Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Forced Abortion on Poor Ethnic Women Proposed in Holland [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Forced Abortion on Poor Ethnic Women Proposed in Holland

Chase
02-23-2006, 04:16 PM
http://www.lifesite.net/ldn/2006/feb/06022109.html

Here's an interesting read. It deals with eugenics.

Ana4Stapp
02-23-2006, 07:46 PM
To try to avoid "violence, neglect, mistreatment and sexual abuse" in the future we only need to offer to a child : protection, love, care and education(formal and informal) !!!!!

Just a note: even though Im not pro abortion (need to say this because I ve been hearing it for so long here!)...I do defend the right of a woman to choosing it...but this is insane.

RMadd
02-24-2006, 01:59 PM
ahhhh Eugenics... that's a term I haven't heard or discussed in awhile. Honestly, though, I find stuff like this to be very disturbing... almost Hitler-ish. IMO, it doesn't matter how messed up you think the kid will be, because you really don't know. Yes, the odds of him or her growing up to lead a perfectly normal and healthy life are fairly slim, but that doesn't mean they should be killed (aborted) based on that some government thinks they'll be a burden to society. Very shameful.

Chase
02-24-2006, 07:47 PM
ahhhh Eugenics... that's a term I haven't heard or discussed in awhile. Honestly, though, I find stuff like this to be very disturbing... almost Hitler-ish. IMO, it doesn't matter how messed up you think the kid will be, because you really don't know. Yes, the odds of him or her growing up to lead a perfectly normal and healthy life are fairly slim, but that doesn't mean they should be killed (aborted) based on that some government thinks they'll be a burden to society. Very shameful.

Well, eugenics was an essential part to Hitler's genocide. He used it to prevent the handicap from reproducing. Also, the even more disturbing thing is that the state of Indiana had a program that was very similar in the 1930s I believe.

Lunar Shadow
02-24-2006, 11:50 PM
If I remember correctly one of the states (either ohio or indiana) tried recently to make it so you had to get a permit to reproduce I am gonna go back and try to find the news story it was pretty fucked up.

Lunar Shadow
02-24-2006, 11:53 PM
ahhh here it is. It is call the unauthorized reproduction bill

http://www.boomantribune.com/?op=displaystory;sid=2005/10/3/223530/406

Republican lawmakers are drafting new legislation that will make
marriage a requirement for motherhood in the state of Indiana,
including specific criminal penalties for unmarried women who do
become pregnant "by means other than sexual intercourse."

According to a draft of the recommended change in state law, every
woman in Indiana seeking to become a mother throu gh assisted
reproduction therapy such as in vitro fertilization, sperm donation,
and egg donation, must first file for a "petition for parentage" in
their local county probate court.

Only women who are married will be considered for the "gestational
certificate" that must be presented to any doctor who facilitates the
pregnancy. Further, the "gestational certificate" will only be given
to married couples that successfully complete the same screening
process currently required by law of adoptive parents

Ana4Stapp
02-25-2006, 03:15 AM

You dont hear the term because actually these 'programs' avoid to use the word eugenics just to not be associated to the racial ideals of the Nazi Party, but they are present in great number on web, for instance.

Ana4Stapp
02-25-2006, 03:27 AM
Well, eugenics was an essential part to Hitler's genocide. He used it to prevent the handicap from reproducing. Also, the even more disturbing thing is that the state of Indiana had a program that was very similar in the 1930s I believe.

Yeah...and you know the most disturbing thing is that actually with all the biological /medical 'possibilities' parents are contributing to the 'new eugenics' trough the "designer babies' who come from reproductive technologies; you can 'create' your baby. Reprogenetics is the new term used to this.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reprogenetics

RMadd
02-26-2006, 12:07 PM
You dont hear the term because actually these 'programs' avoid to use the word eugenics just to not be associated to the racial ideals of the Nazi Party, but they are present in great number on web, for instance.
I know, I was being sarcastic, in the sense of longing for more discussions on eugenics. I don't remember if it was in philosophy or some other class, but we briefly discussed it a few years ago.

Sentinel69
02-27-2006, 11:25 AM
Well, politic people here are almost m*r*ns. No one has the right to decide if someone must do a abortion.I'm Dutch an I think my country is going nuts :wtf:

gr,
Irene

uncertaindrumer
02-28-2006, 05:00 PM
"moron" is a word you need to bleep out? lol. And you are right. Forcing an abortion is an evil addition ot an already evil crime.

RalphyS
03-01-2006, 04:58 AM
The opinion expressed by this councilwoman was condemned by almost every other politician in The Netherlands and ofcourse also by public opinion.

I agree that forced abortion is never an option, but in some very extreme cases (for instance crack-mothers who keep getting pregnant and set drug-addicted children onto this world, who they abandon, or who keep on using abortion as a contraceptive) the option of legally obliged sterilisation as punishment for crimes is something to be considered, although I am also very, very reluctant to go that far.

The problem is that the people, who are really not capable of being parents usually don't see that they aren't and it's a tough issue to deal with.

Lunar Shadow
03-01-2006, 05:33 AM
This is all too true Ralphy people who shouldn't breed always do.... why is that? I mean it is a little far to sterilize thoes people but really there are thoes who should really think long and hard about having kids (unfortunatly they are the types who don't think too often to begin with).