++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 08-01-2003, 12:03 PM   #61
ZION1010
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
samuel good to see you post again I could comment on IT All but Im not You guys our thinking .... not again Ill Just say this To the entire book of REV >>IN HIM IS LIGHT THERE IS NO DARKNESS....You do the math BY him All things Consist JESUS ROCKS
Old 08-01-2003, 01:51 PM   #62
Samuel
USER INFO »
Hello zion nice to see you too,continue to preach the gospel and testimony of what He has done for you.I am looking forward to seeing you in heaven one day or, maybe even on earth.God bless!
Old 08-01-2003, 07:16 PM   #63
ZION1010
USER INFO »
Hay samuel I like your name by the way. What Is your Favorite Creed songs and what other bands do you listen to hello how are you Wont you tell me your name ....THE DOORS That song has been on my mind All Day>>>For A thought >>>I HAVE SENT FOURTH MY ANGELS UNTO ALL THE PARTS OF THE EARTH Visble And INVISBLE TO KEEP THEE INN ALL THY WAYS
Old 08-01-2003, 09:44 PM   #64
creedfan47a
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Samuel
Do not be like the Pharisees John 6:40 do not add to what He says.Works alone will not get you into the kingdom.Believe in Him and you shall be saved.As for God living with His people Revelation 21:1-7.Thank you.

What's your point? Are you saying that I'm adding to what the Bible says? Perhaps you should actually read your Bible with your eyes open. You say that God will live with his people, according to Revelations 21:3 - but it doesn't mean literally. God's place is in the heavens, so verse 3 shows that God will dwell representatively with mankind. Just as the ancient tent of meeting in the wilderness was God's place of dwelling with men, a sanctuary where they could approach him, so during Jesus' Millennial Reign, God's "tent" will again be with mankind in a much closer, more lasting and beneficial way. He will deal with mankind representatively through Jesus Christ, but will not literally "live" with humans.
Old 08-01-2003, 09:57 PM   #65
Samuel
USER INFO »
You have already added too much to what you have actually read.Where did God say figuratively I`m talking about all this you have added to My word creedfan47a aka arnold.Revelation 22:18-19 or is that figurative.Thank you.
Old 08-01-2003, 10:07 PM   #66
creedfan47a
USER INFO »
So, because I look at the Bible logically, I'm adding to it??? Seems to me you are the one adding to it because nowhere in the Bible does it say that believers go to heaven when they die, but that is what you believe and preach. And the churches today add, and take away from it, because there are so many teachings in the Bible that the churches ignore, and they also add their own teachings to suit them. Telling people that if they sin, they will go to a fiery hell to be tormented for eternity, is a surefire way of keeping them going to church. And ignoring things in the Bible to please the masses is just as bad. THANK YOU.
Old 08-01-2003, 10:33 PM   #67
Samuel
USER INFO »
You sound like you read what you want to think and reject what you do not like.I hope that you have found salvation in the Lord and truely seek to discover Him.Amen!
Old 08-01-2003, 10:40 PM   #68
creedfan47a
USER INFO »
Tell me, what have I rejected that I do not like?
Old 08-02-2003, 04:17 AM   #69
mel!ssa
USER INFO »
Do you believe in hell Samuel? Show me the scriptures that say all who have sinned go to hell...
Old 08-02-2003, 06:28 AM   #70
Samuel
USER INFO »
Yes there is such thing as hell.Matthew 23:32,33. and 2 Peter 2:4 - 14.But why have to go there if you just do this Romans 10:9-13 thats all.Believe please.Thank you!
Old 08-02-2003, 06:46 AM   #71
Samuel
USER INFO »
Hi creedfan 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 and Revelation 21:8.You do not accept that God will punish sin.
Old 08-02-2003, 10:55 PM   #72
StrubesGuitar
USER INFO »
You guys are getting too much into the doctrine portion of this issue by the looks of it. It seems creedfan and melissa have their views and then Samuel does. I'm not sayin who's right or wrong, but this is what divides us as Christians, mere men's thoughts that are imperfect. One follows another cause they agree with that human's thoughts on the subject. Take Lutherans for example, and Calvinists, and all the other reformed views, dividing over predestination and free will, debating for hundreds of years, and still no resolve. Maybe that's a sign that God doesn't want us to know the answer to that ? till the end o' time.
We are commanded to one as a church, like the Catholics did, but they became corrupted throughtout the centuries, then came the reform.

The point is that we should read the text for what was written, go back to the original Greek for the exact translation for the New Test. and the Hebrew for the Old Test. Doctrines are just man's thoughts on what has been read. Don't do what they did back in the day.

"What consumes your thoughts controls your life"

BBBBBBBAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSS!
Old 08-03-2003, 12:32 AM   #73
ZION1010
USER INFO »
FOR the kingdome of god is inside us and all around us HEs Everywere and everythng JESUS ROCKS
Old 08-03-2003, 01:37 AM   #74
DangerousDan85
USER INFO »
i'm lactose intolerant
And yet I fight
This battle all alone
No one to cry to
No place to call home

Alice in Chains- Nutshell
Old 08-03-2003, 01:50 AM   #75
mel!ssa
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Samuel
You do not accept that God will punish sin.

Please don't tell either of us, or anyone for that matter, what they do or do not believe. We are saying that God will punish unrepentant sinners, but not by sending them to burn in hell forever and ever. I believe that they will be put to death and not given the reward that true believers receive - eternal life on earth.

As for your scriptures - I don't see what Matthew 23:32 has to do with anything. And verse 33, 'flee from the judgement of Gehenna', i assume you're saying Gehenna is hell? I don't believe that, i believe it stands for death, eternal destruction. There is no mention of eternal torment in a fiery hell.

2 Peter 2:4-14, that's talking about God not holding back judgement for those who deserve it, and as i said above, i believe God will not let these ones go unjudged.

1st Corinthians 6:9-10 - the people who will not inherit God's Kingdom. I agree.

Revelation 21:8 - much the same as 2 Peter. Those deserving it will be punished, i believe the 'second death' refers to total destruction. In Revelation 20:13, 14, it says death, or hell or Hades or Sheol or Gehenna or whatever, is hurled into the lake of fire, which i think you were saying was hell in itself.

*all scriptures used were taken from a direct translation of the Greek scriptures*