++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 06-14-2003, 09:18 PM   #46
Lechium
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
2StrubesGuitar: Christianity _SEEMS_ to be most reasonable to you, only beacuase you had been submereged in it all yoru life. If you took you time (really took your time) and effort and tried other religions, you'll see that they're pretty reasonable too.
Islam is so fast growing for a reason, you know.
Bhuddism is one of most dominant religions in teh world for a good reaosn too.

Also why are you talking about "benefits"? You're choosing your faith and what thsi world really is, according to who will offer you better afterlife package? lol
Old 06-15-2003, 08:43 PM   #47
StrubesGuitar
USER INFO »
Hey, if i can get all the good stuff in the end, i'm willing to stay faithful to the One who offers it. Hey, i have checked out other religions, i know what their god is and what happens in the end,what you have to do to "please" the god, and yes i have been submerged in Chistianity my whole life, but i have questioned my faith before. I read a book that gives all the historical evidence for the Bible, I have asked Him to reveal himself to me, and He did. No weird enlightenment and transcendentalistic junk. U just ask. He has shown me himself through people, thru miracles, thru situations, thru music, etc. But what if you REALLY submersed urself in Christianity? Have u checked what they offer? Most others have a heaven that has different levels of glory. If ur really good, ur in the highest level, if ur ok, ur in the middle level, and so on. Then there's reincarnation: that would really be bad cause you'd have to go through the hells of this world OVER AND OVER AND OVER!!!!!! So what if they grow real fast? Weeds grow real fast too. Yeah, so take all this stuff into consideration. I'll be prayin for ya.

"What consumes your thoughts controls your life"

BBBBBBBAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSS!
Old 06-16-2003, 02:59 AM   #48
mel!ssa
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Lechium
2mel: you asked me what religion I was, and I answered to my best ability...

Nooooo.....

I asked you, if you didn't want people to think of hell in the biblical sense, why did you post it in the faith/religion forum?

Others have also pointed this out.

And your answer......??????
Old 06-16-2003, 03:14 AM   #49
Lechium
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by mel!ssa
Nooooo.....

I asked you, if you didn't want people to think of hell in the biblical sense, why did you post it in the faith/religion forum?

Others have also pointed this out.

And your answer......??????

Okay.
This is not Christianity forum. This is Religion forum. And there are many different religions. Bible's not only religious book you know.

Concept of hell/heaven exists in many religions. But fail to see teh big picure of hell/heaven, because they approach to heaven/hell issuse viewing it in a very specific Biblical perspective.

Hope that answers your question.
Old 06-16-2003, 03:18 AM   #50
Lechium
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by StrubesGuitar
<b>Hey, if i can get all the good stuff in the end, i'm willing to stay faithful to the One who offers it. Hey, i have checked out other religions, i know what their god is and what happens in the end,what you have to do to "please" the god, and yes i have been submerged in Chistianity my whole life, but i have questioned my faith before. I read a book that gives all the historical evidence for the Bible, I have asked Him to reveal himself to me, and He did. No weird enlightenment and transcendentalistic junk. U just ask. He has shown me himself through people, thru miracles, thru situations, thru music, etc. But what if you REALLY submersed urself in Christianity? Have u checked what they offer? Most others have a heaven that has different levels of glory. If ur really good, ur in the highest level, if ur ok, ur in the middle level, and so on. Then there's reincarnation: that would really be bad cause you'd have to go through the hells of this world OVER AND OVER AND OVER!!!!!! So what if they grow real fast? Weeds grow real fast too. Yeah, so take all this stuff into consideration. I'll be prayin for ya. </b>

a) I'm TIRED if people telling me how they're gonna go to heaven, and I'm gonna go to hell. I've been told that enough times, so vut it out. We'll see if you're right or not eventually, and for now please drop it.

