++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 02-23-2003, 01:11 AM   #16
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: Originally posted by Xterminator27
Lol the intro of never die is extremly easy Marcos, even I can play it, and ive been laye nGuitar for like 6 months,  

Hmm alot of u i dont belive... playen a song dosent mean playen parts at a time people, it means flawlessly Playen the entire thing.  

sorry creeder but i dotn belive that after 8 montsh of guitar u can flawless play the entire songs of SHWM and Whos got my Back

youīre so annoying kid... mind your businness...

so what?

I guess you donīt believe Mark is self-taught either... why creeder canīt play all of that? Once you have talent and are commited to what you like, you can do it.

yep, never die is easy, but I played the guitar for 5 months and had to quit... occasionally I play it, but thatīs not very often... Iīm pretty happy playing just the intro of a few songs...

who are you to donīt believe the others?
Old 02-23-2003, 01:13 AM   #17
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Tremonti_Cobain
For me the classes were very expensive... 110 a month, but I was taking classes with one of the bests in brazil, so it was kind of worth it...

who was your teacher?

you have quite a setlist, I wish I could play half of it...
Old 02-23-2003, 06:06 AM   #18
hotforscott
USER INFO »
110 a month doesn't seem to be bad. I was thinking more then that. How often did you go in a month? Was it once a week, or 2 times. I will have to check into it. I think it would be a lot of fun.

If I do learn to play, I will need a guitar, what kind would you recommend?
Old 02-23-2003, 10:18 PM   #19
Tremonti_Cobain
USER INFO »
My teacher was Mauro Hector, he was the teacher of Thiago ( who used to play in charlie brown jr.) and the guitarist of Cajamanga (don't remenber his name) ... Mauro can play a lot man, I saw 2 of his shows and I was amazed, he made van halen, hendrix, led and others seem so simple and easy...

110 a month, every week, one day per week were the classes... for me it was expensive, I'm a little short on money, and also, our country situtation is a little different
Old 02-23-2003, 11:05 PM   #20
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
he means 110 reais, not 110 dollars!

I used to pay 80/month...one class/week... but my teacher, although he was good, had never heard of creed and used to give me a lot of songs I didnīt like... but he was good at teaching solos!!! I miss that!

110 isnīt that expensive once you have money! ... I guess it would be around 30 dollars...

anyway, I donīt know who he is... and Charlie Brownīs soul is Marcos, heīs one hell of guitar player too.. Thiago didnīt make much difference... IMO, Marcos is the best Brazilian guitar player nowadays
Old 02-23-2003, 11:51 PM   #21
Rune
USER INFO »
i can play the following in their entirety and usually almost perfect:

Torn
Ode
My Own Prison
Pity For A Dime
Unforgiven
Sister
One
What's This Life For? (including intro)
Are You Ready?
What If?
Say I
Beautiful
Wrong Way
Never Die
Higher
With Arms Wide Open
Wash Away Those Years
Inside Us All
Bullets
Freedom Fighter
Signs
One Last Breath
My Sacrifice
Stand Here With Me (can't play entire solo)
Weathered
Don't Stop Dancing
Lullaby
To Whom it May Concern
Is This The End?
Bound and Tied

I have been playing guitar for 9 months. I have an olympia acoustic and Fender Mexican Strat in Midnight blue
Old 02-23-2003, 11:53 PM   #22
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
What the HELL???????......i'm prayin those are the ONLY songs you kno......!!!!

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 02-23-2003, 11:58 PM   #23
Rune
USER INFO »
those are the only ones by creed....

i play a few disturbed songs, some staind songs, stairway to heaven, a few incubus songs, time of your life, there's only so much you can cram into learning in 9 months.

I also write my own songs, i have 5 total so far in 5 months of writing, they all have their own influences. One came from 9/11, one came from my grandmother passing, one came from losing two of my best friends in one year. It's how i deal with all the crap that happens in my life.

Any time i get mad or incredibly depressed, i play guitar. It's my steam valve and probably the only reason i'm happy with how i live. Music is my life, it's the only thing i want to do. It's just not in me to sit behind a desk
Old 02-23-2003, 11:59 PM   #24
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
.....damnit.......im so freakin jealous.....i feel like cussin my ass off........ :P

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 02-24-2003, 12:00 AM   #25
DangerousDan85
USER INFO »
i don't wanna work behind a desk either
And yet I fight
This battle all alone
No one to cry to
No place to call home

Alice in Chains- Nutshell
Old 02-24-2003, 12:02 AM   #26
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
i do, only if it's graphic design or some other kinda art....
i wana be a guitarist....but im afraid that im not as passionate as Rune.,......stupid passionate basterd.....haha....j/k

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 02-24-2003, 12:06 AM   #27
Rune
USER INFO »
music is really the only thing i enjoy truly.

I do well in school, and i want to go to college because there is never any guaruntee's in life, and in all honesty there's no way of knowing how music will do for me, it may work out, it may not, but i always would feel more comfortable if i had an education to fall back on you know?

The kind of music i write isn't like creed, even tho that's my favorite kind. The best comparison i can think off hand is John Mayer, just a little more real life. I like writing songs that people can relate to. When i play in front of people i love seeing how they react. The worst thing i can see when i play is that no one is paying attention, but i like it when an audience can relate to what i'm singing.

I intend on getting a degree in music of some way shape or form, because no matter what, whether it's on my own music or through business, i want to stay involved with music my whole life because it is my biggest passion. No matter what happens to me, it has always been there to make me feel better.

I mean it's always better to take out your anger and frustrations by playing music then it is to hurt people or kill yourself right?
Old 02-24-2003, 12:20 AM   #28
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
I canīt play and sing at the same time...:embarass:
Old 02-24-2003, 12:26 AM   #29
Rune
USER INFO »
it's really not that hard, just don't expect to be able to do it and bust out a solo at the same time

If you want to be able to sing and play at the same time, stick to chords and basic pickings, like out of those songs i said i could play, i can sing barely half at the same time.

i can't sing that half all that well because frankly i don't have the voice for them, but ones like Ode (chorus), My Own Prison, One, and Don't Stop Dancing i can do pretty well i guess.

It's just a matter of timing and practice, if you want a song to try to play and sing at the same time, try My Own Prison, it's just like anything else, if you try at it hard enough you will get it.
Old 02-24-2003, 03:45 PM   #30
Rune
USER INFO »
what can you guys play?