++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-04-2004, 11:57 PM   #1
Mr.CreedFreakTN
USER INFO »
Status: A Melody
Posts: 407
Joined: Dec 2002
Currently: Offline
My Thoughts

I knew this day was in the works, but when I actually read that it happened I was taken back. Reminds me of losing a good friend or something. I'm anxious to hear Alter Bridge and Scott Stapp material, but I doubt I'll travel around the country seeing them as I did with Creed. I'm thankful for the 5 times I did see them. And I'm very thankful that I was there in Philly at their last show. It was honestly their best show that I'd seen. I guess we won't be getting a dvd now which that sucks, atleast we have our memories and the music , and the special friendships that we were able to create thanks to this wonderful band.( This almost feels like an eulogy) I wish them all the best. I was really into a band in the 80's called Stryper they broke up and now their together again performing concerts all over the world and releasing new material. They had trouble with their lead singer and it took over 12 years for them to work out their differences and become brothers again and to reunite and create music. I said that to say this , it appears there is alot hardships with each member of Creed with Scott, it may take awhile for them to become the friends they use to be. If they never release another cd as the band Creed , my prayer is that they would develop the relationships they had together in the beginning as best friends, the music is important, but the family is everything.
__________________
I'm down on my knee's again with my face to the ground, as the tears roll down my cheeks can love, love be found
dealing with the devil time and time again, please God in Heaven forgive for my sins....
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 12:03 AM   #2
PaulMcCoygirl
PaulMcCoygirl's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Rising Sun
Posts: 3,672
Joined: Oct 2002
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to PaulMcCoygirl
That's very nicely said!
__________________
You are never given a wish
without being given the power to make it come true

---------------------------------------------------

Somewhere there's someone who dreams of your smile,
and finds in your presence that life is worth while.
So when you are lonely, remember it's true
Somebody somewhere is thinking of you
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 12:11 AM   #3
Mr.CreedFreakTN
USER INFO »
Status: A Melody
Posts: 407
Joined: Dec 2002
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by PaulMcCoygirl) That's very nicely said!
Thank You
__________________
I'm down on my knee's again with my face to the ground, as the tears roll down my cheeks can love, love be found
dealing with the devil time and time again, please God in Heaven forgive for my sins....
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 12:22 AM   #4
PaulMcCoygirl
PaulMcCoygirl's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Rising Sun
Posts: 3,672
Joined: Oct 2002
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to PaulMcCoygirl
Hey, don't be so down. I know Creed has broken up officially and they are greatly going to be missed, but we still have their music to listen to. Creed is always going to be one of my favorite bands even when I grow old and grey, I'll still be rocking out to them. Look on the bright side, Creed has left behind a wonderful legacy for their fans with their inspiring music andthe awesome shows they put on. We should just be happy that we were able to experience it. Creed's music is something that no one can ever take away.
__________________
You are never given a wish
without being given the power to make it come true

---------------------------------------------------

Somewhere there's someone who dreams of your smile,
and finds in your presence that life is worth while.
So when you are lonely, remember it's true
Somebody somewhere is thinking of you
Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 01:42 PM   #5
creedwisdom
USER INFO »
Status: Unspoken
Posts: 35
Joined: Nov 2003
Currently: Offline
so sad....

i am not really surprised, but rather shocked by the "attack" tone by mark and flip against stapp. it is hard to think back on all the times scott talked so glowingly of them, the unspoken closeness he felt w/his creative partner--i have always felt that scott looked up to mark from day 1, saw him as so cool, wanted to be like him, near him, since he experienced such struggle to fit in. how betrayed scott has to feel in this time!

the interview sounds, in some sense, like one with whiny, disgruntled fans rather than creative partners who struggled and leaned on one another together as they grew from pooling minimum wages and passing colds to and fro as they played for laundromat openings to rise to become the biggest selling rock band. the 1st leg of the weathered tour sold out almost instantaneously, then scott was hurt, fans got mad, and didn't forgive scott, and the entire rest of the tour became a tormented struggle. sure seems like mark & flip were right there in the throng. where's the loyalty??

as i've said before, my feeling is that scott SHOULD NEVER discuss chicago/the end of the tour PUBLICLY AT ALL! dreams die hard, and such a discussion would not only be inexplicably painful, but would violate the privacy and lives of his son and his family. no one has a right to something so sacred. all at once scott lost the ideal of his family, he lost his health, he lost his fans who could not realize the sacrifice of body and mind he was making, and perhaps, it seems, he felt he no longer had the support of two who had once been closest to him. they, too, may have been lost. No wonder he fell off the edge??!! who wouldn't have?

all great bands are rife with the love/indifference battle. but it takes all members to create greatness, and all are part of the demise. statements like , "stapp always seemed to have the problem.", keywords=ALWAYS & PROBLEM, are insanely petty & unrealistic. those really are some angry "bullets" aimed dead center at stapp.

every human needs forgiveness, and despite his claim, mark has not come to that place. he is a guitar god, but needs to nurture a little humanity.

