Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Encouragement and Motivation!!! [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Encouragement and Motivation!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3

aprile89
07-30-2003, 11:53 AM
For those of you that want to loose weight or need encouragement and Motivation you can find it all in here!!!

Who's got your back??? WE DO!!!

marlsy
07-30-2003, 12:12 PM
I hope i'm invited in here too!! I may not need to lose more than 10 lbs but I need motivation to get off my lazy butt and I'd love to help motivate you guys too!! I can also help you out with what to eat and stuff if you want, as you know my hubby is a guru! :D

Sheila63
07-30-2003, 12:34 PM
Of course you're invited here too, marlsy. Although I haven't been thin in awhile, I know from other people that losing 10 lbs. isn't easy either. I know how you feel about getting motivated to exercise. I'm going to the Y straight from work because I know if I go home, I'll never get back out the door to go!! LOL!!!

Thanks for starting this thread, aprile.:D

SCOTTSMYMAN
07-30-2003, 12:45 PM
Losing anything can be a challenge! To all those who need it. YOU GO!!!!!! It may not be easy but if you keep trying you will succeed. This is a great thread to have. :dancing:

TeriB19
07-30-2003, 01:01 PM
I definitely need encouragement!! Last night after hanging out with my neighbors for a few beers, I ate an entire bag of Milanos. Had the major munchies and now I could kick myself for doing it. Somebody sew my lips together!!

Sheila63
07-30-2003, 01:05 PM
Do you think we should have this thread be a Sticky? That way it will be easy to get to.

Teri, I hear you with those Milanos. They're addicting!!

JulieCitySlicker
07-30-2003, 01:39 PM
Hey, what an awesome thread April:dancing: What I've learned for myself is that if you want to lose weight, especially in the winter time;) I know its hard to be active in the winter months cuz you just look outside and your positive motivation just exaporates. But You just gotta fight that and get out there and do it:dancing: Thats why I love the summertime;) It is a lot more motivating! With me I walk everywhere! It feels so good after going for like a 10 mile walk and then doing that more then 5 times a week you can really tell a difference!

SCOTTSMYMAN
07-30-2003, 02:10 PM
Yeah,Sheila I think we should make this sticky!

Sheila63
07-30-2003, 06:08 PM
Steve, can we make this thread a Sticky? Thanks for your help.:)

Dogstar
07-30-2003, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by TeriB19
Somebody sew my lips together!!

ROTFLMMFAO! Teri, you crack me up. A dose of humor also helps with the motivation! Thanks!

GoodGodGirl23
07-30-2003, 08:10 PM
Milanos suck.. give some good ol Oreos...:dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

Dogstar
07-30-2003, 08:12 PM
Milanos RULE, as do Oreos and just about any other cookie on the planet :D.

hotforscott
07-30-2003, 08:24 PM
Milano's do rule. I actually found the mini ones over the weekend. They also have mini brussels, those are pretty darn good, too.

Lechium
07-30-2003, 10:26 PM
Encouragement? Motivation?!
The best way to motivate someone is to call them a fucking looser and hopefully they'll try hard to proove you wrong.

Dogstar
07-30-2003, 10:35 PM
Well, maybe that works for you, but it wouldn't work for me.

Lechium
07-30-2003, 10:46 PM
How would such motivaion of mine affect you?
Make you angry? Anger is good when you're trying to achive something.

Dogstar
07-30-2003, 10:53 PM
Do you mean, how would I react to it? Anger can be a good motivator for some, but not for everybody. It also depends on the goal. I don't think negative reinforcement with regard to weight is particularly helpful. At least it hasn't been for me.

JulieCitySlicker
07-30-2003, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by hotforscott
Milano's do rule. I actually found the mini ones over the weekend. They also have mini brussels, those are pretty darn good, too.

Milanos:throwup:

Lechium
07-30-2003, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Dogstar
Do you mean, how would I react to it?  Anger can be a good motivator for some, but not for everybody. It also depends on the goal. I don't think negative reinforcement with regard to weight is particularly helpful. At least it hasn't been for me.

If everyone constantly calls you a fatass and whale, what do you do? Most people will get sick and tired of it, and try to loose some weight.

Wallowing in self pity is another path, but if you EVER choose to follow it... well you never should really.

Dogstar
07-30-2003, 11:03 PM
There are less cruel ways to motivate people. Name-calling is counterproductive. And I don't think it's wallowing in self-pity. There are other factors involved when it comes to being overweight. It's not just about food.

JulieCitySlicker
07-30-2003, 11:07 PM
I agree Dogstar;) Calling someone names to try to motivate them will probably make it worse:( I mean some people that are overweight already have a low self esteem:( Why make it worse....that is very cruel treatment!

Lechium
07-30-2003, 11:22 PM
Example -- drill sargent in boot camp acts mean and all, but he whips people into shape.
When you call someone fatass, not to get kicks out of it, but to make them angry and make them change their lives -- it's not cruelty.

JulieCitySlicker
07-30-2003, 11:25 PM
Maybe that would work for some but if someone called me that I would floor them;)

Lechium
07-30-2003, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by JulieLovesCreed
Maybe that would work for some but if someone called me that I would floor them;)
floor me
guess I can call you fatass wall I want than lol

Dogstar
07-30-2003, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Lechium

When you call someone fatass, not to get kicks out of it, but to make them angry and make them change their lives -- it's not cruelty.

It is cruel and childlike. Most kids grow out of it at some point.

JulieCitySlicker
07-30-2003, 11:31 PM
floor me
guess I can call you fatass wall I want than lol

Except I'm not fat;)

Dogstar
07-30-2003, 11:33 PM
This is supposed to be a positive thread and I've let myself tangle needlessly in negativity. I'll try to stay more on topic, sorry everybody.

JulieCitySlicker
07-30-2003, 11:36 PM
Thats alright Dogstar:D I kinda strayed from the positive side to:embarass: Back on topic;) Excercising in the morning before you even eat anything helps burn more fat:angel:

Dogstar
07-30-2003, 11:39 PM
:D...I agree. I like to exercise before I eat anything. Sometimes, I get an upset stomach if I exercise with any food in my stomach.

JulieCitySlicker
07-30-2003, 11:42 PM
I like to do a 3 mile walk before I even eat anything but since its been so hot here I have to have a little something like cereal so I don't pass out from the heat and I take water with me if I walk more than 5 miles, especially when its hot:P

Lechium
07-31-2003, 01:00 AM
It is cruel and childlike. Most kids grow out of it at some point.
you're calling drill sargents cruel and childlike?
strange, I see them as good educators...

Higher_Desire
07-31-2003, 01:11 AM
Don't be a dorkus, Lech. Drill sargents are doing it for education, and not for the sole pleasure of belittling others. I have a hard time believing that school thugs are trying to get kids to change their lives around for the better and become a respectable citizen.

H-D

Lechium
07-31-2003, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by Higher_Desire
Don't be a dorkus, Lech. Drill sargents are doing it for education, and not for the sole pleasure of belittling others. I have a hard time believing that school thugs are trying to get kids to change their lives around for the better and become a respectable citizen.

H-D

I never said that school bullies are a good idea, although you can learn from them.
I was saying that drill sargent like motivation, when you 're doign it not for pleasure 9as i had sais before few times) is a good way to motivate people

SCOTTSMYMAN
07-31-2003, 08:47 AM
It's not a good way to motivate people. As an adult I was put down and told things like that and guess what it didn't make me lose weight. As a child it was HORRIBLE!!! With certain things like you say in bootcamp and stuff is one thing(even though I've heard of a guy who killed himself because of the way a drill sargent treated him)! You just can't use that kind of motivation for someone who is trying to lose weight. :mad:

WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS BEING A POSITIVE THREAD??

JenRN
07-31-2003, 11:17 AM
Some people like to rain on EVERY parade, just put them on ignore like I do!:P

Great thread by the way, I myself am getting ready to go to the gym in awhile!:D

Lechium
07-31-2003, 06:43 PM
I am trying to help here, why the hell are you accusing me on pissing on your parade?
If you cant take others having point of view different from yours -- that's too bad for you

aprile89
07-31-2003, 07:23 PM
Leach I can see how you would think that making someone angry would help. It probably does help for SOME people. But when your dealing with people and their weight it's a double edge sword. Some people shut down and say " Yeah he's right I am a fat ass and I don't deserve to be happy" and they continue to eat themselves to death. they have no motivation or self confidence.
The only other way I know how to explain it is .... say someone is a very intelligent person and you came along and this person thought you were a DUMBASS .. and kept calling you dumbass over and over again..... would it make you angry? Of course! Would that make you want to change yourself? Maybe ... it just depends on the person you are dealing with..... That's all I am saying :)

Teri .. the only thing you can do girl is kick yourself in the buttocks and next time you get the munchies DRINK LOTS OF WATER!!!! or chew on ice lol sounds weird but it helps me sometimes

Lechium
07-31-2003, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by aprile89
<b>Leach I can see how you would think that making someone angry would help. It probably does help for SOME people. &nbsp;But when your dealing with people and their weight it's a double edge sword. Some people shut down and say " Yeah he's right I am a fat ass and I don't deserve to be happy" and they continue to eat themselves to death. they have no motivation or self confidence.</b>

Sometime (or even pretty often) encouregment and support can give people feeling of false comfort, and they would always be about to do something to change their lives, but never achually do anything.
Most of the time people take big steps to change their lives when they get hit hard. That's just human nature.

JulieCitySlicker
07-31-2003, 08:50 PM
If you think that calling someone names will help them lose weight then you go a head and do it ;) I'm not gonna be the one that gets punched in the face for calling someone a fat azz:eek:

JenRN
07-31-2003, 08:58 PM
I am glad this thread is here, lets try to keep it positve and motivating! :thumbsup:

JulieCitySlicker
07-31-2003, 09:01 PM
Sure thing Jen:dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

aprile89
07-31-2003, 09:04 PM
Sometime (or even pretty often) encouregment and support can give people feeling of false comfort, and they would always be about to do something to change their lives, but never achually do anything.
Most of the time people take big steps to change their lives when they get hit hard. That's just human nature.

False Hope and False Comfort Vs. ridicule and no self esteem Which is right and which is Wrong?? Who is to say??? But in this thread we are going to encourage each other the NICE way and not put each other down ......

