we ask."

Next to Jesus, the gracious sacrifice for our salvation, the greatest gift we can receive is God's abiding presence in the Holy Spirit! He is ours if we ask. In fact, when we ask, he is already there interceding for us!

If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to our children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask for him.

Luke 11:13

Heaven

HeavensOnFire
06-13-2007, 08:46 PM
AMEN AND AMEN AND AMEN, GLORY TO GOD HIS VOICE HUSHES AND RUSHES I NEVER RECALL TIME WHEN MY GOD HAD UTTLEY FOR SAKEND ME FOR HIS ANGER IS FOR A SEASON BUT HIS MERCY ENDURES FOREVER AND HIS VOICE WILL BREAK ALL FEARS AND BONDAGE WE HAVE A GOD WHO IS ALWAYS PRCOCLAMING VICTORY I RECALL THE TIMES WHEN I THOUGHT THE RAIN WAS POURING AND THE TRIALS MORNING DAY AND NIGHT THERE WAS NO CEASE OH GLORYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY :) AND WE THOGHT WE HAD IT ROUGH THEN GLORY TO GOD, BUT FOREVER SHALL THE LORD THY GOD REST WITH HIS WHO CONSTANTLY SEEK HIM HIS EVERY WAY HIS EVERY WAKEN HOUR HIS EVERY REASON GLORY TO GOD, :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: AND LORD I CRIED OUT MY WOULD AND SHOULDAS AND COULDAS I Tell Ya What My Friends :D LORD A LOT OF PEOPLE LOVE HAAAAAAAAAA :D GLORY WHEN U CRIETH OUT TO GOD HE WILL CRY GLORYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY HIS WOULDAS AND SHOULDAS AND COULDAS, AND PLAVE YOU UP ON ROCK WHERE U CANNOT BE MOVED!!! GLORYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

:pimp:[/QUOTE]

HeavensOnFire
06-13-2007, 08:49 PM
GLORY GLORYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY WHAT WE SEE HAS A MONUTAIN GOD CALLS A MILD STONE GLORYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Heaven

:pimp:[/QUOTE]

HeavenBesideYou
06-14-2007, 06:31 AM
June 14th

"Function over form."

God created us with different gifts. Engineers who work for the glory of God design machines that make life easier. The Lord also created artists, who make life more pleasant by creating beautiful things for the glory of God and the enjoyment of others.

When we think of art in worship, we usually think of music. But other art forms have long had a role in glorifying God. The calling of Bezalel demonstrates God’s regard for fine art ( Ex. 35:30-35 ). God commissioned him to beautify the first official place of worship: the tabernacle. God’s purpose for the arts is “to glorify God and to manifest beauty.”

[The Lord] has filled him with the Spirit of God... to design artistic works.

Exodus 35:31-32

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
06-15-2007, 06:23 AM
June 15th

"Don't walk alone."

We were created to live with and for one another. When we think the universe revolves around us, we upset God's intended order. Our goal in life should be to reach out to as many of God's children as we possibly can. When we learn to walk with others, we have learned to walk with God.

The stouthearted are spoiled, they have slept their sleep: and none of the men of might have found their hands.

Psalm 76:5

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
06-16-2007, 08:50 AM
June 16th

"Compassion."

Not pity, not anger, not shame, not impatience, not intolerance, not rejection, but compassion is what God, my Father, gives to me. He cares for my pain enough to enter into my world and share it in Jesus.

As a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him.

Psalm 103:13

Heaven

HeavensOnFire
06-17-2007, 09:19 AM
THOUGH THE LORD BE HIGH YET HE HATH RESPECT UNTO THE LOWLEY BUT THE PROUD HE KNOWETH A FAR OFF THOUGH I Walk In The Midst Of Trouble thou wilt revive me thou shalt strech forth thy hand Against the wrath of my enemies And Thy Right Hand Shall Save Me The Lord Will Perfect That WHICH CONCERNETH ME THE MERCY OH LORD ENDURETH FOREVER FORSAKE NOT THE WORKS OF THINE HANDS, psalm 138...SWEET JEHOVHA GOD OUR LORD IS A FAITHFULL GOD, TO HIM ALONE BELONGS THE GLORY :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

HeavenBesideYou
06-17-2007, 09:44 AM
Father's Day 2007

I can't help but think of what James, Jesus' brothers said: "Pure religion, undefiled before God the Father is this: keep oneself undefiled and care for orphans and widows in their distress." Jesus showed clearly this was the Father's heart in his ministry.

Sing to God, sing praise to his name, extol him who rides on the clouds -- his name is the Lord -- and rejoice before him. A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling.

Psalm 68:4-5

Father, may my life, my compassion, and my ministry reflect your heart for those who need care and protection and love. Amen...

Have a great Father's Day gang!!!

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
06-18-2007, 06:23 AM
June 18th

"On your own."

Perhaps we give God too much credit for being active in our lives. There are some things He wants us to handle on our own. We need to take the things Christ teaches and use them in our relationships, our actions, our lives. God is with us to comfort us when we fail and to celebrate with us when we triumph, but He still allows us to make our own choices. He will not make the world work our way just because we think He should.

Hath God forgotten to be gracious? Hath he in anger shut up his tender mercies?

Psalm 77:9

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
06-19-2007, 06:08 AM
June 19th

"Why we love."

For husbands, there is sacrificial love in our purpose and purpose in our sacrifice. We give up ourselves to love our wives. But Jesus is the example here, and he gave up everything. His purpose? Simply to make us holy. Our motives are to be equally as sacrificial and pure in surrendering our rights to bless and love our wives.

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her to make her holy.

Ephesians 5:25-26

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
06-20-2007, 06:29 AM
June 20th

"Life is a story."

It is a parable we live through day by day. Just as a parable has a hidden meaning, so, too, the events of our daily living have significance and deeper meanings. Our present and our past are important components of who we are. We like to hold onto the past, and we strive to make the present the best it can be. God, the greatest storyteller of all, is a part of our past and our present. He can shape our parable for us if we will let Him.

I will open my mouth in a parable: I will utter dark sayings of old.

Psalm 78:2

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
06-21-2007, 06:12 AM
June 21st

"I long to live in your presence."

How good it is to be as close to God as his shadow and share in the comfort of his shelter. He is not far if our hearts choose to draw near him.

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

Psalm 91:1

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
06-22-2007, 06:16 AM
June 22nd

"Represent yo'..."

