Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
need views on this matter - Guantanamo bay [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : need views on this matter - Guantanamo bay

bilal
10-14-2006, 03:28 PM
i would like to know you guys views on this matter..... t

its called guantanomo bay

"When they vomited up blood, the soldiers mocked and cursed them, and taunted them with statements like 'look what your religion has brought you'", Yousuf al-Shehri, Saudi Arabian national.
Lawyers for Yousuf al-Shehri, who is believed to have been less than 18 years old when transferred to Guantanamo, describe how he was forcefully administered the nasal tube for feeding. According to him, blood gushed out when the tube was removed and the detainees were told by the guards that these techniques were used to make them stop their hunger strike.

The demands of the Guantanamo detainees are not controversial - for their rights under international law to be respected, for release if they are not to be charged and given a fair trial, and for organizations such as Amnesty International to be granted access to them.

If the above allegations from the Guantanamo hunger strikers are true, and forcible feeding was done in such a way as deliberately to cause suffering, Amnesty International would consider their treatment amounts to torture or ill-treatment.

There are believed to be nine men still detained in Guantanamo despite no longer being considered "enemy combatants" by US authorities. They are held in Camp Iguana, the facility at Guantanamo once used to hold juveniles.

Six of the men are ethnic Uighurs, five from China and one from Saudi Arabia. They are at high risk of further human rights violations, including torture and possible execution if returned to China. The other three men are thought to be from Uzbekistan or Russia, Algeria and Egypt.

All nine men should be released immediately and the US authorities should intensify efforts to find a country where they can live without risk of further human rights violations, in cooperation with the UN refugee agency (UNHCR).
source:http://web.amnesty.org/pages/guantanamobay-index-eng

A report has emerged that female interrogators were used to try and break Muslim detainees held at the prison camp Guantanamo Bay. Methods used by the female interrogators included sexual touching, wearing a miniskirt with thong underwear and in one particular case smearing the face of a Saudi detainee with fake menstrual blood.

A Pentagon investigation and newly declassified documents confirm detainees' accounts of the use of sexual tactics by female interrogators at the U.S. military prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, The Washington Post reported on Thursday.

source"http://www.truthout.org/cgi-bin/artman/exec/view.cgi/37/8919

Other random facts

-detainess of less than 13 and 16 years old
-suicide attempts by many due to humiliation and no hope for fair trail
-hunger strikes by detainees met with force
-torture and use of drugs
-0 convictions
-more than 750 detainees

i would like to add here that most of the detainees were taken from Afghanistan....and many are non-afghanis.....those foreigner muslims , who exercised theri relgious right to fight for a muslim country when it is attacked by a foreign power..... there is another concept in Islam that tells that no muslim will sit with peace untill no Muslim is a slave.... like is the palesine, Kashmir and Chechneyan strugggle for independence and the occupation of Iraq

America claims its Love for freedom but may be that is just for its own self, not letting the same luxury to others...... these 700 men belongs to some 700 families world wide.... and lot of lives have been in a contineous pain since they have been held like this.... neither live, neither dead.......and unfortunately, neither capable of returning to the social life too

eusebioCBR
10-14-2006, 09:17 PM
It's difficult to answer for the the detention of these men without knowing all of the circumstances that put each of them there.
In my late teens to mid twenties a mixture of motorcycles and alcohal landed me in jail SEVERAL times. The detention facilities I saw were not as clean as the pictures provided and pics of Guantanamo I've seen for myself. Keep in mind I'm only talking about the condition of the detention center.
If these men are being held as enemy combatants then they have very few rights under American law.

metalchris25
10-16-2006, 02:29 PM
A very difficult subject indeed. I personally feel that ALL of the detainees under 17 should be immediately released to another agency of some sort where they can have a real shot at a normal life. Just because they are muslim doesn't mean they are violent or cant change thier ways. We all know that none of the people there like us, but what good will come of keeping them there? None. All the others need to be tried, and that be the end of it. It is immoral to hold these folks without a fair trial. Even criminals deserve that much.