++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Music Matters
Today's Posts «

Old 05-27-2011, 02:19 PM   #1
Rem_FR
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Nuno Bettencourt / Extreme / Dramagods

Hello, here is a topic on a genius musician and his bands and albums.
Just listen to Extreme - Everything Under The Sun for a quick part of his talent.
If you have never heard his music, make sure to listen to "Extreme - III Sides to Every Story" and "Dramagods - Love" albums and tell me what you think about them.

Biography

Nuno Bettencourt (born September 20, 1966) is a Portuguese guitarist and singer-songwriter best known for his role as the lead guitarist of the Boston rock band Extreme whose hits include the acoustic ballads "More Than Words" and "Hole Hearted". The songs reached #1 and #4, respectively, on the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart in 1991.
The band broke up in 1996 when Bettencourt expressed his desire to follow a solo career
In 2007, Extreme reformed with the original line up (with the exception of Paul Geary) to begin work on a new album, Saudades de Rock, released on August 12, 2008, and subsequent tour.

Nuno has recorded a solo project called Schizophonic as well as with bands he founded including Mourning Widows, Population 1, DramaGods, The Satellite Party (headed by Jane's Addiction's former frontman and Lollapalooza co-founder Perry Farrell), and then reunited with Extreme to record new music and tour.

Since 1990, Bettencourt has had his own line of custom guitars designed by Washburn Guitars. His line is known as the N-Series, and is currently promoting the Washburn N4.

Nuno is also currently the lead guitarist for the R&B artist Rihanna for her Last Girl on Earth Tour.

Videos Live
Extreme - Queen Medley @ Freddie Mercury Tribute
Nuno - Midnight Express
Extreme - Hip Today
Extreme - It's a Monster
Extreme - Warheads
Extreme - Decadence Dance
Extreme - Take Us Alive
-------------------------
Nuno - Flight Of The Wounded Bumblebee
Dramagods - Gravity
Dramagods - Get The Funk Out
Dramagods - Exit
Dramagods - More Than Words
Dramagods - QPD

Videos Clip
Dramagods - Something About You VideoClip
Mourning Widows - Sick Punk VideoClip
Nuno - Crave VideoClip
Extreme - More Than Words
Extreme - Hole Hearted
Extreme - Stop The World

Guitar stuff
Decadence Dance
Get The Funk Out

Old 08-10-2011, 01:32 AM   #2
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
Re: Nuno Bettencourt / Extreme / Dramagods

Oh I know Nuno's stuff. Been an Extreme fan from the beginning. Have Dramagods and his solo album. love his solo album! And I am a huge fan of his ex-wife's band, Baby Animals. I have emulated his playing for a long time....hes a decent shredder. Saw extreme a couple of times in Australia. I was front row right in front of Nuno when he first jammed with Suzie before they started going out. I have Paul's drum stick and nuno's guitar pick.

Have you noticed hes doing live stuff with Rhianna? Yep! I can totally get him doing that tho, with his past interest in stuff like Sheila E and whatever hehe.

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 08-24-2011, 02:14 AM   #3
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »
Re: Nuno Bettencourt / Extreme / Dramagods

Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) Oh I know Nuno's stuff. Been an Extreme fan from the beginning. Have Dramagods and his solo album. love his solo album! And I am a huge fan of his ex-wife's band, Baby Animals. I have emulated his playing for a long time....hes a decent shredder. Saw extreme a couple of times in Australia. I was front row right in front of Nuno when he first jammed with Suzie before they started going out. I have Paul's drum stick and nuno's guitar pick.

Have you noticed hes doing live stuff with Rhianna? Yep! I can totally get him doing that tho, with his past interest in stuff like Sheila E and whatever hehe.
Ain,t nothing like the feed back and engery, from the fans Extreme was always great, at that Myles Kenndy, also has kept that marriage between both sides of the Rock World, With real engery of love of the stage, and the engery off , Stage I could see him jump in a sea, a fans if one of his all time favorite bands was playing regardless, I have,nt noticed The Rhianna stuff yet....Busy thanks for the updates......I have,nt heared the Solo album mostly these day Im jamming to what I feel. And its almost Astonshing how lyrics have become almost Prophecy, even in much younger, writers and artist......