A U.S. ambassador resides in a foreign country and yet lives on U.S. owned property. Though the laws of that land may differ from ours, the ambassador is still responsible to uphold the laws and rules of his own government. His words and actions can never be wholly his for he does not act in his own capacity. When he speaks, he is a messenger for his government. When he acts, his deeds reflect on the country he represents. We are Christ's ambassadors and therefore his messengers. Too often we think that the message we preach reflects our faith. However, on a much deeper level it is the message of our everyday words and actions that are influential. We are the letter from God that people read. We become unreliable messengers when we speak crudely, gossip about a neighbor, or act dishonestly and fail to represent...

Our words and actions reflect God, who lives inside us, to people who never open a Bible or enter a church. Never forget that you are an ambassador for Christ and a messenger of hope.

An unreliable messenger stumbles into trouble, but a reliable messenger brings healing.

Proverbs 13:17

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
06-23-2007, 08:23 AM
June 23rd

"A struggle between God's goodness and man's badness!"

God wants us to truly appreciate what we have before we go asking for more. He gives good things to His children, and He is willing to give abundantly, but He desires us to learn the real meaning of thankfulness.

All they did was sin even more,
rebel in the desert against the High God.
They tried to get their own way with God,
clamored for favors, for special attention.
They whined like spoiled children,
"Why can't God give us a decent meal in this desert?
Sure, he struck the rock and the water flowed,
creeks cascaded from the rock.
But how about some fresh-baked bread?
How about a nice cut of meat?"

Psalm 78:17-20

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
06-24-2007, 10:08 AM
June 24th

"Control issues?"

More times than not, the need to control our children comes from the false belief that our identity and worth derives from how well our children behave. Think it through: If your worth comes from something outside yourself, your tendency is to control the people and factors on which your worth is based. Look at sick dictators like Adolf Hitler and Saddam Hussein who control their subjects through ruthless force and intimidation.

There is no one more insecure than a controller, because he labors under the false belief that the external affairs of this world are determining who he is, not God and his response to Him. If your identity is in Christ and your heart is set on being the person God wants you to be, nobody can block that goal but you.

The fruit of the Spirit is... self-control

Galatians 5:22, 23

Heaven

HeavensOnFire
06-24-2007, 12:29 PM
June 21st

"I long to live in your presence."

How good it is to be as close to God as his shadow and share in the comfort of his shelter. He is not far if our hearts choose to draw near him.

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

Psalm 91:1

Heaven

:pimp: OH DRAW ME NEAR, GLORY TO GOD

HeavenBesideYou
06-25-2007, 06:47 AM
June 25th

"Stressed?"

The number of ways people try to deal with serious stresses in life are as numerous as there are people. Having a drink. Blaming God. Stuffing ourselves with food. Keeping our feelings inside. Blaming others. These responses might calm us, but they’re just a temporary means of escaping our problems. No product we reach for can take them away. In Psalm 55, King David described his desire to escape from his difficulties: “My heart is severely pained within me... Oh, that I had wings like a dove! I would fly away and be at rest”. After the betrayal of his friend and counselor Ahithophel, who had gone to help his enemy, David wanted to get away.

Remember... when we put our cares into God’s hands, He puts His peace into our hearts.

Oh, that I had wings like a dove! I would fly away and be at rest.

Psalm 55:6

Heaven

HeavensOnFire
06-25-2007, 08:17 AM
GLORY TO GOD, brother i dont have much time here this morning, a lot of members Are more in likley saying PRAISE GOD HAAAAA, but to examine many issuies who ever you are few chosen seeker or back slider just about from any walk , BEFORE HIS BEAUTIFUL TOUCH CAN take our issuies and make theme his own WE HAVE TO TRUST HIM 100 PERCENT WITH, Theme, u cant say well im going give 35 percent To God and oh i,ll just take of the rest myself , GLORY TO GOD, the more we try to take on ourselfs the more we will need him AMEN awsome post david GOD BLESS YOU Brother

HeavenBesideYou
06-26-2007, 06:50 AM
June 26th

"It's not easy loving unlovable people."

Some people do such terrible things. King David looked at evil men and felt nothing but contempt. Why should evil men prosper while good men struggled just to get by? Why should hateful women get their hearts' desires while virtuous women could hardly lift their heads? David wrestled with God's justice throughout his lifetime.

It is difficult to remember that God's justice plays itself out in eternity, not just in our lifetime. In the end of times, righteous people will prevail, while the evil are left out in the cold. You may not like it now, but keep in mind that one day each of us will receive exactly what he deserves.

Pour out thy wrath upon the heathen that have not known thee, and upon the kingdoms that have not called upon thy name.

Psalm 79:6

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
06-27-2007, 06:25 AM
June 27th

"Sorrow, shown by the greatest example."

The story of Lazarus's death and resurrection contains a profound teaching about sorrow. When Jesus arrived and was taken to the graveside, he wept openly. Onlookers were impressed with the power of his grief and immediately recognized it as an indication of his great love: "See how much he loved him," they said.

The tears Jesus shed that day forever validate the experience of human sorrow and grief. Even though we have the hope of resurrection and we know that for the believer physical death is not the final word, our tears and sorrow are appropriate and good. How comforting to know that God himself is willing to walk the way of sorrow with us! Is there any sorrow that you have been unable to express fully? You can share it with the Lord, for he understands your grief fully.

Then Jesus wept. The people who were standing nearby said, "See how much he loved him [Lazarus]."

John 11:35-36

But as they came closer to Jerusalem and Jesus saw the city ahead, he began to cry.

"I wish that even today you would find the way of peace. But now it is too late, and peace is hidden from you. Before long your enemies will build ramparts against your walls and encircle you and close in on you. They will crush you to the ground, and your children with you. Your enemies will not leave a single stone in lace, because you have rejected the opportunity God offered you."

Luke 19:41-44

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
06-28-2007, 06:38 AM
June 28th

"What could you ever trade your soul for?"

The key to life is letting go of ourselves and receiving Jesus. Please don't forget to relinquish your life to the one who gave up his own life. When we lose our life to him, we can have it back forever with him.

Spoken by Jesus: "...whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it."

Matthew 16:25

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
06-29-2007, 06:45 AM
June 29th

"Are you regular?"

