++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Political Banter
Today's Posts «

Old 03-02-2006, 10:04 PM   #106
facelessmike
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: "Americans kill dozens of prisoners"

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) I honestly think the Republicans will wrap up the '08 election if John McCain runs... I don't think someone like Hillary Clinton stands a chance against him.

I agree. I'm a democrat, but would be 100% behind McCain. Besides, we're practically neighbors. I live about a mile away from him.

And it's looking more and more that it might happen:

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...money0302.html
Old 03-02-2006, 10:04 PM   #107
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp

Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) Ana & Stephen: I think you'uns (that is evidently an Ozark word indicating the plural "you") are at odds over the issue of intolerance simply because you're discussing different kinds of intolerance. Socially speaking, the majority of America is rather tolerant. Watching MTV or Bravo or HBO for a couple of hours will dispell any myths that we aren't. Yes, there are those, such as the KKK, who aren't particularly open to social change, but American culture, as a whole, allows for just about anything.

No prob....actually in average I think we are very 'tolerant ' to each other...

Quote: Politically speaking, however, President Bush at least conveys an image of intolerance. The Bush Doctrine--"you're either with us or you're against us"--is quite apparently intolerant of opposition. But that doesn't necessarily mean that the whole American political system is intolerant. It has adapted substantially over the years to changing social circumstance, so I don't see any reason why it will in the future. It just seems that some politicians, such as Wolfowitz, Cheney, Rummy, Bush, etc., are stuck in a Cold War mentality.

You said everything.
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 03-02-2006, 10:08 PM   #108
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp

Quote: (Originally Posted by facelessmike) I agree. I'm a democrat, but would be 100% behind McCain. Besides, we're practically neighbors. I live about a mile away from him.

And it's looking more and more that it might happen:

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...money0302.html

Wow! I think Chase will ask for your address...lol...seriously...do you have a pic of him ? I think I never saw him in pics or at Tvs(and Im too lazy to look for it ) ...
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 03-02-2006, 10:11 PM   #109
facelessmike
USER INFO »

I think there's one with that link...
Old 03-02-2006, 10:20 PM   #110
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) I pretty much agreed with everything you said up until this comment. What of the colonial period, particularly in Africa?

What ABOUT the Colonial period?
Old 03-02-2006, 10:31 PM   #111
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) Allright...I forgive you...
lol

Quote: Actually I must be very tolerant to say this... lol

Puh. I don' think you are very tolerant with Bushie, are ya.

Quote: That 'one' was you???? --lol

Nah. I have never participated in a poll... would be fun, though.

Quote: Actually I think that education is in a bad moment in everywhere ... especially public education ...because our (in a whole concept not only american--please!) wise politicians are much more interested in economics and consequently forget education...

Its not just that. Politicians often just pour money into education without any type of plan... or at least, in America.

Quote: Well.. seems he knows what hes talking about ...he sent soldiers to invade Iraq...right?

Huh?

Quote: Suggestions???

Can't fix the problem until you identify it.

Quote: Have you ever heard about FAMILY?????

sorry. That doens't work. getting your beliefs from your parents only pushes the question back a generation. where did they get their beliefs becomes the new question. Can't just say family. All you are doing is continually pushing the question back.

Quote: Oh you are a very tolerant person....

Thank you for noticing.
Old 03-02-2006, 10:50 PM   #112
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer)

hahaha...

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Puh. I don' think you are very tolerant with Bushie, are ya.

Well being tolerant with you is one thing (even though isnt an easy thing---lol)...but with Bush... lol

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Nah. I have never participated in a poll... would be fun, though.

Would be awesome! You could show your abilities to the world...

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Its not just that. Politicians often just pour money into education without any type of plan... or at least, in America.

No, you are wrong... they certainly have a plan: keep people ignorant...its their plan...here or there..its the same plan .

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Huh?

What????

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Can't fix the problem until you identify it.

What did you ask?? Honestly I cant remember...sorry

Quote: sorry. That doens't work. getting your beliefs from your parents only pushes the question back a generation. where did they get their beliefs becomes the new question. Can't just say family. All you are doing is continually pushing the question back.

We all live in society...our families live and learn obviously trhough the others genereations...do you want to me to answer "God"? Im confused...you confused me ...

Quote: Thank you for noticing.

You know...Im the tolerant person here!!!
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Last edited by Ana4Stapp : 03-02-2006 at 10:55 PM.
Old 03-03-2006, 12:41 AM   #113
RMadd
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) ... used operatives in Latin America tobring about democratic changes incertain countries??
oh its amazing! and of course ... very democratic!!!!! .... supporting dictatorships that killed thousand of innocent men and women in Latin America--some of them maybe had ' affinity'.for comunism system ---but most of them were common peole taken away by the militaires to suffer all kind of torture ...like teachers, journalists, students, priests...common people who simply disappeared...because someone decided that they needed to save those countries before they become communist...
Very democratic!!!!!!!!

in our government's eyes, it used any means necessary to ensure that a government that was communist in name or that was endorsed by the U.S.S.R. did not come to power. i'm not saying it was terribly democratic of us to do that. i'm just letting you know that Bush wasn't the first politician to say democracy needs to be supported by the U.S. in key areas around the world; he's merely the most publicized.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) whats happening, Ryan? I remmeber you saying to Chase that Iraq was invaded becuase of oil...but anyway...youve must changed your mind...
I think we're talking about 2 different instances of Iraq. In my post which you just now quoted, I was referring to the first Gulf War. Whenever I made that comment to Chase in another thread, it was more than likely in reference to the current Iraq War. Just because the same country is in question (Iraq) doesn't mean all the circumstances surrounding it are. I, therefore, am I entitled to come to two wholly different conclusions regarding these two very different wars (and, most importantly, the circumstances leading up to them).

Old 03-03-2006, 12:50 AM   #114
RMadd
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) What ABOUT the Colonial period?
evidently we can't use our knowledge of history to draw our own conclusions

but, seriously, when European states (Britain, Belgium, France, Germany, the Netherlands) moved into Africa, it's really no secret that Christianity was basically forced upon the "pagan" natives. Religious organizations from those colonizing states played a key role in setting up colonial governments and, more importantly, education systems. Because of these rigid controls, the vast majority of Africans living under the various colonial administrations had Christianity forced upon them. Even today, the "brand" of Christianity practiced in most parts of Africa is blended with various rituals culled from the African Traditional Religions (the general name for the multitude of local and tribal religions), such that African Christianity differs a great deal from that practiced in the U.S. and Europe.

Old 03-03-2006, 01:20 AM   #115
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) our government's eyes, it used any means necessary to ensure that a government that was communist in name or that was endorsed by the U.S.S.R. did not come to power. i'm not saying it was terribly democratic of us to do that. i'm just letting you know that Bush wasn't the first politician to say democracy needs to be supported by the U.S. in key areas around the world; he's merely the most publicized.

Your statement amazes me...and its not because Bush...( I do know hes not the first to say this... )

Look..you are going to be minor in History isnt it? Do you really believe in this role that US has? I mean...spreading democracy in the world throughout wars your country is involved ???? Is this the first reason ???

Quote: I think we're talking about 2 different instances of Iraq. In my post which you just now quoted, I was referring to the first Gulf War. Whenever I made that comment to Chase in another thread, it was more than likely in reference to the current Iraq War. Just because the same country is in question (Iraq) doesn't mean all the circumstances surrounding it are. I, therefore, am I entitled to come to two wholly different conclusions regarding these two very different wars (and, most importantly, the circumstances leading up to them
).

Yeah now I can see that...
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 03-03-2006, 02:18 AM   #116
Chase
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) ... used operatives in Latin America tobring about democratic changes incertain countries??
oh its amazing! and of course ... very democratic!!!!! .... supporting dictatorships that killed thousand of innocent men and women in Latin America--some of them maybe had ' affinity'.for comunism system ---but most of them were common peole taken away by the militaires to suffer all kind of torture ...like teachers, journalists, students, priests...common people who simply disappeared...because someone decided that they needed to save those countries before they become communist...
Very democratic!!!!!!!!

whats happening, Ryan? I remmeber you saying to Chase that Iraq was invaded becuase of oil...but anyway...youve must changed your mind...[/quote]

That's because the U.S. didn't invade Iraq for oil! Unless you can show me proof... I'm not going to believe your accusations.
Old 03-03-2006, 02:27 AM   #117
Chase
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) Your statement amazes me...and its not because Bush...( I do know hes not the first to say this... )

Look..you are going to be minor in History isnt it? Do you really believe in this role that US has? I mean...spreading democracy in the world throughout wars your country is involved ???? Is this the first reason ???

).

Yeah now I can see that...

What? Like fighting for Cuba's freedom from Spain, like liberating the Chinese, Koreans, and Filipinos from Imperial Japan? Like ending Hitler's rampage through Europe? If it wasn't for war... the political landscape of Europe and Asia would be very different. War sucks... but at times is necessary.
Old 03-03-2006, 02:38 AM   #118
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) What? Like fighting for Cuba's freedom from Spain, like liberating the Chinese, Koreans, and Filipinos from Imperial Japan? Like ending Hitler's rampage through Europe? If it wasn't for war... the political landscape of Europe and Asia would be very different. War sucks... but at times is necessary.

Okay...but forget the WWII for one moment and try to put some recent examples...
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 03-03-2006, 02:52 AM   #119
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) That's because the U.S. didn't invade Iraq for oil! Unless you can show me proof... I'm not going to believe your accusations

Well Chase ..you wont believe in my accusations...because I dont have proof...right?okay.. but how did you believe in Bush's accusations of Iraq having nuclear weapon if he didnt show any proof?
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 03-03-2006, 02:58 AM   #120
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase)
Quote: originally posted by Ana4Stapp
... used operatives in Latin America tobring about democratic changes incertain countries??

Very democratic!!!!!!!!
Im very curious, Chase....you quoted my post above but didnt comment it..can you answer me why???

Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Last edited by Ana4Stapp : 03-03-2006 at 03:04 AM.