++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-30-2002, 07:57 PM   #1
Marty
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
So what brought you to become a fan of Creed?

Was it a song? Was it the name? Mark or Scott (either)?

For me it began with Higher. It was right before With Arms Wide Open came out. I love Higher, it was awesome, I however had no idea who was singing until With Arms Wide Open came out. I remember when I first heard it, it was actually the video. It was on VH1, the VJ said, "And heres Creed, who brought you the hit "Higher" with their new single of their second album, "With Arms Wide Open." After that video, I was hooked.
________
Vaporizer

Last edited by Marty : 09-17-2011 at 12:20 PM.
Old 11-30-2002, 08:05 PM   #2
Unforgiven Fan
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Unforgiven Fan Send a message via Yahoo to Unforgiven Fan
At first it was the acustic verison of MOP in early 98 then WTLF around the middle of 98
Old 11-30-2002, 08:19 PM   #3
hotforscott
USER INFO »
It was about 98 when I started listening to them, I liked all the songs I had heard from then on, but I became totally infatuated with them once I went to a live show, then from then on it was an obsession. i saw them in 2000, then this past Sept. and i will be going to chicago also. I was always a fan of them and of scott since i first heard them, but the live shows really put it in you.
Old 11-30-2002, 09:39 PM   #4
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
For me it was September of '99 and I was pregnant with my second child. I heard WAWO being played on a soap opera of all things. Really fell in love with the song because I was due to have my baby the following month. Started listening to the MOP CD, got HC that Christmas, found out how much Creed does for charity, got involved in the WAWO foundation and I've loved them ever since. So for those of you who think we're so shallow that it's all about the looks, you're wrong. They are about so much more to me and to all of us.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 11-30-2002, 10:14 PM   #5
hotforscott
USER INFO »
What the band does for charity with the foundation is awesome, I mean, I have never seen any artist go to the extent that Creed does. It's wonderful that they help so many people and I think that is the most attractive thing as well. They have so much love and concern for others that you can't help, but love them.
Old 12-01-2002, 12:05 AM   #6
DangerousDan85
USER INFO »
I had always liked Creed songs. After I saw the My Sacrifice video I took my sister's human clay cd, bought weathered and have been hooked since.
And yet I fight
This battle all alone
No one to cry to
No place to call home

Alice in Chains- Nutshell
Old 12-01-2002, 02:46 AM   #7
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
For me, it was sometime in 1998 and the song One came on the radio while I was driving. The DJ never said who sang it. I really liked the words, the beat, and the vibe I got from it. So, I called my sister, and asked her if she knew who sang it. I had to hum a few bars for her, but she was like, Uh, Hello, have you been under a rock? That's Creed, My Own Prison, ya know? So, I've been hooked ever since. This year, I bought the Blue Collar version off eBay for quite a few pretty pennies and have seen them three times since August. I'm going again in Philly on New Year's Eve. If they played every week around here, I'd be there. Their shows are incredible.
Old 12-01-2002, 02:49 AM   #8
DangerousDan85
USER INFO »
can't wait to see one.
And yet I fight
This battle all alone
No one to cry to
No place to call home

Old 12-01-2002, 02:54 AM   #9
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for ya, DD
Old 12-01-2002, 02:57 AM   #10
DangerousDan85
USER INFO »
thanks, When I go I'm gonna make it count and get there as early as possible to get a good spot. How earlier do you usually try to get to there.
And yet I fight
This battle all alone
No one to cry to
No place to call home

Old 12-01-2002, 03:09 AM   #11
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Pretty early if you're in the pit. In Fort Wayne, our group got their around 7 or 7:30. We were first in line. I came later because I was driving all night from Philadelphia after having been to a Jerry Cantrell concert. Friggin awesome weekend. At Penn State the following week, I got there between 7 and 7:30 a.m. If you get near the front of the line, it's good to make friends with security people. The guys in Indiana took very good care of us. We got the spot we wanted. It depends on the venue, too. At Penn State, it was a zoo because they had four gates open at the same time to get to one spot for wristbands. Total chaos. I ended up on the catwalk, which was cool, but I really wanted to be right in front of Mark, where we were in Indiana.
Old 12-01-2002, 03:38 AM   #12
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
two words.... Brian Marshall.

when i was growing up i was brought up on classical music, chopin. mozart, amadues, vivaldi, etc.... i was deprived of modern rock. i was raised on the piano and the voilin. which i love, but my parents took it a bit too far.... one of the very first rock songs i heard was torn. when i heard the bass riffs i knew that what i wanted to do. so naturally i wnt out and bought brian's fender bass. never cared for stapp, im partial with flip, marks good, but brian was the one that influenced my musical life. so when brian left i was super fucking pissed! i brought a sign in the first time i saw creed saying "bring back brian". bastards never let me bring it in..... but i guess its brett i have to look up to now... but yea, im prolly the only one here that actually admires brian this much.
Old 12-01-2002, 03:41 AM   #13
DangerousDan85
USER INFO »
what do you do if you have to go the bathroom i mean being there from 7:00 am to showtime.
And yet I fight
This battle all alone
No one to cry to
No place to call home

Old 12-01-2002, 09:30 AM   #14
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Bring a cup.

No, seriously, as long as you are with a friend or make friends with the people in line with you, they will usually hold your spot because they'll have been in line with you all day. At Ft. Wayne we were lucky, because even though we were outside the better part of the day, the venue was open for other, smaller events, so we could basically go in and out as often as we liked. Have to admit, that was a nice venue.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 12-01-2002, 10:57 AM   #15
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
I was a huge Scream movie fan... then, when the 3rd one was in the pre-production phase, I heard news Creed would be the responsible for the soundtrack... the site I read was all excited about it and I got pissed coz at that time, I had never heard about . I was stupid at that time! LOL!

At that time, Higher was getting a lot of airplay here... I heard the song a few times and I loved it! But I didn´t know it was Creed, until the guy from the radio said it was...

it was so perfect!!! then I loved the lyrics and searched about and all their history, their spiritual background, all of their lyrics really touched me...

It was (is) so different from other bands, it´s good messages, unlike some other bands that spread hate...

so here I´m... Creed is still growing in me ever since!!!