++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 08-11-2004, 11:02 AM   #1
Shadow
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Scott speaks about his health during Weathered Tour

I would like to thank my friend Chris at PBF for posting these very touching, emotional articles about Scott. Second article is in second post.

SCOTT STAPP SAYS HIS HEALTH WAS FAILING ON LAST CREED TOUR

New Rock News provided by LaunchDaily

When Creed broke up in June, the official line was that the group had simply gone as far as they could and were looking for new challenges. But singer Scott Stapp says things weren't right as far back as the band's 2001-2002 tour in support of their last album, Weathered. Stapp told us that Creed's nonstop schedule had left him a physical wreck. "You know, I had pneumonia, then they found out I had two tumors behind my sternum. I had a nodule on my vocal cord. I was suffering from exhaustion because, despite having all these health problems, I didn't take time off. I was kinda pressured, quote unquote, to deal with it."

Stapp says he was given Prednisone, an anti-inflammatory drug, to soothe his vocal cords so he could keep touring. But the drug brought him down mentally and caused him to gain weight, which led to rumors that he was drinking heavily. He says the combination of problems finally put him over the edge. "In dealing with all that and, you know, feeling like, you know, all people around me cared about was money, and not about my health, I kinda got depressed about that, and kinda disenfranchised with humanity for a while."

The vocalist says that turning towards Christianity helped pull him through this difficult period in his life.

Stapp returns to the music scene this week with his first solo outing, a song called "Relearn Love." The track is the first single from the upcoming album, The Passion Of The Christ: Songs, a collection of material inspired by director Mel Gibson's controversial Biblical epic. The album and the DVD of the film both arrive on August 31st.

last modified: 8/10/2004 2:46 PM

Here's the link: Scott Stapp

Last edited by Shadow : 08-11-2004 at 11:05 AM.
Old 08-11-2004, 11:03 AM   #2
Shadow
USER INFO »
Here's the second article

EX-CREED SINGER SCOTT STAPP SAYS HE NEEDED TO 'RELEARN LOVE'

New Rock News provided by LaunchDaily

Former Creed vocalist Scott Stapp returns to the music scene with "Relearn Love," the first single from a new collection of music titled The Passion Of The Christ: Songs. The album compiles tracks inspired by the controversial film, The Passion Of The Christ. Although Stapp had written his tune before seeing the movie, he told us that the film helped him complete the song. "It kind of gave me some direction about, you know, what I wanted to say and why I wanted to say it, for me. You know, I wrote the song based on my feelings and what I was going through, and so, yes, it started before and then it's just a complete coincidence that The Passion Of The Christ came along and was there for final inspiration."

Stapp says that the Mel Gibson-directed movie also aided him on a personal and spiritual level. "I had already begun a process of kind of reconnecting with my faith prior to seeing that, and so it was ironic that the film kind of dropped in and gave me a little voice from heaven, so to speak, you know, kind of like, 'Hey, you're moving in the right direction,' kind of thing, because it coincided with my private life and what I was dealing with."

A video for "Relearn Love," which is Stapp's first solo offering since Creed officially disbanded in June, is being shot tomorrow (Tuesday, August 10th).

The album is due out on August 31st, the same day that The Passion Of The Christ arrives on DVD. Other rock artists appearing on the record include P.O.D. and Christian punk band MxPx, whose track includes a guest appearance from Blink-182 bassist Mark Hoppus.

last modified: 8/9/2004 12:59 PM
Old 08-11-2004, 11:07 AM   #3
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Scott Stapp) "You know, I had pneumonia, then they found out I had two tumors behind my sternum. I had a nodule on my vocal cord. I was suffering from exhaustion because, despite having all these health problems, I didn't take time off. I was kinda pressured, quote unquote, to deal with it."

that made me really pissed. they should've canceled the tour immediately.

And Stapp is guilty too, he should've pushed it. And if Mark and Flip knew about it, they should've step up for Stapp.

that's just not right. it doesn't matter if it's a band or a business, people should be the priority.
Old 08-11-2004, 11:31 AM   #4
musiclover291
USER INFO »
I'm not surprised by what he is saying that's what they do push bands especially a band as successful as Creed they bleed them dry just to keep the money machine going. It was very apparent that he was very sick when I saw him on the Weather tour he looked very sick and his voice was very weak. Also prednisone side effects are terrible it can bring on depression. Mark has also made comments about the pressure for them to produce hits so I think for everyone concern it was best they split up. I can see why Stapp broke away from his old management and band he had to found his own way back by himself.
Old 08-11-2004, 01:01 PM   #5
Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) And Stapp is guilty too, he should've pushed it. And if Mark and Flip knew about it, they should've step up for Stapp.

that's just not right. it doesn't matter if it's a band or a business, people should be the priority.
Hi Marcos!

