++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 01-17-2003, 10:13 AM   #76
JenRN
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Velocityidp is an engineer....... That explains EVERYTHING!!!!!!!:lol:

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 01-17-2003, 10:16 AM   #77
Siana
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Siana Send a message via Skype to Siana
:P
Old 01-17-2003, 10:26 AM   #78
JenRN
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by TeriB19
Can I have your attention please??

I, the crowned QUEEN of holding a grudge, do hereby relinquish my crown and my throne to velocityidp. He has proven he is by far, a better grudge-holder than I could EVER be!! Here is your crown, wear it well.

LMAO Teri!!!! Having over 100 posts of nothing but arguing is something he obviously is proud of!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 01-17-2003, 10:34 AM   #79
velocityidp
USER INFO »
Throughout this whole thread, few of you have presented well-thought-out points of view. In some cases, no points of view were articulated at all, in place of childish name calling.

This is just more of the same.
By the words of men who have no ground

Can't sleep beneath the trees of wisdom
When your axe has cut the roots that feed them
Forked tongues in bitter mouths
Can drive a man to bleed from inside out

- "What If", Creed
Old 01-17-2003, 10:39 AM   #80
Siana
USER INFO »
so.........????
Old 01-17-2003, 10:40 AM   #81
velocityidp
USER INFO »
?

- "What If", Creed
Old 01-17-2003, 10:42 AM   #82
JenRN
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Mr.CreedFreakTN
What If: you were in Scott's place
Your wife is a drunk, abusive, commits adultrey and tells you this to your face.
You have the world in the palm of your hand, but your heart is breaking and your being torn apart by family, media, and fans. And if it's true that Scott has lost custody of Jagger. Fast forward to Dec 29th and you have concert to do, and all you do is  come out drunk, be thankful Scott is still alive, some people have taken their life for alot less. I'm just trying to paint a picture for you that this is tremendous amount of stress, I don't think I could handle it without drinking.
And then two days later put on the best show of your life. I'll  say that it  shows love for his band,fans, family and the media which fuels him.I believe things happen for a reason, this maybe simply to help Scott grow and to learn, life is a book of knowledge and we read the pages everyday.I believe that Scott will get through this , I also believe Creed will  
grow together as a family . Creed will weather this storm, encourage them don't degrade them, you never know when you could be the next Scott Stapp so just give love to all, and do not judge, were not put on this earth to judge as the Bible says...Love One Another.

Thank you, I agree whole heartedly with you! There is enough negativity in this world and certainly on this board! We don't need to be continually bashing those who have made a a few mistakes in their life!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 01-17-2003, 10:47 AM   #83
velocityidp
USER INFO »
Well, let me ask you all another question that really gets to the heart of this thread:

What is your threshold of tolerance for decency? What would Scott have to do before you'd say <i>"hey, whoa... I can understand the situation you're in, but what you did crossed the line and you need to own up to it."</i>

- "What If", Creed
Old 01-17-2003, 10:56 AM   #84
JenRN
USER INFO »
The thing you seem to forget is I NEVER said he wasn't in the wrong!!!!! I just have forgotten the issue and went on! Of course it was wrong for that to happen, but my stand is that, hey he made a mistake EVERYONE makes mistakes! I just don't see the point of continually bashing him for it! Everyone else that went to the Chicago show has gone on with positive hopes for him to get better! I don't hold any grand standards for him, I just hold him to the standards of life, everyone makes mistakes. Not every mistake in life is followed by an immediate apology, just be patient!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 01-17-2003, 10:58 AM   #85
Siana
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by velocityidp
?

??????????????
Old 01-17-2003, 01:18 PM   #86
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: I also tend to think some of you have blinders on, unable to criticize Scott simply because he's Scott and he might be having personal problems. While his personal struggles should be taken into account in this issue, he still must take responsibility. You guys are lowering the expectation of decency for him so low that anything will be acceptable to you.

Not true. No one disagrees that what Scott did was wrong. I think that has been made abundantly clear by many on this board. I think you are mistaking blinders for compassion. We all have different levels of it.

I find it interesting that you had no problem mustering support for Scott when he was suffering from physical ailments yet you give no credence to his emotional ailments. IMO, when somebody gets that trashed, he wants to feel better, numb whatever emotional pain he is in. Yes, he did it at a very inopportune time. Yes, the fans deserved better. But I'll say it again. The man is human and he needs to heal emotionally and physically. I'm glad he only got drunk. He could have hurt himself in far worse ways.
Old 01-17-2003, 02:14 PM   #87
velocityidp
USER INFO »
I agree with everything you said. I can understand and sympathize with Scott - I'd hope you'd all see that. I have compassion for him and I have made great efforts to let him know I understand what he's going through.

NOW, with that said, I can cut him a break for being drunk on stage. But if he cannot bring himself to see the massive amount of disrespect he shoveled on fans, and not have the decency to at least apologize, something has to be said about it! Do you see the distinction there? I keep repeating myself, but it doesn't seem to get through.

And by the way, the support was emotional/physical. Do read the page again, and you'll see : http://fox.phpwebhosting.com/~refcoord/stapp

- "What If", Creed
Old 01-17-2003, 02:40 PM   #88
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Yes, you did support him emotionally, but as I said, that was when his wounds were being manifested in a physical sense. It's not as if the pain disappeared when he started taking medicine for his throat problems. It escalated, and obviously something was wrong in Chicago. I think you and I will never see eye-to-eye on this matter. We're just coming at it from different perspectives. You keep demanding this apology; I see the distinction. Maybe he just isn't emotionally well enough to make that apology just yet. It will take more than a couple of weeks for him to heal, and maybe when he's well enough he will do the right thing and apologize.
Old 01-17-2003, 03:10 PM   #89
velocityidp
USER INFO »
I think we see things pretty much the same, just in different doses... if that makes any sense. I know you're not saying this, but I never liked the notion of everyone giving Scott a "free ride" on everything. That's all.

Anyway, I wish he would have showed up for his interview, but I guess that's just where he is right now. It makes me sad, because a lot of less-committed fans that feel the way I do are going to turn away from Creed because of this.

- "What If", Creed
Old 01-17-2003, 03:31 PM   #90
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Dogstar
I've been told by many on this board that I don't deserve to have an opinion because I wasn't there. But since you asked...This is what I have said before on this issue: Had I been there, I would have been more upset seeing him use alcohol or drugs or whatever to deal with whatever pain he is. It's like watching a friend go through a meltdown and feeling helpless. I would have been more concerned about his welfare than getting my money back.

Well said Dogstar, that's exactly how I felt when I came to the board on Dec. 30 and saw the posts about the Chicago show. I felt concern and sadness for him and whatever he was (is) going through.

Relearn Love