JulieCitySlicker
07-31-2003, 09:06 PM
Exactly April:clap: :clap: :clap:

TeriB19
07-31-2003, 11:56 PM
Let's keep ourselves positive and not worry about name calling. I think many of us who have dealt with a weight issue at one time or another know full well that being called names does NOT motivate us to lose, it just makes us feel worse than we already do. So we who care about each other will continue to give support and motivation, and the knuckleheads who think name calling will help us lose weight can kiss our butts.:D

JulieCitySlicker
07-31-2003, 11:59 PM
:dancing: You said it Teri:dancing: :bow: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Lechium
08-01-2003, 12:28 AM
Funny how my positive input was classified as negative and mean.
You people are too funny

DangerousDan85
08-01-2003, 09:18 AM
thanks, i am funny, aren't I?

Sheila63
08-01-2003, 09:22 AM

Teri .. the only thing you can do girl is kick yourself in the buttocks and next time you get the munchies DRINK LOTS OF WATER!!!! or chew on ice lol sounds weird but it helps me sometimes

Thanks for the tip with the ice, aprile.:) I usually drink a lot of water but I'll give the ice trick a try too.

I also wanted to thank Steve for making this thread a Sticky for us. Thanks again, Steve.:clap: :clap:

SCOTTSMYMAN
08-01-2003, 10:36 AM
Yes,Thanks Steve! ;)

Try sugar free ice pops too. The taste great and you know you are not getting the calories or the sugar. They make some really good ones too. As for soda my husband just lost about 30lbs. when he stopped drinking soda and now only drinks water! If you are looking for something with a little taste to drink I like Crystal Light. They make some great flavors.;)

Sheila63
08-01-2003, 11:21 AM
I'll definitely look for those sugar free ice pops, Kris. Thanks for the reminder, I've been wanting to try those for awhile.:) I have been a big soda drinker but I haven't had any in a few days because I know it's loaded with sugar and isn't good for me. So I've been drinking water. I plan to find some naturally sweetened juices that I can drink that don't have added sugar, corn syrup, etc. in them. Just so I have an alternative other than water to drink, at least every once in awhile. Unfortunately, I can't drink anything with nutrasweet in it, it mades my head feel weird.:wtf: So I'll be checking out the labels when I go do some grocery shopping this weekend.

SCOTTSMYMAN
08-01-2003, 12:56 PM
My sister has problem with nutrasweet too. Gives her a headache:banghead: Oceanspray makes a good Cran-Grape all natural no sugar. That's if you like cranberry juice. It's good for your waterworks;)

JulieCitySlicker
08-01-2003, 01:53 PM
Cran-grape juice is yummy Kris:P

Sheila63
08-01-2003, 05:01 PM
I do like cranberry juice, Kris. Thanks again for the help, I'll look for it when I go shopping.:D The cran-grape juice sounds good.

JulieCitySlicker
08-01-2003, 05:05 PM
It is good Sheila:P

Sheila63
08-01-2003, 05:27 PM
Thanks, Julie. I'll get some this weekend and let you know.:)

SCOTTSMYMAN
08-01-2003, 05:45 PM
They also make a really good cran-raspberry;), very tart if you like that!

Julie, I love cran-grape it's soooo goood!!!:D

Sheila63
08-01-2003, 05:52 PM
I love anything with raspberries, Kris. I love the summertime because I love to get fresh raspberries.

hayley
08-01-2003, 07:57 PM
I've been "working out" latley, every evening I exersice for half an our, doing running, situps, pressups, arm workouts, leg workouts, lots of stretches, yoga, body raises, squats, things like that, but the thing that pushes me the most is the running. I like the sweat and stuff because I know that it is working.

And of course I eat sensibly, I have cut down on sugar, and instead of having fizzy and milkshakes and stuff like that, I have a glass of water.

It's easy you just need to find a routine that suits you and your lifestyle.

:P

hotforscott
08-01-2003, 09:23 PM
Wow, it sounds like you are busy. I wish I had that much motivation. I never feel like excercising so I don't. I need to try.

JulieCitySlicker
08-01-2003, 10:02 PM
Woo Hoo! Great for U Hayley:dancing: :bounce: :dancing:

hayley
08-02-2003, 04:59 AM
Originally posted by hotforscott
Wow, it sounds like you are busy. I wish I had that much motivation. I never feel like excercising so I don't. I need to try.

Yeah sometimes I really can't be bothered, but I think to myself, "You will get good results" And I play some heavy music and I push myself.

I exersice everyday at 5.15-5.45pm, that's usually a time when I am sitting around doing nothing, or sitting on my arse surfuing the internet.

Yeah Carrie you should try, I know it's hard because some days you just can't be stuffed, but it's just the routine that you need to get into.

I feel good about myself when I'm finished every night. :D

Oh and I don't exersice on the weekends, because, well, who would? :lol:

SCOTTSMYMAN
08-02-2003, 10:36 AM
That's some motivation you have Hayley. I try an exercise as often as I can. I have an exercise bike that I try and ride for at least 30 minutes a day. Plus, I have a very active 20 month old who keeps me on my toes. As far as weekends I agree. I'm usually to busy doing other things to want to exercise on the weekends. :)

JulieCitySlicker
08-02-2003, 12:55 PM
Walking is my motivation;) Its easy but very effective when you do it everyday! Even if its a mile a day, that is 7 miles a week:P If you just start by doing that then you can work yourself up to walk more:dancing: My record for miles walked in one day is 19:bounce: The rest varies anywhere from 3 to 15 on any given day.

JulieCitySlicker
08-02-2003, 12:56 PM
I've also been doing 200 crunches in the morning before I eat and at night before I go to bed:P

hotforscott
08-02-2003, 01:41 PM
I read in a Cosmo magazine that riding a bike is more effective on flattening your stomach then doing sit-ups or crunches. I can't really see where that is true, but they said that doing sit ups and crunches puts so much on your stomach muscles that it makes them bigger and more muscley, and it doesn't flatten your tummy. It said that the bike riding works just the right muscles. I don't really have to worry about losing any weight, and my stomach is still flat, but I think I would feel more energized if I did excercise. Plus I am 24 and have 2 kids and I know eventually the not excercising and the eating whatever I want will catch up to me. Thanks for the advice you guys, I am going to sit down and figure out a plan. :)

Dogstar
08-02-2003, 01:46 PM
Exercise also has other benefits besides the physical stuff. It's a great stress reliever. When I go walking, it gives me a chance to clear my head. And Hayley's right, you do feel more energized and positive (at least I do) after a good sweaty workout. Sometimes I feel as if I'm purifying myself by sweating, like getting all the toxins out of my body, releasing all the bad feelings, all the tension.

JulieCitySlicker
08-02-2003, 03:04 PM
I used to be able to eat whatever I wanted to Carrie;) When I was a little younger and ya it does catch up with you later:eek: Luckily for me I didn't have that much to lose when I got more health bound now:cool: I just had 5-10 pounds instead of what I could of had;) When I was working I just got used to eating what I wanted and burning it off at work.

Sheila63
08-02-2003, 04:42 PM
Exercise also has other benefits besides the physical stuff. It's a great stress reliever. When I go walking, it gives me a chance to clear my head. And Hayley's right, you do feel more energized and positive (at least I do) after a good sweaty workout. Sometimes I feel as if I'm purifying myself by sweating, like getting all the toxins out of my body, releasing all the bad feelings, all the tension.

I agree wth you, Dogstar. When I used to exercise more regularly, I remember sometimes I didn't want to do it but I always felt better afterwards and it is a great way to relieve stress. I'm looking forward to that feeling again now that I'll be exercising on a regular basis again.

hotforscott
08-02-2003, 04:48 PM
I know, I think if I excercised more and ate better I would feel a lot more enegized and not feel so tired all of the time. I also need to replace my cokes with water. I may have to gradually start with all of it, I am not sure if I can go cold turkey on my junk food, my cokes and getting my butt off the computer.....LOL
I am going to try though.

Sheila63
08-02-2003, 05:00 PM
I think doing a little at a time is a good idea, Carrie. That's what I'm doing because I know if I try and change too many of my habits at once, I'll get overwhelmed. Just my :2cents: . I'm making the same kind of changes you are so we'll help each other out. I've got your back!!:)

hotforscott
08-02-2003, 05:39 PM
Cool. Thanks for your advice, Sheila. I know excercising will take away from my Creedfeed time so I have been putting off, LOL!
My biggest thing is the way that water tastes. I need to find something with some taste. Anyone know of any good flavored waters? I have heard some are not really water, like Clearly Canadian, is that true? I may need to jot down in a notebook what I plan to cook ahead of time and that may keep me from eating so much junk. I am sure it will take some time for me to adjust.

Sheila63
08-02-2003, 05:50 PM
I'm going to check out some flavored waters when I go to the store in the next day or two, Carrie, so I'll let you know what I find. I know exercising will take up some time but it will be worth it. I'm going to exercise right after work so I don't have any excuses for getting my butt back out the door to exercise. Plus when I do get home, the rest of the day will be mine and I can still spend time here with all of you.:D

hotforscott
08-02-2003, 05:54 PM
Cool, that sounds like a plan. I will probably do the same as well. I have a bad habit of eating a ton at work. We put in a small refrigerator and microwave back in our receiving room and it has been so easy to snack all day long. I get my stuff at work at cost so I am going to check out the workout videos, too. That will be something the kids can do with me.

TeriB19
08-02-2003, 08:06 PM
Carrie, Dasani Water is awesome!! It's a little more expensive but I love it. I like to get my workout over with in the morning so that I have the rest of the day to do my running around (Or my Creedfeeding).

hotforscott
08-02-2003, 08:22 PM
I know this sounds bad, but I usually have to have something to motivate me to workout, like a cute workout outfit, some peice of equipment or a gym membership. Otherwise, I just put things off. I will have to try that water Teri. I also may look into a gym or something as well.

JulieCitySlicker
08-02-2003, 10:56 PM
I want a Bow Flex really bad;)

hotforscott
08-03-2003, 03:21 AM
I may look into some workout stuff, too. Sometimes those tools make it easier to do the things you need to do. I am just afraid I will get something and then it won't work. You never know about those things.

SCOTTSMYMAN
08-03-2003, 10:40 AM
My hubby wants a Bowflex but I have no room for it right now. Plus, I can't afford one.

hayley
08-03-2003, 09:40 PM
What's a Bowflex?

aprile89
08-04-2003, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by addicted2stapp
What's a Bowflex?