blessings to all, tresa
__________________
"what if i die? what did i give? i hope it was an answer, so you might live" Stapp
Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 02:05 PM   #6
SistahSami
USER INFO »
Status: Unspoken
Posts: 39
Joined: Nov 2003
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedwisdom) i am not really surprised, but rather shocked by the "attack" tone by mark and flip against stapp. it is hard to think back on all the times scott talked so glowingly of them, the unspoken closeness he felt w/his creative partner--i have always felt that scott looked up to mark from day 1, saw him as so cool, wanted to be like him, near him, since he experienced such struggle to fit in. how betrayed scott has to feel in this time!

the interview sounds, in some sense, like one with whiny, disgruntled fans rather than creative partners who struggled and leaned on one another together as they grew from pooling minimum wages and passing colds to and fro as they played for laundromat openings to rise to become the biggest selling rock band. the 1st leg of the weathered tour sold out almost instantaneously, then scott was hurt, fans got mad, and didn't forgive scott, and the entire rest of the tour became a tormented struggle. sure seems like mark & flip were right there in the throng. where's the loyalty??

as i've said before, my feeling is that scott SHOULD NEVER discuss chicago/the end of the tour PUBLICLY AT ALL! dreams die hard, and such a discussion would not only be inexplicably painful, but would violate the privacy and lives of his son and his family. no one has a right to something so sacred. all at once scott lost the ideal of his family, he lost his health, he lost his fans who could not realize the sacrifice of body and mind he was making, and perhaps, it seems, he felt he no longer had the support of two who had once been closest to him. they, too, may have been lost. No wonder he fell off the edge??!! who wouldn't have?

all great bands are rife with the love/indifference battle. but it takes all members to create greatness, and all are part of the demise. statements like , "stapp always seemed to have the problem.", keywords=ALWAYS & PROBLEM, are insanely petty & unrealistic. those really are some angry "bullets" aimed dead center at stapp.

every human needs forgiveness, and despite his claim, mark has not come to that place. he is a guitar god, but needs to nurture a little humanity.

blessings to all, tresa

Tresa, I couldn't disagree more with your post. I think that being put in the situations that they were, they were very kind to Stapp. It could have been worse, had they let it all out how they really felt about what happened.

Just my two cents.
Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 02:30 PM   #7
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
Dogstar's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Young Grown Old
Posts: 21,780
Joined: Sep 2002
Currently: Offline
I disagree as well...

Quote: as i've said before, my feeling is that scott SHOULD NEVER discuss chicago/the end of the tour PUBLICLY AT ALL!

Hmmm, well Chicago happened in public in front of thousands of people who paid good money to see the show. Those people deserved a lot better than that lame-ass explanation he offered for his behavior. That showed a total disrespect for the fans' intelligence. In a perfect world, he would have at least apologized for what many said was a substandard performance, but the lawsuit put any end to that ever happening.


And Mr. TN, well said as usual.
__________________
Silly monkeys give them thumbs
they make a club and beat their brother down.
How they survive so misguided is a mystery.

Last edited by Dogstar : 06-06-2004 at 02:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 03:46 PM   #8
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
TeriB19's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Saving Grace
Posts: 12,486
Joined: Sep 2002
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to TeriB19 Send a message via Yahoo to TeriB19
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedwisdom) i am not really surprised, but rather shocked by the "attack" tone by mark and flip against stapp.
I disagree as well. I didn't see it at all as an attack tone.



Quote: (Originally Posted by creedwisdom) i have always felt that scott looked up to mark from day 1, saw him as so cool, wanted to be like him, near him, since he experienced such struggle to fit in. how betrayed scott has to feel in this time!
Wow, talk about reading way too deeply into things. Again, I can't say as I see where you'd get this.

Quote: (Originally Posted by creedwisdom) the 1st leg of the weathered tour sold out almost instantaneously, then scott was hurt, fans got mad, and didn't forgive scott, and the entire rest of the tour became a tormented struggle. sure seems like mark & flip were right there in the throng. where's the loyalty??
Um, do you remember Mark's mom passing away? Just wanted to throw that in there.

And as for where the loyalty was, if Scott wasn't really letting the guys in towards the end (Mark's quote is that they really weren't aware of what was going on with him) how could they stick by him? There's only so many times that you can try to help someone before you realize you're running into a brick wall.


