++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 07-25-2003, 02:16 PM   #31
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Ok, this thread just got a little too deep for me.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 07-25-2003, 04:19 PM   #32
Lechium
USER INFO »
I dont know about deep, but it does sound like whole lotta nonsence, said by people who see Jesus & Co. everywhere they look.
"hey Bob look at that bird!"
"that's not a bird, that's a sign from Jesus!"
Old 07-25-2003, 04:38 PM   #33
Samuel
USER INFO »
Lechium you let your love of ignorance guide you,because you have allowed yourself to be blinded from the truth.I hope you decide let go of your will and allow the Lord Jesus to release you from your prison.Amen!
Old 07-25-2003, 04:44 PM   #34
Lechium
USER INFO »
"Love of ignorance" = being open-minded?
"truth" = what YOU THINK is truth?

you are too absolute, too dogmatic.
and it's not me who's in prison -- I can accept possibility of Christianity being right. Can you accept possibility of say Bhuddism being the truth?
I'm free, while you're chained to your book.
Old 07-25-2003, 10:57 PM   #35
Samuel
USER INFO »
Why so much hate then.Your bound by something that you have no control over.They never let you accept the facts about Jesus if you have noticed.And also they feed you lies by what you hear in your mind.If you can read the Bible read 2 Corinthians 3:14 -17.
Old 07-25-2003, 11:44 PM   #36
Lechium
USER INFO »
Hate? In me?
When was the last time I did anythign hateful to anyone?
I like to fuck around, I like to poke and make fun of people sometimes, but that's about it.
Matter of fact many "hate free" Christians would fucking disown their kid if he/she turns gay, while if that happens to my kid I wouldnt care less I'm sure.
Old 07-26-2003, 12:30 AM   #37
ZION1010
USER INFO »
I did not know .that this was the issue.with the song sacrafice.the melodie is was caught me first .before I had really listen to the lyrics it brought me peace at the time when peace was no more . one night Iwas home a lone as always .iwas looking around the house.for something to end it all with.then I said self. id really like to hear the little creed song rite now. I turned on aSatlite raido and there IT was from the start.
Old 07-26-2003, 12:02 PM   #38
Samuel
USER INFO »
See I was saved when I was a kid but like Scott my mother made me study the Word take notes in church and so forth.So I really thought religion was boring and no fun.But Jesus is not about religion He is about a personal relationship with you.Now I had my wayward times 6 years away from church and the Bible anything Christian.I got caught up in a lot of perversion while I was out in the world.And just recently I have came back,and you know what Jesus never left me I left him but he was still there when I was going through all of this and he accepted me back into his family.Because of his perfect love he died on the cross for me and allowed me to be free again from bondage which was addiction.I said hello to him again and cried because he is the supreme Sacrafice.See in the Old Testament times people had to have daily sacrafices to God for their sins say a lamb or a dove.But they were not perfect,when Jesus came to live on this earth he lived a perfect life without sin so therefore he was the perfect sacrafice to God for all sins past,present,and future.All you have to do is believe that he did all of this for you and you shall be saved. John 3:16 in the Bible.Thank you and God bless.
Old 07-26-2003, 08:23 PM   #39
StappsSaviour
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to StappsSaviour Send a message via MSN to StappsSaviour Send a message via Yahoo to StappsSaviour
so, wot youz are sayin about my Sacrifice, is that the song is about Jesus???
i get a totally different meanin to that song aye...
i have never look at My Sacrifice like that b4
i dont think its about Jesus, or woteva
but yea
idk

Dedicated to a lost soul now found
My oldest brother

Nathan Kenneth Malcom Williams

Even Though You're Gone, You Still Mean The World To Me
11.08.1987-12.06.2005

I will love you and honour your memory always.
Old 07-28-2003, 07:30 PM   #40
ZION1010
USER INFO »
Our they a Christian Band ?Thats What People Wants to know Let me see if ican shed somelight on the subject First of all you got to ask your self what is achristian Somebodey that follows the law of christ theres not to many proclaming Christians doing that today ..there is nothing new under the sun today that has not been before... Jesus said to the Pharies I did not come to break the law of moses Tho it had been broke over n over Again so I tell you Now Jesus is Pouring out his Sprit on the last of his Children Just like he said he would First shall be last and last shall be first ....god moves throu this band They Give hope to the hopeless ...Some people Dont get it when they dont lable themeselfs ...as my self theese our the last of days And gods calling who he wants for what he wants.....
Old 07-31-2003, 11:05 PM   #41
s.floridagirl
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by ZION1010
...god moves throu this band They Give hope to the hopeless .....

I hear that!!
Old 08-04-2003, 11:45 PM   #42
RMadd
USER INFO »
Creed's lyrics make no specific reference to Jesus at all. It seems to me that MOP (the song) comes the closest to doing so ("A lion roars in the darkness/ Only he holds the key/ A light to free me from my burden/ And grant me life eternally"). Faceless Man sort of does, but the description of the object of the song is ambiguous. Many of Creed's songs are like this in that the lyrics provide no clear separation of Christianity from other religions. I work w/ a guy who has complained that, though he likes Creed, he wishes they would admit they are a Christian band. But I agree w/ Stapp when he says that Christian bands have a specific agenda in bringing others to Christ; Creed has no such agenda. I don't even think Scott is an enlightened Christian; I feel that he, instead, is merely very insightful and introspective when he writes. They have many songs that could well be labeled "Christian", but the same could be argued for Disturbed (I've nothing against them; their CD's, as you may well know, have explicit lyrics, though).

Old 08-05-2003, 11:03 PM   #43
ZION1010
USER INFO »
THANK YOU SAM WERE EVER YOU OUR I PRAY THE LORD HAS KEPT YOU
Old 08-05-2003, 11:13 PM   #44
ZION1010
USER INFO »
GY
Old 08-06-2003, 01:34 PM   #45
Samuel
USER INFO »
I hope God still loves me Zion.Continue to pray for me,you and as many other people and Jesus Himself as possible.Thank you and God bless all I hope that all will come to know Him Amen!