It's like a weight station ... you can workout at home ..... all I have now is a tredmill but I'd like something more.... I'm tryin to see if my ex husband will let me borrow his truck so I can get the cardioglide that's at my sisters house... that'd be nice!! What I REALLY REALLY want is learn how to do Yoga. I bought a book at a garage sale and tried some of it *the best way I knew how and it is ALOT HARDER than you think!! Shoosh!!! I want to loose the weight but I also want to become more Flexible too..I'm sick of being STIFF *for lack of a better word lmao* :eek:

JulieCitySlicker
08-04-2003, 02:47 PM
There is also The Cross Bow;) Its a lot like the Bow Flex but it is a lot cheaper:D They have it at Wal Mart for about $500.00:dancing:Or you can go to www.thecrossbow.com (http://www.thecrossbow.com) and order it there and if you make the payments on it it is only $35.00 a month! I might get that instead of the Bow Flex...as soon as I get a job anyway:rolleyes:

aprile89
08-04-2003, 04:34 PM
Hi guys.. I was doing the dishes and was watchin Dr. Phil *he's on now btw* and it's about people and their weight and the obsession of it... if you can watch... go turn it on.. if not go to
Dr Phil (http://drphil.com) and it should have something about the show :) Hope it helps someone

Sheila63
08-04-2003, 06:37 PM
Thanks for the info and the link, aprile.:)

JulieCitySlicker
08-04-2003, 07:59 PM
Staying fit and excersizing has been my obbsession lately:dancing:

souldancer
08-05-2003, 02:56 AM
I encourage myself, and others...to really question the motivation of their actions. Sometimes I find I have done things that don't jive with my integrity...

souldancer
08-05-2003, 02:57 AM
.oops...I wanted to add - the importance of deep abdominal breathing....for it is our breath ithat connects us to everything - and sustains us.

aprile89
08-05-2003, 09:02 AM
Staying fit and excersizing has been my obbsession lately:dancing:

Ok Ladies ... I've been slacking... someone kick me ...:kick: :spank:

Julbright
08-05-2003, 09:11 AM
Hi guys - just found this thread - sign me up! I have a bowflex - it is GREAT - they are very expensive - my husband also checked into cross bow - he said it would be OK - but he wanted the bowflex cuz of all the extras available - blah blah - he just wanted to spend more money - but it is a great machine and very empowering to know how to use it and have it at my convenience. That doesn't mean I DO use it - but

I have written down a list of reasons why I want to lose weight - after being healthy and being a good role model for my kids - my next most important reason is ..... to be HOT when I meet Scott Stapp !!!!! Wouldn't that be nice. I have a couple pictures of him printed and posted in my weight journal and I am NOT kidding you - sometimes I sit and stare at them next to the box of oreos - trying to choose which one is more important to me - OK I am out of the closet - I am a Scott Stapp addict!

Julbright
08-05-2003, 09:45 AM
OK friends - let's make this official. I have been reading through the thread and I have some advice to offer and then I have a proposition. I have lost significant amounts of weight in the past (40 lbs was the biggest) and I have to say that without a doubt the two most important things that helped me was a plan and accountability. Even just being accountable to myself knowing the every Monday I had to step on the scale and see what it said. It has helped me maintain my overweight but not gain any more since the birth of my kids too. BUT I AM READY - ARE YOU READY? 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 ~

I think we should make this thread shine with motivation! Why don't we start a pound club - everyone weighs in every Monday for instance and contributes thier lost pounds to the total. Then we set a goal, like 500 collective pounds or something and THEN - this is the best part - we put our story together and send it to CREED to thank them for helping us get it together and for the opportunity to meet each other - and MAYBE THEY WILL MEET US! THAT WOULD MOTIVATE ME! Even if that never happened - wouldn't it be cool to have support from each other and to know that every week we could celebrate our successes together or that you could get support from those of us who understand how hard it is if you have not had a successful week? WHO IS WITH ME?

Another idea I had was that we do take it in small steps. For instance maybe we could all try to hit the same goal each week - like week 1 drop down to no more than 1 soda per day and increase water to at least 6 glasses. Week 2 add 20 minutes of exercise at least 2 days - etc etc - ?

Feedback???

aprile89
08-05-2003, 11:10 AM
:clap: :thankyou:
I'm willing to try!! I STINK at keeping myself motivated!! I've done BAD already this week!! I need to knock off the coffee but I don't know how.... Pop isn't so hard for me.. it's the coffee!! :coffee:

Julbright
08-05-2003, 11:21 AM
what is it about the coffee? Could you try decaf? Do you use sugar? How about using Splenda instead if you have trouble with nutrasweet? Have you ever tried any of the flavored fat free creamers? I honestly don't know if that is any better then just using sugar but my husband has been able to quit using sugar in his coffee and we just use the creamers. he says it makes it sweet enough. And that is only one weight watcher point so it can't be that bad :) And if you go to decaf then you can drink as much coffee as you want I think - it is really the cream and sugar that gets you. I actually enjoy water but just am out of the habit - one thing I have done in the past is to get a 32 oz water bottle and I plan to drink two per day. I have coffee in the morning but then I only drink water until I have finished a whole bottle of water. Then I can "reward" myself with a Diet Coke (my favorite soda). Those little games I play with myself seem to keep me entertained enough to do it. Focus on the health aspect too - not just losing weight. We need to be thinking we don't care how much we weigh as long as we are healthy. All that sugar won't make you healthy.

Anyone who is on board with our little club - go weigh your self so on Monday next week we can donate our lost pounds to the cause. We also need an awesome Creedified name for ourselves!

JulieCitySlicker
08-05-2003, 04:02 PM
:clap: :thankyou: &nbsp;
I'm willing to try!! I STINK at keeping myself motivated!! I've done BAD already this week!! I need to knock off the coffee but I don't know how.... Pop isn't so hard for me.. it's the coffee!! :coffee:

Hey April! I cut pop outand quit drinking that altogether:dancing: Its been 2 months since I've touched the stuff to:D I was drinking atleast 5-6 pops a day to! If I can do that then you can do it to, with coffee I mean;)

JulieCitySlicker
08-05-2003, 04:09 PM
I have been getting a lot of good info from the south beach diet:P You can get a free diet profile as well Heres the link www.dailydish@southbeachdiet.com (http://www.dailydish@southbeachdiet.com). I want to join cuz they give you a lot of great dieting stuff and recipes, and some other cool stuff :bounce: It costs $29.99 to join their club!

aprile89
08-05-2003, 04:46 PM
KEWL!!! Thanks for the link Julie!!

JulieCitySlicker
08-05-2003, 06:17 PM
Your Welcome:)

Bridge of Clay
08-05-2003, 07:24 PM
oh, I thought this thread was about something else...

Just tonight I took time to click on it...

When I was 14, I lost 8 pounds in 2 weeks... but it was due illness. Since then, Iīve been losing weight pretty easily. I mean, itīs not like Iīm Popeyeīs girfriend, but Iīm building my abdominal! :D

But I guess this isnīt really the way you should go to get thin...

Bridge of Clay
08-05-2003, 07:30 PM
oh, forgot to mention: I drink soda only on weekends, for dessert I have only yogurt, donīt care about chocolate...

I donīt eat salad either... never liked it. for breakfast, I have only a slice of bread with a cup of milk with a little bit of coffee.

The biggest meal is lunch. I always have rice and beans, and something to mix with: either chicken or meat. Give preference to chicken. But donīt abuse!

For dinner, Iīm use to have a turkey sandwich and thatīs all.

I swear, you donīt get hungry, you donīt suffer and you lose weight.

If youīre able to exercise at least twice a week, itīs better. You donīt have to do nothing exceptional. Walk (long steps!) around your neighbourhood for like 30 to 45 minutes (youīll only burn fat after the first half of hour). If you can run, run. Swimming is an excellent choice too.

Sheila63
08-05-2003, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Julbright
Anyone who is on board with our little club - go weigh your self so on Monday next week we can donate our lost pounds to the cause. &nbsp; &nbsp;We also need an awesome Creedified name for ourselves!

I'm on board, Julbright.:) I'll see if I can think of a name.

Julie, thanks for the link for the diet profile.:D

aprile, I'm not a coffee drinker but I am working on not drinking soda. Some days are easier than others. We'll do what we can to help you out.:)

TeriB19
08-05-2003, 10:53 PM
I have been drinking water for years now, I rarely drink soda (maybe once every 2 months if we're out at a fast food place) and milk on occasion. So I picked up a 4 pack of Crystal Light Pink Lemonade bottles and it was so sweet I had to cut it with a lot of water. I guess I'm so used to the taste of plain water that I was overwhelmed with the flavor of the Lemonade.

JulieCitySlicker
08-05-2003, 11:06 PM
I like the gatorade Propel fitness water;) They have great flavors like wild berry, kiwi strawberry, and I think a lemon lime one to:D They are really good and they give you energy!

SCOTTSMYMAN
08-06-2003, 09:27 AM
I like those propel waters too. They can even be really sweet depending on the flavor. Sode is a killer! Hubby lost 25lbs. as soon as he cut out soda. I can't even drink it right now because my stomach is too small and carbonation(sp?) cause your stomach to expand. Diet soda causes it more then regular soda! Go figure.

Dogstar
08-06-2003, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by souldancer
I encourage myself, and others...to really question the motivation of their actions. &nbsp;Sometimes I find I have done things that don't jive with my integrity...

Wise words, souldancer. It definitely should be something you want to do for yourself and not for some societal reasons. Easier said than done, though :D.

And I agree with you on the breathing. .What a great stress reliever as well.

Julbright
08-06-2003, 03:34 PM
It is easier said than done but I know from years of experience with weight issues that the only way it comes off is if I really want it to. Can't be about my hubby, my clothes, whatever - BUT I can imagine how I would feel if I were my ideal size (which is an 8 BTW - not shooting for unrealistic goals) and got to see Scottie. So it realy wouldn't be another person's "judgment" of me that would motivate me as much as it is my comfort level with myself and my knowing that I am presenting on the outside what a cool person I know I am on the inside. AND - I just want to be healthy - I could stay this weight forever and be happy if I knew I was taking care of my body -which I am not right now.

SCOTTSMYMAN
08-07-2003, 12:17 AM
I hear that Julbright. It never works if you don't do it for yourself. I know I tried doing it that way. I've been doing it for myself with a little help now and I've lost 70lbs. I couldn't be happier and I'm able to have the energy I was once lacking. Shopping has become alot more fun for me lately too!:)

JulieCitySlicker
08-07-2003, 12:24 AM
I'm tryingto convince my brother to stop drinking pop to:dancing:

SCOTTSMYMAN
08-07-2003, 12:38 AM
Tell him you know of some one who stopped drinking pop and lost 30lbs. My hubby stopped and he lost all that weight. Now he only drinks water!:)

JulieCitySlicker
08-07-2003, 12:46 AM
Thats the same with me Kris:) I've only been drinking water for the past 2 months and I havn't even been so much as tempted to touch a pop now:P I just feel so much better not drinking it:dancing:

Julbright
08-07-2003, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by SCOTTSMYMAN
I've been doing it for myself with a little help now and I've lost 70lbs. I couldn't be happier &nbsp;

70 lbs! WOW! That's so great. GOOD FOR YOU! :thumbsup: :clap:

aprile89
08-07-2003, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Sheila63

aprile, I'm not a coffee drinker but I am working on not drinking &nbsp;soda. &nbsp;Some days are easier than others. &nbsp;We'll do what we can to help you out.:)

THANKS guys.. I did ok this morning on coffee.... I only had 2 cups and I used equal instead of sugar!! :) :)

Now what can we call ourselves???

Mulletman
08-07-2003, 02:43 PM
Tell him you know of some one who stopped drinking pop and lost 30lbs. My hubby stopped and he lost all that weight. Now he only drinks water!:)

yea i did too, but id much rather rune miles than give up my cafinee

SCOTTSMYMAN
08-07-2003, 05:19 PM
He really doesn't miss it that much(soda). He still has an occasinal soda every now and then but he just lives without it!

Sheila63
08-07-2003, 08:43 PM
THANKS guys.. I did ok this morning on coffee.... I only had 2 cups and I used equal instead of sugar!! :) :) &nbsp;

That's Great, aprile!!:dancing: Good for you!!

I've had some soda the last few days but not as much as I'm used to drinking. There have been a few days that I haven't had any. I think if I can totally stop drinking it, I'll feel better. So I'm going to cut it out totally from now on.

Carrie, I haven't forgotten about finding some healthier alternatives for us to drink instead of soda. It's kind of been a hectic week and haven't had a chance to go to the store yet. I will let you know.

aprile, I'm not sure what we should call ourselves. I'll get my brain working on that and see what I come up with.:hammer:

JulieCitySlicker
08-07-2003, 08:49 PM
THANKS guys.. I did ok this morning on coffee.... I only had 2 cups and I used equal instead of sugar!! :) :) &nbsp;

Oh Gosh! I'm horrible at thinking of names for things:embarass: :embarass:

Anyone have some ideas:dunno:

JulieCitySlicker
08-07-2003, 08:54 PM
We went to the YMCA tonight to check on getting a membership there and to check on their prices:dancing: They gave us a tour and they have a lot of nice gym equiptment there and a pool and everything! The people that worked there were really nice to:D We are gonna try for getting the scholarship cuz we don't make that much money since I'm not working. My friend got the scholarship and she only had to have $30 down and she only pays $8-$9 a month!

Mulletman
08-07-2003, 09:57 PM
He really doesn't miss it that much(soda). He still has an occasinal soda every now and then but he just lives without it!

i did, id give my left kidney for it!

Julbright
08-08-2003, 08:35 AM
Now what can we call ourselves??? [/b]

I haven't found anything clever from the lyrics yet, but what do you think of this

The Creed "FEED" Club?

CreedLovers
Returning
Exercise &
Eating Healthy to our
Daily Lives

Our Motto: Feeding our needs WITH Creed!

Sheila63
08-08-2003, 09:18 AM
I like it, Julbright. Especially the Motto.:) :crest:

JulieCitySlicker
08-08-2003, 12:43 PM
I like it to:dancing:

SCOTTSMYMAN
08-09-2003, 12:16 AM
That works for me Julbright!:)

Julbright
08-09-2003, 09:15 AM
Well, three votes for yes - so I guess we are tentatively known as the Creed FEED Club - with a focus on being healthy (not necessarily losing weight but that is a byproduct of our new healthy lifestyles) and energized - and enriching our lives with Creed Music and friends rather than food and bad habits. Yes????

JulieCitySlicker
08-09-2003, 10:13 PM
We got groceries today and bought these ice cream sandwiches:dancing: Any way they are healthy ones! The brand is called The Skinny Cow and they only have 2 grams of fat per sandwich and they are really awesome! You can't even tell they don't have the full fat in them!

hotforscott
08-09-2003, 10:28 PM
Well that's cool, Julie. Do they taste good?

JulieCitySlicker
08-09-2003, 10:30 PM
Ya! They are really good Carrie:dancing: You can't even tell that they are healthy:P

hotforscott
08-09-2003, 10:31 PM
I may have to check those out. I like stuff that's good for you and you can't tell. :D

JulieCitySlicker
08-09-2003, 10:41 PM
Me to Carrie! They are great;)

Julbright
08-10-2003, 10:55 AM
Skinny Cows are great and they are only like 2 or 3 points I think on Weight Watchers - and anything that tastes good for 2 or 3 points is a keeper!

Sheila63
08-10-2003, 01:40 PM
Well, three votes for yes - so I guess we are tentatively known as the Creed FEED Club - with a focus on being healthy (not necessarily losing weight but that is a byproduct of our new healthy lifestyles) and energized - and enriching our lives with Creed Music and friends rather than food and bad habits. &nbsp;Yes????

Yes, count me in, Julbright.:)

Julie, I've seen th skinny cow ice cream in the stores too but I haven't tried them yet.

I'm doing well with not drinking any soda the last few days but I gotta tell you, I wanted one earlier today but I didn't give into the temptation and I've been drinking water all day.:D

JulieCitySlicker
08-10-2003, 07:17 PM
We got the ice cream sandwichs at Sams Club;)

hotforscott
08-10-2003, 07:39 PM
Cool, I will have to pick some up. I love Sam's.

JulieCitySlicker
08-11-2003, 12:18 PM
I love Sams to Carrie:bounce:

aprile89
08-12-2003, 06:41 PM
Hi Everyone!! Sorry I haven't been on this board lately ... been workin hard on another board * http://pub117.ezboard.com/bmycreedvision * We're tryin to get enuff people over there .... Anywho .... Just posting to let ya'll know I am doing GREAT with the coffee thing. I only drink 1-2 cups NO SUGAR I use equal and I have been walkin 2 miles a day. My Muscles and joints HATE MY GUTS as of now but no pain no gain right???? How are ALL of you doing??? Who's the one that sid she had a bow Flex?? I am seriously considering getting one of those. I have a membership at the YMCA but getting there is a different story. I figured the $$$$ I spend at the YMCA I could spend the same and get equipment and stay at home. I am TRYING to get my son active also cause if I don't he'll end up like his mommy and daddy and Grand ma and Grandpa Hell EVERYONE in my family is Over weight. How BIG is the Bow Flex anyway??

Sheila63
08-12-2003, 08:17 PM
Hey, aprile! Congratulations on doing so well with the coffee. That's GREAT!!!:dancing:

I've been doing pretty well myself, I'm eating healthier - eating more veggies and less carbs. I've also been doing well with staying away from soda although I did have one today because I wasn't feeling that well. It was the first one I've had in 4-5 days. The days I haven't had any, I've had a craving for it but fortunately, the craving went away and I drank other things instead.

Julbright
08-12-2003, 09:59 PM
Aprile - great job with the coffee and the moving! I am so proud of you! I have a bowflex - it isn't that big really and it does fold up. It goes nearly all the way to the ceiling and is sticks out probably 2 feet longer than a standard weight bench. It is SUPER expensive but I do love the convenience. I like the way it works too except for calf exercises - those kinda suck on the bowflex. Everything else is doable and exceeds my expectations! Going to be away from computer for few days - get back with you guys probably next week!

aprile89
08-13-2003, 11:16 AM
<span style='font-family:century gothic'>Thanks everyone!!! Shelia it's ok to give in every once in a while ... If you don't "treat" yourself the cravings will get WORSE!!!! lmao I've done it 100 times... there's always that FINE line between satisfying a craving and then telling yourself it's ok.... I'll start over again tomorrow.... lol lol know what I mean??
Thanks Julbright for the info... I REALLY REALLY want a Bow Flex think I'm gonna do my homeowork and talk my dad into "investing" with me lol cause it'll be at HIS house. He can't go to the gym as often as he used to either lol </span>

Sheila63
08-13-2003, 12:40 PM
Thanks, aprile.:) You're absolutely, right. I know I've had times when I've deprived myself of something and I just overdid it on something else instead. We're human and sometimes we do need a treat. At least I'm not drinking it everyday anymore. That's an improvement right there and I've notice I do feel differently when I don't drink it. Thanks again for the support.:angel:

aprile89
08-13-2003, 09:48 PM
NO Problem :)

That's what we're here for right?? :bigjump:

Sheila63
08-14-2003, 10:08 AM
Yep, you're right.:thumbsup:

BTW, I love your avie pic, aprile.:wub:

JenRN
08-14-2003, 11:17 AM
awesome thread girls!:thumbsup:

aprile89
08-14-2003, 11:43 AM
Yep, you're right.:thumbsup: &nbsp;

BTW, I love your avie pic, aprile.:wub:
Meeeeeeeeeeee tooo .... Love the Smile on his face :thud:

hey Shelia are you Creedfan40 on my Creed Vision Bulletin board??

Sheila63
08-14-2003, 12:15 PM
Yes, aprile, that's me!:)

And Jen, thanks. I think it's great that we can encourage and support each other too.:angel:

Julbright
08-16-2003, 10:18 AM
<b><span style='font-family:century gothic'>
Thanks Julbright for the info... I REALLY REALLY want a Bow Flex think I'm gonna do my homeowork and talk my dad into "investing" with me lol cause it'll be at HIS house. He can't go to the gym as often as he used to either lol </span> </b>

Aprile - this is the 2nd time we bought a bowflex - we sold our 1st one when we moved and my husband missed it so he got it again. I truly love it when I actually use it - I just hesitate to encourage you to spend a ton of money because I do believe we can all find ways to get in shape without breaking the bank. BUT I do love my bowflex and I love the strength I feel when I am faithfully using it. I can't say anything bad about it except the calf thing and the cost.

I also agree about treating yourself once in a while! I repeat my game that I play with myself - when I drink half my daily water quota - I treat myself to a soda. Sometimes I don't even want one but if I have that craving - I make myself get through the 32 ounce water bottle first. Then I don't feel guilty about it and I enjoy my soda - because it is all about balance! I really believe that deprivation will backfire on us and potentially cause binges!

Sheila63
08-16-2003, 12:48 PM
You make a very good point, Julbright. More and more I'm realizing it's about balance. I live with one of my sisters who has never had a weight problem. She eats well the majority of the time and she's active but occasionally she allows herself to have some of her favorites - potato chips and doughnuts. I know I've done the whole deprivation thing too and you're right, it just causes me to binge. I'm also starting to become more active (going to the Y in awhile) so I know that will help too.