Quote: (Originally Posted by creedwisdom) perhaps, it seems, he felt he no longer had the support of two who had once been closest to him. they, too, may have been lost. No wonder he fell off the edge??!! who wouldn't have?
I have never seen, read or heard anything, anywhere about Flip and Mark NOT supporting Scott at ANYTIME during the Weathered tour. You should back up your statements with proof or retract.
__________________
MK: We're never gonna have the Super Bowl of Scott Stapp vs. Myles Kennedy in a sing-off - it's ridiculous.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 03:52 PM   #9
SistahSami
USER INFO »
Status: Unspoken
Posts: 39
Joined: Nov 2003
Currently: Offline
Nicely said, Dogstar and Terri!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 05:00 PM   #10
JenRN
JenRN's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Tree of Wisdom
Posts: 7,738
Joined: Oct 2002
Currently: Offline
This saddens me really it does, the whole thing of them breaking up. I will be ever grateful to Creed and Steve for the things Creed has brought me. I think this has been a long time coming and I am glad we FINALLY got some type of explanation. I feel that things must of been pretty tense for this to happen, at some of the shows I saw I sensed the aminosity between them, and let's face it, when that happens and people notice it in the audience well then it is time to call it quits. I will follow Alter Bridge because let's face it, they will rock!!!!! And I will follow and see where Scott goes as well, he has great talent, he just needs to take a step back and reflect on what has happened in the past few years. I wish them all well, and can't wait to see Alter Bridge in concert... I will be in the pit, rocking them on!
__________________
"I don't want to know emptiness, take me down to the water wanna be baptized in your love far away from the lonliness, take my heart and wash away the fear let me be baptized in your love"

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 06:40 PM   #11
Bridge of Clay
Bridge of Clay's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Tree of Wisdom
Posts: 8,025
Joined: Sep 2002
Currently: Offline
I disagree as well... I don't care if he didn't explained Chicago to MTV, but I'll quote Mark:

"My whole family was at the Chicago concert... but I forgave him. I approached to him to talk about it but he never offered me an explanation"

The way I see, things reached to a point that Stapp wasn't 100% focused on Creed. He had other stuff going on, other priorities. One of them is his son, and he's right to make Jagger #1 priority. But there was more into it. Flip said he even stopped hanging out with them... it couldn't last forever this way...

I'm not saying it's Stapp's fault. But Mark and Flip wanted to play... and Stapp had a different vision.
__________________
.:: "If people don't like guitar solos... then they're frikkin' stupid!" - Mark Tremonti ::.
Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 06:43 PM   #12
creedwisdom
USER INFO »
Status: Unspoken
Posts: 35
Joined: Nov 2003
Currently: Offline
points noted, sami! you are free to disagree, and i can still love you!

thanks for the thoughtful reply, dogstar. again it's just my take....points noted.
__________________
"what if i die? what did i give? i hope it was an answer, so you might live" Stapp
Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 07:11 PM   #13
SistahSami
USER INFO »
Status: Unspoken
Posts: 39
Joined: Nov 2003
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedwisdom) points noted, sami! you are free to disagree, and i can still love you!

thanks for the thoughtful reply, dogstar. again it's just my take....points noted.

Thank you Tresa, and I feel the same about you! We can agree to disagree and still have respect for each other! Love ya too Tres!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 10:08 PM   #14
Echelon122
Echelon122's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Broken Dream
Posts: 167
Joined: Mar 2004
Currently: Offline
I'm glad Mark could forgive Scott for Chicago. The looks on his face that night, I wondered if down the road that could happen. MArk's a bigger person than me in that respect. I haven't. I was still angry and upset two days later on the rail in PHilly for Chicago...I was happy to see them seeming to have figured things out, but I was still upset. And that kept getting reinforced as time went on...and while I loved JHMP's press release about it (basically it happened, we can't do anything to change it) it was the utter lack of owning up to being "out of it" (whatever you believe was going on..drugs, alcohol, a combo, whatever)....and then flat out denying anything was wrong that just kept bothering me about it...and it still does.

Even a casual fan knew Stapp had a lot on his plate going into the end of the WEathred tour. But like Terri said
Quote: And as for where the loyalty was, if Scott wasn't really letting the guys in towards the end (Mark's quote is that they really weren't aware of what was going on with him) how could they stick by him? There's only so many times that you can try to help someone before you realize you're running into a brick wall.
AMEN.
__________________
Peace, Erin

I might be a newbie here, but I've been
around a long time.
Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 01:03 PM   #15
GeeK_2004
GeeK_2004's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Rising Sun
Posts: 3,867
Joined: Jan 2003
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via Yahoo to GeeK_2004
My thoughts/opinion

The whole creed break up thing has had sadden me. If it wasnt for creed, I wouldnt know where I be now and/or who I am. The whole fact the they had callen it quits hasnt really seaken (spelling...) in my head yet..
__________________


So break yourself against my stones
And spit your pity in my soul
You never needed any help
You sold me out to save yourself
And I won't listen to your shame
You ran away - you're all the same
Angels lie to keep control...
My love was punished long ago
If you still care, don't ever let me know
If you still care, don't ever let me know...

"Snuff" - Slipknot
Reply With Quote
Post Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Random "who cares?" thoughts Bridge of Clay Chat-O-Rama 1462 11-23-2005 07:33 AM
Some thoughts musicmind226 Creed Talk 37 05-26-2004 09:24 AM
New Creed album in danger!! The Lithium Creed Talk 72 03-14-2004 10:37 AM
the random political thoughts thread!! american_bad_a$ Chat-O-Rama 38 02-11-2004 11:23 AM
Thoughts of Suicide MrSeeker Waxing Poetica 17 01-17-2004 10:26 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004 Steve Caponetto. All Rights Reserved.