++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 05-19-2006, 03:49 PM   #1
adparaiki
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to adparaiki Send a message via MSN to adparaiki
Live radio performance including broken

Follow this link
http://www.wrif.com/sound/
and download the songs.
Scott sounds awesome can't wait to see him live.
Old 05-19-2006, 04:18 PM   #2
adparaiki
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to adparaiki Send a message via MSN to adparaiki
Re: Live radio performance including broken

It was a realy good interview aswell
Old 05-19-2006, 05:51 PM   #3
nagpo
USER INFO »

broken was great! stapp seems to have grown as a performer
Old 05-19-2006, 06:23 PM   #4
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

I stopped it at 12 min. 33 sec., I've had enough of the " they weren't there for me, or to pick me up."
If he finds himself sinking again I hope he's MAN enough to accept his situation and handle it with some dignity.

imo

I don't like AB dwelling on the past either.
Creed questions can easily be brushed off by both parties.

-Homer Simpson

Last edited by eusebioCBR : 05-19-2006 at 06:32 PM.
Old 05-19-2006, 07:52 PM   #5
GregS
USER INFO »

I honestly thought all the songs were awful apart from Broken which was awesome. 1st time performing it and pulled it off!
Old 05-19-2006, 09:52 PM   #6
Chase
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by eusebioCBR) I stopped it at 12 min. 33 sec., I've had enough of the " they weren't there for me, or to pick me up."
If he finds himself sinking again I hope he's MAN enough to accept his situation and handle it with some dignity.

imo

I don't like AB dwelling on the past either.
Creed questions can easily be brushed off by both parties.

Alter Bridge started the whole dwelling on the past thing. If you remember, the early Stapp interviews had nothing but praise for Tremonti and co. It wasn't until after 3/4 of Alter Bridge would bash him that he started to retaliate.
Old 05-19-2006, 09:52 PM   #7
Chase
USER INFO »

*Double Post*
Old 05-19-2006, 10:31 PM   #8
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) Alter Bridge started the whole dwelling on the past thing. If you remember, the early Stapp interviews had nothing but praise for Tremonti and co. It wasn't until after 3/4 of Alter Bridge would bash him that he started to retaliate.

I didn't blame either for starting anything, so your attempt to correct me was pointless.
Let's say AB "started it".
Is Scott just in blaming "them", for not saving him from himself?

-Homer Simpson

Last edited by eusebioCBR : 05-19-2006 at 10:39 PM.
Old 05-20-2006, 08:04 AM   #9
Robin101
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by eusebioCBR) I didn't blame either for starting anything, so your attempt to correct me was pointless.
Let's say AB "started it".
Is Scott just in blaming "them", for not saving him from himself?

I have never encountered a situation in my life thus far that I couldn't handle. There will, without question, come a time when I will require the love and support of my friends.

Scott found himself in several situations he couldn't handle - a majority self inflicted, some not. At this time in his life he looked to the people he thought he could rely on to help him and they ran. Not only did they run but they kicked him when he was down. I found the early AB interviews to be both cowardly and disrespectful.

Mark, Scott and Brian (like his opinion merited any respect) could have said 'no comment' when asked about the break-up or at least replied with a bit more dignity.

Stapp seems to be in a good place in his personal life and going in the right direction so fair play to him. I can't wait for the new AB album and I wish them the best of luck too.

I've already posted this opinion in another thread but I thought his performances were excellent - especially Broken. He will never regain the voice he had in My Own Prison and Human Clay but it does seem to be getting stronger and he's using it more wisely - I think he's realized his limitations.

Take Care

And then
They went on to say
That the pearly gates
Had some eloquent graffiti
Like 'We'll meet again'
And 'Fuck the man'
And 'Tell my mother not to worry'
~ The Trapeze Swinger
Old 05-20-2006, 10:27 AM   #10
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Robin101) I have never encountered a situation in my life thus far that I couldn't handle. There will, without question, come a time when I will require the love and support of my friends.

Scott found himself in several situations he couldn't handle - a majority self inflicted, some not. At this time in his life he looked to the people he thought he could rely on to help him and they ran. Not only did they run but they kicked him when he was down. I found the early AB interviews to be both cowardly and disrespectful.

Mark, Scott and Brian (like his opinion merited any respect) could have said 'no comment' when asked about the break-up or at least replied with a bit more dignity.

Stapp seems to be in a good place in his personal life and going in the right direction so fair play to him. I can't wait for the new AB album and I wish them the best of luck too.

I've already posted this opinion in another thread but I thought his performances were excellent - especially Broken. He will never regain the voice he had in My Own Prison and Human Clay but it does seem to be getting stronger and he's using it more wisely - I think he's realized his limitations.

Take Care

I must be too self reliant to understand or care about who he blames or why.

I CAN LIVE WITH THAT

-Homer Simpson

Old 05-21-2006, 03:15 AM   #11
thegodofguitar
USER INFO »

how many times has stapp f'd up lyrics in concert??? the world may never know
Old 05-21-2006, 06:22 PM   #12
Mrprophetman
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Robin101) I have never encountered a situation in my life thus far that I couldn't handle. There will, without question, come a time when I will require the love and support of my friends.

Take Care

Old 07-24-2006, 07:52 PM   #13
George Brasil
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to George Brasil Send a message via MSN to George Brasil

His voice is amazing. We know that he never will be the Stapp of MOP/HC as Robyn said, but he´s getting better!
Old 07-25-2006, 12:44 AM   #14
metalchris25
USER INFO »

He is getting better. that much is obvious, yet he has a lot of work left to do.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:17 AM   #15
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve

I thought My Sacrifice sounded bad. The second song was ok. The Great Divide sounded very good! Wow! Still listening now as I type...

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"