Julbright
08-16-2003, 07:03 PM
You make a very good point, Julbright. &nbsp;More and more I'm realizing it's about balance. &nbsp;I live with one of my sisters who has never had a weight problem. &nbsp;She eats well the majority of the time and she's active but occasionally she allows herself to have some of her favorites - potato chips and doughnuts. &nbsp;I know I've done the whole deprivation thing too and you're right, it just causes me to binge. &nbsp;I'm also starting to become more active (going to the Y in awhile) so I know that will help too.

You are so right - being active will help too. I find that I often say that to my teenager - All of life really is about balance ! I can't think of one example of anything that that doesn't apply to!

In terms of weight - I think that is why so many people are attracted to Weight Watchers points programs - you eat whatever you want as long as you stay in your points range and it only takes a couple weeks on the plan to realize that you have to balance or you will be very hungry and not see results! You get to bank points if you know that you are going to be heading to a big event or meal - meaning that you don't use all your points from the days before - etc. It teaches you to think it through and plan ahead to find the balance. I have also looked at doing the Body for Life Program which is pretty restrictive with food for 6 days and on the 7th you are told to eat whatever you want. Kind of a different concept of balance there but it still acknowledges that there has got to be some balance.

I think if we are too rigid we will be bouncing back and forth alot - it seems that you and I have both experienced that. AND I also believe in small steps - one soda a day versus 10 is HUGE progress and we need to celebrate all successes no matter how small!

Being aware is half the battle ! Keep it up!

Sheila63
08-16-2003, 07:18 PM
Thanks for all of the encouragement and support, Julbright.:angel:

I've tried Weight Watchers in the past with some success but for awhile, I'm going to focus on being more active and changing some of my eating habits on my own and see what happens. I've thrown alot of money out the window trying different programs to lose weight. I did my first workout at the Y today after having to wait for an appointment and I feel great!!:dancing:

JulieCitySlicker
08-16-2003, 07:21 PM
We should find out about our membership app to the Y this week:dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

Sheila63
08-16-2003, 07:29 PM
That's excellent, Julie.:) Let us know when you hear anything.

JulieCitySlicker
08-16-2003, 07:30 PM
I will Sheila:dancing:

Julbright
08-17-2003, 12:30 PM
Thanks for all of the encouragement and support, Julbright.:angel: &nbsp;

I've tried Weight Watchers in the past with some success but for awhile, I'm going to focus on being more active and changing some of my eating habits on my own and see what happens. &nbsp;I've thrown alot of money out the window trying different programs to lose weight. &nbsp;I did my first workout at the Y today after having to wait for an appointment and I feel great!!:dancing:

Great that you feel great!!!! I was certainly not suggesting that we blow a bunch of money on weight loss programs - just suggesting that even some of thebig programs acknowledge that there has to be some balance - I just don't think deprivation works.

I have not been healthy at all this week. We were on vacation for three days and I ate whatever I wanted and that is not good. I have not gotten back into the swing since returning home. I am looking forward to kids being back in school this week so maybe I can get some structure back into my days.

Sheila63
08-17-2003, 01:17 PM
I understand what you were saying, Julbright. :) I think you're right, overall I think Weight Watchers is one of the healthier weight loss programs.

Being on vacation is tough. I know I usually treat myself more and sometimes it's hard to get back to your routine after returning home. I'm sure you'll do just great this week, Julbright. Hang in there, you sound like you've got a very sensible approach and you'll return to your normal structure in no time.

To go along with my exercising, I went to the grocery store this mornng and stocked up on some healtheir things to eat and drink. I got lots of veggies, fruit and some naturally sweetened Ocean Spray CranGrape juice that Kris recommended.

Dogstar
08-17-2003, 07:18 PM
Man, it's an endless battle sometimes, isn't it? Don't worry Julbright, I'm sure you'll get back in the swing of things soon enough. You are right about deprivation. It never works, at least not for me. Balance in all things...My mom was telling me about an article she read in a magazine recently that rated all the popular weight-loss plans out there from the South Beach diet to Weight Watchers and Jenny Craig. The bottom line was that all the programs were good for a jumpstart, but that in the end it pretty much boils down to eating less and moving more, LOL...Hehe, tell me something I don't know! Anyway, I've been doing a modified Atkins program. I eat all the fruit I want because there's no way I'm going to not eat fruit, LOL. What the whole approach did for me was get me out of some unhealthy habits I'd returned to and got me thinking about taking better care of myself. Today, I got into a pair of shorts I hadn't worn in four years. I was one happy girl :).

Sheila, sounds as if you doing all the right things!

For me, a lot of it has to do with mental approach as well. I try not be negative about it (as I tend to be about things sometimes), and thinking of it more in terms of overall health, rather than weight loss, even though losing weight is a big part of the motivation.

Sheila63
08-17-2003, 07:55 PM
WhoooooHooooooooo!!! Congratulations on getting into a pair of your old shorts!!:bounce: :bounce:

And thanks for your kind words.:D You're absolutely right about retraining our brains on how to approach this whole issue. That's what I'm trying to do as well. Although I want to lose weight, I'm thinking about it as a healthier way to live and take care of myself.

Dogstar
08-17-2003, 08:31 PM
Thanks, Sheila! I still have a ways to go, but I'm trying to do it in small steps :). I just couldn't believe they fit when I tried them on, LOL!

Julbright
08-17-2003, 10:43 PM
Man, it's an endless battle sometimes, isn't it? Don't worry Julbright, I'm sure you'll get back in the swing of things soon enough. You are right about deprivation. It never works, at least not for me. Balance in all things...

Today, I got into a pair of shorts I hadn't worn in four years. I was one happy girl :).

Congratulations! :dancing: That is such a great feeling I am sure!

It is an endless battle and I think I just need to remember that I am never really going to have a normal relationship with food. I use it for all the wrong reasons - when I am happy, sad, angry, lonely, bored, or otherwise emoting - instead of to provide fuel and nutrition to my body - so in that way the struggle will always be endless. At least I am not mindlessly eating everything these days - usually I can just put it away without thinking about it but all of vacation I thought while I was eating junk that I was eating junk, it made me feel bad, and I didn't really enjoy it that much. Got to start restructuring the thoughts -

Julbright
08-17-2003, 10:44 PM
Thanks for the support too, ladies - it really does help to chat here

Julbright
08-18-2003, 09:03 AM
OK dear Creed Feed Club friends - It is Monday and time to contribute our accountibility information. I think it needs to be clarified that you will not be expected to share your weight, just the number of pounds and/or inches you are donating to the club. I will keep a running count, and when we hit milestones (like 25, 50 pounds, etc - I will have a celebration post (and any other suggestions you may have.)

I would like to suggest the following format:

1. weigh-in/measure up
2. successes
3. challenges
4. goals for upcoming week

I will start :

From the time we started until now I am +1 - yep that's right I gained a pound in the last couple weeks. I haven't done any measuring but I am guessing I lost no inches either.

My successes: prior to vacation, I was drinking my entire daily quota of water and made very healthy choices for several days in a row.

My challenges: Vacation!!! OH, and let's not forget PMS which coincided with the last day of vacation and the return home day.

My goals: To visit this thread everyday and reap the benefits of your support; to drink all my water daily; to keep a journal of everything I put in my mouth; to create some menus so I can plan ahead and not make bad choices due to poor planning; to exercise at least 3 days this week.

Sheila63
08-18-2003, 11:58 AM
You're welcome for the support, Julbright. You're right, coming here helps me as well. It's a reminder for me that I'm not alone in all of this. I understand that without coming here but somehow all of this reinforces that fact and it helps me from getting discouraged. For example, I can totally relate to you when you said you eat for other reasons than to fuel your body because I've done the same thing for many years. That's what I'm trying to change right now. I'm trying to eat when I'm "physically" hungry and not for any other reason. Some days are easier than others and like everything else, it takes time.

As for the accountability info, I think that's a good idea. I didn't check my weight this morning because my scaling hasn't been working right but I'm going to the Y this afternoon and I'll weight myself there and get back to everyone on that info.

You had a double whammy! Between the vacation and PMS :eek:, that's enough to make anyone eat more than usual. I have confidence that you'll do great this week.:D

AllForTheBoys
08-18-2003, 02:14 PM
I like digital scales, it's fun to see the numbers go down as you are loseing weight!!:D It makes you want to keep on loseing more!!;)

JulieCitySlicker
08-18-2003, 04:18 PM
Grr! We got a letter today from the Y on our app and my brother didn't send them the right information, so they weren't able to process it:( :rolleyes: :mad:

Sheila63
08-18-2003, 08:50 PM
I'm sorry to hear that, Julie.:( Hopefully you can correct the information and get it processed soon.

JulieCitySlicker
08-18-2003, 08:51 PM
Here goes another 2-3 weeks waiting to go to the gym:( :rolleyes:

Sheila63
08-18-2003, 08:56 PM
I know, I had to wait awhile to go too, Julie.:( It's hard because I was anxious to get started, then I had to wait.

JulieCitySlicker
08-18-2003, 09:07 PM
I know:( I hate waiting:rolleyes:

Julbright
08-18-2003, 10:54 PM
They won't let you like have a temporary kind of thing at the Y? I have no experience with the "Y" but I thought they would be a little more accomodating?

JulieCitySlicker
08-18-2003, 11:01 PM
<b>They won't let you like have a temporary kind of thing at the Y? &nbsp;I have no experience with the "Y" but I thought they would be a little more accomodating? </b>
They wanted to have 2 pay stubs and a copy of income tax forms cuz we applied for the financial aide app and my brother couldn't find his so he tried to give them a copy of it that he found on the internet site:rolleyes: They didn't take it though and his pay stubs weren't recent enough.

Julbright
08-18-2003, 11:27 PM
yikes - I am sorry there is a delay for you - hopefully it will all get worked out soon.

JenRN
08-19-2003, 08:53 AM
My ass is grass!!! I am going to the gym Wednesday and have not gone for 3 weeks:embarass: I have had a million of excuses as to why I can't go, but tommaow my butt is on that elyptical machine if it kills me! I can relate to all of you girls about food issues, it is an on- going battle. I for the most part eat pretty healthy, I just eat WAY too big of portions! I don't drink soda which helps, believe me that carbonation bloats you out more than you think. So great job ladies I am so happy you have this thread:thumbsup:

JulieCitySlicker
08-19-2003, 01:50 PM
yikes - I am sorry there is a delay for you - hopefully it will all get worked out soon.

Dogstar
08-20-2003, 03:50 AM
LMAO, Jen! I hope you got to the gym! I myself have been a little lazy the last couple of weeks, but that's going to stop. I'm going to get my butt outside and do some walking, LOL. I found my weights again, too, and I'm going to start with them as well. Time to tone up!

aprile89
08-20-2003, 10:29 AM
**Aprile sneaks into thread with her Bull Horn** OK LADIES!!! GET OFF YOUR BUTTS, PUT DOWN THE COOKIES and CHIPS .. PICK UP THE WATER and get your BUTTOCKS to the GYM OR WALK! DO SOMETHING!!! MOVE IT MOVE IT MOVE IT!!

:banana: I say this with all the Love and support :banana:

Julbright
08-20-2003, 10:51 AM
APRILE :lolsign: You crack me up! I DID think of you this am when the alarm went off - however I rolled over and ignored it. EXCUSE ALERT: Today was my daughter's first day of Kindergarten and of course she was up at like the crack of dawn standing at my bed saying "Is it time to go to school yet?" SO She was in bed with me and I decided I would much rather cuddle with her on the last day of life as we knew it than drag myself out of bed to exercise. (that was a pretty good excuse, though, no? ) My other half gets home today so tomorrow I am hitting the pavement to burn off some butt fat while the family is still sleeping. This is a promise. I might have to come home to revive my husband when he sees me actually doing it - but I am there.

Sheila63
08-20-2003, 11:55 AM
LMAO!!! All of you are making me laugh this morning. I'm glad I came in here because I really don't feel like going to exercise today but I need to get my butt in gear and go today because I couldn't go Monday or yesterday due to some other appts. but today, I'm just feeling tired and lazy, which I know are NOT valid excuses.....so I'm off to the Y after work whether I feel like it or not. I'm making it a promise to myself and to all of you. I'll let you know how I did later.:)

Julbright, I hope your daughter has a great first day at school today.:D What you said in your post about the two of you this morning was so sweet.

Julbright
08-20-2003, 12:03 PM
so I'm off to the Y after work whether I feel like it or not. &nbsp;I'm making it a promise to myself and to all of you. &nbsp;I'll let you know how I did later.:) &nbsp;

Good for you Sheila - I know it is ssoo hard to get motivated but once you get there and get started you will be so proud. Good luck - I will be eager to hear how it goes.

Sheila63
08-20-2003, 12:08 PM
Thanks for the support, Julbright.:angel:

aprile89
08-20-2003, 01:07 PM
Ok Shelia .. I WILL be checkin in on you Lil missy!!! no excuses!!! Don't wanna hear I had to stay at work later than expected either ... lol lol

Julbright ... I'll let it slide this time :D That was a VERY good excuse .. did it take long to think of it?? ;) *snickers* I'm kiddin with ya :P Hey guess What ... I'm lookin into buying the Bowflex on Ebay!! The one I am lookin at is Bow Flex (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3623220554&category=15278#ebayphotohosting) Current bid is $295.00 :) that's a GREAT price I think .. whatcha think Jul??

Julbright
08-20-2003, 01:14 PM
Aprile - OMG that sounds great - I say go for it - I have always had very good luck with Ebay stuff! I don't know about the rips in the rods but if the guy says it is only cosmetic than who cares - that is a phenominal price - even with the $175.00 shipping

JulieCitySlicker
08-20-2003, 01:47 PM
Ok Shelia .. I WILL be checkin in on you Lil missy!!! &nbsp;no excuses!!! Don't wanna hear I had to stay at work later than expected either ... lol lol &nbsp;

Julbright ... I'll let it slide this time :D &nbsp;That was a VERY good excuse .. did it take long to think of it?? ;) &nbsp;*snickers* I'm kiddin with ya :P &nbsp;Hey guess What ... I'm lookin into buying the Bowflex on Ebay!! &nbsp;The one I am lookin at is Bow Flex (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3623220554&category=15278#ebayphotohosting) Current bid is $295.00 :) that's a GREAT price I think .. whatcha think Jul??

Wow April:wow: You got an awesome deal girl:dancing: I'm so jealous:) I WANT ONE 2!!!:bounce:

Dogstar
08-20-2003, 02:23 PM
LOL, it's a good thing I came in here...I'm wicked lazy today. Had a busy, fun weekend, but I'm going to make sure I walk today. I got a phone call that lasted too long, so it interrupted my plan, but there is a little gym at work so I have no excuse. I will walk after work tonight or on my dinner break!

JulieCitySlicker
08-20-2003, 02:26 PM
I wanna do some walking today to but it is gonna be HOT here today:eek: With the heat index it could be 105-110 degrees:pant: I might go anyway and take water with me but I don't think I'll go very far today;) Don't feel like dying of heat stroke today or any day for that matter:(

Dogstar
08-20-2003, 02:33 PM
Yeah, be careful in the heat, Julie. We have heat warnings here, too, and ozone alerts. It's really not good for anybody to go out in that when it's like that. I'm lucky I have the gym at work :D.

JulieCitySlicker
08-20-2003, 02:35 PM
Oh God! That would be nice Dogstar to have a gym, well at home for me:D

Sheila63
08-20-2003, 07:11 PM
Ok Shelia .. I WILL be checkin in on you Lil missy!!! &nbsp;no excuses!!! Don't wanna hear I had to stay at work later than expected either ... lol lol &nbsp;

LMAO!! Aprile, thanks for kickin' my butt, I needed it today but I can honestly say (swear on a stack of bibles :P ) that I went and worked out! Although it was tough getting there, I feel better knowing that I kept that committment to myself.:)

Julbright
08-20-2003, 07:28 PM
SHEILA :bounce: AWESOME! :dancing: YOU Must be so Proud of yourself. :thewave: And I am proud of you :flowers:

Every little step is a big success. I will think of you all when I am trying to talk myself out of getting up in the morning. I won't want to get on here tomorrow and confess that I didn't work out, so I will be doing it.

JulieCitySlicker
08-20-2003, 07:29 PM
HOORAY FOR SHEILA:dancing: :dancing: :dancing: You go girl!

Sheila63
08-20-2003, 07:42 PM
Thanks guys, I appreciate it!! :angel: Julbright, I know you can do it tomorrow. I know what helped me besides everyone's encouragement was to remind myself that I'm doing it to get healthy.

Dogstar
08-20-2003, 07:50 PM
Way to go, Sheila!

Sheila63
08-20-2003, 07:53 PM
Thanks, Dogstar.:D I forgot to mention that I stopped on the way home and treated myself.....but not with food, LOL!! I went to the music store and bought myself Sevendust's Animosity cd. I've been wanting one of their cds for awhile.:)

hotforscott
08-20-2003, 11:04 PM
Too cool. That is a much better treat. Music is a powerful thing.

Julbright
08-21-2003, 08:23 AM
Sheila I agree that is a wonderful reward!

Julbright
08-21-2003, 08:29 AM
:: Julbright, who is Catholic, enters the confessional bright and early on a Thursday morning::

Bless me Father, for I have sinned

I did not keep a promise to my Creed FEED Club friends. BUT I did get up at 5:45 and while walking to the bathroom to get dressed to exercise I realized I had fever and chills (that would also explain the sweats during the night I suppose) and that my head also weighed about 50 lbs more than it did yesterday. Add that to my doubled over in pain stomach cramps from last night and the fact that I have been overtired lazy and grouchy for 2 days - Hey wait = I think I am sick!!! So I took two Tylenol and went back to bed. I am ashamed, Father, and ask forgiveness. Please, God, don't let it rain here today and help me get over this bug so that I may do my penance this evening by going out walking when hubby gets home from work. Amen.

SCOTTSMYMAN
08-21-2003, 11:11 AM
If you're sick we understand. I've been bad myself and because of a monthly problem have been laid up for a couple of days myself. I promise by tomorrow I'll be back up working my butt off!

Sheila63
08-21-2003, 11:31 AM
Kris is right, Julbright. Please don't beat yourself up over not exercising, when you're sick, you can't help it.:( I hope both you and Kris feel better soon. I was sick last week so I know how you feel, it sucks!!!:( :mad:

aprile89
08-21-2003, 11:37 AM
Julbright .... WE forgive you!!! just promise when you are better LEAVE THE ALARM GOING and don't HIT snooze!!!! *snickers*

And Shelia ..WTG GIRL!!! So proud you didn't reat yourself to a hot fudge sunday but got a CD instead!!!

Just remember if you eat the sunday .. this will happen ...

http://www.arcamax.com/ezines/ga/200308/4394.gif

Julbright
08-21-2003, 11:43 AM
Thank you for understanding. It is hard not to get discouraged because it always seems like it is something. I have the aforementioned monthly problem come over me over the weekend and thought that was why I was feeling so crappy but now I know it was something in addition. It just always feels like there is something - I am working on improving my committment. I have been drinking my water which totally helps. I bet if I hadn't been my head congestion would be even worse.

Thanks again!

Sheila63
08-21-2003, 11:48 AM
ROTFLMAO, aprile!!!:lol: :lol: You're too funny!!

And thanks for the encouragement.:angel: Although that sundae sounds really good, I'm trying to remember why I'm doing all of this - for my health. I've also found another motivator........if I'm going to be on the rail during the next tour, I want to be in better shape than I am in now so, that's helping too, LOL!! :dancing:

Dogstar
08-21-2003, 12:08 PM
Julbright and Kris, I hope you guys feel better soon! And you should always listen to your body. If you're sick, you're not doing yourself any favors by pushing it. Rest is a good thing. I also try not to tell myself that I've been bad if I have not followed the plan to the best of my ability. I look at it more as a missed opportunity and a chance to recommit to it. It's really hard to get those negative phrases and images out of my head sometimes, but when I hear that stuff creep into my head, I try to replace it with more positive thoughts. It's not always easy, and I'll tell ya, it never happens during that time of the month :D. I'm just a grouch, hehehehe.

aprile89
08-21-2003, 12:23 PM
ROTFLMAO, aprile!!!:lol: :lol: &nbsp;You're too funny!!

I've also found another motivator........if I'm going to be on the rail during the next tour, I want to be in better shape than I am in now so, that's helping too, LOL!! :dancing:

YOU GO GIRL!!! Gotta be in shape to KNOCK the rest of em outta the way!!!!

