++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2005, 01:00 PM   #91
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Who said she knows what was said? She never said she knew, only that there was more said than was printed.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 01-23-2005, 01:17 PM   #92
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Quote: There was a LOT of stuff left out. The entire interview was video taped. Everything in that article is true, and it was only a fraction of what was asked and answered.

Sorry Steve, you have your opinion, i have mine...that statement says exactly what it says...again it's all a matter of perspective...but as i read it, she is alluding to knowing what ALL really was said, even knew it was VIDEO taped, hmmm, was that posted by anyone? I believe the word "taped" might have been mentioned at some point, but not VIDEO...and I agree with One Omerta...I bet there are PM's left and right wanting to know all the "juicy" details. This is something that is done a lot...whether someone knows something or not...just to keep things going...and people wondering...

In sleep he sang to me, in dreams he came
That voice which calls to me and speaks my name
And do I dream again, for now I find
The phantom of the opera is there...inside my mind

Christine/ Phantom Of The Opera

Abondon thought and let the dream decend....
Point of No Return/Phantom Of The Opera

You will forever remain the music
And I…the song you sing
Old 01-23-2005, 09:02 PM   #93
RockGoddess
USER INFO »
Steve is correct.

I didn't allude to anything.

Here's what I read:

Quote: Then there's the author's way of putting the whole thing together. Perhaps some of these quotes were taken out of context.

Quote: It is an Kerrang interview - you never know what might be true or not...

Here's what I responded with:

Quote: There was a LOT of stuff left out. The entire interview was video taped. Everything in that article is true, and it was only a fraction of what was asked and answered.

I only know that the interview was video taped and what was stated in the article was in fact said. I know that Flip and Myles were were asked questions and they answered them, and the interviewer spent a few hours with them; a lot of what was asked and answered during that time was left out of the final article. I do not know all of the details of what was left out. I have not received one pm regarding my post.

edited to add: it was video taped for the very reason that should Kerrang misquote anything, the band would have on tape exactly what was said.

Last edited by RockGoddess : 01-23-2005 at 09:27 PM.
Old 01-23-2005, 09:13 PM   #94
johellion
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) She was confirming that Lith... she's Brian's aunt? I believe...

Yes I am....and...Life moves on!!!!! Rock @ roll
Old 01-24-2005, 01:25 AM   #95
Disillusioned
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by johellion) They are just now starting to open up...I think it is good for them too do so, they have had to keep sooooo much information hush hush for soooo long. Everything they said was true....and there is soooooo much more.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Disillusioned) I agree 100% Although it may appear as though they've been talking about it for months, I don't think they have. I think that for months they've been skirting the issue as best they can, while still remaining true to their own convictions about what happened. If Stapp wants to make nice for the public by not airing their dirty laundry, well good for him...that fits right in line with his hypocritcal nature <--- my opinion. Personally, I'm glad that they loosened up a bit in the Kerrang article

Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) She was confirming that Lith... she's Brian's aunt? I believe...

Quote: (Originally Posted by johellion) Yes I am....and...Life moves on!!!!! Rock @ roll
OK, now I feel stupid. I had no idea that johellion was Brian's aunt. I agreed with her 100%, thinking that I was agreeing with her opinion, only to realize that although I spoke from a place of giving my opinion, she was speaking from a place of fact
Old 01-24-2005, 02:53 AM   #96
DekWannaBFlea
USER INFO »
Will this thread ever die?

(I know i am bumping it, but people can see it easily anyway)
Old 01-24-2005, 02:56 PM   #97
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by johellion) They are just now starting to open up...I think it is good for them too do so, they have had to keep sooooo much information hush hush for soooo long. Everything they said was true....and there is soooooo much more.
Thanks for comforming that. Hope to get more info on this in the future.

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 01-24-2005, 03:30 PM   #98
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by aussiecreeder) well Stapp is not the only artist on Wind-Up and yet no-one else has had two great guitarists remove their services. So Tremonti and Martin have now gone. Perhaps next time he can get Jimmy Page to say thanks but no thanks...... I defended the guy for a couple of years but I think it just goes beyond common sense to have anywhere the same loyalty many Creed fans had back in the day. "Scott Stapp is a pathlological liar"-Brian Marshall......saids it all I think.

Hmmm, well let's see. There is Big Dismal (who by the way no longer has ANY guitarist) and then there is Evanesence. I do believe they are both Wind-Up bands....
Old 01-24-2005, 03:48 PM   #99
titan9
USER INFO »
Big Dismal disbanded. They announced it on their message board. Wind Up took the board down and hasn't updated the site at all in about 6 months. Eric Durrance(the lead singer) is going on with a solo career. I don't know about the rest of the guys, though.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 01-24-2005, 03:53 PM   #100
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) To Ann and ctfan,

Nowhere in my comments did I say Jeff Martin's remarks made me believe Stapp was the reason for not working together. In fact, please point out where I said this, because ctfan, your comments make it appear that I did say this somewhere.

