++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 08-13-2009, 03:31 PM   #16
nflea7
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Live Vids on YouTube from 2009 Reunion Tour

I think Chase is dead on, Creed has in the past (reserving judgment for Full Circle) to crank out #1 hit after hit to set RIAA records they have accomplished major milestones in music especially for the last 15 years sold 30+ million albums. Many acts that haven't even sold that well from the 80's and 90's including the ones who still can't sing well still tour and are making money hand over fist. I wouldn't be suprised at all if in 10 years we saw Creedfest and they headlined for a 45 minute set. Just a sign of the times. Not taking anything away from AB I'm a huge fan but I know of Myles because we are from the same town. And Creed knows Mayfield 4 becaue they toured together in 98. Art Bell made a huge mistake letting Brett Scallions go and not locking down Daughtry. Its never the same with a new singer that is why Creed can never replace Stapp good or bad he has a HUGE impact on a lot of people
Old 08-13-2009, 04:29 PM   #17
Chris98GT
USER INFO »

Another thing to consider...

A whole new generation of concert-goers have come of age while Creed was inactive. They will not recruit most of those fans. They view Creed almost like they do Limp Bizkit: a caricature from the late 90s/early 00s. Before their time.

I like Creed. That's why I'm going to see them. I'm just not some silly fanboy.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:52 PM   #18
Chase
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chris98GT) Another thing to consider...

A whole new generation of concert-goers have come of age while Creed was inactive. They will not recruit most of those fans. They view Creed almost like they do Limp Bizkit: a caricature from the late 90s/early 00s. Before their time.

I like Creed. That's why I'm going to see them. I'm just not some silly fanboy.

I agree with you. To a lot of people Creed will be completely dated. That doesn't mean that people won't show up or buy their new record, though. Forgotten bands from the 1960s still sell out shows because their fanbase is still alive and kicking. Even younger people will go because they grew up listening to the music their parents were exposing them to.

I won't go as far as to say that Creed is a band that can transcend time, but there are still people out there who want them to keep making music. But bands like Nickelback, 3 Doors Down, Matchbox Twenty, and Lifehouse prove that bands of that time period still have a little bit of relevence. At least with the VH1 crowd. Maybe these guys just want to make some money again. Let's be honest, Stapp's solo stuff and Alter Bridge weren't going to give them the cash flow that Creed did. Regardless of what their true reasoning was, they needed to do something now to salvage whatever fanbase was left.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:47 PM   #19
caseycarson
USER INFO »

I will say one thing. I think they started this tour a little too soon. I think they should have AT LEAST released the first single and got some excitement building before the tour began. I think this is the reason for dismal ticket sales. The media coverage on this reunion has been pretty slim, too. MOST people that I know had NO idea at all that Creed was back together.

I hope the tour builds up steam and the CD sells well......
Old 08-14-2009, 12:14 AM   #20
FallenHero96
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by caseycarson) I will say one thing. I think they started this tour a little too soon. I think they should have AT LEAST released the first single and got some excitement building before the tour began. I think this is the reason for dismal ticket sales. The media coverage on this reunion has been pretty slim, too. MOST people that I know had NO idea at all that Creed was back together.

I hope the tour builds up steam and the CD sells well......

It was actually the other way around, they were planning the tour before they decided to do a CD... they tried to get the CD and single out in time but I guess things got delayed somehow.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:04 AM   #21
BSC
USER INFO »

I'm shocked that people are having a good conversation involving Nickelback :P

I'm a huge Nickelback fan and they are extremely hated... I do agree that the stuff they write now is nothing like their old stuff and they are overplayed.

Back to Creed, i'm sure once they got that single playing on the radio Creed will come back into everyone's radar which should boost ticket sales and album sales in October.
Old 08-14-2009, 12:45 PM   #22
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) If Nickelback and 3 Doors Down are somewho relevent, I wouldn't rule Creed out. Nickelback has literally rehashed every song since their breakout hits... and have still been sitting comfortably in terms of sales. 3 Doors Down are still going steady. Or, they can fall flat like Fuel did after they lost Brett Scallions. Who knows? Only time will tell.

Maybe you can lead a boycott full of your fellow, sensitive Alter Bridge fans.
I miss old fuel
Old 08-14-2009, 03:25 PM   #23
nflea7
USER INFO »

Fuel is comming back with Brett Scallions, well.... sort of. Now dubbed Re-Fueled, Brett and the original co-founding bass player have put together a new band and already have tour dates booked for the fall. I guess no one can work with Carl Bell. They are billing it as playing all the old Fuel songs you know and love. I'd see this tour for sure, sounds like they are doing smaller clubs first.