In 1 Samuel 15 the Bible tells how King Saul disobeyed the Lord's command to completely destroy the enemies and their livestock. When Samuel asked the king why he heard the beating of sheep and the lowing of cattle, Saul basically replied, "Oh, right, thanks for reminding me. We're saving those to offer to the Lord later!"

Samuel recognized a lie when he heard one and replied, "To obey is better than sacrifice, and to heed is better than the fat of rams"... God wants the same from us, not some great annual recommitment that we soon break. He wants consistency. Regularity. Faithfulness. He wants our obedience.

But Samuel replied [to Saul], "What is more pleasing to the Lord, your burnt offerings and sacrifices or your obedience to his voice? Obedience is far better than sacrifice. Listening to him is much better than offering the fat of rams. Rebelling is as bad as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as bad as worshiping idols.

1 Samuel 15:22-23

If you love me, obey my commandments.… You are my friends if you obey me.

John 14:15; 15:14

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
06-30-2007, 07:18 AM
June 30th

"Countercultural Obedience."

To speak positively of obedience today is be profoundly countercultural. The valid suspicion of talk about obedience is grounded in the experience of authoritarianisms, both past and present. Obedience is confused with "blind obedience," which is normally odious. Obedience is confused with conformity, with going along, with asking no questions. But obedience really means responsiveness; it is related to the Latin audire, to hear, to listen, to respond appropriately. Obedience is not the surrender of responsibility but the acceptance of responsibility for what we respond to and how.

Richard John Neuhaus

Today I am giving you the choice between a blessing and a curse! You will be blessed if you obey the commands of the Lord your God that I am giving you today. You will receive a curse if your reject the commands of the Lord your God and turn from his way by worshipping foreign gods.

Deuteronomy 11:26-28

If you will obey me and keep my covenant, you will be my own special treasure from among all nations of the earth; for all the earth belongs to me.

Exodus 19:5

"Those who obey my commandments are the ones who love me. And because they love me, my Father will love them, and I will love them."

John 14:21

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
07-01-2007, 08:30 AM
July 1st

"Solid foundation."

Believers who build their lives on a solid foundation are like the man whom a reporter found in the aftermath of Hurricane Andrew. Amid the devastation and debris, one house still stood firm on its foundation. The owner was cleaning up when the reporter approached him. "Sir, why is your house the only one still standing?" the reporter asked.

"I built this house myself," the man replied. "I built it according to the Florida state building code. I was told that a house built according to code could withstand a hurricane. I did, and it did! I suppose no one else around here followed the code."

If you have built your life on Jesus Christ and His teaching, you will stand when the storms of life hit. If you are not merely a hearer but a doer of the His Word, you will endure. The true Christian, the one who has built his or her life on the right foundation, will stand the test!

Oh, the joys of those who do not follow the advice of the wicked, or stand around with sinners, or join in with scoffers. But they delight in doing everything the Lord wants; day and night they think about his law. They are like trees planted along the riverbank, bearing fruit each season without fail. Their leaves never wither, and in all they do, they prosper.

Psalm 1:1-3

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
07-02-2007, 06:19 AM
July 2nd

"The best weapons."

The faith of the Thessalonian believers was being tried by persecution. Undoubtedly some of them were wavering, even failing, as the surrounding evil put them to the test. This was an important time for Paul to remind them that, no matter what happened, God's faithfulness would prevail over evil and strengthen them so that they could endure.

Determined to destroy our faith by leading us into sin and discouragement, Satan attacks with blatant temptation and deceptive lies. The best weapons for this warfare are the Word of God and prayer.

Finally, dear brothers and sisters, I ask you to pray for us. Pray first that the Lord's message will spread rapidly and be honored wherever it goes, just as when it came to you. Pray, too, that we will be saved from wicked and evil people, for not everyone believes in the Lord. But the Lord is faithful; he will make you strong and guard you from the evil one... May the Lord bring you into an ever deeper understanding of the love of God and the endurance that comes from Christ.

2 Thessalonians 3:1-5

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
07-03-2007, 06:23 AM
July 3rd

"Carving love."

The wood carver who made himself a son out of a stump of a tree did so out of love. He wanted someone to love and care for, to teach and to guide, to spend time with and to share with. Pinocchio was the answer to the prayers of a lonely old man. In the end, the old man's love brought the boy made of wood to life.

God carved for Himself men and women to be with Him forever. He filled them with good things. He made them to love, and care, and learn, and grow. He fashioned them out of clay, then He made them as He was. He made us just less than Himself. He calls us gods and children, the greatest of all His creation. In God's eyes, we are sacred and good. Let us do everything we can to live up to His holy expectations.

I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

Psalm 82:6

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
07-04-2007, 08:41 AM
"Independence Day 2007!"

The fireworks lit up the Independence Day night sky. Children watched wide-eyed, and parents exclaimed appropriately at each burst. The town echoed with the booming blasts of each rocket. The show was spectacular, and everyone had a good time. A few even remembered why the celebration took place. Some remembered that the fireworks represented all the bombs that had burst for freedom. A handful walked away from the celebration with a hope beating in their breasts. The hope was that there would come a time when no more bombs would burst, when no one would have to live in fear for their lives. Some hoped for a day when peace would rule the land.

Some fear is healthy. It brings us to our senses and forces us to look at things with a level head. War is a terrible thing. It breaks down and destroys. God wants us to consider well the consequences of war. What we do to one another, He will not undo. Perhaps a fear of the Lord would bring us to our senses. Maybe we would then realize where we stand, and we would choose to stand closer to God.

As the fire burneth a wood, and as the flame setteth the mountains on fire; So persecute them with thy tempest, and make them afraid with thy storm.

Psalm 83: 14, 15

Have a safe and happy 4th gang! Remember in prayer those who have and are risking their all allowing us as a nation to have the lives we have and the freedoms we enjoy, and do watch those fingers!!!

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
07-05-2007, 06:22 AM
July 5th

"Bless those who share the Gospel afar."

It is wrong to think God's love for the nations began only with Jesus and the Great Commission. Remember Jonah's preaching to save Israel's great enemy, Nineveh? Remember the precious story of Ruth? God loves all people and wants them to come to share in his grace. As Christians, we are his salt and light, here to touch all the people of the world and beckon them to come back to the Father who loves them.

Give thanks to the Lord, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done and proclaim that his name is exalted.

Isaiah 12:4

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
07-06-2007, 06:03 AM
July 6th

"Not the real thing."

