++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 04-19-2004, 06:17 PM   #1
chafin24
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
new article about stapp on yahoo.com

Creed's Scott Stapp a Real Estate Maven
Mon Apr 19, 2:41 PM ET Add Entertainment - Reuters to My Yahoo!

By Catherine Applefeld Olson

NEW YORK (Billboard) - Creed frontman Scott Stapp (news) is embracing the red-hot real estate market with arms wide open.

Stapp became an active investor when he founded Lion's Share Holdings to pursue properties on the Hawaiian island of Maui -- where he resided for one year -- and other locales.

"We have about $15 million in properties right now," Stapp says. "We are actively pursuing real estate that we plan to let appreciate and then turn over in three years or so." Other cities that Stapp has his sights on include Orlando, Fla.; New York; and Los Angeles.

But it is South Beach, Fla., where Stapp recently decided to hang a personal shingle. Just before he started working on his upcoming solo CD, he moved into a sprawling estate that blends Mediterranean and Italian Gothic styles.

"I have to be by the water. It brings a calmness to me, which I need as a writer," he says. "The architecture of the house is just so beautiful, and I'm decorating the inside with everything that could inspire me. I want every inch of the house a place where you can sit and be inspired."

Reuters/Billboard
Old 04-19-2004, 06:50 PM   #2
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by chafin24) NEW YORK (Billboard) - Creed frontman Scott Stapp (news) is embracing the red-hot real estate market with arms wide open.
Cheap pun. *shakes head*

Man, it'd be nice to have that kind of cash.

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Old 04-19-2004, 08:54 PM   #3
Echelon122
USER INFO »
Not suprising at all. Nice to see him making more of a business out of it.
"Scott Stapp...real estate mogul"

I might be a newbie here, but I've been
around a long time.
Old 04-19-2004, 09:56 PM   #4
Creed_Defaultgirl
USER INFO »
Scott, will you come design my house?????
Dude, I just don't understand why anyone would want to live in NY or LA. Maybe if it was out of town in a place that doesn't have people around it for a mile or two. I live in a town with a population of (at the most) 350 to 400 people. Not in thousands, literaly, and I hate it here. Mainly because of the people in it. I know I would hate to live in a place with as many people as that in it.
"...My beaten heart is in your hands, What I really need is shelter, And a chance to relearn love, Teach me all over, All over to relearn love, Show me again, So I can relearn love, The comfort of your arms around me, Your tender hands caress my head, I lay beside you, I'm not worthy..."
Relearn Love~Scott Stapp
Old 04-20-2004, 07:00 AM   #5
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
hey scott can i have a loan? just a small one! musical talent and a business mindset, some people have it all! good stuff scotty!
Old 04-20-2004, 02:22 PM   #6
crest tattoo
USER INFO »
I really hope he follows through on this new adventure!!
Old 04-20-2004, 02:37 PM   #7
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Wow, that's awesoome!! Can't wait to hear the album!!

Quote: (Originally Posted by Creed_Defaultgirl) I live in a town with a population of (at the most) 350 to 400 people. Not in thousands, literaly, and I hate it here.

I live in Stockholm (Sweden), the biggest town in the Scandinavia. And we're 1 million in this town. I think it's pretty good. Not too many, not too few

(Scandinavia is:
• Sweden
• Norway
• Finland
• Denmark
• Island)

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 04-20-2004, 08:41 PM   #8
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04
Quote: (Originally Posted by extreme_LITHIUM) I live in Stockholm (Sweden), the biggest town in the Scandinavia. And we're 1 million in this town. I think it's pretty good. Not too many, not too few

(Scandinavia is:
• Sweden
• Norway
• Finland
• Denmark
• Island)

1 million? damn, i dont think i have seen a million people in my lifetime, let alone live in a town with a million....thats crazy....oh yea, cool deal bout stapp and the real estate business!

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me
Old 04-20-2004, 09:03 PM   #9
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by tremonti4life04) 1 million? damn, i dont think i have seen a million people in my lifetime, let alone live in a town with a million....thats crazy....oh yea, cool deal bout stapp and the real estate business!

i'm down under and we have a few cities, Melbourne where I live has 3 and a half million I think. Its not New York but its big enough!
Old 04-20-2004, 11:20 PM   #10
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by crest tattoo) I really hope he follows through on this new adventure!!
awwww what cute wittle avi u got there Cool
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 04-21-2004, 11:49 AM   #11
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by chafin24) Creed's Scott Stapp a Real Estate Maven
Mon Apr 19, 2:41 PM ET Add Entertainment - Reuters to My Yahoo!

By Catherine Applefeld Olson

NEW YORK (Billboard) - "I have to be by the water. It brings a calmness to me, which I need as a writer," he says. "The architecture of the house is just so beautiful, and I'm decorating the inside with everything that could inspire me. I want every inch of the house a place where you can sit and be inspired."

Reuters/Billboard

Thanks for posting the infor for us, chafin.

I can relate to needing to be near the water. I love the water, especially the ocean. I find it very relaxing and it's a spiritual place for me so I can understand how that would help a writer.

Relearn Love
Old 04-21-2004, 11:55 AM   #12
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by tremonti4life04) 1 million? damn, i dont think i have seen a million people in my lifetime, let alone live in a town with a million....thats crazy....oh yea, cool deal bout stapp and the real estate business!

Come on, 1 million ain't THAT much... Let's take London as an exemple... There lives 10 millions in London. And what about Manathan? 8 millions. Stockholm isn't a very, very big town, it's just a big town.

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 04-21-2004, 08:12 PM   #13
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Oooh, I only just noticed this thread

Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) i'm down under and we have a few cities, Melbourne where I live has 3 and a half million I think. Its not New York but its big enough!
Are you kidding me? Melbourne has 3 and a half million? Far out, I thought there would be way less than that. The whole of NZ's population is 4 million

Quote: (Originally Posted by Sheila63) I can relate to needing to be near the water. I love the water, especially the ocean. I find it very relaxing and it's a spiritual place for me so I can understand how that would help a writer.
Yes, I do know what you mean, water is beautiful and I love going to the beach when I need some time out, water is very relaxing.

This is pretty awesome, imagine what kind of stuff Stapp will design for his house...mmm...leather couches... jk
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 04-21-2004, 08:48 PM   #14
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by addicted2stapp) Oooh, I only just noticed this thread

Are you kidding me? Melbourne has 3 and a half million? Far out, I thought there would be way less than that. The whole of NZ's population is 4 million

Yes, I do know what you mean, water is beautiful and I love going to the beach when I need some time out, water is very relaxing.

This is pretty awesome, imagine what kind of stuff Stapp will design for his house...mmm...leather couches... jk

LOL Melbourne's population is almost as big as NZ's hehe! It might be a little less then that but close. Sydney's population is about 4 million people, then after that Brisbane is next at about 1 million people. I think half your Maori population has moved to Melbourne as well. They are keeping the local rugby league team alive, which sucks compared to AFL!
Old 04-21-2004, 10:05 PM   #15
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) LOL Melbourne's population is almost as big as NZ's hehe!
I know thats why I found it suprising.

Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) then after that Brisbane is next at about 1 million people.
Wow, that's suprising again, Brisbane has only 1 million? I thought Brisbane would have one of the highest populations.

Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) They are keeping the local rugby league team alive, which sucks compared to AFL!
lol. Getting ready for the Ozy vs New Zealand test match this weekend? Be prepared to get your ass kicked
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006