++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 03-16-2003, 08:36 AM   #1
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
We are moving to Texas!

Just found out yesterday that we will be moving to Denton, TX. I am kinda siked about it, we have family near there and I think it will be a good move for Daniel, job wise. I hate to have to tell my job Monday, but they do have a store in Denton so hopefully I can work something out with that. It will be sorta sad to leave everyone here in town, but the cool thing is, no matter where I move I still have all of my CreedFeed friends. We are thinking it's going to be fairly quick. With all that is going on in the Economy right now, our decision making abilities are limited at times. He would have served his 6 years in May, then would have been available to draft for 2 years after, but not for moving, etc. They nabbed him while they could I guess. He is in the Army so there is not too much he will be doing right now away from home, but I would rather have him with us, even if it's a new home in Texas, then to be in Germany or somewhere training or whatever. A girl at works husband has been gone 256 days of each year, give or take a few since 9/11. My Dad is a Col. in the Air force and he is gone A TON. I am glad that it is nothing worse then a move and really I am going to make the best of the situation. Just wanted to let you guys know. I may be holding off on my plane ticket for Creedfest right now until we move in the next few weeks so I get the correct airport information etc. I will keep you posted. Don't forget about me if I can't post for awhile. Wish me luck!
Old 03-16-2003, 08:59 AM   #2
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Wow Carrie, that is pretty exciting news. And you are right, you are looking on the bright side that it's Texas and not Afghanistan. Thank God. Please let us know details when you can!! Hope you can still definitely make it to the 'Fest.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 03-16-2003, 09:03 AM   #3
hotforscott
USER INFO »
I should still be able to make it. I don't see why I wouldn't. I am just gonna wait until we get up there. More then likely it will be by April 1, and I want to find out the airports and all the info. I can up there. It's crazy, but at the same time, exciting. I am nervous a little, but I think that it will all work out. Thanks for your kind words.
Old 03-16-2003, 09:22 AM   #4
JenRN
USER INFO »
Carrie, that is great! Texas is a cool state, I have been to Dallas Ft. Worth area. I hope everything works out OK for you, moving can be exciting and at the same time stressful, wish I was closer to help you pack! So are you buying a house ther in Texas or are you going to stay in an apartment? Everything there is BIG from the land to the burgers:P You are still going to Creedfest right? I hope so!!!! Please keep us posted!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 03-16-2003, 10:10 AM   #5
SCOTTSMYMAN
USER INFO »
I lived in Texas for a little while. It's not bad. Hot in the spring and summer time. Much cheaper to live down there. Lived right outside Dallas/Ft Worth area. It is a big move but you'll be ok. Once you get to know your way around it's no problem.

"I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl only sleeps with butterflies "
Old 03-16-2003, 11:10 AM   #6
Sheila63
USER INFO »
That's really big news, Carrie!! I'm happy to hear your husband has this opportunity and Teri's right, I'm relieved that is TX and not somewhere outside of the U.S. I can understand how why you're kind of sad too though. I hope you'll still be able to go to CreedFest. I''ve been lookig forward to meeting you. I definitely wish you luck. You and your husband will be in my thoughts and prayers for a smooth move and transition. Don't worry, you won't be forgotten.

Relearn Love
Old 03-16-2003, 11:19 AM   #7
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Denton is about 40 minutes from Dallas. It is exciting. I will be able to make it to Creedfest, there really isn't anything stopping me. We are wanting to buy a house up their, we may stay with Daniel's brother and their family until we find something. I would hate to get locked into a lease and then find a house. I don't want to stay with them too long, but I am going to call the bank Monday and see exactly how much we are approved for. I have been looking at houses online. I am also going Monday to trade Daniel's truck in and get something else. I would like something a little bigger. I want to keep my car since I just got it, but his is a smaller truck and I would like to have more room. Thanks for all your kind words.
Old 03-16-2003, 01:52 PM   #8
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Wow, Carrie, that is big news! I along with everyone else is glad you are staying in the U.S. Change, even good change, is stressful, that's for sure. But you sure have the right attitude about it. I'm especially happy that you still are going to CreedFeed Fest 2003!!! I have been so looking forward to meeting you!
Old 03-16-2003, 01:54 PM   #9
DangerousDan85
USER INFO »
good luck w/ your move
And yet I fight
This battle all alone
No one to cry to
No place to call home

Alice in Chains- Nutshell
Old 03-16-2003, 02:41 PM   #10
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Thanks guys, I look forward to meeting you as well. I will let you guys know how it goes. It's so quick that I don't even know where to start.
Old 03-16-2003, 02:43 PM   #11
JenRN
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by hotforscott
Thanks guys, I look forward to meeting you as well. I will let you guys know how it goes. It's so quick that I don't even know where to start.

Start with 'honey we need a house with an extra room for my Milano's and whoppers!"

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 03-16-2003, 02:49 PM   #12
marlsy
USER INFO »
Good luck with your move, I think you are soooo lucky to be moving, I would love to do a big move, I'm tired of being in the same place!! I also wish I was going to the creedfest i wish I could meet all of you great peeps!!!
Old 03-16-2003, 02:50 PM   #13
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by JenRN
<b>Start with 'honey we need a house with an extra room for my Milano's and whoppers!" </b>

LMAO, that would about sum it up, huh?
Old 03-16-2003, 02:51 PM   #14
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by JenRN
<b>Start with 'honey we need a house with an extra room for my Milano's and whoppers!" </b>
LMAO Jen!! And make sure the additional space is air conditioned. We wouldn't want any of the chocolate to melt. That would suck!!

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 03-16-2003, 02:56 PM   #15
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Yes, it would suck. I have been checking out some places online and there are a lot of new subdivisions going up in Denton. We chose Denton because it is outside of Dallas and not as expensive. Their is a place I can contact called Denton Custom Builders who are building homes in the Apple Creek subdivision starting at about 91,000. Pretty basic house. 3BR, 2BA, about 1500 sq. ft. That is probably the first thing I am going to look at. I called my Mom last night to tell her and she is sending me down payment money, so with what I have already saved, we should get a pretty good deal.