++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 08-22-2004, 10:57 AM   #1
theironhorse
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
sd#195

Sunday Dispatch #195

bob, the new minister in town

bob was the new minister in town. he had just graduated from bible school, and this was his first church. it was not the largest church in town, and it did have its problems, but bob was excited - excited about all the possibilities, all the opportunities, all the challenges, all the - well, excitement.

while bob was in his office he received a call from a member who needed to spend some time with bob concerning a particular issue she had been dealing with for a period of time. bob decided to take the bus. this was his first time on the bus, but he felt it was a great way to meet people. when bob got on the bus the driver told bob it would be fifty cents for the ride; bob gave him a dollar. when he got back to his set, bob noticed that the driver gave him an extra quarter. bob wondered what to do - after all it was just a quarter; it's not like the driver would lose his job over the matter. besides, was it worth all the effort to go to the driver and tell him he had given him an extra quarter? bob was in a bit of a bind.

his ride was almost over, and bob still had that silly quarter - what should he do. as the bus stopped at his stop, bob went to the driver and said, "sir, you must have made a mistake. you gave me an extra quarter as change from my dollar. I must return the money to you." the driver smiled. he took the quarter from bob and said, "I have been looking for a church. I need to know the heart of the pastor. I am not a Christian, but I am wanting to look at the faith. what time is your church service."

~ginkworld
Old 08-22-2004, 12:10 PM   #2
creedsister
USER INFO »
I Love Your Threads
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 08-24-2004, 01:46 PM   #3
whitebird
USER INFO »
It is a beautiful story, and one that gives hope to others of us who are also honest.

Sadly, some people are only honest if there are others to see, and give credit. If there is no one, their judgement shows their true spirits.