++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 02-08-2003, 12:36 AM   #1
Weathered
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
What do you think of the "war" against Iraq?

So what do you all think? i was watching Oprah today well my mom had it on.....and they had a big debate/discussion over this. Before each commerical break...they showed some interviews with citizens from around the world.....most of them disagreed with the war...and said its just a fight b/t Bush and Hussein. A lot of interesting reasons and points were brought up by different people in the audience of the show too. Right now i cannot remember too many.But one of them was......Bush is hurrying into this, and hes doing things too fast with out enough evidence.

But....the point i agreed with: The longer we wait to go in to Iraq, the more time we give Hussein to make weapons and prepare attacks on us.

Another thing was: Why is the US the only country stopping all this and going in there. Many other countries are saying war is not the answer and that there is a peaceful way. The only reason war is the answer here is b/c we have been trying to make peace for 12 years i believe....and it hasnt worked. But like they said, why are we the only country going in. Were not the only country Iraq hates.

Especially on the war on terrorism. Thats against basically the whole world, and we were the only country who went into Afghanistan to stop their government.

The last thing im going to say is: another audience member on the show today said he was in Kuwait as a journilist or something like that, and he was captured by Iraq. He was in there for 6 weeks and didnt know if they would kill him or not. Some of the soldiers told him they did not want to kill him at all and hated Saddam. He said the majority of the secret police he spoke to over there were like that. But few others would have loved to kill him, but were advised not to. Then, the guys mother wrote Saddam Hussein a letter saying she sent her son over there to learn more about and respect the Arab world. She said that if you dont let him out, you are only harming yourself b/c he is trying to respect your world. He was released the next day.

Anyway, post your opinions. Please dont change the subject.
Old 02-08-2003, 12:45 AM   #2
krzycreedbabe
USER INFO »
im pretty much against the whole war on Iraq, i beleive its only going to cause more problems...

www.evanescence.com - check em out!
Old 02-08-2003, 08:15 PM   #3
Lady Valkyrie
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Lady Valkyrie Send a message via Yahoo to Lady Valkyrie
Blow them all up and let God sort them out. J/K

~~~~~I am my kid's mom.~~~~~

~~~My Diary~~~~My Photos~~~
Old 02-08-2003, 09:21 PM   #4
jango
USER INFO »
Re: What do you think of the "war" against Iraq?

Quote: Originally posted by Weathered
i was watching Oprah today  

Whoa... um... wow. Did you have a gun to your head?

Anyway, so as not to change the subject... the war on terror/iraq is a farce, plain and simple. I've spoken my peace about this subject, and won't bore you again, I'd rather let others voice their opinion.
"Nineteen hundred and forty-six. Nineteen forty-six, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works."
Old 02-09-2003, 12:14 PM   #5
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
hmmm...

my opinion is this war isnīt the best thing to US right now, not the way things are being done... this way will only increase the hate peopla have for US...

A couple weeks ago happened the World Social Forum, in the south of Brazil. Itīs outstanding to see how many people from all different countries hate US, and blame US for a lot of things.

And just to make it clear: I have nothing against USA. Itīs a country I admire. So, please, donīt feel offended by me and donīt start bashing me, ok?

Old 02-09-2003, 04:47 PM   #6
Lechium
USER INFO »
What does this have to do with faith or religion?

Lots of people will die for no reason... well according to Bible God has fondness for such type of activities, but aside of that I see no corrolation between war in Iraq and religions.
Old 02-09-2003, 06:18 PM   #7
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
who said it does?
Old 02-09-2003, 06:37 PM   #8
Lechium
USER INFO »
This thread is about war in Iraq and it is in Faith/Religion section of bbs.
Old 02-09-2003, 08:24 PM   #9
jango
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Lechium
What does this have to do with faith or religion?

"Come to send, not condescend..." Eddie Vedder

I'd suggest that you attempt to incorporate faith/religion into the thread with your response. A reply that states "What does this have to do with (given topic)," serves no greater purpose than the supposedly misplaced thread.

However, there is a basis for this thread in this setting. Examine the war as it pertains to the region as a whole. Is there a greater religious conflict than the current Israeli-Palestinian struggle? I think not. A war with Iraq will only further escalate such hatred between christians and muslims in this region and perhaps abroad. This war with Iraq has incredible ramifications upon religion; moreso than any American war (save GWI) in the last hundred years.

This topic as a whole is extremely broad, and could be discussed in a multitude of settings, think before you speak.
"Nineteen hundred and forty-six. Nineteen forty-six, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works."
Old 02-09-2003, 09:59 PM   #10
Weathered
USER INFO »
what jango said.....but

the reason its in here is b/c this forum fits in best......you tell me how this topic would fit the band forum or music matters? see

anyway jango....like i said my mom had it on she watches it almost everyday and iwas bored had nothing to do and i heard them talking about this topic so i watched it
Old 02-09-2003, 10:01 PM   #11
jango
USER INFO »

anyway jango....like i said my mom had it on she watches it almost everyday and iwas bored had nothing to do and i heard them talking about this topic so i watched it

Not a problem, just flipping ya crap.
Old 02-09-2003, 10:10 PM   #12
Weathered
USER INFO »
lol i know.....anyway back on the subject....sort of

my friend told me he read in the bible.....it said "when brother turns on brother, God will come return to Earth"

this means when we (USA) turns on Isreal....then God will come....that is kinda freaky...but no one knows when that will happen
Old 02-09-2003, 11:41 PM   #13
creedfan47a
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Lechium
Lots of people will die for no reason... well according to Bible God has fondness for such type of activities

Where the heck do you get that from???
Old 02-10-2003, 10:04 AM   #14
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »

this means when we (USA) turns on Isreal....then God will come....that is kinda freaky...but no one knows when that will happen

no, dude... I doubt thatīs the meaning...

"AND THIS GOSPEL OF THE KINGDON WILL BE PREACHED IN THE WHOLE WORLD AS A TESTIMONY TO ALL NATIONS, AND THE END WILL COME." - Matthew 24:14

We gotta study carefully the prophecies. Many signs will come: hunger, earthquakes, wars... but thatīs only the beggining of the end.

Some people say when USA quits "Church/State" separation and allies with the Roman Catholic Church is one of the most important signs.

Since I didnīt go to Theology School, I say once again that we gotta be careful when studying the Bible and listen to the Holy Ghostīs voice.
Old 02-10-2003, 01:07 PM   #15
Lechium
USER INFO »
Bible was written by people. God inspired or not -- big question. So dont belive it word for word, or try to look for all answers there.

P.S. If Bible is the word of God, how can it be King James's version? =)