And if you really want me to take that position, then here ya go... as shiver posted...

From: http://www.calgarysun.com/perl-bin/n...90038.html&a=1

Jeff pretty much states that Stapp has problems (baggage) and he doesn't want to be a part of it. It's as clear as day there. Acknowledging someone is a nice person and acknowledging the person also has their own personal problems are two different things. One can think highly of a person and also realize the person has their own problems that they don't want to be a part of.

Yea Steve, I read that one too.... But my opinion still stands. You know, I have alot of respect for Jeff Martin and his bandmates because I like the way they present themselves, and I like their music.

But over the course of many comments and opinions, people have made it appear as though the Tea Party just walked away because of Stapp, and I just don't believe that. The fact that the song they helped Stapp on, was remade without them...and it was after that the Tea Party left, says alot about the label. I mean, even Tremo stated that Wind-Up wanted them to edit their own songs, and he refused. Maybe that's what the Tea Party didn't like.

As far as the "baggage" comment is concerned....I know if I were another band member, I would really have to question working with Stapp too, given the fact that 3 of his (Stapp's) former band mates continually trash him in every interview they do. It would make me wonder if those former members would talk about me in the same way, esp if they knew me personally.

Hmmm, the demons?? Maybe Stapp is trying to please everyone....

Just my opinions on things.
Old 01-24-2005, 03:58 PM   #101
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Big Dismal disbanded. They announced it on their message board. Wind Up took the board down and hasn't updated the site at all in about 6 months. Eric Durrance(the lead singer) is going on with a solo career. I don't know about the rest of the guys, though.

Thanks, that's my point. Two bands, and Creed makes 3. All on Wind-up. I just don't believe that Stapp is entirely to blame. People can think what they want, my opinion differs though.
Old 01-24-2005, 04:06 PM   #102
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by OneOmerta) and isn't it SO much FUN to allude to there being ALOT more said....(which I'm sure there was, I don't doubt that for a minute)...and that you KNOW all of it but won't share? I bet you feel pretty special to be included in the "in the know, I can allude, but can't share" club I think it's great..and it must be fun to come to the various bb's and make a statement like that...just to get people wondering what else was said. I bet your pm boxes are loaded, people asking for details and such, but yet you can't talk about it openly on the bb's...just allude. How fun that must be!

Yep, why she will even tell you that if you want all the details, just pm her. She's posted that here many, many times.

It's hilarious in way, cause she hasn't known a thing about Stapp for the last what, 4-5 years. Except what she's been told by others
Old 01-24-2005, 04:08 PM   #103
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) Thanks, that's my point. Two bands, and Creed makes 3. All on Wind-up. I just don't believe that Stapp is entirely to blame. People can think what they want, my opinion differs though.

I don't think he's entirely to blame, either. It does seem like Wind Up has bad luck with bands breaking up/losing members. 12 Stones lost their Bassist. Evanescence lost Ben Moody. Creed broke up. Big Dismal broke up. All of this happened in, what, the last 2 years?

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 01-24-2005, 04:31 PM   #104
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) I don't think he's entirely to blame, either. It does seem like Wind Up has bad luck with bands breaking up/losing members. 12 Stones lost their Bassist. Evanescence lost Ben Moody. Creed broke up. Big Dismal broke up. All of this happened in, what, the last 2 years?

Hi titan, I thought I had read about the bassist for 12 Stones, but wasn't completely sure, so thanks. Yea, something just isn't right. I mean, I realize that Wind-Up has signed several bands, but that's a pretty high percentage of lost members/and or break ups. I'm sure those bands had some personal problems within themselves, but I seriously think that Wind-Up is a huge part of the problem. I'm not a big fan of Hanson management either...lol.

Sorry I got off-topic of this thread....
Old 01-24-2005, 04:47 PM   #105
fluttergirl
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) Yep, why she will even tell you that if you want all the details, just pm her. She's posted that here many, many times.

It's hilarious in way, cause she hasn't known a thing about Stapp for the last what, 4-5 years. Except what she's been told by others
Nowhere in her post does it say, PM me for details, If you have a problem with a member of the board, you need to adress them, not go talking smack behind their back, especially not in a public thread.
This is, what do you call it?
Airing dirty laundry?
just like you dont want AB to do with Stapp?
Nicely ironic.

-Amber

"A person should not believe in an "-ism," he should believe in himself."
-Ferris Bueller
Closed Thread