Wickedness, when you examine it, turns out to be the pursuit of some good in the wrong way. You can be good for the mere sake of goodness; you cannot be bad for the mere sake of badness. You can do a kind action when you are not feeling kind and when it gives you no pleasure, simply because kindness is right; but no one ever did a cruel action simply because cruelty was wrong, only because cruelty was pleasant or useful to him. In other words, badness cannot succeed even in being bad in the same way in which goodness is good. Goodness is, so to speak, itself; badness is only spoiled goodness... Evil is a parasite, not an original thing.

~C. S. Lewis in Mere Christianity

Be careful! Watch out for attacks from the Devil, your great enemy. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for some victim to devour. Take a firm stand against him, and be strong in your faith. Remember that your Christian brothers and sisters all over the world are going through the same kind of suffering you are.

1 Peter 5:8-9

So humble yourselves before God. Resist the Devil, and he will flee from you. Draw close to God, and God will draw close to you.

James 4:7-8

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
07-07-2007, 08:39 AM
July 7th

"My strength and shield."

A shield whose word can be trusted. But we must take refuge in him if his flawless word for us is to be a blessing and his presence a shield.

As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the Lord is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in him.

Psalm 18:30

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
07-08-2007, 09:51 AM
July 8th

"A good example."

One of the best ways we can honor our Lord is to pay attention and be careful. Other people see the way we live our lives, and if we are sloppy and sinful, we can hardly hope to make others see the benefits of being Christian. Once we have been touched by the saving grace of God, we need to pay attention and live as careful a life a possible.

Surely his salvation is nigh them that fear him; that glory may dwell in our land.

Psalm 85:9

Heaven

HeavensOnFire
07-08-2007, 12:34 PM
June 20th

"Life is a story."

It is a parable we live through day by day. Just as a parable has a hidden meaning, so, too, the events of our daily living have significance and deeper meanings. Our present and our past are important components of who we are. We like to hold onto the past, and we strive to make the present the best it can be. God, the greatest storyteller of all, is a part of our past and our present. He can shape our parable for us if we will let Him.

I will open my mouth in a parable: I will utter dark sayings of old.

Psalm 78:2

Heaven

:pimp: MATT 13 ,34,35 All these things spoke jesus UNTO THE MULTITUDE IN PARABLES AND WITHOUT A PARABLE:) BRAVE OUR KING WAS without a parable Spake he not unto theme, THAT IT MIGHT BE FULFILLED WHICH WAS SPOKEN BY THE PROPHET SAYING I WILL UTTER THINGS WHICH HAVE BEEN KEPT SECRET FROM THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD, :) GLORY TO GOD,

HeavensOnFire
07-08-2007, 12:45 PM
July 7th

"My strength and shield."

A shield whose word can be trusted. But we must take refuge in him if his flawless word for us is to be a blessing and his presence a shield.

As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the Lord is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in him.

Psalm 18:30

Heaven

PRAISE JESUS, :bounce: FOR THESE WORDS, I THIRST I THIRST, every warrior knoweth that even the word becomes AS NOT AS UPLIFTING AND REFRESHING AS IT ONCE DID, GLORY TO GOD WE MUST REMAIN IN THE WARRIORS SUIT OH THE BULLET PROOF VEST WHICH IS THE ENTIRE ARMOUR OF GOD FOR HE IS ARMOUR AND OUR BUCKLER AND OUR DEFENCE

HeavenBesideYou
07-09-2007, 06:13 AM
July 9th

"Dream big dreams for God."

Of all the names for God in the Bible, this is my favorite: Him who is able to do immeasurably more. Our God is the same God who parted the Red Sea and fed 5,000 on a green hillside with only a couple of sardine sandwiches. He longs to do more than we ask and imagine, but most of us haven't really given him much of a challenge.

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

Ephesians 3:20-21

Dream big dreams for God. Then hang on!

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
07-10-2007, 06:15 AM
July 10th

"Power and presence."

God made the world in 6 days. Now he sustains it with his powerful word. But in each of us, he is still at work and will continue to work to his glory until Christ comes to take us home!

For God is my record, how greatly I long after you all in the bowels of Jesus Christ.

And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment;

That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ.

Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

Philippians 1:8-11

He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

Philippians 1:6

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
07-11-2007, 06:30 AM
July 11th

"Entirely dependable."

A hot morning shower, a fresh cup of coffee. The lights in your kitchen and bathroom. What would you do if you were deprived of the basics of your dependable morning routine? Many of us would start shutting down. It's easy to take hot water and electricity for granted. The same is true of faithful love. It's easy to take for granted the person who is always there to listen to your problems. It's easy to take for granted the person you run to when you're frustrated or in trouble. It's even easier to take for granted God's faithful care for you and your family. Every day God sustains the world in which we move and live. He provides food, clothing, and opportunities for employment. Most important, he showers love and concern on us every day. Our God is a faithful God. He is entirely dependable.

That same type of faithful and dependable love is the foundation of every strong relationship. Love is cheap if it's given only when things are going fine. Our love for others must be consistent and dependable.

To the faithful you show yourself faithful; to those with integrity you show integrity. To the pure you show yourself pure, but to the wicked you show yourself hostile. You rescue those who are humble... As for God, his way is perfect. All the Lord's promises prove true...

Psalm 18:25-27,30

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
07-12-2007, 06:23 AM
July 12th

"Hunger for The Word."

Like Esau, we get so diverted by the mundane things of life, the growling of our bellies, we forget the longer-range view of things. God's word, his written word the Bible, his demonstrated Word in Jesus, and his proclaimed word in the Gospel, are what can sustain us eternally.

Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'"

Matthew 4:4

Heaven

HeavensOnFire
07-12-2007, 01:28 PM
GLORY TO GOD, david that sounded so good my brother i wanna YELL IT AGAIN HAAAAAAAAA DRUGS OR JESUS!!! MAN SHALL NOT LIVE BY BREAD ALONE BUT EVERYWORD THATS EVERYWORD THAT PROCEEDS FROM THE MOUTH OF GOD, AND Thats A Lot GLORY TO GOD, And The Word Also Teaches Us COME UNTO ME ALL THAT OUR HEAVEY BURDEN AND I WILL GIVE THEE REST GLORY TO GOD, A LOT REQUIRES A LOT AND SO HEAVEY IS THE BURDEN OF HIS PRECIOUS WORD Oh GLORYYYYYYYYYYYYYY As we get a vison of what it was like for moses crawling in the desert AND EVEN TO THAT HE LIVED GLORY HAAAAAAAAAAA BY FORSAKEN LAND FAMILY AND RICHES GLORYYYYYYYYYYYYYY i can see him crawling there so alone AND WE REACHING HIM BURNING AS A FIERY BUSH That He Would SOOOOOON MET GLORY I WONT LEAVE THEE NOR WILL I FORSAKE THEE

HeavenBesideYou
07-13-2007, 06:46 AM
July 13th

"You are glorious!"

When Jesus is exalted, when his name is praised and his glory confessed, rather than being insulted or blasphemed, God is honored. Praise be the glorious name of Jesus and the grace of our God!

God exalted him (Jesus) to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every other name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Philippians 2:9-11

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
07-14-2007, 09:53 AM
July 14th

"Poverty level."

To be poor means that something is lacking from our life.

The Bible focuses primarily on two kinds of poverty: People who are in need of basic necessities (like food and clothing) and people who are in need of God (for they lack the Holy Spirit's presence in their life). We are called and commanded to help both of these kinds of people as much as we possibly can.

Oh, the joys of those who are kind to the poor. The Lord rescues them in times of trouble. The Lord protects them and keeps them alive. He gives them prosperity and rescues them from their enemies. The Lord nurses them when they are sick and eases their pain and discomfort.

Psalm 41:1-3

He will rescue the poor when they cry to him, he will help the oppressed, who have no one to defend them. He feels pity for the weak and the needy, and he will rescue them. He will save them from oppression and from violence, for their lives are precious to him.

Psalm 72:12-14

A greedy person tries to get rich quick, but it only leads to poverty. Greed causes fighting; trusting in the Lord leads to prosperity. Whoever gives to the poor will lack nothing. But a curse will come upon those who close their eyes to poverty.

Proverbs 28:22,25,27

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
07-15-2007, 09:18 AM
July 15th

"God; boring and irrelevant?"

Isn't it true! When we find ourselves caught in the clutches of the moral filth of our culture, we find the word of God boring and irrelevant. Yet even in those moments when Satan uses sin to harden our hearts, God's Spirit calls us to change at a level deeper than just the mere understanding of the words of Scripture. Thank God for his Spirit, which can use his word like a surgeons scalpel on our hearts.

Get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you.

James 1:21

Heaven

HeavensOnFire
07-15-2007, 12:49 PM
yes indeed brother your post on that topic could take on an entire thread with many scriptures pertaning to the spirt OF THE TRUE GOD, which im not much of teacher AT ALL, the word is a buffet and a drink OF HIS DIVINE SPIRT and when most people read it in the moral and in the flesh its pretty much BLAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, and we,ve got a lot of folks a lot trying to take from the bible add on to bible and find those mysteries WELL I GOT NEWS THE GREAT NEWS AINT GOING HAPPEN, u can make it sound good u can dig up stuff on false prophets that the bible has never made mention of and say its been kept secret AND U FOUND IT GLORY TO GOD IT STILL AINT GOING HAPPEN U Can Make Up Another Story For Hollywood TO DRAG HIS MOST HIGH NAME THROUGH FALSE LIFES AND LIES AGAINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN IT AINT GOING WORK, GLORY TO GOD, thats why it best to pray before we read the bible and if u dont anyway SOONER OR LATER IT WILL COME BACK TO YA THOSE WORDS NEVER GO OUT IN VOID, IN THE BEGINNING GOD created THE HEAVEN AND THE EART AND THE EARTH WAS OUT FORM AND VOID IN DARKNESS and some times without his life THATS EXCALTY HOW WE FIRST RECIEVE THE WORD CAN I PLEASE GET AMEN!!!! OH GLORY TO GOD, i need a tissue AND DARKNESS WAS UPON THE FACE OF THE DEEP as deep as the word is itself AND THE SPIRT OG GOD MOVED UPON THE FACE OF THE WATERS, HIS SPIRT WHICH IS THE BREAD WHICH IS THE WATER WHICH IS THE BLOOD WHICH IS THE TRUTH THE WAY AND THE LIFE, GLORY TO GOD, GEN, 1 1,2

HeavenBesideYou
07-16-2007, 06:33 AM
July 16th

"God lives here!"

If you had known Jesus' address in Nazareth along about A.D. 20, you could have gone to that house and said, "God lives here!" The doctrine of Jesus as fully God and fully man, fully God and yet having emptied himself of all of his divine privilege, is nearly impossible to fully understand, but is the awesome reality of Grace. God chose to be like us because we could not be like him. So in Jesus, God came to us so we could be given his fullness.

In Christ, all the fullness of the Deity lives bodily form, and you have been given fullness in Christ, who is the head over every power and authority.

Colossians 2:9-10

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
07-17-2007, 06:44 AM
July 17th

"Magic?"

No matter where the children were, they heard it. It called them from their homework, their play, their naps, their chores. In an instant, heads came up, slightly cocked, in order to hear the speaker repeat that magic song... The ice cream man! No greater sound could be found. From every corner of the neighborhood, children with beaming faces were drawn magically to the ice cream truck.

When the voice of the Lord calls out to us, may we respond to it with the same childlike glee that our youngsters demonstrate at the approach of the ice cream man. May the name of the Lord bring joy to our hearts and smiles to our faces.

Blessed is the people that know the joyful sound: they shall walk, O Lord, in the light of thy countenance.

Psalm 89:15

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
07-18-2007, 06:23 AM
July 18th

"Praise."

Praise is integrally connected with our character. So for us to worship God, the intent of our heart and the effort of our life must show forth a determined desire to know and live his will. While we will never do this perfectly, grace covers us. But grace must never be used as a pretense to excuse spiritual laziness or intentional weakness.

I will praise you with an upright heart as I learn your righteous laws.

Psalm 119:7

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
07-19-2007, 06:22 AM
July 19th

"Almighty and Eternal Father."

Fear saps our will power and leaves us feeling depleted and hopeless. Yet very few of us have ever experienced a defeat so complete and bitter as the one God's people faced when Isaiah shared this message of hope. The preservation of Israel to the time of Jesus, the resurrection of Jesus from the dead, the triumph of the Church through centuries of persecution and opposition are powerful reminders that underneath us are the everlasting arms of a mighty and loving God.

[The Lord says,] "Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

Isaiah 41:10

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
07-20-2007, 06:24 AM
July 20th

"The works of hand and heart."

