++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 07-27-2003, 06:21 PM   #106
Lechium
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: Originally posted by Samuel
Why do you call yourself lechium?

I'ts a good song by Dredg.

BTW I went to that tournament the other day. My friend registered me there, and as he didnt know my last name he registered me as Victor Lechium lol
Old 07-28-2003, 02:16 AM   #107
mel!ssa
USER INFO »
Lech, saying that Armageddon is coming doesn't mean you have a dark outlook on the world or a negative view of the future. It's actually a good thing! It means changes for the better, crap gotten rid of... it's a good thing!

Can i just ask why you think times are better now than they were before? Haven't you heard all the little old ladies saying (old croaky voice) 'oh, people aren't how they used to be... back in the old days we could sleep in our front yard and leave the door unlocked and everyone knew everyone else, all the neighbours were friends and would look after each other etc...'
Old 07-28-2003, 03:53 AM   #108
Lechium
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by mel!ssa
Can i just ask why you think times are better now than they were before?  Haven't you heard all the little old ladies saying (old croaky voice)  'oh, people aren't how they used to be... back in the old days we could sleep in our front yard and leave the door unlocked and everyone knew everyone else, all the neighbours were friends and would look after each other etc...'

Old ladies ALWAYS say that. And leaving yoru doors open, wasnt safe even 100 years ago exept for very few places (by the way there still are plases like that).
It's human nature to concentrate on the nagative aspect of change, and quietly swallow that good changes.

Internet had simplified our lives a lot: need to look ANYTHIGN up -- it's few clicks away. wanna communicate with peopel accorss teh globe? Find/book hotels fast? etc. However you hear a lot of people saying how internet is used to steal stuff, fraud, to corrupt people, etc.

World did change for teh better, because while hunger is still an issue, it is on much smaller scale. Because it's been over 50 years since a massive war, which is a big rarity if you look in the history. Because in many countries you can walk out on the street and say "i'm gay" and not get killed on the spot.

If you compare Europe 200 years ago with Europe now, than I guarantee you you'd choose to live now (unless you could be a way upper class 200 years ago).
Old 07-29-2003, 01:10 AM   #109
alive_in_Jesus
USER INFO »
I think it is the people who are getting worse though...so selfish and self-centered...fame is so important now, people gradifying themselves, and wondering how they can make themselves worthy of something...

I used to struggle with that a lot-who am I? what am I worth? -spent long hours wondering
Old 07-30-2003, 04:24 AM   #110
mel!ssa
USER INFO »
You didn't hear about someone shooting someone else's eye off and getting off scot free, or two lesbians chopping up a transvestite to bits and burying him in different places, or a bunch of guys torturing innocent people before chopping them up and leaving them to rot in barrels, or little kids being chained up and burnt by their parents, or known pedophiles being allowed to live next to primary schools, or guys breaking in to people's houses so he can stare at the naked little girls... you didn't hear about this sort of stuff back then. Society's injustice, and people's selfishness and lack of love has definetely gotten worse.
Old 07-30-2003, 01:42 PM   #111
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
That is so true Melissa
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 07-30-2003, 07:47 PM   #112
Lechium
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by mel!ssa
You didn't hear about someone shooting someone else's eye off and getting off scot free, or two lesbians chopping up a transvestite to bits and burying him in different places, or a bunch of guys torturing innocent people before chopping them up and leaving them to rot in barrels, or little kids being chained up and burnt by their parents, or known pedophiles being allowed to live next to primary schools, or guys breaking in to people's houses so he can stare at the naked little girls... you didn't hear about this sort of stuff back then.  Society's injustice, and people's selfishness and lack of love has definetely gotten worse.

Oh I'm not sayig that these things dont happen. They sure as hell do, and always will.
What I am saying is that these things happen at slower rate than they used to.
Old 07-30-2003, 11:06 PM   #113
mel!ssa
USER INFO »
What makes you think that? That they happen at a slower rate than they used to? Certainly not in my experience, i may not be that old but things weren't this bad even when i was little.
Old 07-30-2003, 11:24 PM   #114
Lechium
USER INFO »
I was (and still am to a lesser degree) into history.
Things that were concidered common, and trivial back in a day are now concidered to be an outrage.
I'm not talking about 10 years ago. I'm talking about 500-1000 years ago.
Old 08-03-2003, 11:25 PM   #115
StrubesGuitar
USER INFO »
the answer is entropy. According to the 2nd law o' thermodynamics, everything is in a state of entropy(disorder).
this entropy also picks up speed,and it has to do with the world in the sense of its populus, people get worse: in actions, in health, in relationships. You may ask for proof or source, but just look around, it's happening so fast u can't stop it, as our country and world has fallen away from God, it becomes worse. Like Fred Durst says, "I know why u wanna hate me, cause hate is all the world has every seen lately."

"What consumes your thoughts controls your life"

BBBBBBBAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSS!
Old 08-15-2003, 08:30 AM   #116
creedfan47a
USER INFO »
Let's not bring Fred Durst into this..... uke: