++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-24-2003, 05:31 PM   #16
Jez
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
<!--QuoteBegin-TremontiWanaB+11-24-2003 02:00 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TremontiWanaB @ 11-24-2003 02:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> i mean...he got into music so could not be a poor drug addict basically.... [/b][/quote]
Excuse me??????
What...were you living in his pocket and that's how you're pivy to this information??

Creed~~Bullets
Old 11-24-2003, 05:45 PM   #17
facelessman
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
whoa calm down
im goin to have to disagree with shiver on some stuff. they didnt do weathered just because HC sold so much. they did it b/c it was time for another album. you expected them to just quit? ill have to disagree on Stapp too. youre just saying what all the Creed haters would say. i think you miss-interpret his passion.the rest are the guys are musicians, yes, but have you ever tried to sing by yourself in front of thousands of ppl. i tried it in front of 4 ppl and it sucked. give him some credit, ya know
and ive seen more guts on 11 year old kids.
Have another drink and drive yourself home
I hope theres ice on all the roads
and think of me when you forget your seatbelt
and again when your head goes through the windshield.
Seventy Times Seven- Brand new
Old 11-24-2003, 10:12 PM   #18
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Yeah, Matt, where are you getting your information from? He got into music so that he didn't become a poor drug addict? Where did that come from?

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 11-24-2003, 10:46 PM   #19
facelessman
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
well, we can tell he doesnt like Stapp
and ive seen more guts on 11 year old kids.
Have another drink and drive yourself home
I hope theres ice on all the roads
and think of me when you forget your seatbelt
and again when your head goes through the windshield.
Seventy Times Seven- Brand new
Old 11-25-2003, 01:14 AM   #20
RMadd
USER INFO »
shiver... I agree w/ you about the mainstream stuff... definitely true... that was one of many critics' complaints about Weathered, that it was all contrived and not really, to put it bluntly, good. HC, I felt, was better than MOP, but both are good. We'll just hafta wait and see what (if) #4 is like.

Old 11-25-2003, 01:45 AM   #21
Delirium
USER INFO »
MOP - My faviourite album of all time, so much emotion and raw intensity in all the words in music it just overwhelms you.

HC - My 2nd fav. It had alot of good songs, and Creed still had that heavy taste. But as i listen to it the guitar sounds different and more refined than that MOP raw sound. That's what i think made MOP brilliant and HC only awesome (brilliant is better than awesome)

Weathered - Very mixed bag. I loved bullets, freedom fighter, signs, weathered, and whos got my back. But the rest of the album seemed like every other crap that was on the radio with creed tacked onto it. Dont get me wrong, stapp sang well, mark played well. But i didnt like the way they were going with the song style and it turned me off.

After listening to creed for 3 years (i know short time), im listening to MOP and HC alot more than Weathered. Also when i looked at the dont stop dancing video i swear it looked like stapp was high at the time, it freaked me out.

give me that "my own prison" stapp back!!!!!
Old 11-25-2003, 09:43 AM   #22
JenRN
USER INFO »
DSD video he was high? Hmmm I did not think so.

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 11-25-2003, 11:08 AM   #23
Redeemer
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Redeemer Send a message via MSN to Redeemer Send a message via Yahoo to Redeemer
Delirium...I would be hella happy if the MOP Stapp came back to life....I mean, u look at his face when he's singing "Should have been dead on a Sunday morning..." and u just can't ignore him. He had that kind of compelling voice/look about him. Well, hell, he still does, but there was just something about MOP-era Stapp.
But shiver...seriously, u're reminding me a little of this cynic named Lechium. Just a little. Because u join this board and your first few posts are all about making Stapp look like the bad guy in Creed, when really, he's one of the predominant creative forces (Tremonti being the other). Can *you* imagine Creed without its Stapp? Well, I can't anyway. (This is all IMHO, of course )
Old 11-25-2003, 11:08 AM   #24
Redeemer
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Redeemer Send a message via MSN to Redeemer Send a message via Yahoo to Redeemer
Jen and shiver, your signatures ROCK!!!!
Old 11-25-2003, 12:23 PM   #25
creedsister
USER INFO »
REALLY,,i dont think,,,SOOOOOOOOOO,,,peace
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 11-25-2003, 01:41 PM   #26
shiver
USER INFO »
Ok, now I'm insulted! I have been put into the same category as Lechium. Can I imagine Creed without Stapp? No. But from what I have seen, he just wants to be a 'Rockstar'. And to answer another question of have I tried to sing infront of others, yes, did I suck, maybe, but thats why I play guitar. I also have to agree with most, if not all, of what delirium said. That raw energy and passion in MOP is what I was looking for from Creed. That's why I got into Creed. They were the first band I really got into. Not trying to be a Creed hater. I don't hate Creed. I don't hate Stapp. I don't hate anybody. I just think that a Stappless Creed, or whatever name you want to give them, might be good right now. Let Stapp rest, and let him figure out why he wanted to be in a band and write music.
Old 11-25-2003, 02:16 PM   #27
Charmin
USER INFO »
<!--QuoteBegin-facelessman+11-24-2003 10:45 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (facelessman @ 11-24-2003 10:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> i think you miss-interpret his passion.the rest are the guys are musicians, yes, but have you ever tried to sing by yourself in front of thousands of ppl. i tried it in front of 4 ppl and it sucked. give him some credit, ya know [/b][/quote]
Right on the money-faceless...