Within each of us is a wellspring of beauty that comes from God above. How we express it varies from person to person, but it is there, nonetheless. Reach deep into your soul and share the wealth of beauty buried there. To do so is to share God.

And let the beauty of the Lord our God be upon us: and establish thou the work of our hands upon us; yea, the work of our hands establish thou it.

Psalm 90:17

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
07-21-2007, 06:31 AM
July 21st

"Pick up your cross."

Jesus reminded us to "pick up your cross daily and follow" him. The way of truth is a daily choice. To not choose God's way, to not intentionally seek to put him at the center of our life and as the top priority in all of our decisions, is to slip a little bit further away from the life he calls us to lead. Lack of a decision is a decision to not follow.

I have chosen the way of truth; I have set my heart on your laws.

Psalm 119:30

"If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice..."

Rush

Heaven

HeavensOnFire
07-22-2007, 08:54 AM
:) john 15,13,14, this is my commandment that ye love one another as i have loved you greater love hath no man than this that man lay down his life for his friends ye are my friends if ye do whatsoever i command you to do, and 15 henceforth i call you not servants for the servant knoweth what his lord doeth but i have called you friends FOR ALL THINGS THAT I HAVE HEARD OF MY FATHER I HAVE MADE KNOWN UNTO YOU YE HAVE NOT CHOSEN ME BUT I HAVE CHOSEN YOU, and on brother david it reads and ordained you that ye should go and bring forth fruit and that your fruit should remain that whatsoever ye shall ask of the father in my name he may give it to you and all these things i command you that YE LOVE ONE ANOTHER, BUT AS WE CARRY ARE CROSS TODAY OR SECOND OR THIRD Haaaaa, do we stop and think about his needs ARE FOLLOW A SIGN SEEKING GENARATION GLORY TO GOD AND LIVE BY FEAR AND NOT BY TRUTH , GLORY TO GOD ALL THROUGH THE BIBLE YOU JESUS REQUIRED A LOT OF NEEDS AND A LOT REQUIRES A LOT AS UNTO LAYING YOUR LIFE DOWN FOR YOUR BEST FRIEND AND FORSAKING ALL OTHERS I,ll Never Forget Those Precious Words FOLLOW ME AND Ur Right Brother when we choose to lay down our cross we forget how to follow THAT WILL AND THAT PLAN OF OUR PRECIOUS ALMIGHTY, HIS NEEDS, he Needed A Chosen Woman To give Him Life He Needed A A Chosen Donkey To Ride Him To His Birth Place HE NEEDED THE STAR OF DAVID TO SHINE SO BRIGHTBRIGHTER THAN ANY OTHER TO SHOW THE WISE MEN THE WAY THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE GLORY TO GOD HE NEEDED JOHN TO BABTISE HIM HE NEEDED FRIENDS TO WHATCH AND PRAY WITH HIM HE NEEDED SOMEONE TO HELP HIM CARRY HIS CROSS, And Uplifting words such as we have not very much farther to go my lord, GLORY TO GOD, i know of a friend who was in trouble and awoke me in the night whatches and night sweats And i called and i said i cant get to u right now OH GLORYYYYYYYYYY But I WILL WHATCH AND I WILL PRAY as the sitution changes AND PEACE WONT BE FAR FROM THEE B/c HE IS UNDER THE DESTROYER BECAUSE AS WE CALL AND KNOW GLORY TO GOD THOSE TO STONES WERE NOT MADE IN TO BREAD, GLORY AND HE DID NOT TRADE HELL FOR PARADISE,

HeavenBesideYou
07-22-2007, 09:36 AM
July 22nd

"There is no other name under heaven that can save us ( Acts 4:12 )."

We are to confess Jesus before others, and when we do we are assured that he confesses us before the Father in heaven. We may not know all the theological import behind those words after all, Peter didn't at the time, but we can make a commitment to know him and follow him until we do.

"What about you?" Jesus asked. "Who do you say that I am?" Simon Peter answered, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God."

Matthew 16:15-16

Heaven

HeavensOnFire
07-22-2007, 11:01 AM
hope yours is off to a perky start GLORYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY lets back that up to 13, unto peters confession of FAITH, AS TO GOD HIS FATHER AND CREATOR Our Precious LORD AND SAVIOUR Took The Blood And The Gifts Of Many Prophets WHO CAME BEFORE THE NAZARINE GLORY TO GOD BUT NOT ONE EXCEPT FOR THE NAME THATS ABOVE ALL NAMES JESUS AND EVERY KNEE SHALL BAWL AND EVERY TOUNGE CONFESS THAT JESUS CHRIST IS KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS, THERE WAS NO OTHER BEFORE OR AFTER HIM NOBODY COULD FUFILL THE SHOES HE WALKED IN NOR GET CLOSE, TO THE WALK HE ENDURED AND SUFFERED, AND THESE PRPOHETS WE LEARN FROM AND WRITE THEIR TESTIMONIES UPON HEARTS BUT NONE OF THEME CAN SAVE YOU GLORY ONLY JESUS SAVES MY FRIEND now when jesus came into the coast of caesarea philippi he asked his disiples saying whom do men say that i the son of man am ? and they said some say that thou art john the babtist some elias and others jeremias or one of the prophets. he saith unto theme but whom say ye that i,am and simon said peter anwsered and said thou art the christ the son of the living God blessed art thou simom for flesh and blood hath not revealed it UNTO THEE but my father which is heaven and i say also unto thee that thou art peter and upon this rock i will bulid my church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it and i will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven,

HeavenBesideYou
07-23-2007, 06:24 AM
July 23rd

"Love the unloved."

Jesus' love for children, in an age when they weren't highly regarded, is a powerful reminder of God's love for the worlds often abused or abandons. We are called to love the unloved, the forgotten, the abused and neglected. Why? Because that is what Israel was in Egypt and that is what Jesus was at Calvary and that is what we were without grace ( Romans 5:6-11 ). How can we claim to know salvation and not share it with others who need that grace!?

Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

Matthew 19:14

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
07-24-2007, 06:27 AM
July 24th

"Generosity."

gen·er·os·i·ty

–noun, plural -ties.

jen-uh-ros-i-tee

Generosity is love expressed in practical ways with joy. Generosity and justice needed in our selfish world. They come from a heart touched by grace.

