++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-19-2003, 11:43 AM   #16
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
<!--QuoteBegin-extreme_LITHIUM+11-19-2003 10:22 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (extreme_LITHIUM @ 11-19-2003 10:22 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Damn...Seems like he was borh right and wrong. Jeff didn't wanted to tell him anything, and we kind of missunderstod each other. He meant that they won't broke up yet, they will release a new album 2004. And that will problably be the end for Creed. [/b][/quote]
Tell your friend to forward the email to yourself or me ... steve _AT_ creedfeed _DOT_ com with FULL HEADERS. That's the only way to verify it is a real email.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 11-19-2003, 11:47 AM   #17
crest tattoo
USER INFO »
Now this scares me. Do I or don't I really want to know?
Old 11-19-2003, 03:33 PM   #18
crest tattoo
USER INFO »
Extreme lith, what's going on with this situation?
Old 11-19-2003, 03:43 PM   #19
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Hell, why are you asking me? I dunno! I don't know anything that you don't know!

The only things I know is that Creed knows that many fans think they will broke up. So we will problably have an answer from them in a few days, in someway. Me myself choose to not belive anything right now! May are Creed splitting up, maybe are they just leaving Wind-Up, maybe nothing of this, I don't know! I think that Creed themselfs have to sit down and talk about it, 'cause I don't think that they are sure if they will and how they shall act. They sended us the mail yesterday, and that's the prove...They know that we know!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 11-19-2003, 04:32 PM   #20
Charmin
USER INFO »
I just pulled this from the pit:

Cause I can't stand to watch all the petty bullshit......

Yes, I know I said I wouldn't say anything. And I am here on my own accord. Both Ann and Sami know of my position on this.

All this speculation and bickering is getting nowhere. So here is what was said:

The new band will NOT be called Downshifter. They decided against the name.

Flip will remain with Mark.

The genre will be extreme heavy metal. I brought up Disturbed and he said " Ten times heavier than Disturbed. Metallica even"

He said he has worked harder in the past 11 months than he ever has before.

Creed did get together for a rehearsal, but it just wasn't working out.

He seemed very excited about this new venture.

They are auditioning a lead singer.

There will not be a DVD.

There will not be a "new" Creed album anytime in the near future.

He and Scott have parted ways.

His new band expects to have an album out by this summer.

I flat out brought up Chicago. To his face. I told him what I thought of his professionalism, and how hard he worked to hold that concert together. He seemed genuinely grateful.

We all wished him the best of luck. We told him that not everyone wears rose colored glasses where Creed is concerned. I told him that he had a lot of fans in his corner, and again he seemed really grateful.

He was kind. He was laid back. He shared what I truly think he wanted to get off his chest.

Charmin
Old 11-19-2003, 05:41 PM   #21
BigBassDrummer
USER INFO »
Yes, we've seen this a hundred times.... its just as much BS as the other stuff. Nothing is confirmed!
Old 11-19-2003, 05:49 PM   #22
crest tattoo
USER INFO »
Shuffling through the BS is the toughest. You get to the point where even knowing Sami was there, it's not enough when everyone else is throwing this and that in your lap. Charmin, thanks for the effort. It was nice of you to copy that. I at first was relieved to read that as well, but I'm wishing right now I was illiterate...
Old 11-19-2003, 09:25 PM   #23
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
I e-mailed one of the local rocal stations spreading the breaking up news and they said "our listener Marcos, die hard Creed fan inform us... " then they received the e- news and they mentioned me again, that I was wrong...

I dunno what to say...
Old 11-19-2003, 09:44 PM   #24
Agent D
USER INFO »
"Weathered" just finished playing on my local station and the DJ mentioned the Anthology and Tremo's and Stapp's solo albums but didn't mention them breaking up.
Old 11-20-2003, 12:33 AM   #25
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Crest -- do you know this Sami person?
Old 11-20-2003, 08:36 AM   #26
crest tattoo
USER INFO »
No I don't. And I don't want to sound like "I have a friend who has a friend" but from the 2 people I trust over there, they say she holds credibility. She has some 6000 plus posts I think there, so she's not a troll. Like I just told Julie, you can look at this 2 ways, One, hold out hope; or two, don't hold out hope. Why wouldn't we? We have no definitie evidence not to.
Old 11-20-2003, 10:18 AM   #27
Julbright
USER INFO »
GUYS - WE CANNOT FALL APART OVER THIS! If they are breaking up - we know these guys and we know it has to be for a VERY GOOD reason! We also know that they are the type of people to not let something continue on forever - I have no doubt that even if they don't reunite that they will reconcile (if they are even fighting!?) eventually. They will miss the magic that we know exists - there is hope for a future probably just not an immediate one!

