++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 12-30-2002, 01:56 AM   #1
creedman
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Creed Chicago concert= HORRIBLE DISASTER!!

Tonights show in Chicago was the worst CREED show ever!! Stapp was in the worst shape hes ever been. He was sooooooo drunk it was crazy!! He stummbled all over the atage all night, barely able to stand. At one point he was laying on his back singing. He was repeating lines, forgeting lines, making up his own words during the songs. He slammed the mic 3 times, he didnt even finish MS. He walked off the stage and Mark was nearly in tears, had too tell the audience he was going to go check on Stapp. People were freaking out, crying, booing,sitting, demanding their money back. He took his shirt off half of the show, with a towel around him, he even took his boots off.

Something is really wrong with Stapp, I would be suprised if they still do the new years concert! Hope he gets it together the next few months!!
Old 12-30-2002, 02:02 AM   #2
creedfan
USER INFO »
I agree Creedman, it was a sad sight. Kudos to the rest of band trying to hold the show together. To be honest, Tremonti was still impressive as hell. I could of just watched him play riffs all night....
Old 12-30-2002, 02:38 AM   #3
stealmyfreedom2
USER INFO »
you're right

just got home from the chicago show too.... wooooww .. hmm dunno what to say about that one, but you're right Tremonti held it all together and flip was amazing tonight too.... even though you could see that they were both pretty pissed off.. what is going on with scott???
________
medical marijuana patient
________
Cheap Double Eagle Shotgun Fps 380 Holders

Last edited by stealmyfreedom2 : 03-11-2011 at 01:26 PM.
Old 12-30-2002, 02:39 AM   #4
RLipp69
USER INFO »
i want my money back

i want my money back !!What a loser!!
Old 12-30-2002, 02:46 AM   #5
ronda
USER INFO »
I agree, the concert was terrible. I know Scott is human. But I can see any drugged up drunk for free! What a disappointment.
Old 12-30-2002, 02:59 AM   #6
creedfan2334
USER INFO »
there is no reason why Scott shuld have turned to alcohol to solve his problems...he has way too much going for him career wise to throw it all away.

this concert leaves a very dark cloud over the future of creed in my opinion.
Old 12-30-2002, 03:02 AM   #7
stealmyfreedom2
USER INFO »
he's really let his appearance to go hell too.. i really feel bad for them all... this show will make terrible reviews.. and they'll all get reemed for it.. scott used to be all about appearances though.. now he's i dunno how to put it without seeming rude... he's put on weight.. lost his sexy six pack.. i dunno man...
________
Ferrari 159 S picture
________
FS1R

Old 12-30-2002, 03:02 AM   #8
tru2mine
USER INFO »
Now i understand i wasnt there and i didnt pay the money to see them but doesnt everybody think you should wait for some sort of explanation before you start talking about the future of creed?
Old 12-30-2002, 03:06 AM   #9
stealmyfreedom2
USER INFO »
i don't think that was a post about creed's future.. just the future opinion of creedfan...in general... trust me you would know what we mean if you were there..
________
Sao Penza
________
FX-1

Old 12-30-2002, 03:20 AM   #10
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Wow, this is really distressing. I'm going to the Philly show, if there is one. This is kind of scaring me. I was really hoping the Chicago show would be awesome. I'm so sorry it wasn't a good experience for you guys. They have been great the three times I have seen them this year, though at the Penn State show there were technical difficulties that put Scott in a less than perfect mood. I hope Scott is OK.
Old 12-30-2002, 04:06 AM   #11
weezer17
USER INFO »
Terrible

I was at the show, tonight and it was really depressing. I really like Creed, but seeing tonights concert pissed me off. When Scott Stapp fell down, I thought he was being a typical rock star trying to be cool, laying down and singing. But then he looked like he couldnt stand up, although trying to multiple times. Then he gets in the fetal position. After that he gets up and runs off stage. Someone from the band said that Scott left the stage and they wanted to check on him. I thought maybe he had the flu or something, but it was obvious he was drunk. He started singing with arms wide open in the middle of higher, he forgot lyrics, and when he did that he just acted like he wanted the audience to sing. He barely moved, and usually on stage he has a strong presence. His voice was terrible, and he didnt even say thank you, he just wanted to get off stage as soon as possible. There was no talking between songs, as soon as one ended, the next one started. One thing I forgot to mention was that as soon as the lights went off for Creed, it took about 20 minutes for the band to actually come out. Definitely the worst concert I have ever been to, and Creed definitely needs to do something to make this up to the fans that paid $60 for the show plus $15 for parking. It would have helped a bit if Scott had admitted to being drunk, and better yet, cancel the show and reschedule. All tonight did was piss off a lot of fans that paid good money to see a bad concert. Another thing wrong with the show, that is not band related was that the TV on the right side of the stage barely worked, and that made it hard to see anything. Scott has definitely let his apperance go, and the whole shirtless towel thing was kinda gross. Did you guys hear how badly he butchered the end of my sacrifice?
Old 12-30-2002, 09:44 AM   #12
creedfan
USER INFO »
He totally screwed up my sacrifice...i watched mark closely and he had to start his chord progression three times because of scott....thats not good
Old 12-30-2002, 11:02 AM   #13
Creed Say I
USER INFO »
What can I say here , other than MAN!!.. so sorry to see this posted here. i was lucky enough to see them twice in Oz early 2002 and they were Rockin.

One cant begin to imagine after so much touring the toll it has taken on them all. They have been giving to the fans big time. All I want to say here is I give no judgement on Stapp . But do wish all of them, rest, peace, and privacy once the touring is over. Coz god knows they deserve it !.

Cheers
Sharon

Creed Say I
Creed Inspired / Aussie Rock BB
Old 12-30-2002, 11:27 AM   #14
stealmyfreedom2
USER INFO »
yep!

you're right.. we all have to remember scott is human... and there are other things going on in his life than the band. This tour itself has been hellish.. with mark's mom dying (i think it was his mom), the car accident.. then the throat shit with scott.. trying to cram all of those missed shows back into the schedule.. and putting more and more in.. it's been one helluva ride this time for them and i think they need a loooooooong break to rest and re-group. They still rock.. they still kick ass... they just need to relax for awhile and be with family.
________
K100
________
AVANDIA SETTLEMENT

Old 12-30-2002, 12:17 PM   #15
dalton2
USER INFO »
Chicago Show

The Sunday night show was the most pathetic display of entertainment I have ever seen. The band was great, but Scott sucked. The fact that he didn't even address the crowd was the most bothersome. I would have expected a free show at a later date, but instead basically got the finger from a drunken idiot. The whole situation could have been rectified had they said something to the crowd or scheduled another show. If your going to drink atleast get your tolerance up before you do. Have been a fan from the very beginning, but it will take a lot to regain my respect. Maybe there's an opening for him to sing in Oasis.