++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 04-13-2005, 01:07 AM   #61
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04
Well damn, here, i thought for a minute that you had it split off into sections where parties and charities were different. I really do admire stapp for his charity work. However, dont try to rectify yourself by saying "That was last year" because he could have been writing his album last year, he knew creed was done for much longer than we did, so dont feed me that line.

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me
Old 04-13-2005, 09:26 PM   #62
PrtytilImPurple
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by tremonti4life04) Boy, ill tell ya what, i wish i had record producers that look like his!!! Those chicks are hot! I cant believe (if they are not models) that they would be helping him so much on his album!

Actually I think one of them is Miss America or something like that and the other one is Miss New York. The picture I saw they were actually wearing sashes.

You like to use the word RECTIFY don't you.

Would it upset you as much if Stapp was having a singalong with the New York Yankees?
Old 04-13-2005, 11:53 PM   #63
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04
Quote: (Originally Posted by PrtytilImPurple) Actually I think one of them is Miss America or something like that and the other one is Miss New York. The picture I saw they were actually wearing sashes.

Oh, exuse me, so he's out partying with pagent superstars...my mistake

Quote: (Originally Posted by PrtytilImPurple) You like to use the word RECTIFY don't you.

Yes, because its the base word for my favorite guitar amp, the Mesa Boogie Triple RECTIFIER (on a serious note, i use words that fit the situation, so if you are going to bust me for words that i use, well...supercalafragilisticexpialadocious

Quote: (Originally Posted by PrtytilImPurple) Would it upset you as much if Stapp was having a singalong with the New York Yankees?

Why would i care, i hate baseball. Ever since the strike in the early - mid 90's, so whatever he chooses to do with whatever baseball team really doesn't effect me. As long as his singalong isnt as flat as his singing at the world series, im perfectly fine with it...

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me
Old 04-16-2005, 01:43 PM   #64
PrtytilImPurple
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by tremonti4life04) Oh, exuse me, so he's out partying with pagent superstars...my mistake. Yes, because its the base word for my favorite guitar amp, the Mesa Boogie Triple RECTIFIER (on a serious note, i use words that fit the situation, so if you are going to bust me for words that i use, well...supercalafragilisticexpialadocious. Why would i care, i hate baseball. Ever since the strike in the early - mid 90's, so whatever he chooses to do with whatever baseball team really doesn't effect me. As long as his singalong isnt as flat as his singing at the world series, im perfectly fine with it...

You use the word rectify like Stapp owes you something. He's a musician. He's never personally done anything to me that he has to rectify. You didn't get the baseball comment.

I kind of like to look at it as Stapp actually did Alter Bridge a favor. They haven't had alot of success competing against a Creed Greatest Hits CD that has pretty much nothing new on it. What if they were also having to compete against Stapp's solo CD. I guess that alot of people actually wanted to see a CD selling war between Alter Bridge and Stapp. Because it has to be one pitted against the other, and everybody thinks Stapp will be the loser. Maybe people who insist that Mr. Stapp has lost his touch, and just can't get his shit together have it all wrong. Maybe by August/September the Alter Bridge train will have run its course. He let his ex buds have their year in the limelight, and pretty much kept his comments to himself or at least his comments weren't negative. Now Stapp gets his chance.
Old 04-16-2005, 02:00 PM   #65
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by PrtytilImPurple) You use the word rectify like Stapp owes you something. He's a musician. He's never personally done anything to me that he has to rectify. You didn't get the baseball comment.

I kind of like to look at it as Stapp actually did Alter Bridge a favor. They haven't had alot of success competing against a Creed Greatest Hits CD that has pretty much nothing new on it. What if they were also having to compete against Stapp's solo CD. I guess that alot of people actually wanted to see a CD selling war between Alter Bridge and Stapp. Because it has to be one pitted against the other, and everybody thinks Stapp will be the loser. Maybe people who insist that Mr. Stapp has lost his touch, and just can't get his shit together have it all wrong. Maybe by August/September the Alter Bridge train will have run its course. He let his ex buds have their year in the limelight, and pretty much kept his comments to himself or at least his comments weren't negative. Now Stapp gets his chance.
i respectfully, but wholeheartedly, disagree. he does owe us something. he's a musician. he makes money off of us buying tickets & CDs. i would say, if he had any kind of work ethic, he'd have his stuff out now, working to earn his keep. and a fair number of stapp's comments, though not necessarily negative, have been dismissed by Mr. Tremonti as being wholly untrue & unbased. so, maybe by august or september, the AB train will have run its course. but will Stapp have his album out by then? right now, the August date is only tentative. he's been promoting virtually nothing for the past year; Mark & Flip went out & moved on with their lives, got back to making music, which they missed. i'm not so sure Scott is as passionate about music anymore.

Old 04-16-2005, 02:17 PM   #66
OneOmerta
USER INFO »
Quote: i respectfully, but wholeheartedly, disagree. he does owe us something. he's a musician. he makes money off of us buying tickets & CDs. i would say, if he had any kind of work ethic, he'd have his stuff out now, working to earn his keep

I'm gonna have to respectfully disagree with this statement above. He's a musician...not a laborer for some company he works for on the clock. He's not making money off of anyone right now...just like MOST musicians who are not touring or putting out new CD's at this time. He earned his "keep" with Creed....as I'm sure he will earn his "keep" as a solo artist.

Lemme ask you....do not think at all that WU has any say in the reason that Stapps solo effort is being pushed back? He does NOT call the shots on when it is released dude...WU will release the music when it is beneficial to THEM...not to the fans. It has nothing to do with work ethic...it's all about the Benjamins to the record label.

since when is work ethic based on how quickly one can push out music to the masses? that's what is wrong with most music these days...and why most music out there sounds like shit....people want everything "yesterday"...and they're willing to sacrifice quality for quantity. I prefer quality anyday...and not something forced out too quickly.

None. It's not in our evaluation.
Just one. And he'd do it a lot faster than a City Carrier.
None. Maintenance would file a grievance for crossing crafts.
Old 04-16-2005, 02:36 PM   #67
RMadd
USER INFO »
well, he is prolly making a little bit of money off the Greatest Hits, dude. Passion of the Christ: Songs might be good for a little bit, as well.
i'm sure wind-up does have a say in pushing it back, but it's been quite some time, and he's had a couple of excuses: namely the whole depression thing. like others have said, millions of Americans work through rough spots in their lives.
you asked since when is work ethic is based on how quickly you can produce? my answer: that seems to me to be one of the basic tenets of capitalism. ok, you might prefer quality, but Creed has been broken up, according to rumors, for more than a year now, officially, for about 10 months? AB has already put out a decent recording effort (some like it more than others, obviously) and been on tour for a good 8 months now. stapp's put out one original song, gone through 2 bands (goneblind & the Tea Party didn't work out, right?).... soooo.....?????? while wind-up may be calling the shots, it's ridiculous that he doesn't assert himself. i'd think he might have some leverage, since he was the lead singer of the band that single-handedly established Wind-Up.

Old 04-16-2005, 05:29 PM   #68
PrtytilImPurple
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) i respectfully, but wholeheartedly, disagree. he does owe us something. he's a musician. he makes money off of us buying tickets & CDs. i would say, if he had any kind of work ethic, he'd have his stuff out now, working to earn his keep. and a fair number of stapp's comments, though not necessarily negative, have been dismissed by Mr. Tremonti as being wholly untrue & unbased. so, maybe by august or september, the AB train will have run its course. but will Stapp have his album out by then? right now, the August date is only tentative. he's been promoting virtually nothing for the past year; Mark & Flip went out & moved on with their lives, got back to making music, which they missed. i'm not so sure Scott is as passionate about music anymore.

Funny thing is if we were talking about the fact that Alter Bridge had not released a CD people would be saying they are stinking rich and they don't have to do anything.

If I had spent almost two years on a tour where I was sick and forced to take drugs to make me able to perform ( just to keep the money rolling in)I think I'd be taking a good long break too.

So your talkinga bout the fact that he says he talks to Tremonti. Its just a given that its Stapp's lying. I get it. He has actually wished his ex-friends luck. I'm not sure I've heard any of them wish him the same. I don't even bother to read Alter Bridge interviews anymore because it is generally the same crap over and over again. Truth is nobody knows what Stapp has going on right now and nobody knows what may have had an effect in delaying anything. And like somebody else said Wind-Up has a bit to say about what is done and when. Mark Tremonti has figured that out too. I keep reading this comment about the fact that Windup is releasing Broken Wings to Top 40 minus the guitar solo. So I'm guessing Mr. Tremonti knows that Windup still has quite a bit of control.

If Scott Stapp were my mechanic and didn't fix my car he would owe me something. I don't really care when the man releases a CD because I know it will be out before the end of the year. I don't have to know exactly why it took so long to make it. Its none of my damn business actually.
Old 04-16-2005, 06:57 PM   #69
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Lemme ask you....do not think at all that WU has any say in the reason that Stapps solo effort is being pushed back? He does NOT call the shots on when it is released dude...WU will release the music when it is beneficial to THEM...not to the fans. It has nothing to do with work ethic...it's all about the Benjamins to the record label.

