++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 11-14-2005, 02:49 PM   #1
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
'WWE Smackdown!' Star Guerrero Dies

Since I know that some of you here are Pro Wrestling fans, I thought I'd post this tragic, sad news in case you haven't visited any Wrestling-related sites lately:

-----------------------
MINNEAPOLIS - A World Wrestling Entertainment star was found dead in his hotel room Sunday in Minneapolis, where he was scheduled to appear that evening in a WWE show.

Eduardo Gory Guerrero, 38, didn't respond to a wake-up call Sunday morning, authorities said. His nephew, fellow WWE wrestler Chavo Guerrero, and hotel security at the Minneapolis Marriott City Center forced their way into the room and found him.

There were no apparent signs of foul play, police said. An autopsy was planned to determine how Guerrero died.

His nephew said Guerrero was open about past drug and alcohol abuse but had been sober for four years. Guerrero was married and had three children.

"This is a huge loss," said WWE chairman Vince McMahon. "Eddie was a wonderful, fun-loving human being. Eddie was a consummate performer."

Guerrero was a featured star on the UPN series "WWE Smackdown!" and son of Mexican wrestler Gory Guerrero. Last year, he became the second wrestler of Hispanic heritage to be WWE champion, though he lost the title four months later.

UPN also aired a special last year on his life, "Cheating Death, Stealing Life: The Eddie Guerrero Story." The program chronicled Guerrero's childhood and his struggle with drug addiction that almost cost him his job, family and life.
----------

I've always admired Guerrero's wrestling ability. He was an amazing performer with a ton of charisma. Not only that, but he was a truly good guy(from what I've heard) who had been sober/drug-free for 4 years. He battled his addictions, and it appeared that he had beaten them. The current speculation is that he had a heart attack. One can assume that was probably brought on by his previous drug-use, as a healthy 38-year-old guy just doesn't have a heart-attack like that without something being wrong. I think that makes this even more tragic: he cleaned up his life, was happily married with kids and was about to become WWE champ again. And then this happens. My heart goes out to his family, particulary his wife and kids. This has to be extremely tough for them. WWE Raw tonight and Smackdown on Friday will both be tribute shows, much like what the WWE did for Owen Hart after he died.

R.I.P. Eddie

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 11-14-2005, 03:11 PM   #2
GregS
USER INFO »
Ye its very sad news man. I seen it first on WWE.com yesterday after many people on msn messenger telling me bout the tragic loss. Eddie was a great person and wrestler , may he rest in peace. He will be missed.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:39 PM   #3
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Oh my god, that's terrible
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 11-14-2005, 07:33 PM   #4
Torn Signs
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Torn Signs Send a message via Yahoo to Torn Signs
I loved this guy. He was one of my favs for at least 5 years. I hope he rests in peace and they find what killed him. I will miss his "stealing" catty ways and him on air with some of my other favs like Benoit, Jericho, Chavo, and Rey.

I'm otherwise known as: WTLF-101
Old 11-15-2005, 04:10 PM   #5
titan9
USER INFO »
Apparently they have found what killed him:

----------
From WWE.com: After the untimely passing of Eddie Guerrero, WWE and the entire sports-entertainment community is still reeling from the devastating loss of a champion. The initial autopsy reports on Guerrero have come in. WWE.com spoke with Eddie’s widow, Vickie Guerrero, earlier today.

“It was heart failure. It was from his past – the drinking and the drug abuse. They found signs of heart disease. She (the examiner) said that the blood vessels were very worn and narrow, and that just showed all the abuse from the scheduling of work and his past. And Eddie just worked out like crazy all the time. It made his heart grow bigger and work harder and the vessels were getting smaller, and that’s what caused the heart failure. He went into a deep sleep.

As soon as they saw his heart, they saw the lining of his heart already had the heart disease. There was no trauma, and Eddie hadn’t hurt himself in any way. It answered a lot of questions. I knew Eddie wasn’t feeling very good for the last week. He was home and kept saying he wasn’t feeling good and we thought it was just “road tired.” So we thought he just had to rest. It answered a lot of my questions, too, because he was just so exhausted. She said it was normal because the heart was working so hard.

When he didn’t call me last night and the night before I knew it was for real, because he would call me every night. I miss his phone calls. I cried through the whole thing (last night).

I loved his laugh. His laugh was the best.

We just celebrated his four-year sobriety last Thursday. We just thought we had life by the handful. We thought we had it all figured out. He worked so hard to make a better life for us.

I’m just overwhelmed by how people are coming out. It’s touched my heart a lot.

Everybody was just in awe last night in how beautifully everything was put together.

All my life was wrestling. All he did was take care of them and live for that. And I don’t know what to do now.”

Credit: WWE.com
-------

Did anyone watch Raw last night? Man, it was so emotional, but such a good tribute show.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 11-16-2005, 09:02 AM   #6
SnowBlower-HALL
USER INFO »
As a massive wrestling fan myself, I can only say how sad I felt upon hearing this news.

Eddie was never my favorite wrestler"- but I did respect what he did in the ring as a performer and I had even more respect for him- outside the ring for overcoming his demons like he did.

38 is no age to die. But the four years of good clean living was no match for the many more years of drugs and alcohol abuse which took its toll on his body and ultimately took his life.

Former WWE wrestler Test had some choice words to say about eddie's death and the use of drugs in the wwe in general. Test

R.I.P... Latino Heat...
Old 11-23-2005, 06:00 PM   #7
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
the news blew me away when i first heard it last week. eddie was such a tremendous talent who overcame so much. more than just his past drug addiction. so viva la rasa! rest in peace, eddie.

i think shawn michaels said it best when he said "eddie's last breath on earth was his first breath in eternity."

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"