If they aren't breaking up then we are wasting an unacceptable amount of energy worrying about it!!!!! I am with JOY - we need to err on the side of hoping for the best and wait to see what happens. I for one cannot let this cloud the rest of my life!!!

If it turns out to be true, I will defnitely mourn, but right now we cannot fall apart.

BTW - I am inclined to believe that Mark did spout off at this Meet and greet - but for example - haven't any of you who are married said in frustration and anger something like I want a divorce or my spouse is such a moron and then 2 days later when things were worked out it was like how could I have ever said that??? These guys are in an intense relationship - those things are bound to happen and we knew from the start that they have different musical tastes. It shouldn't surprise us that the writing process has presented some obsticles for them the fourth time around...

PLUS _ can you imagine the pressure???? I don't think Scott reacts well to all that pressure! Their last album debuted at number one right? and the others were enormouse hits as well yes? the pressure to make it better and better all the time - so they have a different opinion about it - no surprise. But people are not stagnant - they evolve over time - and this band might just come back together on down the road when the pressure is off and create magic again.

The promise of solo stuff is acutally comforting! Think of how awful it would be if they were quitting the music biz all together and that was it - we wouldn't see them at all anymore! At least they are still going to be around ...

I am well aware I am rambling here - but I am trying to convince myself to stop whining I guess - I can't go into mourning until I know facts.
I laid beside you I'm not worthy
This jaded man's not who I am
I touched the flame and I've been burned
All I need's a second chance
Give me eyes of a child
And teach this man to relearn love
RELEARN LOVE _ SCOTT STAPP

When shadows paint the scenes where spotlights used to fall...I will be there for you Scottie
Old 11-20-2003, 11:44 AM   #28
velocityidp
USER INFO »
Frankly I'd really like to see some solo stuff from Tremonti... so long as Creed stays together. I always get the impression he wants to get a harder, more "rough" sound; more like MOP. I also think he's far more stable than Stapp is... it just seems like Stapp is such a complete mess right now and the other members are sick of putting up with him.

I have always had this wierd love-hate relationship w/ Stapp... he's so unstable and a bit arrogant at times, but I know Creed is not Creed without him. I'm a guy, and I'm obviously not physically attracted to him, but like it or not, Stapp has a certain quality about him (his voice, his manner during performance) that just draws you in. Technically, he's not the best singer, but he's just got that intangible "something" about him.
By the words of men who have no ground

Can't sleep beneath the trees of wisdom
When your axe has cut the roots that feed them
Forked tongues in bitter mouths
Can drive a man to bleed from inside out

- "What If", Creed
Old 11-20-2003, 11:57 AM   #29
Julbright
USER INFO »
He has CHARISMA _ that is the word you were looking for - no??? HE is Creed - there is no other voice no matter how talented that can replace him in THIS band.

And although I love Scott and would marry him if he would have me - I agree with you - the perception I get is that he is a mess or moody at the very least and they are tired of it. I dont' think he is arrogant - but maybe stubborn - or let's say passionate about having things his way.
I laid beside you I'm not worthy
This jaded man's not who I am
I touched the flame and I've been burned
All I need's a second chance
Give me eyes of a child
And teach this man to relearn love
RELEARN LOVE _ SCOTT STAPP

When shadows paint the scenes where spotlights used to fall...I will be there for you Scottie
Old 11-20-2003, 02:16 PM   #30
facelessman
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
yeah, but you can say that about Mark and flip
and ive seen more guts on 11 year old kids.
Have another drink and drive yourself home
I hope theres ice on all the roads
and think of me when you forget your seatbelt
and again when your head goes through the windshield.
Seventy Times Seven- Brand new