++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 11-23-2002, 11:45 PM   #1
Weathered
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Afterlife?

where does everyone believe you go after you die? i believe in heaven in hell
Old 11-24-2002, 09:43 AM   #2
Altair
USER INFO »
You mean this isn't the afterlife?
:lol:

I once placed a great importance on the afterlife until I realized I was missing the point: being here right now. The moment is what it's about. If you worry about tomorrow or regret about days gone, you'll have missed out on a great opportunity to taste the succulence of the moment.

"Yesterday, today was tomorrow. Here and now is all that I can be." Cy Curnin (The Fixx)

—The Bhagavad Gita
Old 11-24-2002, 09:52 AM   #3
Altair
USER INFO »
But, to answer the question, I do believe in the afterlife. It seems to me that we are in the midst of eternity. Either it's over when it's over, or we go on, somehow. Being in the midst of eternity, with forever behind us and forever yet to come, it's quite a coincidence, actually quite a miracle that we find ourselves alive right now for what may only be a lifetime. Only a lifetime? Too unreasonable. I'd rather believe that we've always been, that this energy, this awareness, this heart of hearts is constant and will move on in some way into some new adventures.

If you do believe in eternal life, this does seem to be a pretty good plan. Afterall, living forever, in one body, would get pretty boring after a while. Mortality is a great invention, allowing us to experience life and all its wonders over and over again. And what a wonderful place to experience it: a place with others, a place that is beautiful and full of life, a place that has so many possibilities and so much diversity.

—The Bhagavad Gita
Old 11-25-2002, 08:12 AM   #4
Siana
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Siana Send a message via Skype to Siana
I want to believe there's life after death...yep,i think i believe in that
Old 11-25-2002, 01:08 PM   #5
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
I donīt believe we go straight to heaven, hell or purgatory when we die.
I do believe thereīs life after death, but in the way thatīs described in the holy bible:
death is like a permanent state of uncontiouness (spelling?) sleep. dead people donīt know whatīs going on, donīt know about their relatives or themselves.
Until the day of Christīs second coming, when He will call those who were sleeping to go with Him to Heaven, for an eternal life.
But itīs not everybody whoīs going to Heaven, only those who are considered just, thru the eyes of God. And I know He will judge each one according to the light each has received, even if this person havenīt ever heard about God or lived before Christ.
Old 11-25-2002, 01:17 PM   #6
JenRN
USER INFO »
I definately believe in heaven and hell!!! I do believe that many people think they will get to heaven by being "good people" alone, but is that enough? I have taken MANY theology classes in college and had many religions represented and they all really do believe in the afterlife. I have a VERY hard time grasping the religion thing though, each one has it's own set of rules, how do you know which is correct? Religion is each denomintation's own interpretations of "the word" soooo... how do you know which one is most authentic? I always used to bring this up in my theology classes, BOY TALK ABOUT HEATED DEBATES!!!!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 11-25-2002, 10:27 PM   #7
Read JDM
USER INFO »
Hell is other people.
Old 11-26-2002, 02:29 PM   #8
allison
USER INFO »
Hell is having little or no respect for life, all types.

No, Marcos, thank YOU!
Old 11-29-2002, 08:16 AM   #9
Siana
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Siana Send a message via Skype to Siana
Quote: Originally posted by Read JDM
Hell is other people.

most of the times...yeah
Old 11-29-2002, 12:52 PM   #10
alive_in_Jesus
USER INFO »
I believe in heaven and hell. I believe that everything in the Word of God is all true.

Can you take me higher
To the place where blind men see
Can you take me higher
To the place with golden streets
Old 11-29-2002, 09:11 PM   #11
Lady Valkyrie
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Lady Valkyrie Send a message via Yahoo to Lady Valkyrie
Quote: Originally posted by alive_in_Jesus
I believe in heaven and hell.  I believe that everything in the Word of God is all true.  

Can you take me higher
To the place where blind men see
Can you take me higher
To the place with golden streets

I believe in what the Bible states about the afterlife.

Before Christ died on the cross there was "paradise" sometimes called "Abraham's bosom" .......and then there was "Hades". There was a deep chasm that was between the two. Jesus Died and those people who had followed God's laws in the Old Testament were there and were raised from their graves and walked around Jerusalem when christ died. I feel that they didn't stay on the earth but went to be with God in Heaven. Then Christ was raised from the dead after three days and later on after instructing his disciples he ascended into heaven where he is to this day awaiting for the Father God to tell him to come back to Earth and the dead that believe in Christ shall rise and meet Jesus in the air... and those who are alive and remain on this Earth that believe in Christ will be caught up with them and Jesus. Jesus will take us to heaven. As for where you go right now when you die... those who believe in the Lord Jesus Christ merely "sleep" awaiting for the Lord Jesus to return. Those who do not believe in the Lord Jesus Christ will await in "Hades" and on judgement day they will be judged and thrown into hell with satan to live in eternal seperation from God... which is the worst punishment that mankind could possible face in my opinion.

Now these are my opinions... I am not trying to push them on anyone. So please don't scream at me like people have done in the past when I state my opinions, ok?

~~~~~I am my kid's mom.~~~~~

~~~My Diary~~~~My Photos~~~
Old 11-30-2002, 04:15 PM   #12
creedfaner
USER INFO »
Currently:
i'm not stating what i believe, but this is sort of interesting to ponder, maybe its sort of like an afterlife.....

See my shadow changing,
Stretching up and over me.
Soften this old armor.
Hoping I can clear the way
By stepping through my shadow,
Coming out the other side.
Step into the shadow.
Old 12-01-2002, 02:47 AM   #13
Amish Warlord
USER INFO »
In the afterlife, you are eaten by worms.

Seriously though.. think about this. Every other religion(besides christianity in all it's forms) simply says if you're good, you get treated well after you die. Chrisitianity is the only religion with the balls to claim that if you don't believe in their religion.. when you die, you spend all eternity in hell.. the worst place imaginable. pretty crude, isn't it? Most of christianity is that way. it's not nice. it's not peaceful. in fact, it's a bunch of bull.

"i don't believe in god for the same reason i don't believe in mother goose" - Clarence Darrow

-J

You said life don’t mean a thing
That there’s no reason left to dream
You were wrong, there was grace
You saw the enemy, I saw your face
People like you and I spinnin’ through space
You were wrong, I still have faith
Old 12-01-2002, 03:09 AM   #14
DangerousDan85
USER INFO »
It would be cool to be a ghost for a while.
And yet I fight
This battle all alone
No one to cry to
No place to call home

Alice in Chains- Nutshell
Old 12-01-2002, 03:11 AM   #15
creedfaner
USER INFO »
Currently:
Quote: Originally posted by DangerousDan85
It would be cool to be a ghost for a while.

:lol: