++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 04-09-2003, 05:50 PM   #31
bgivens33
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: Originally posted by Wadrick
i agree with all that. but god says that nothing even ourselfves can seperate us from the love that is in christ jesus our savior. that love is his free gift of salvation. btw, do you have any scripture that makes you think that we can loos our salvation?

Hebrews 6:4-6

It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age, if they fall away, to be brought back to repentance, because to their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace.

I guess this is open for interpretation, but it seems quite straight forward to me.
Old 04-09-2003, 05:52 PM   #32
Wadrick
USER INFO »
Currently:
yep they still are. but the probability of that person being a christian in the first place are really slim. but it happens. I know people like that. but if they were saved and actually believed in Jesus, then the next day, or down the road became a satan worshiper, they are still saved. but I think that a believer is not going to do that. if he does, then we probably was not a christian at all - he never really believed. but one who really believes and is pursaided (sp??) down the wrong path, then he is still saved, but has only lost his fellowship with god. but that can be gotten back. to do so, that person must recognize that what he is doing is wrong, and repent of his sin. god will welcome him back with arms wide open.

does that make sense? I thknk that you are mixing loosing one's fellowship with god and loosing one's salvation with god. you - noone can loose their salvation. that is all there is to it.

so what are some bible verses that lead you to believe that one can loose his salvation??
Old 04-09-2003, 06:04 PM   #33
bgivens33
USER INFO »
Well, I think that verse is what you are looking for. It says basically...

It is impossible for somebody who has tasted the heavenly gift and falls away to come back to repentence.

This to me isn't talking about fellowship, but I believe it's talking about salvation. And the verse goes to great length to say that this only applies to the people that were TRULY saved.
Old 04-09-2003, 06:08 PM   #34
Wadrick
USER INFO »
Currently:
bgivens33 - very good point. i like it.

but i think that it means loosing one's fellowship with god. if one commits a sin so evil and deprave, satan propbably has a hold on him that he is not going to let go. although, god can command him to let go, if He wants to. but i believe that this is talking about loosing one's fellowship with god by commiting a sin like homosexuality.

you bring upa very good point, and i kow that this is a scripture that many hold to that beieve that you can loose your salvation. but what about al the other scriptures like - john 10:28 - 29 - "and I have given them eternal life, and they shall never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My Fathers hand. My Father who has given them to Me, is geater then all.; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Fathers hand." Jesus is talking to the jews and he says plainly - "...no one will snatch them out of My or My Fathers hand."

And what about Romans 8:38 - 39 - "For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to seperate us from the love which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." I believe that is is saying that you cannot loose our salvtion. God does not love the lost sinners. but he does love the saved. now, if one can loose his fellowship with god, then he is still saved and therefore, still has the love of Christ in him. therefore, I believe that no one can loose their salvation, only their fellowship with god.

does that make sense?
Old 04-09-2003, 06:10 PM   #35
Wadrick
USER INFO »
Currently:
just read my next one.

i think that i have explained it well.
Old 04-09-2003, 07:24 PM   #36
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
I really respect your opinion Wadrick Not everyone is going to agree all the time on everything
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 04-09-2003, 11:16 PM   #37
Wadrick
USER INFO »
Currently:
Thanks. I know that not everyone is going to agree with me. that is part of this "wonderful thing called life" - Prince.

Now, I am going to say somethingn that may make you angry, but please don't take it that way. Please don't be angry. I don't need more enemies on this board.

I do not respect your opinion because I think that it is wrong. However, I thank you for what you said that you respect my opinion. But if you do not believe what I say to be true, but rather idsagree with it, then you don't have to respect it. I kow that the whole "I respect your opinion" is just said out of politness when in reality, we don't respect it at all because we do not believe it to be true.

Now, with all that said, let me say this: I like you. I think that you are great individual, one who thinks and is intelligent. I don't whant this to turn into a war between us, I just want this to be friendly debating. I don't want to get on you bad side. I don't hate you or anything like that. I just believe what I believe.

Now, bgivens33 posted an excellent point. One that I combatted and in my mind disproved his interpretation. However, he may not agree with me and that is fine. But he is the only one who has given me verses to support your (or anyone's) belief that you can loose your salvation. WhatI said in my respnse, I think, covers all that. I believe that that is talking about loosing one's fellowship and not one's salvation .

But please shoot me back some verses that you hold to (that you can loose you salvation), so thatI can understand where you are coming from. I have given you verses, so you should be able to understand me. However, you have only told me what you think, which should definately not be what our presuppositions are based on.

I hope that this makes sesne and that you understand where I am coming from. All of my posts about the war in Iraq and all of that have not been combatted with facts from the other side. they only say stuff like, "You're wrong," or, "Whatever," or anything else that they can think of. I am the only one who has given facts that they are not able to argue justly with. That is what I am saying. Give me facts )verses) that you think prove that you can loose you salvation.

Not to be in - your - face or anything like that, but I just hope that you understand me and will nbot hold a grudge.

Hear from you later.

Wadrick
Old 04-09-2003, 11:22 PM   #38
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Wadrick
<b>Thanks. I know that not everyone is going to agree with me. that is part of this "wonderful thing called life" - Prince.

Now, I am going to say somethingn that may make you angry, but please don't take it that way. Please don't be angry. I don't need more enemies on this board.

I do not respect your opinion because I think that it is wrong. However, I thank you for what you said that you respect my opinion. But if you do not believe what I say to be true, but rather idsagree with it, then you don't have to respect it. I kow that the whole "I respect your opinion" is just said out of politness when in reality, we don't respect it at all because we do not believe it to be true.

Now, with all that said, let me say this: I like you. I think that you are great individual, one who thinks and is intelligent. I don't whant this to turn into a war between us, I just want this to be friendly debating. I don't want to get on you bad side. I don't hate you or anything like that. I just believe what I believe.

Now, bgivens33 posted an excellent point. One that I combatted and in my mind disproved his interpretation. However, he may not agree with me and that is fine. But he is the only one who has given me verses to support your (or anyone's) belief that you can loose your salvation. WhatI said in my respnse, I think, covers all that. I believe that that is talking about loosing one's fellowship and not one's salvation . &nbsp;

But please shoot me back some verses that you hold to (that you can loose you salvation), so thatI can understand where you are coming from. I have given you verses, so you should be able to understand me. However, you have only told me what you think, which should definately not be what our presuppositions are based on.

I hope that this makes sesne and that you understand where I am coming from. All of my posts about the war in Iraq and all of that have not been combatted with facts from the other side. they only say stuff like, "You're wrong," or, "Whatever," or anything else that they can think of. I am the only one who has given facts that they are not able to argue justly with. That is what I am saying. Give me facts )verses) that you think prove that you can loose you salvation. &nbsp;

Not to be in - your - face or anything like that, but I just hope that you understand me and will nbot hold a grudge.

Hear from you later.

Wadrick </b>
Thats fine...you don't have to respect my opinion.
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 04-10-2003, 09:27 AM   #39
Wadrick
USER INFO »
Currently:
cool. but what sre your verses?
Old 08-05-2003, 12:23 AM   #40
RMadd
USER INFO »
I believe that only two things are essential for salvation.
1) Baptism into God's family
2) A firm belief that Christ is my Savior, and that he died in my place for my sins.
Aside from that, I feel that works and good deeds, though integral to a Christian's actions (if he/she truly believes in Christ), are not required for one's salvation or passage into heaven.

Old 08-05-2003, 02:13 AM   #41
souldancer
USER INFO »
"to get to heaven" - I believe it's not about no verses, scriptures or dogma...it's about getting in touch with the inner peace - the Divine and acting on those beliefs.
Old 08-05-2003, 02:15 AM   #42
souldancer
USER INFO »
Sp. basically....I belive - you just need "to be"
Old 08-05-2003, 02:39 PM   #43
bgivens33
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by BearFan
I believe that only two things are essential for salvation. &nbsp;
1) Baptism into God's family
2) A firm belief that Christ is my Savior, and that he died in my place for my sins.
Aside from that, I feel that works and good deeds, though integral to a Christian's actions (if he/she truly believes in Christ), are not required for one's salvation or passage into heaven.

Wouldn't Baptism be a work?
Old 08-05-2003, 06:54 PM   #44
ZION1010
USER INFO »
Anybodey that Shall Call Up On The Lord Thy God Shall Be Saved The point is you Must Belive With All Your Heart N Soul Not To Be Lukewarm If You belive in christ without the love of christ you will go back >.those who our pure of heart mink with Child like Faith Many Our Called But Few Our Chosen The babtism Is For Those Who Seek If you Have Found The Lord Your GOD It Really Is not Asked Of Him To Do So
Old 08-06-2003, 01:18 AM   #45
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by bgivens33
Wouldn't Baptism be a work?

Baptism is not a "work." It's a choice you make (or your parents make for you if you're too young). By "works" I meant more along the lines of helping old ladies cross the street, building houses for Mexicans, working in the Salvation Army Soup Kitchen, stuff like that. "Good deeds" is a better phrase, I suppose.