But look at it from Scott's point-of-view. When you have an excess of people who depend on you for their paycheck, it's not that easy. It should be, but it isn't.

The whole Weathered Tour was a mistake. Would it have hurt anybody if the tour stopped for a few months for Scott to recover? The nodule on his vocal cord - the tumors - serious enough that these things should have been taken care of in a timely manner.

Marcos, go over to PBF - you can read what I wrote about this subject over there (page 3, first post).

Last edited by Shadow : 08-11-2004 at 01:06 PM.
Old 08-11-2004, 01:11 PM   #6
WhatsUrCreed
USER INFO »
I dunno....personally I am thinking somethings really fishy around here....How come Mark hadnt mentioned all of this stuff about Scott's health and how come this information hadn't really been brought out into mainstream...All you hear is that the friendship soured and they both musically went different directions...if Stapp really had these conditions...the band members should have stuck by his side...somethin isnt right...
Old 08-11-2004, 01:16 PM   #7
musiclover291
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by WhatsUrCreed) I dunno....personally I am thinking somethings really fishy around here....How come Mark hadnt mentioned all of this stuff about Scott's health and how come this information hadn't really been brought out into mainstream...All you hear is that the friendship soured and they both musically went different directions...if Stapp really had these conditions...the band members should have stuck by his side...somethin isnt right...

I agree. I wonder if they had some kind of contract that they could not speak freely under Creed. It was very apparent to many that Stapp was sick during the Weather tour.
Old 08-11-2004, 02:31 PM   #8
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) And Stapp is guilty too, he should've pushed it. And if Mark and Flip knew about it, they should've step up for Stapp.

Who knows, if they would've cut the tour off maybe the guys would still be together?

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 08-11-2004, 02:44 PM   #9
musiclover291
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by THE LITHIUM) Who knows, if they would've cut the tour off maybe the guys would still be together?

I agree I just had the same thoughts. But what is meant to be is meant to be.
Old 08-11-2004, 02:57 PM   #10
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
What sucks is that we weren't told immediately what his problems were. We were just told he had lyringitys. Not that he had friggin tumors! And that little thing about the medication answers that question of why he was looking a bit pudgy for a while.

The way I'm interpreting this from Scott (though this is only my opinion and I may be wrong), Flip and Tru maybe aren't doing the AB thing for the love of music and fans, but love of the fans' money. I don't mean to say that they're doing it for greed, don't get me wrong, but perhaps a lot of Stapp's problems with his voice was part of "what wasn't working out" during the process of getting ready for the 4th Creed album. We know now why Scott wanted to take things slower and tour a bit less. Just my

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Old 08-11-2004, 03:50 PM   #11
Torn Signs
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Torn Signs Send a message via Yahoo to Torn Signs
Quote: (Originally Posted by WhatsUrCreed) I dunno....personally I am thinking somethings really fishy around here....How come Mark hadnt mentioned all of this stuff about Scott's health and how come this information hadn't really been brought out into mainstream...All you hear is that the friendship soured and they both musically went different directions...if Stapp really had these conditions...the band members should have stuck by his side...somethin isnt right...

B/c the media didn't want us to know. They want the money. And I think the band wanted the money too. The way to get money is to keep mouths slammed shut and pocket books open. The members didn't stick by his side b/c they didn't totally understand what Stapp was going through and were probly impatient to want to get to where they wanted in life. Confusing anymore? Grasp how cold life can be?

I'm otherwise known as: WTLF-101
Old 08-11-2004, 03:55 PM   #12
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Hail, Hail, Rock and Roll.......and the love of the almighty dollar...regardless of who gets hurt in the process.
Old 08-11-2004, 05:01 PM   #13
WhatsUrCreed
USER INFO »
I am feeling very betrayed and mislead at the moment...I WANT THE TRUTH!
Old 08-11-2004, 06:16 PM   #14
Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by THE LITHIUM) Who knows, if they would've cut the tour off maybe the guys would still be together?
They should have at least taken an adequate amount of time off for his throat to heal the right way.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Higher Desire) And that little thing about the medication answers that question of why he was looking a bit pudgy for a while.
It was never a secret that he was on medication. Especially after the car accident. It's just that many wanted to believe something different.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Higher Desire) The way I'm interpreting this from Scott (though this is only my opinion and I may be wrong), Flip and Tru maybe aren't doing the AB thing for the love of music and fans, but love of the fans' money. I don't mean to say that they're doing it for greed, don't get me wrong, but perhaps a lot of Stapp's problems with his voice was part of "what wasn't working out" during the process of getting ready for the 4th Creed album. We know now why Scott wanted to take things slower and tour a bit less. Just my

Wow. I never thought of it that way. Mark always says he wants to tour and tour. Touring is the money maker when you're in a band.
Old 08-11-2004, 06:18 PM   #15
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
God forbid they want to make a living. Seriously, I think the truth lies somewhere in between both sides.