++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-29-2005, 03:09 PM   #16
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
ok, so I was wrong. It didn't happen the night before, it was on Friday. But if you see the pic, 311's DJ is injured indeed.

The Gainesville thing was real or not? I didn't see anywhere confirming it wasn't true... I didn't believe most of it (drugs), but I do think he went there for a booty call.

As for IamFilthy remark, I feel sorry for you. I won't bother to go down your level...

anyway, do you think it's interesting for Stapp to get bad publicity (bar fights) when he just released his album? First, it may have happened quickly... Secondly, no cops involved or there wasn't any press on the local at the time.

Not to mention Stapp's PR could pay people to shut up. It wouldn't be the first time.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:11 PM   #17
titan9
USER INFO »
Both SG and Bullets make good points. It's highly possible that this whole thing was just made up. But given the past(the bar fight from a few years ago, for example) it's also somewhat possible that this did happen. Like Bullets said, though, I find it hard to believe that if there was a fight(and someone broke their hand) that the police were not called. And like IAmFilthy said, considering it was supposedly a fight between two celebrities, it'd probably be all over the news by now if true.

So, like I said before, I am taking this rumor with a big grain of salt.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 11-29-2005, 03:13 PM   #18
SummerGirl
USER INFO »
Fark, the Smoking Gun, Fox & Friends would not find this "news" worthy of a sound bite...let alone the New York Post.

All I'm saying is that it could have happened. There are two camps involved in this story. The truth, as always, lies somewhere in the middle...well, that...or the video tape...LOL!

I wouldn't have heard it directly. The 311 boys don't have my number and neither did Stapp last time I checked.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:18 PM   #19
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay)
The Gainesville thing was real or not? I didn't see anywhere confirming it wasn't true... I didn't believe most of it (drugs), but I do think he went there for a booty call.

As far as I can tell, it was proven false. The morning following the supposed "booty call", Stapp played in a Celebrity Softball game, as reported on PBF. Those who met him at said Softball game said he acted completely normal, no signs of him having done cocaine the previous night as written in that blog story. There were supposedly pictures of him at Denny's, but when you compare those pictures with pictures of him at the Softball game, those pics on the blog looked extremely old and didn't compare with recent pictures. One thing I found extremely hard to believe, though, was that he'd make his sister, of all people, drive him down there. I think that's what really made me think it was false. That and the fact that he'd drive there just for a girl he didn't even know, especially when he is with Miss New York!

I really looked into the story after reading it, and I came to the conclusion that it was probably a bunch of teenagers just making up a story to get their 15 minutes of fame. The sad thing is, VH1's Best Week Ever blog was suckered into reporting the story.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 11-29-2005, 03:20 PM   #20
IamFilthy
USER INFO »
[quote=Bridge of Clay]ok, so I was wrong. It didn't happen the night before, it was on Friday. But if you see the pic, 311's DJ is injured indeed.

As for IamFilthy remark, I feel sorry for you. I won't bother to go down your level...

anyway, do you think it's interesting for Stapp to get bad publicity (bar fights) when he just released his album? First, it may have happened quickly... Secondly, no cops involved or there wasn't any press on the local at the time.

Like I said before,,,,A fight between CELEBRITIES in a PUBLIC place would have fallen into the hands of SOMEONE other than "a friend of a friend who knows the band',...and besides,...you heard it off of an ALTERBRIDGE forum,..it doesn't take a genius to figure this one out
I've been living a double life
Old 11-29-2005, 03:39 PM   #21
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Lora would have nothing to gain by posting that.

I saw the video from R&K... no sign of lipsynch. It began so abruptally though. I wonder if they played this way or if they edited... probably edited it.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:43 PM   #22
Mrprophetman
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) no, they said the music started all of the sudden and Stapp put a weird look on his face while trying to catch up... that's why I'm asking, not stating.

If you actually watch the clip....the camera is focused on the drummer when the song starts and not Stapp. So who the hell saw the weird look on his face? Sure didn't sound like a lip synch job to me....and he didn't look any worse for wear either.....and supposedly he had been beat up?...and by a pansy reggae band?

I've got to consider where this information was originally posted...and then consider it the bullshit that it is....hehe
Old 11-29-2005, 03:46 PM   #23
Bullets
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by SummerGirl) I'm not calling BS on this one...btw, two reasons is a couple of reasons not several...

Fixed - Thank you grammar queen...

Old 11-29-2005, 04:02 PM   #24
sina2b
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bullets) Fixed - Thank you grammar queen...

I personally know that stapp is an ass at bars, I go to a bar right under my apartments often to get a beer or something after long days of school, I saw stapp there once (2-3 years ago) and he was alone, and I was a huge creed fan at the time. I went over and introduced myself and offered him a drink (and the bartender said its on the house since they knew me) but he refused and wanted some alone and quality time. a little thing like that could have ment alot to me but i guess the 10 minute alone time ment more to him. and I was reading this post in the ABB Forum about how one of the members met AB at a bar and had a blast with them. this guy is pathetic but his voice is sadly still good. If the bar story is true if i was there i wouldve threw a couple of punches myself
Old 11-29-2005, 04:09 PM   #25
SummerGirl
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bullets) Fixed - Thank you grammar queen...

You are quite welcome!!! Always glad to help!!!
Old 11-29-2005, 05:02 PM   #26
Creed7352
USER INFO »
311 is not a pansy reggae band...LOL

and be nice to summergirl, she's cool.

someone that was at the actual taping of the regis and kelly show would've seen stapp's face...
Old 11-29-2005, 05:05 PM   #27
Bullets
USER INFO »
oh i'm just playing around - no hard feelings
Old 11-29-2005, 05:06 PM   #28
Creed7352
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bullets) oh i'm just playing around - no hard feelings

okay
Old 11-29-2005, 07:06 PM   #29
sina2b
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Those who met him at said Softball game said he acted completely normal, no signs of him having done cocaine the previous night as written in that blog story.

there are no signs when you do coke, you dont act weird or anything you just get alot of energy, its not like other drugs where you can tell wether someones on it or not unless they overdose on it or something.
Old 11-29-2005, 08:17 PM   #30
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by cyndeelouwho) I hate that show! I hate it more now that Stapp was invited on and not AB! LOL
ummmm... yeah.... i don't think most people who watch or go to see regis & kelly would, you know, like AB. they're mostly middle-aged women and, no disrespect to the more respectable ladies on here, but I'm pretty sure my mom would rather see Stapp than AB.