Julbright
08-21-2003, 12:24 PM
I've also found another motivator........if I'm going to be on the rail during the next tour, I want to be in better shape than I am in now so, that's helping too, LOL!! :dancing:

I am so with that thought too! I got mildly obsessed yesterday with trying to get to Tampa for the Chrystal Reel Awards but when I got to thinking about who I would take with me I ruled out both my sisters and my friends who were all too skinny - I don't want to be the fat one when I meet Scott (which WILL happen). I was so relieved in some ways when I found out they weren't going to appear after all and I had some more time to get in shape.

I also have a BIG college reunion in February and I REFUSE to attend that function in this physical condition. It just CANNOT happen. I will be very down on myself if I don't get this taken care of.

Do you guys ever feel like you are a skinny person trapped in this body? I have always had a little chub in my life but NEVER like this and I often forget that I am fat until I see pictures and stuff. My body image is SOOO distorted! When I was younger and prob 10 pounds overweight I thought I was morbidly obese - and now that I am close to morbidly obese I don't seem to think too much about it - what is that about????

Dogstar
08-21-2003, 12:31 PM
[b]I am so with that thought too! &nbsp;I got mildly obsessed yesterday with trying to get to Tampa for the Chrystal Reel Awards but when I got to thinking about who I would take with me I ruled out both my sisters and my friends who were all too skinny - I don't want to be the fat one when I meet Scott (which WILL happen). &nbsp;I was so relieved in some ways when I found out they weren't going to appear after all and I had some more time to get in shape. &nbsp;

Oh man, that makes me sad. You are so much more than your physical self!!! I know it's hard and people can be cruel and all,
but I would hate to see anyone not do something because they don't feel they are pretty enough or skinny enough. I spent way too many years worrying about that and now I just try to enjoy myself no matter what weight I am.

Do you guys ever feel like you are a skinny person trapped in this body? &nbsp;I have always had a little chub in my life but NEVER like this and I often forget that I am fat until I see pictures and stuff. ...what is that about???? </b>

LOL, I so hear that! I knew I had gained some weight over the winter, but the wake-up call came from the CreedFest pics from Orlando! I was like, whooaaaaaaaaaa, this is out of hand. I almost didn't recognize myself :D. I'm not sure what it's about, LOL...Denial maybe? I probably wouldn't have done a thing about it if I hadn't seen those pictures, LOL...

Sheila63
08-21-2003, 12:42 PM
You are sooooo right, Dogstar. For so long I put off doing things and going places because of my weight. I was afraid what other people would think of me. Like you, I spent too many years not doing things or going places because of what other people might think of me. So, Julbright, I've felt that way too. Through changing the way I see myself and believe it or not, through Creed's music, my attitude has changed. Yes, I still have my moments when I feel self-conscious but I do what I want anyway. I went to the CreedFeed Fest this past May and it's only because of some the changes I've made that I was able to get on the plane and go have the time of my life, despite my wieght!!! Thanks to the wonderful people here on the bb that I met, they accepted me as I am and if I haven't said it before, THANK YOU all so much, that meant the world to me!!:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

As far as the feeling like a skinny person trapped in a fat body, yes, I've felt that way too. I can even fool myself when I look in the mirror but when I see myself in pictures, that's a different story. I think Dogstar is right, it's denial.

Dogstar
08-21-2003, 12:46 PM
Sheila, you are DA BOMB!!!!! CreedFest wouldn't have been the same without you! We are all better off for having met the cool, wonderful person that you are!

Julbright
08-21-2003, 02:04 PM
I also have gained acceptance of myself in MOST situations! It has been hard but I realized that at the end of the evening (or whatever) that people are going to remember their interactions with me etc - not my weight. I actually avoided seeing my best friend from HS in person for like 3 years after I had my first kid becuase I was so ashamed of my weight. I now know that if I am focused on the weight and am withdrawn and anxious, then that is what everyone would remember. SO I am pretty much over that - EXCEPT FOR when it comes to Scott! I SO want to be my best self WHEN I meet him (which will happen). Even though we try not to, I do believe that people form judgements when they first meet you based on your appearance. And since Scott doesn't know me at all I want him to SEE how great I am before he gets to KNOW how great I am !!!!! LOL :) Maybe it is becuase the reality of it is when I do get to meet him (which will happen) the likelihood is that is will last all of 5 minutes and I will probably only get one chance. I want him to remember me skinny. Maybe that is something I still have to work on but that is my honest thought process on it right now.

Julbright
08-21-2003, 02:06 PM
P.S. I would still have gone to Tampa if I had the chance to - BUT I would only bring someone my size or larger!!! ;) LOL!!!

SCOTTSMYMAN
08-21-2003, 02:13 PM
OMG you guys are making me cry! I've felt that way my whole life. I've never thought of myself as an ugly person but always a fat person. There were many things I didn't want to do because I'm fat. I still feel self- conscious and I've lost 74 pounds. I almost didn't go to the Creed show because I was fat.(like he would be looking at me anyway!) Sheila you seem like a great person and I cannot wait to meet you in November. :hugs:

I think everybody feels like a skinny person trapped in a fat body. My husband keeps telling me how great I look but, I can't see it. I can feel it when I put on clothes and I've gone down 10 sizes. With all that I still feel trapped.

Dogstar
08-21-2003, 02:25 PM
Kris, I think it takes the mind a little while to catch up with the body, LOL. You'll get there...10 sizes!!! Holy crap...That's AWESOME!

SCOTTSMYMAN
08-21-2003, 02:31 PM
Thanks Dogstar. Somedays I do see it and I can see it when I like at old pictures of me. It has been some transformation let me tell ya!:)

Julbright
08-21-2003, 02:54 PM
Kris - that is amazing! And body image is such a difficult issue. I agree though that your mind will catch up and you will start to enjoy your success. Do you ever compare pictures from today and before you lost 10 sizes (HOLY CRAP! THAT'S AWESOME!)? I never really see changes good or bad unless I am looking at pictures.

YOu guys have truly been so inspiring to me- my daughter went on a playdate and my other is napping so I decided I felt well enough to work out. My bowflex and I just had a hot date listening to Human clay ( I prefer Weathered for working out but it is in the hubbie's car - darn it) and I feel GREAT! I am so glad I did it. I went easy in case I only feel better due to the Tylenol but I did it and I am proud. I can already feel new energy seeping into my body. Once I work out I am so happy and I love doing it I just can't seem to motivate myself to get started.

SCOTTSMYMAN
08-21-2003, 03:03 PM
Glad you are feeling better and good for you! I just don't have the energy today for some reason. It's warm out maybe I'll suit up the kids and just go outside in the pool for a little while. Swimming is good exercise and I never feel like I'm exercising when I'm in the pool. My little one has been yelling "poool" at me all day anyway.

Oh, and thanks for the encouragement guys. I kinda needed it today. I'm having a fat day( can anyone guess what I mean?) Just needed a little nudge in the right direction!:)

Dogstar
08-21-2003, 03:22 PM
LMAO @ fat day...Yup, I know exactly what you mean.

SCOTTSMYMAN
08-21-2003, 06:01 PM
So, I'm not the only one!;)

Dogstar
08-21-2003, 06:29 PM
Heheheh, nope. I'm having one today :D...everything I tried on looked hideous in my eyes, LOL...I ended up with overalls and a t-shirt.

aprile89
08-21-2003, 07:42 PM
You Ladies Make me PROUD!!! Julbright I am so proud of you for gettin the motivation even though your SICK **you heard my voice in your head didn't ya ;) **

SCOTTSMYMAN ... I know what you mean by not feeling "fat" untill you see pictures .. I now USE those Pictures to motivate myself... Actually I have a before and after pics... and I am gonna keep going! But there is one thing I want to say to you ....

When you look in the Mirror I want you to look at the BEAUTY looking BACK at you ... you may not see it right away .. Look in your eyes . The eyes are the Window to the soul. Your a Beautiful person PERIOD.

I know we all want to be the "barbie Doll" but honestly ..... I don't think I would want that ... My sister and I have always said *yes we're both overweight* that if I had been THIN all my life GOD only knows where I would have ended up. I use my weight to protect myself (Let me explain)

I haven't found my soulmate yet .. but when I do he's going to Love me for who I am and not what I look like. I never wanted to feel like he *mr right* was with me only for my looks .. Maybe this is an excuse to STAY fat maybe it's not. I haven't found Mr Right but I am starting to loose the weight because I feel better about myself and when I feel better I can attract Mr. Right RIGHT to me LOL

does any of this make sense??? or am I just babbling???

Sheila63
08-21-2003, 07:50 PM
Thank you all for your wonderful words. All of you are AWESOME!!!:dancing:

Kris, I can't wait to meet you in November either. Your warm personality shines through in your posts.:angel: And WOW, 10 sizes!!! That's fantastic!!:clap: :clap:

Julbright, I'm glad you're feeling better and good for you for getting some exercise but listening to your body and not overdoing it. Like Dogstar said earlier, I think listening to what our bodies are saying to us is a very smart thing to do. I know exactly where you're coming from when it comes to getting motivated to exercise, for me, that's the hardest part. I'm planning to go to workout again tomorrow after work since I had a dentist appt. this afternoon so I might need another kick in the butt to get me there tomorrow.;)

BTW, Dogstar, I forgot to say so earlier but I so enjoyed meeting you at CreedFest and you're a great lady. I'll always remember you being there with me when I got my tattoo.:D

Sheila63
08-21-2003, 07:59 PM
You Ladies Make me PROUD!!! Julbright I am so proud of you for gettin the motivation even though your SICK **you heard my voice in your head didn't ya ;) ** &nbsp;

SCOTTSMYMAN ... I know what you mean by not feeling "fat" untill you see pictures .. I now USE those Pictures to motivate myself... Actually I have a before and after pics... and I am gonna keep going! &nbsp;But there is one thing I want to say to you ....

When you look in the Mirror I want you to look at the BEAUTY looking BACK at you ... you may not see it right away .. Look in your eyes . The eyes are the Window to the soul. Your a Beautiful person PERIOD. &nbsp;

I know we all want to be the "barbie Doll" but honestly ..... I don't think I would want that ... &nbsp;My sister and I have always said &nbsp;*yes we're both overweight* that if I had been THIN all my life GOD only knows where I would have ended up. I use my weight to protect myself (Let me explain) &nbsp;

I haven't found my soulmate yet .. but when I do he's going to Love me for who I am and not what I look like. I never wanted to feel like he *mr right* was with me only for my looks .. Maybe this is an excuse to STAY fat maybe it's not. &nbsp;I haven't found Mr Right but I am starting to loose the weight because I feel better about myself and when I feel better I can attract Mr. Right RIGHT to me LOL &nbsp;

does any of this make sense??? or am I just babbling???