Good will come to him who is generous and lends freely, who conducts his affairs with justice.

Psalm 112:5

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
07-25-2007, 06:30 AM
July 25th

"Obedience."

Obedience is faith put into practice. Without action, our faith is not real, James 2 reminds us. So without arguing, let's quickly obey, even when we don't fully understand why, because we've seen God's love demonstrated to us in Jesus and we've seen the protection that his will has for us when we obey him.

I will hasten and not delay to obey your commands.

Psalm 119:60

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
07-26-2007, 06:06 AM
July 26th

"Prayer brings us to His presence."

Psalm 118 pictures a victorious yet battle-weary king at the helm of a throng of grateful people entering the gates of the temple to thank God for saving them. During those times the temple represented God's presence, the place where followers would go to pray to the Lord. Today, we enter into God's presence in a car, at work, or in the aisles of a grocery store, wherever we take time to pray to him. We can be sure God hears our prayers and answers each one wherever and whenever they are uttered. And by doing so, he gives us even more reasons to pray.

Just like the victorious king in this psalm, we should enter God's presence by thanking him for answering prayers.

Open for me the gates where the righteous enter; and I will go in and thank the Lord. Those gates lead to the presence of the Lord, and the godly enter there. I thank you for answering my prayer and saving me!

Psalm 118:19-21

The Lord is close to all who call on him, yes, to all who call on him sincerely.

Psalm 145:18

Because of Christ and our faith in him, we can now come fearlessly into God's presence, assured of his glad welcome.

Ephesians 3:12

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
07-27-2007, 06:09 AM
July 27th

"Dabbling in sin?"

Like the great heroes of the Bible, both big and small, we can do God's work with confidence. But to boldly go where he wants us to go, we must first be willing to let go of the sins (big and small) that entangles our lives, distort our vision, and rob us of spiritual vitality and stamina.

Since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.

Hebrews 12:1

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
07-28-2007, 06:26 AM
July 28th

"The Christian Walk."

The way to walk a tightrope is to keep one's sight on the goal, not on the ground or what is behind. The way to walk with Jesus is to keep our eyes on the goal, his victory waiting for us when he returns, not on the ground (our failures) and not what is behind (our accomplishments). The goal of the Christian walk is to keep walking toward Jesus until we walk with him in heaven.

I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 3:14

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
07-29-2007, 10:47 AM
July 29th

"Accepting advice."

The degree to which people will listen is determined by the degree to which we have wise counsel for them. If you want people to listen to you, you yourself must listen to the right adviser. Like Samuel, listen to the Lord's counsel, read his Word and hear what he says. There is no wiser counselor than he who knows every moment of every tomorrow and knows how you will fit into those moments.

My child, listen to me and treasure my instructions. Tune your ears to wisdom, and concentrate on understanding. Cry out for insight and understanding. Search for them as you would for lost money or hidden treasure. Then you will understand what it means to fear the Lord, and you will gain knowledge of God. For the Lord grants wisdom! From his mouth come knowledge and understanding. He grants a treasure of good sense to the godly. He is their shield, protecting those who walk with integrity.

Proverbs 2:1-7

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
07-30-2007, 06:40 AM
July 30th

"That's okay... I am neutral?"

Our life can not be neutral. We will either point others away from God or show them that allegiance to God is important. Let's make an extra effort today to shine the light of God's holiness and grace in all we do and say.

[Jesus said] “You are the light of the world. Let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.”

Matthew 5:14-16

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
07-31-2007, 06:10 AM
July 31st

"God speaks to all of us."

As our Good Shepherd, Jesus promises that we can hear and know His voice. This does not, however, have to be some mysterious, mystical process. In fact, you may be surprised to learn that God speaks to you quite often. I would venture to say He has spoken to you lately and may be speaking to you right now in some way.

God speaks to us through His Word. God will never lead us contrary to His written Word. It is our litmus test, our bedrock, our absolute.

God speaks to us through circumstances. Those circumstances can include failure. Jonah certainly heard God through his mistake. God may even speak to us through tragedy or hardship. C. S. Lewis wrote that, "God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our conscience, but shouts in our pains. It is His megaphone to arouse a deaf world."

God speaks to us through His peace. When we live in God's will, we enjoy His peace. Do you need God to make a crucial call in your life? Then listen for His peace.

And once we have heard God's voice, what should we do? We must follow. Jesus calls, we respond. He whispers, we move. We follow, and then we keep on listening.

"My sheep recognize my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish."

John 10:27-28

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
08-01-2007, 06:26 AM
August 1st

"Reflect His graciousness."

We are pushed by our culture, and often by our own greed, to look for an angle, to get the upper hand, to try to use others for our own benefit. We are reminded today that our benefit is only found when we benefit and bless others.

Good will come to him who is generous and lends freely, who conducts his affairs with justice.

Psalm 112:5

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
08-02-2007, 06:37 AM
August 2nd

"True?"

What we know and even what we believe are not that significant if they don't show up in the way we live. Pure and simple, faith not lived everyday is not faith, it is facade.

Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.

James 1:22

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
08-03-2007, 06:23 AM
August 3rd

"Judge and jury."

Have you ever wondered how many friends you may have lost simply by judging them on their first appearance or impression? I'm amazed at how the first impression very seldom tells us much of substance about another. We're not really going to be able to evaluate people properly until the Lord reveals at judgment what is really in their heart.

The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.

1 Samuel 16:7

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
08-04-2007, 06:31 AM
August 4th

"Call Me."

In a universe of billions of stars, think of the power of the God who made them and knows each of their names. Think of all he knows that we don't. Think of all he has seen that is not in a history book. Think of all he has done and can do. Add to this that he invites us to speak to him about the things of our heart.

This is what the Lord says, he who made the earth, the Lord who formed it and established it - the Lord is his name: Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.

