++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 07-13-2005, 03:25 PM   #31
Trimontana
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Anyone ripped it?

The moderators from ABB.Net let me know that everyone is interested in the download of the clip they can do it at ABB.Net with no problem.
Just click this link ABB.Net click then MEDIA on the top of the page. After click VIDEO on the left side of the page and then scroll down till you find under the name of LIVE the performnace of AB at the Home Run Derby.
Enjoy y'all
Gabixxx
Old 07-14-2005, 03:26 PM   #32
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Thanks, finally!!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 07-14-2005, 04:18 PM   #33
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Man I'm disappointed! Less fucking baseball and more Alter Bridge for the people! The sound was very, very awful and they didn't care to film the band that much...

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 07-14-2005, 05:47 PM   #34
titan9
USER INFO »
Yeah, I agree about the sound. But it was an outdoor stadium, so I guess you couldn't really expect great sound, but it could have been better. I also agree about showing more of Alter Bridge. But I understand that they(MLB and ESPN) had to promote the Derby by mixing in footage of the participants. They still could have showed the guys more, though.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 07-14-2005, 07:34 PM   #35
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Yeah, and they could have showed the guys during the chourse or Mark's solo! Not just the verses!
Old 07-16-2005, 08:02 PM   #36
Agent D
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Man I'm disappointed! Less fucking baseball and more Alter Bridge for the people! The sound was very, very awful and they didn't care to film the band that much...

Couldn't agree more. The whole thing sucked. Myles sounded off, Mark is capable of a better solo, and if I see Damon being associated with AB one more time I'm going to flip out. It was entirely unnecesary for him and Piazza to be on stage with the band. Neither of them are professional musicians. Not to mention, you couldn't hear Damon (assuming he was really singing) and Piazza just didn't do anything. And don't even get me started on them cutting away from the band so much.

The further Alter Bridge gets from baseball, the better.

Last edited by Agent D : 07-16-2005 at 11:26 PM.
Old 07-16-2005, 08:11 PM   #37
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »

Man that was a great post.

Also, Titan, I understand WHY they played OYE. I still don't agree with it.
Old 07-16-2005, 09:59 PM   #38
titan9
USER INFO »
See, I like the fact that Damon was up there. If you know what happened last October in Boston(and everyone here does), then it all makes perfect sense. Think about it: Damon's a huge fan of the band, he came on stage back at that concert in Boston(after the Sox beat the Angels) and he's friends with Mark and I'm sure with the rest of the guys by now. Plus, when the Sox played the Yankees in the opening series, Baseball Tonight did a feature on Alter Bridge and talked a lot about that particular Boston performance and showed clips of it, all while playing OYE. I feel that it just seems natural when Alter Bridge is doing something in conjunction with MLB to tie the Red Sox or Damon into it. Considering Damon was an All-Star and thus was at the game and Derby, it was to be expected that he would be on there and I completely expected that.

However, I agree that Piazza had no place, whatsoever, being up there. If they wanted someone else besides Damon to be up there, it should have been Kevin Millar or one of the other Sox who were apart of the Boston thing. Piazza looked like a complete dork up there with AB. Damon at least fit in.

I'm sure it was for the better that we did not hear Damon singing, lol. He sounded downright awful when he attempted that with AB before.

I honestly think that this whole thing was good for AB. For one, it exposes them to a large number of people and it helps them to get more well known and get more established. They performed before 30-40,000 people in that Stadium and millions at home. It's good exposure for them and it should help them to gain more fans and momentum.

Old 07-16-2005, 10:01 PM   #39
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) 1
Also, Titan, I understand WHY they played OYE. I still don't agree with it.

Yeah, like you, I would have preferred them to play another song. FTR or ODR would have been so awesome. But, you can't get everything you wish for. I'm just pleased that they performed at the Derby.

Old 07-16-2005, 11:28 PM   #40
Agent D
USER INFO »
It doesn't make perfect sense, Titan, if you're like me and hate baseball and hate the Sox. I'm in hell right now with all this baseball-related AB crap. Someone tell me when they just go back on regular tour or start on the next album.
Old 07-16-2005, 11:33 PM   #41
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I'm a Red Sox fan, but man, Agent, lighten up . They're just having some fun and helloooo, they were playing at the All-Star Game, so none of this is really out of line, IMO...I haven't seen the performance, but I hope it was good. With that kind of exposure, you don't need a shitty performance.
Old 07-17-2005, 09:29 AM   #42
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Agent D) It doesn't make perfect sense, Titan, if you're like me and hate baseball and hate the Sox. I'm in hell right now with all this baseball-related AB crap. Someone tell me when they just go back on regular tour or start on the next album.

Yeah, obviously, if you hate Baseball or hate the Sox, then you're gonna be irate when one of your favorite bands does something with the Sox or MLB. Since I'm a big sports fan and a baseball fan and a Damon fan(he's a great lead off hitter), the performance didn't bother me at all and I thought it was pretty cool.

I don't think the performance itself was bad. Myles wasn't at his best on the mic, but he still sounded decent and so did the rest of the band. Believe me, I have heard worse live performances from other bands.

Old 07-17-2005, 12:22 PM   #43
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Certainly, but AB's strong suit is their live show and that did not show. Oh well.

I hate the Sox with a passion so the fact that Damon looked so stupid up there makes me happy. lol

Actually he is the ONLY Red Sox player I don't completely hate... and since his contract is up this year, and the Yankees need a centerfielder AND a lead-off man...
Old 07-17-2005, 05:08 PM   #44
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
F*ck the Yankees
Old 07-17-2005, 05:25 PM   #45
Trimontana
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) F*ck the Yankees

LOL