I can totally relate to what you're saying, aprile. It makes sense to me. For a number of reasons, I have used my weight to protect myself as well but I'm slowly realizing that I don't necessarily want or need that protection anymore. It's just hard to break that cycle and make changes but I feel more positive about actually being able to do it now.

I also wanted to compliment you on the wonderful advice you gave Kris (SCOTTSMYMAN). We're all BEAUTIFUL and we need to realize that about ourselves.

Thanks aprile, for your wonderful words of wisdom and truth.:clap: :clap:

Dogstar
08-21-2003, 09:07 PM
BTW, Dogstar, I forgot to say so earlier but I so enjoyed meeting you at CreedFest and you're a great lady. I'll always remember you being there with me when I got my tattoo.

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

JulieCitySlicker
08-21-2003, 10:54 PM
I walked 5-6 miles today and it was in the triple digits today:thud: :pant: I took water on the first walk cuz I did it earlier in the day but the second walk was at around 6:30 so it didn't feel as bad.

Julbright
08-22-2003, 09:52 AM
Hooray for all of us !!

Aprile, you were lurking in my brain, but I just decided that sitting on my ass was just making it bigger and I truly love the bowflex workout - so I seized the day. It is the aerobics I hate mostly because it is inconvenient. My other half travels alot and when he is gone it is a video tape in the basement which I hate or take my kids on a walk which is less tha productive because I have to go so slow when they are on board. (I need like a double jog stroller or something). Anyway,

We all know we are beautiful no matter our bodies look like, but I do agree that if we love the way we look (whether that is a size 5 or 14 doesn't matter) that we will radiate more beauty. I was always about 15 pounds overweight in college and when I finally accepted that and started execising just to burn stress and got really content with myself, that is when I met my hubbie. He was really HOT when we started dating (he was a police officer and in tip top shape ) and he found me very attractive. My body hadn't changed at all then - it was my attitude. (OK that sounds like it was cool that he was hot but my point is he really had his pick of women and he picked me for the insides)

That is also why I have tried to emphasize in this thread that we are doing this for our health. There are too many things we know about excess weight - too many other ailments and dangers that our extra weight is threatening to bring into our lives. I was borderline diabetic in my second pregnancy and don't ever want to have to live that way permenantly. I don't want to have a heartattack. AND I don't want to pant like a black dog in the summer ever time I play with my kids at the park. THOSE are the benefits I am hoping to get.

OK there is about 10% of me that just wants to be HOT! I spent a lot of time growing up with twiggy people that made me seem fat (when I look back at pix I looked great -just mature looking compared to others who never seemed to hit puberty!) and I never really felt pretty. I do believe (as I have learned from living with a very attractive man) that pretty people get treated differently. I do wonder what it would feel like for a normal guy to be instantly attracted to me and not have to get to know me first ! LOL BUT I only care about that when I think about going to things like reunions or meeting Scottie - otherwise the above stuff stands.

Rambling.....

SCOTTSMYMAN
08-22-2003, 10:14 AM
Thank you all for everything you've said. I know I'm a beautiful person I guess i just needed someone else to say it for me. I've always been overweight. In high school I was about 20 to 30 pounds over but it didn't stop me. I met my husband. He loved me for me and nothing else. Well, I can't say that because he likes girls with meat. He thought I was attractive even though I was fluffy(LOL). He still loves me even when I was at my heaviest. Yesterday, after everything everyone said and a little love talk from him helped me feel much better. I'm not having a fat day today. I exercised my butt off this morning. I walked first thing and came home to a good breakfast and a shower.

Sheila thank you for being such a wonderful person. I know meeting you will be an awesome experience and well worth the wait.

April, I know exactly how you feel. Just feeling better about yourself will ooze the confidence you need to catch the ONE! Thanks again for starting this thread!

To everyone else :hugs:

Sheila63
08-22-2003, 06:01 PM
Bravo, Kris, on starting off your day on such a positive note!!! Good for you!!!:clap: :clap: I'm happy to hear you're feeling better today. I can relate to you because I've been overweight most of my life too. I'm grateful that we have each other for encouragement and support. Thanks for starting this thread, aprile.:angel:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Kris. :hugs: :hugs:

Jez
08-25-2003, 12:30 AM
just wanted to say that I have officially lost 40 pounds since November. I'm pretty damn proud of myself!

Dogstar
08-25-2003, 12:37 AM
As well you should be, Jez! That's AWESOME! Congratulations!

Jez
08-25-2003, 02:40 AM
Thank you! :D

SCOTTSMYMAN
08-25-2003, 09:11 AM
Jez that's great. Losing any amount of weight can be tough! So,yes you should be proud of yourself! :clap:

Sheila63
08-25-2003, 12:05 PM
Congratulations, Jez!! That's terrific!!!:dancing: :dancing:

Kris, is right. Losing any amount of wait is tough and an accomplishment to be proud of.

I have a question for everyone. Does anybody know why a recumbent bike seems so much harder to work out on than a regular stationary bike? I've been working out on a recumbent bike at the Y and it's killin' me, LOL!!! I was just wondering if anyone knew. I'm not sure if it's the way your body is positioned or what but I find it alot harder.

Dogstar
08-25-2003, 12:48 PM
What's a recumbent bike, Sheila? Is it like sitting in a chair and pedaling rather than having your legs positioned as if on a real bike?

SCOTTSMYMAN
08-25-2003, 03:37 PM
Yeah,I think that's what she means. I wouldn't have the answer for you Sheila! I've never exercised on one of those before. I have one were the handles go back and forth when you pedal w/the front wheel like a fan! It's a pretty nice bike. It's all digital and tells me how many miles I ride ,the calories I burn and everything.

Sheila63
08-25-2003, 06:16 PM
Yes, Dogstar and Kris. Sorry for not explaining that better. The back support on a recumbent bike is great but, it's tough! I'll have to ask someone when I go to work out tomorrow about why it seems harder than a regular stationary bike. The bike that you have sounds really cool, Kris.:)

Dogstar
08-25-2003, 06:44 PM
Sheila, you usually can set them at different levels, so that maybe you can work up to a tougher workout. I like them for the back support, because I occasionally have back trouble.

SCOTTSMYMAN
08-27-2003, 04:53 PM
Nobody's posted on here in awhile. How's everybody doing today? Didn't get to exercise very much today my neck has been really bothering me. Went to the chiropractor instead! I did go out and went swimming with my kids for a little while so at least I tried. Probably do more swimming later! :boat:

JulieCitySlicker
08-27-2003, 05:25 PM
I got 3 miles of walking in today so far:dancing:

Sheila63
08-27-2003, 07:18 PM
I think swimming is great exercise, Kris. I'm sorry your neck is bothering you.:( I hope it feels better soon.

Julie, great job walking 3 miles so far today. WhooHooo!!:dancing:

Although I was really tired today, I gave myself a little kick in the butt and went to work out today and I do feel a little better.

JulieCitySlicker
08-27-2003, 08:20 PM
I walked 5 more miles after that today:P So about 8 altogether:dancing:

SCOTTSMYMAN
08-28-2003, 04:07 PM
Well, today I got up and i rode my bike for 10 miles and right after that I went in the pool and swam a couple of laps to cool down. :dancing: Worked my butt off today, I did!

Feeeling much better today thanks Sheila!:)

JulieCitySlicker
08-28-2003, 04:12 PM
Woo Hoo Kris:dancing: Great job girl;) I'll bet the pool felt wonderful after that:D

SCOTTSMYMAN
08-28-2003, 04:20 PM
You might say that! it was great!

Julbright
08-28-2003, 05:32 PM
I am still feeling :sick: with the sinus infection - but today was much better.

JulieCitySlicker
08-28-2003, 05:34 PM
I'm so glad that you are feeling better Julbright:hugs: :dancing:

Sheila63
08-28-2003, 08:01 PM
Way to Go, Julie and Kris!!!:bounce: :bounce: Keep up the great work!!

Julbright, I'm happy to hear your feeling better. I've had a sinus infection before and I was miserable so I feel for you.

Sheila63
08-29-2003, 03:39 PM
I'm soooo psyched!! I went to work out today and I rode that KILLER bike the whole allotted time I was supposed to without stopping in addition to walking on the treadmill with help from some live Creed tunes!!!:jam: :bounce:

JulieCitySlicker
08-29-2003, 08:14 PM
Didn't get any walkin in today cuz its been rainy and stormy all dang day:rolleyes: Got in some housework though:) I guess that helps!

hotforscott
08-29-2003, 08:18 PM
I got a new workout outfit last night when I went to Target and I also got a Pilates DVD. They had them cheaper then at my work, so I am gonna focus on that this weekend. I am also determined to whip out the cookbook and try to cook some things the next few days.

JulieCitySlicker
08-29-2003, 08:23 PM
Great for you Carrie:dancing: I got the pilates ab video and I couldn't even do it, it was so friggen hard and to fast for me:thud: :eek:

Sheila63
08-29-2003, 08:33 PM
Didn't get any walkin in today cuz its been rainy and stormy all dang day:rolleyes: &nbsp;Got in some housework though:) &nbsp;I guess that helps!

Housework definitely counts in my book, Julie.

I've heard a lot about Pilates, Carrie. Let us know how it goes.

hotforscott
08-29-2003, 08:47 PM
I hope it isn't too hard. I didn't see the ab one, that is probably the one I would have gotten.

Sheila63
08-29-2003, 08:55 PM
I have confidence in you, Carrie!! Just do your best and do what you can. I've already seen progress in just a couple of weeks of going to work out. It's a great feeling!!:dancing:

JulieCitySlicker
08-29-2003, 09:00 PM
That is wonderful Sheila:dancing: Keep up the great work girl:bounce:

JulieCitySlicker
08-29-2003, 09:03 PM
We may not be able to get our gym membership to the Y here:( Cuz they want a copy of my brothers 1040 tax paper and he doesn't have it or know where to get it even:crying:

Sheila63
08-29-2003, 09:06 PM
Thanks, Julie.:D I'm sorry to hear about your membership. Maybe your brother can get a copy from the IRS or from his accountant.

JulieCitySlicker
08-29-2003, 09:09 PM
Well, Sheila he did his taxes online and I guess he lost his 1040 somewhere:( I don't know if he wants to try to get a new one or not:dunno:

JulieCitySlicker
08-29-2003, 09:12 PM
I might just have to break down and buy a bow flex or the cross bow;)

Sheila63
08-29-2003, 09:13 PM
Well, I hope everything works out and he can get a copy so you can get the membership.