Jeremiah 33:2-3

Heaven

HeavensOnFire
08-04-2007, 11:01 AM
GLORY TO GOD great message brother david lets go over in mark 12 where JESUS spoke unto the sadducess in PARABLES, mark 12,18,24 Sadducees And The Resurrection, THEY Came unto him Which Say There Is No Resurrection AND THEY ASKED HIM SAYING, MASTER MOSES Wrote OH GLORYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY WROTE UNTO US IF A MANS BROTHER DIE AND LEAVE HIS WIFE BEHIND HIM AND LEAVE NO CHILDREN THAT HIS BROTHER SHOULD TAKE HIS WIFE AND RAISE UP SEED UNTO HIS BROTHER, now there were seven brothers and the first took a wife and dying left no seed and the second took her and died neither left he any seed and the third likewise and the seven had her left not seed WOW A How LOTTA SHAKING GOING ON HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Sorry Last Of All The Woman Died Also In The Resurrection therefore when they shall rise whose wife shall she be of theme for the seven had her to wife, OH GLORY GLORIFIED WHERE THESE PEOPLES HEAD IN THE GUTTER and obvious in another rise in their Jeans Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, THE CORNERSTONE !!!! AND JESUS ANWERSING SAID UNTO THEME DO YE NOT THERFORE ERR BECAUSE YE KNOW NOT THE SCIPTURES NEITHER THE POWER OF GOD GLORYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY HOLY HOLY HOLY IS HIS NAME FOR WHEN THEY SHALL RISE FROM THE DEAD THEY NEITHER MARRY NOR GIVEN IN MARRIGE HOLY HOLY IS HIS NAME I FEEL LIKE GRABING THE GUTIAR BUT ARE AS ANGELS WHICH ARE IN HEAVEN AND AS TOUCHING THE DEAD THAT THEY RISE HAVE YE NOT READ IN THE BOOK OF MOSES HOW IN THE BUSH OH GLORYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY GOD SPAKE UNTO HIM SAYING I,AM THAT I,AM THE GOD OF ABRAHAM :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: AND THE GOD OF OF ISAAC AND THE GOD OF JACOB HE IS NOT THE GOD OF THE DEAD BUT THE GOD OF THE LIVING YE THEREFORE DO GREATLY ERR,

HeavenBesideYou
08-05-2007, 12:07 PM
Beautiful words and spirit girl!!!

Perhaps we can do an online study together? Pick a topic and get back to me via pm. (I can pick one if you want)

Glory glory!!! Have a blessed day, gotta' run!

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
08-05-2007, 12:08 PM
August 5th

"Finding our way together."

Sometimes the right path is not so difficult to find, we just need to know where to begin our search - the reading of God's words. The right way is very seldom just the property of the bright, wise, and scholarly. It is very clear if we will but look for it! Study here or at home with friends and family, it is here for all who seek to find!

Get with me via pm!

The unfolding of your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple.

Psalm 119:130

Heaven

HeavensOnFire
08-05-2007, 01:03 PM
Beautiful words and spirit girl!!!

Perhaps we can do an online study together? Pick a topic and get back to me via pm. (I can pick one if you want)

Glory glory!!! Have a blessed day, gotta' run!

Heaven

BUSY BUSY BUSY u know what that sounds like a a great idea its almost groovy i,ll get back with you !!!!

HeavenBesideYou
08-06-2007, 06:08 AM
August 6th

"Represent yo!"

Our behavior is important. People see us in many situations at many different times, and the way we act can be a powerful witness to the power of Christ in our lives. Christ calls us to a perfection that we cannot achieve on our own. Rely upon the Lord and He will give you the capacity to live an upright, holy, and pleasing life.

I will behave myself wisely in a perfect way. O when wilt thou come unto me? I will walk within my house with a perfect heart.

Psalm 101:2

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
08-07-2007, 06:04 AM
August 7th

"Details, please?"

1. Remember what St. John says: "If our heart condemn us, God is stronger than our heart." The feeling of being, or not being, forgiven and loved is not what matters. One must come down to brass tacks. If there is a particular sin on your conscience, repent and confess it. If there isn't, tell the despondent devil not to be silly. You can't help hearing his voice (the odious inner radio), but you must treat it merely like a buzzing in your ears or any other irrational nuisance.

2. Remember the story in the Imitation, how the Christ on the crucifix suddenly spoke to the monk who was so anxious about his salvation and said, "If you knew that all was well, what would you, today, do or stop doing?" When you have found the answer, do it or stop doing it. You see, one must always get back to the practical and definite. What the devil loves is that vague cloud of unspecified guilt feeling or unspecified virtue by which he lures us into despair or presumption. "Details, please?" is the answer.

3. The sense of dereliction cannot be a bad symptom, for Our Lord Himself experienced it in its depth—"Why has thou forsaken me?"

~C. S. Lewis in Letters to an American Lady

For all have sinned; all fall short of God's glorious ideal.

Romans 3:23

Remember, it is sin to know what you ought to do and then not do it.

James 4:17

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
08-08-2007, 06:06 AM
August 8th

"Savior and Conqueror."

Jesus, who left heaven and made himself a servant, did so to enable the last to be first, the servant to be greatest, and the least to be best. For ages, the arrogant, abusive and the powerful have found it easy to reject the call of Christ. But those who are humble find him to not only be Savior, but also Conqueror.

For the Lord takes delight in his people; he crowns the humble with salvation.

Psalm 149:4

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
08-09-2007, 06:24 AM
August 9th

"Why do we struggle so much?"

There will be times in our lives when we find ourselves unable to function normally because of our emotional upheaval. When we are sensitive to what is right and good, we instinctively rebel at wrong and evil. The Psalms are full of David's own struggles with times when he felt alone and wretched. Those times were necessary for David to grow and mature. He learned to accept guilt and go on, knowing that God's love for him endured and that His forgiveness was without bounds. God loves us just as much. He suffers when we suffer, and He stands with us, even in our darkest hours.

My heart is smitten, and withered like grass; so that I forget to eat my bread.

Psalm 102:4

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
08-10-2007, 06:25 AM
August 10th

"Why does God allow some things to happen?"

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20185795/

We always look at the question from our own, earthly, human perspective. We forget that death is a part of life and that it is a necessary passage in existence. To God, death is not a bad thing, but merely a part of the way things are. Death isn't a cruelty or a punishment. Our days on earth are a gift, and we should live them as fully as we can. If we die, we are in the Lord's hands, and everything will work out just fine. Faith is the key. We must learn to know that God has everything under control, and that He will turn all situations to good. Even death is a wonderful thing in the hands of God.

I said, O my God, take me not away in the midst of my days: thy years are throughout all generations.

Psalm 103:2

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou
08-11-2007, 07:15 AM
August 11th

"The Scriptures."

Our treasure and our truth come from Scripture, God's guidance to avoid Satan's harmful traps and live in God's blessed life.

I rejoice in following your statutes as one rejoices in great riches.

Psalm 119:14

Heaven