The voice is just as musical as any other instrument-and requires just as much or more talent as anything else. {'Cept you can't use a tuner on it}

Charmin
Old 11-25-2003, 03:50 PM   #28
DangerousDan85
USER INFO »
<!--QuoteBegin-Delirium+11-25-2003 12:45 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Delirium @ 11-25-2003 12:45 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Also when i looked at the dont stop dancing video i swear it looked like stapp was high at the time, it freaked me out.
[/b][/quote]
:lol:

And yet I fight
This battle all alone
No one to cry to
No place to call home

Alice in Chains- Nutshell
Old 11-25-2003, 05:21 PM   #29
Malevolence
USER INFO »
I must add my vote for shiver's views, on the whole.

Stapp fails to show any sort of true fire for music.

He does have passion, yes -- however, his passion lies in the spreading of his personal idealisms and life, rather than the creation of excellent music.

The musical ardor from Tremonti, Flip, and Marshall thrived on Stapp's messages because the goals where clear: Compliment each other's abilities, and good things will come.

In time, however, Stapp ultimately felt as though he was the center for Creed's music.

I believe that is the major conflict: That Stapp thinks Creed is his own personal little creation when, in reality, he is only ( initially 1/4, now 1/3 ) of the band.

I think he's also creating personal conflicts of interest between him and the other "major" band member -- Tremonti.

He's a very troubled person. Behind all the glitz, rockstardom, and showstuffs, he is going through alot.

I agree with shiver in the following respects:

Flip/Tremonti/Marshall can only be a good move. Weathered sucked hard because Creed lost a part of it's signature sound. Stuff like Bullets, WGMB, Freedom Fighter, Weathered -- great stuff. Showed potential/ possible moves. ESPECIALLY Bullets. I know everyone here was impressed with Tremonti's display of that incredibly badass song.

Heh. Bullets beats the ever-loving crap out of a ton of the "heavy" rock songs out there.

Anyway. Point in hand.

Lose Stapp = Lose some problems.

Finding someone to replace him though ... ack. That's going to create plenty of new problems.

So long as Mark/Flip/Marshall are reunited, I can't really see any sort of bleakness in the future.

Bottom line is this: Tremonti's the man because he's about the music. He's going to do what's best for the creation of awesome music.

That's always been his goal. And THAT'S why Stapp falls short: Because his goal isn't about the creation of music.

Stapp is about the creation of his own message and ideals.

Downshifter, Go! You have my vote!
Old 11-25-2003, 06:19 PM   #30
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
<!--QuoteBegin-TeriB19+11-24-2003 09:12 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TeriB19 @ 11-24-2003 09:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Yeah, Matt, where are you getting your information from? He got into music so that he didn't become a poor drug addict? Where did that come from? [/b][/quote]
Behind the music.... scott basically said it himself....he was living alone in an empty apartment....gettin high....gettin wasted....this girl he was datin was into the doors....he was like....Hey That's what i'll do!....and there ya go....he becomes a singer....i'm not saying he didnt work hard for it....Cuz damn he worked his ass off..... he was very passionate....but in the end...it was for the money....not music....

Jesus + Guitars = Life