++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 08-11-2004, 01:30 AM   #16
Xterminator27
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I think the new AB album fucking rules

yes thats right kids

FUCKING RULES

as good/ if not better then creed. It was great to hear some NEW and amazing music, and considering i loved all the songs, i think the album was a 100% success. Not much out there quite like it. Plus with all the kickass solos and shit, it ruled

Then shut the hell up and eat your damn lemons!

BUY MY MERCHANDISE
http://www.cafepress.com/xterminator27
Old 08-11-2004, 01:33 AM   #17
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
to each to his own but i can't stand understand those wanting the return of stapp. i really liked stapp in creed but two points;

1.he ain't coming back anytime soon
2.kennedy is a better vocalist

don't have the cd in my hands yet but i have really liked the streams i've heard. flip has gone to a new level, mark owns and kennedy is simply great. oh and don't forget brian who consistently puts out great bass lines.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 08-11-2004, 01:38 AM   #18
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedfan) I think the leader singer sounds too much like Steve Perry from Journey, which doesn't sit will with me.
I have to disagree. Myles is a million times the singer Perry could even dream of being. I despise Journey and I don't think Myles sounds anything like Perry. Yeah, they have similar range, but Perry never had the pipes or passion Myles has.
Old 08-11-2004, 01:43 AM   #19
Xterminator27
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) to each to his own but i can't stand understand those wanting the return of stapp. i really liked stapp in creed but two points;

1.he ain't coming back anytime soon
2.kennedy is a better vocalist

don't have the cd in my hands yet but i have really liked the streams i've heard. flip has gone to a new level, mark owns and kennedy is simply great. oh and don't forget brian who consistently puts out great bass lines.

The streams are nothing compared to the CD quality, trust me it sounds ALOT different on the CD (alot better) and especially metalangus

Then shut the hell up and eat your damn lemons!

BUY MY MERCHANDISE
http://www.cafepress.com/xterminator27
Old 08-11-2004, 03:39 AM   #20
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Xterminator27) The streams are nothing compared to the CD quality, trust me it sounds ALOT different on the CD (alot better) and especially metalangus

good to hear and i wouldn't have expected anything less. the differences in the musical styles in a way was always going to split the fanbase but i'll enjoy whatever each camp brings out.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 08-11-2004, 09:02 AM   #21
Mr.CreedFreakTN
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) I have to disagree. Myles is a million times the singer Perry could even dream of being. I despise Journey and I don't think Myles sounds anything like Perry. Yeah, they have similar range, but Perry never had the pipes or passion Myles has.
I didn't hear Steve Perry's voice , but I did hear Chris Cornell, Geoff Tate, Sabastian Bach, and Tony Hartnell. These are all awesome singers and to have one person be able to do this is just incredible. I LOVE STAPP for CREED , but MYLES is the voice for Alter Bridge my new favorite band.
Old 08-11-2004, 09:26 AM   #22
creedsister
USER INFO »
Your right i can here all those singers in myles i dont know how steve perry got brought up but anyways to each their own
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 08-11-2004, 09:50 AM   #23
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
I dunno who Steve Perry is...

Anyway, I'll listen to ODR now that I got album quality rips before I pass any judgement...
Old 08-11-2004, 10:09 AM   #24
creedsister
USER INFO »
he was journeys frontman in the 80s with radio ready rock that everybody liked with songs like open arms and highway Run
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 08-11-2004, 11:10 AM   #25
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Xterminator27) FUCKING RULES

100% AGREED!!!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 08-11-2004, 09:50 PM   #26
creedsister
USER INFO »
LMAO hahahaha
Old 08-11-2004, 09:55 PM   #27
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Mr.CreedFreakTN) I didn't hear Steve Perry's voice , but I did hear Chris Cornell, Geoff Tate, Sabastian Bach, and Tony Hartnell. These are all awesome singers and to have one person be able to do this is just incredible.
Yep, and I even heard a little Jeff Buckley in there, too.
Old 08-17-2004, 09:55 AM   #28
SCOTTSMYMAN
USER INFO »
Well, I've been listening to the cd for awhile now before I decided to have an opinion. The music itself is awesome but I have to say I don't care for Myles as a vocalist very much. He screams too much for me. It's just my opinion , remember that. Overall , I love the music and the lyrics just not who's singing them. My daughter told me she rather have Creed back and she's not crazy about Alterbridge. She doesn't like Myles either says he sounds like a chicken with his head cut off! Remember people this is just our opinion! It's really good just need a better singer and I don't even mean Stapp! Anybody else would be good!

"I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl only sleeps with butterflies "
Old 08-17-2004, 03:58 PM   #29
cariocawlad
USER INFO »
Well I just wanna say one thing. I've read in this thread many pepole saying that we cannot compare AB to Creed. In think These people are wrong. We need to compare. When Mark formed AB, he wanted to create a better band, with his personal goals and all that other things we hear in the last months. He was trying to do something better than Creed, so I think is too natural make comparisons.

Anyway, I didn't hear the CD, just the streams, but in my opinion AB is an awsome band. Not better than Creed and Myles isn't better than Stapp, he is a really good vocalist and I just love the entire album. I miss Creed, but if the way that Mark, Scott and Flip wants to go is that, I wish them all the luck in the world cause I just love the music they do.

Peace.
Old 08-17-2004, 06:18 PM   #30
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Xterminator27) The streams are nothing compared to the CD quality, trust me it sounds ALOT different on the CD (alot better) and especially metalangus

Sorry......just seeing that word Metalingus makes me laugh uncontrollably.........

Sorry....don't mind me....just ignore me.....