++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 04-25-2003, 08:35 PM   #1
jimmy2sacs
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
How many of you were actually at the Chicago show?

I know some of you were there, and others that werent only know what they've read. I've seen things completly blown out of proportion by people. I saw someone on here restating that Scott couldnt sing any songs at the show and ran off the stage a bunch of times. I can tell you, because i was there, that he left once and sang everything fine with ONE mistake. You could tell something was wrong, but he wasnt tripping over himself. People exxagerate everything, so dont just believe everything you read. I know what i saw that day, and it wasnt half as bad as these guys sueing creed make it out to be.
Old 04-25-2003, 08:45 PM   #2
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
yeah!!!

could you post your own review of the concert??? I mean, a more detailed one?
Old 04-25-2003, 10:01 PM   #3
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I know that Yvonne, Hotforscott, & Farmgirl were there for sure. And you, Jimmy. I'm trying to remember who else was there but I'm having a brain cramp. Please forgive me.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 04-25-2003, 10:02 PM   #4
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Wow! None of the bashers seem to want to post in here I wonder why
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 04-25-2003, 10:50 PM   #5
jimmy2sacs
USER INFO »
because the people saying bad stuff about him have no clue what they're talking about, and its starting to piss me off.
Old 04-26-2003, 01:21 AM   #6
jimmy2sacs
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by JulieLovesCreed
Wow! None of the bashers seem to want to post in here I wonder why

They're all scared of my muscles upon muscles...hehe...
Old 04-26-2003, 01:28 AM   #7
creedfan47a
USER INFO »
I thought it was odd. From what I remembered of the initial reviews, he only left the stage once or twice, and stuffed up lyrics to a few songs. The lawsuit makes it sound like he was leaving the stage every few minutes, and couldn't sing one darn word. :madder:
Old 04-26-2003, 01:56 AM   #8
farmgirl
USER INFO »
Currently:
Hi All!

I was at this show and yes, THE ALLEGATIONS IN THIS LAWSUIT ARE EXAGGERATED! Scott did not passout at all, he only left the stage a couple times, and alot of the songs were performed pretty well considering everything. He did sit down in front of Flip periodically to sing and he layed on the floor some but it wasn't at all what they are making this out to be.

These 4 people are making this out to be something more than it was and while I was concerned for Scott and some of it was hard to watch because I care about this band so much, I feel this lawsuit is one of the stupidist things I have ever heard. You don't sue a band you love because of a performance you were unhappy with. There is no guarantee at a Rock concert. These people paid for a show and they got a full set so I hope this whole lawsuit nonsence is just dropped or laughed out of court.

Rose
Old 04-27-2003, 01:38 AM   #9
HigherGirl
USER INFO »
Yeah..I was there too...these so called fans are making
it worse than what it was, It's true, you could tell there was something wrong with Stapp..the band members were even looking at him funny...I was right in front of him, He did miss some lyrics and the others had to sing, and he did leave the stage and people were booing him, But, he did NOT pass out or leave the stage SEVERAL times and he did sing most of the songs ok..But I will admit I have been to a better Creed show..I'm not sure whats going to become of this lawsuit though..I personally DON'T want my $$ back..But there were people in the parking lot ripping up their ticket stubs, Hey maybe it was the 4 idiots!!! But hey..EVERY band out there does NOT perform 110% every night, especially with a strenuous tour they have had all year so I'd say cut 'em a break..I'm sure Stapp will explain someday..
Old 04-27-2003, 11:31 AM   #10
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Yes, it is being blown out of porportion. HigherGirl and Farmgirl are correct on their statements, I cannot remember anything worse happening other then what they said except he did take his shoes off, and none of that, to me, is anything major. It's not as bad as the plaintiff's are making it and the booing during the show upset me more then anything. I think they all pulled together well considering Scott wasn't feeling good. I have said before that I had been to better Creed shows, but to me, this one was nothing to sue and get your money back for. It's stupid. I know how good Creed is and I know they need to unwind sometimes. This may have been Scott's night to do so and with all of the riot deals/threats and all of the cops ready to take the rioters (sp? is it even a word?) on, we heard from a security guard that Creed was thinking of NOT taking the stage, but the police told them to go ahead because if they didn't they thought a riot would break out. I think that is a very valid point. Other then the names listed above, the only other people I know were there, were Creedfan (he posted right before the concert, and right after, he went to the show with his girlfriend) and then Creedgirl99.
Old 04-27-2003, 11:35 AM   #11
weezer17
USER INFO »
I was at the show, and if I remember correctly there were quite a few times, when Scott forgot the lyrics, that he would walk around the stage just holding the mike out to his side. He sang about 65% of the concert sitting on the drum riser. I don't know what will come of this lawsuit, but I figured I would post what I remember of the show.
Old 04-28-2003, 02:21 AM   #12
Chris98GT
USER INFO »
I was there.

Scott half-assed some of the songs, but some were just completely butchered.

At one point, Flip, Mark and Brett just improvised and kept banging out a bunch of riffs. Scott was just laying there, the guys didn't know what to do. I give credit to them, they did what they could in a fucked up situation, but Scott still ruined the night.

I hope I never experience such a shitty show ever again.
Old 04-28-2003, 02:25 AM   #13
creedfan47a
USER INFO »
And just who are we (those of us who weren't at the Chicago show) supposed to believe?? Our good friends on the board who tell us a few mistakes were made, but it wasn't all that bad, or people like you, who tell us that songs were butchered, and the whole night was ruined??
Old 04-28-2003, 04:38 AM   #14
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Quote: Originally posted by jimmy2sacs
They're all scared of my muscles upon muscles...hehe...

oh yeah, totally
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 04-28-2003, 10:50 AM   #15
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by creedfan47a
And just who are we (those of us who weren't at the Chicago show) supposed to believe??  Our good friends on the board who tell us a few mistakes were made, but it wasn't all that bad, or people like you, who tell us that songs were butchered, and the whole night was ruined??

damn straight!

what´s the truth now?
Tell me the truth...