B) Please stop preaching. Religious fanatics amuse me in the beginning, but they all end up being annoying.

c) Reincarnation sounds much more believable to me than Judgment day. It's gonna suck to be stuck in this phycical world thou -- I wanna go to afterlife.
Old 06-16-2003, 03:25 AM   #51
mel!ssa
USER INFO »
Okay, what i should have said was, if you didn't want people to think of hell in the SPIRITUAL sense (thereby including all religions), then why did you ask your original question, which you said was just about ruling in a bad place or serving in a good place, in the faith/religion forum? Trust me, you would have gotten very different answers if you'd started this thread in the Chat-O-Rama... because then people wouldn't be thinking of hell in a spiritual, or religious, or whatever sense.
Old 06-16-2003, 11:43 PM   #52
StrubesGuitar
USER INFO »
Lech, i did not say u were going to hell. I know i'm going to heaven because I was promised this if i believed on Jesus Christ.
You have the choice of going to heaven or hell (course that's getting into the whole free will/predestination controversy, which i choose not to hold a pos. on cause i think the divisions in the church are stupid). I'm not a religious fanatic, i have had doctrine classes, which i think are stupid also, but that's it. Most of my time being "religious" is goin to church, thinking, and looking in the Bible, and my mom and dad show me how to do what is right and they show me the ways of God. Christianity today has been distorted over the centuries. I, people i know, and friends would not consider me a religious fanatic. A religious fanatic would be on you like crazy and shovin the word down your throat w/o givin you a chance to breathe. I don't believe in telling people about God that way, like those television preachers! Darn them! But, I am just doing what i am told to by a much higher power. If u want to go to the afterlife u can. Try opening your mind to this like u did the others (ideas and religions). I'll be prayin for ya.

"What consumes your thoughts controls your life"

BBBBBBBAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSS!
Old 03-04-2004, 10:38 PM   #53
american_bad_a$
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Lechium) "Better to reign in hell, than to serve in heaven" -- John Milton, from 'Paradise Lost'

Do you guys agree?

john milton was not saying that as himself. i just did an in depth study on the book. a demon or more specifically satan said that in the book. john milton does not agree with that. he was saying, that is what satan is saying. satan is saying that to deceive people.
Old 03-05-2004, 01:53 AM   #54
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Why the hell are these old threads being dug up?

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Old 03-05-2004, 09:20 AM   #55
american_bad_a$
USER INFO »
i was bored, and i went looking, and i found these. just thought i'd put my :twocents: in
Old 03-05-2004, 08:02 PM   #56
Lechium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by american_bad_a$) john milton was not saying that as himself. i just did an in depth study on the book. a demon or more specifically satan said that in the book. john milton does not agree with that. he was saying, that is what satan is saying. satan is saying that to deceive people.
I never said that thet was his perspective, but it was himn who wrote it...
you dont have to nitpick at my old threast just to make yoursel feel better you know...
Old 03-05-2004, 09:09 PM   #57
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Lechium) "Better to reign in hell, than to serve in heaven" -- John Milton, from 'Paradise Lost'

Do you guys agree?
no

Old 03-05-2004, 11:39 PM   #58
american_bad_a$
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Lechium) I never said that thet was his perspective, but it was himn who wrote it...
you dont have to nitpick at my old threast just to make yoursel feel better you know...

the way you stated the question made me think that you though milton intentionaly meant that as his personal statement.

nitpick at yur old threads?? ia m just puting in my like what you do on boards.
Old 08-25-2004, 09:19 AM   #59
~alpha - melb
USER INFO »
fuck a new earth... let's destroy you monkeys, then the rest of them... then god...

existance sucks...

I reign in hell... that cunt hasn't been there yet.

God wants you dead anyway... Judgement day is on it's way.

where's that linda davis slut...?

that tomato needs an assfuck.

DIE OF CANCER YOU FUCKING APES... !! I hope your children die before they can reproduce...!!

Last edited by ~alpha - melb : 08-25-2004 at 09:27 AM.
Old 08-25-2004, 11:15 AM   #60
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Dang! Who wizzed in your cherrios
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot