Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
I Met John McCain Tonight! [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : I Met John McCain Tonight!

Chase
12-23-2005, 02:18 AM
This is actually funny because I just started another thread about possible presidential candidates... but tonight I met Senator John McCain of Arizona. I went to the Poinsettia Bowl tonight... and for all of you who don't know what that is, it's a brand new college bowl game that is played here in San Diego. Anyway, the two teams that played were Colorado and Navy. So, once my dad and I got to our seats... the two other guys that met us there were like "Hey, there's John McCain." He was only a few rows in front of me. This is a guy that I admire so much... so I had to meet him. I walk up to him... and at first he doesn't see me. His wife was smiling and then he turns around smiling. I'm like "Hi, Senator, I just want to say that it's an honor to meet you." He reaches out to shake my hand... and is like "Oh, thank you." So, I'm like "Well, you're like my idol." We both laugh. Then I go: "Hopefully we'll see you in '08." He looks me in the eye, winks, and gives me a grin. That was basically it. I closed by thanking him for coming to San Diego. He was such a nice, approachable guy. His wife was sweet as well. The fact that I met the man that may be our next presidential made my year (and who is also my political idol). It was great!

Ana4Stapp
12-23-2005, 05:03 PM
This is actually funny because I just started another thread about possible presidential candidates... but tonight I met Senator John McCain of Arizona. I went to the Poinsettia Bowl tonight... and for all of you who don't know what that is, it's a brand new college bowl game that is played here in San Diego. Anyway, the two teams that played were Colorado and Navy. So, once my dad and I got to our seats... the two other guys that met us there were like "Hey, there's John McCain." He was only a few rows in front of me. This is a guy that I admire so much... so I had to meet him. I walk up to him... and at first he doesn't see me. His wife was smiling and then he turns around smiling. I'm like "Hi, Senator, I just want to say that it's an honor to meet you." He reaches out to shake my hand... and is like "Oh, thank you." So, I'm like "Well, you're like my idol." We both laugh. Then I go: "Hopefully we'll see you in '08." He looks me in the eye, winks, and gives me a grin. That was basically it. I closed by thanking him for coming to San Diego. He was such a nice, approachable guy. His wife was sweet as well. The fact that I met the man that may be our next presidential made my year (and who is also my political idol). It was great!

Its cool, Chase...I cant imagine if I could someday meet Lula ...;) but answer me that: why you like that guy so much? :confused: I think i dont know him never hear about his name here..I guess...