Two words for this: Chinese Democracy. Ok, more than two words . That label (whose name escapes me at the moment) has been waiting 10 years for Axl to get his shit together. The artist does, to some degree, call the shots. If he doesn't produce, there's nothing for the label to release when it think it's beneficial to it. No product, no release.
Old 04-16-2005, 08:07 PM   #70
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Ok, if wind up thinks they are gonna make a shitload of money on a stapp cd, they wouldnt think twice about holding it back for "Competitive reasons" they would put it out so that they could see both albums flourish and make them tons of money at the same time. Now, I use the word RECTIFY because hes holding out on everything thats going on with the album, and needs to update his fans in order to rectify himself to them, thats what im getting at prtytilimprple (spelling?). I don't honestly dont believe that competition will be a problem, because they are both from creed, and thats all that matters to the die hard creed fans. im not saying that i dont like stapp, just that i dont agree with him holding out on everyone, making us sit on the edge of our seats for a year for a damn update.

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me
Old 04-16-2005, 09:34 PM   #71
Creed_Defaultgirl
USER INFO »
Scott should not have a life. I think most of you will agree with me on this. He should quit worrying about being a good father, getting healthy, having a life, taking the time he emotionally needs to make a quality record, and be in the studio focusing on what the wonderful loving "fans" (such as yourselves) want.
Quote: As for the times hes been out...well, that is valuable studio time he could use to rectify himself in the eyes of his very very impatient fans

Yeah dude! I know! If he would quit giving to charity, caring for human life, his family, his son, HIS FAITH, and music that means something *cough* we would have a record by now!
"...My beaten heart is in your hands, What I really need is shelter, And a chance to relearn love, Teach me all over, All over to relearn love, Show me again, So I can relearn love, The comfort of your arms around me, Your tender hands caress my head, I lay beside you, I'm not worthy..."
Relearn Love~Scott Stapp
Old 04-16-2005, 10:45 PM   #72
titan9
USER INFO »
Oh, I agree, Scott should(and did) take time out to deal with personal issues. That is the most important thing in his life, as it should be. But if you're going to do that and take some time to sort things out, don't promise an album by the end of 2004. Don't promise one by February 2005. Just say that a solo album will be out. An example: What if I promised(and kept repeatedly saying) that I would put up a bunch of downloadable content on 12 Stones Rocks(the fan site I help run) by the end of this month, yet didn't do that and kept delaying that promise? I bet those who badly wanted that content would be frustrated and, eventually, stop going to 12 Stones Rocks. It's the same exact thing here. Those who were looking forward to the solo album by the end of 2004 or, at the latest, early 2005, have gotten frustrated. I'm not one of those people; I can wait until 2025 for a solo CD from Stapp. Not everyone is that patient, though. No one is saying that Stapp shouldn't have a personal life or that he should just ignore his health, family and faith. All they're saying is that he promised an album by the end of 2004, then didn't deliver on that promise. Whether it was due to personal problems or recording issues, he didn't deliver by the time that he promised. Nor did he give us updates to tell us why the album was not put out by the promised time. I don't want this to come across as me bashing Scott, because I am not. I'm a huge supporter of his music and will buy his CD the day it comes out. All I'm doing is pointing out some of the reasons why some people have gotten so frustrated with all of the delays on when the CD will be out.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 04-16-2005, 11:31 PM   #73
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Wow. Very nice post. But, umm, PLEASE, some paragraphs? lol, I'm just messing with you.

I just want to point out that plenty of other bands have four, five, even SIX members with personal issues and they still manage to get records out. Is Stapp exempt from this for some reason?
Old 04-17-2005, 01:54 AM   #74
RMadd
USER INFO »
Man, Titan & Uncertain, i just don't think people are understanding what we're trying to say here. yes, Stappy should have a personal life. but he's got a job, too. i'm not sure if Target would be too happy if I just decided I'd promise to show up for work, but then I'd end up not coming in, without calling. What if my reason was I was spending time w/ family & friends? That might be true, but it's irresponsible towards my employer to leave them hanging like that. That said, I'd be gone after failing to show up prolly only 3 or 4 days.
So, at least IMO, if Stapp makes promises he doesn't keep, should he be exempt from complaints from those who essentially employ him (music fans, through the music industry)? i would think not. that's fine if you stick up for Scotty, but please realize that there are those of us who are not particularly enamored with his actions/decisions/etc the past few years.

Old 04-17-2005, 10:41 AM   #75
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Wow. Very nice post. But, umm, PLEASE, some paragraphs? lol, I'm just messing with you.

Lol! Usually I do paragraph my posts more, but I didn't think I should break that up at all. I definitely didn't set out for it to be that long, but it just came out that way.

Yeah, RMadd, I don't think everyone is understanding you guys, either. The whole point of my post(like yours) was to say that no one is saying that Scott should not have a personal life. All you guys are saying is that he promised something at a certain time then didn't deliver on that promise. Whether it was due to personal or professional matters, he didn't deliver. That's the bottom line.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!