++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-11-2004, 07:33 PM   #76
fluttergirl
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
If you'll read the post...Ive said twice now that this isnt directed at you, something i have noticed in general, since the boards came together.
The point was noone says nething if someone doesnt like AB. Period. Not that you bailed, or anything else. I'm sorry you took that from it, it's not what i meant.
I've also said it should go both ways...
My point was, if you dont like them, why bother posting you don't like them, if out of nothing more than respect? If you post that you don't like them, youre just stirring up more crap...
Just like if I were to go around to all the Stapp threads and post comments bout how I don't like relearn love, or stapp or whatever, it would be stirring up crap.
So again, to reiterate
My point is-
If you dont like them, why waste your time at a board for them, stirring up crap?
Please note- "them" could refer to either Stapp or AB....

-Amber

"A person should not believe in an "-ism," he should believe in himself."
-Ferris Bueller
Old 10-11-2004, 07:38 PM   #77
fluttergirl
USER INFO »
Dogstar, you took the words out my mouth, thank you.

-Amber

"A person should not believe in an "-ism," he should believe in himself."
-Ferris Bueller
Old 10-11-2004, 08:50 PM   #78
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Quote: The music and lyrics win over fans if they are quality lyrics and music that are performed well and make people feel.

and dogstar...in order to create QUALITY lyrics and music as well as be able to perform them so we FEEL the lyrics and music...ones personality...the person they are, has to come through...if the creator doesn't put a piece of themselves into their creation...it will come across as flat and lifeless...it may be technically correct in all ways...but without PERSONALITY it does not come to life.
Old 10-11-2004, 09:11 PM   #79
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) and dogstar...in order to create QUALITY lyrics and music as well as be able to perform them so we FEEL the lyrics and music...ones personality...the person they are, has to come through...if the creator doesn't put a piece of themselves into their creation...it will come across as flat and lifeless...it may be technically correct in all ways...but without PERSONALITY it does not come to life.
Well, of course, but emotion was not what was being discussed here. It was the image vs. the music. Maybe personality was a poor word choice.
Old 10-11-2004, 09:18 PM   #80
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Quote: Maybe personality was a poor word choice.

interesting how the use of a single word can clear up the whole thing...isn't it?..."Image" vs. "Personality"...one is reflective...while the other goes for the guts of the matter...

then again...we can also figure that Mark knew well what he was doing by using the "word" he did...only he knows for sure, right?
Old 10-11-2004, 09:20 PM   #81
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) interesting how the use of a single word can clear up the whole thing...isn't it?..."Image" vs. "Personality"...one is reflective...while the other goes for the guts of the matter...

then again...we can also figure that Mark knew well what he was doing by using the "word" he did...only he knows for sure, right?
Please dispense with the word games. You and I both know what he and I meant by that. I'm beginning to think you just like nitpicking and needling people.
Old 10-11-2004, 09:44 PM   #82
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
OMG!!! I can't believe the ammount of Bullshit I'm reading... often posted by the same 2 or 3 people...

If you want to stir shit, you'll get shit...

You're blaming Mark... he blah, he blah, he blah blah blah... so, correct me if I'm wrong, but how many times have you seen Mark drunk on stage??? I don't recall any...

so don't blame Mark alone for this... Stapp screwed up BIG BIG time. Can't you reckon that?

The break-up worked both ways... don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of Stapp too. But he messed up... but what's done is done. It's time to move on. Mark and Flip did. Scott is doing it. but you're still in the past...

Dogstar::: YOU OWN!
Old 10-11-2004, 10:23 PM   #83
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jooji_2) What I wanted to say to them is this.......Tremonti doesn't have that opportunity anymore....He said NO....He ended it....He made that choice, so why did you even have to bring him into the discussion?
Ok, sorry to have to be a bit mysterious here, but I know for a fact that Tremonti isn't the one that didn't show up at the recording studios, Tremonti isn't the only one who wanted to branch out and do his own thing. Tremonti isn't the one who had all the health problems but kept them from the rest of his bandmates. You're so quick to put 100% of the blame on Mark and allow Stapp to skate away cleanly.

Quote: He worked with Myles for less than a year. To say things like Myles has the best voice (or however he put it) does say he thinks he's better than Scott. That's fine if he thinks that ... but he didn't have to tell the whole world that. I understand that business is business, but that type of comment must be hurtful to Scott.
Oh WAH, for Christ sake, God forbid anyone says ANYTHING that may be hurtful to Scott. And dare I say it, there you go reading way too much into things. Mark didn't say "Myles' voice is so much better than Scott's we decided to ditch him and bring in the world's greatest singer". For crying out loud people, PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, stop reading what you want to read into everything that Mark says. Better yet, stop reading Mark's interviews altogether, so you don't see him saying all those derogatory things about the great and powerful Stapp. Good Lord, I am a fan of Stapp but I know he's not the second coming.

And as a side note to Ann Allusion, your word games are just too painful for my eyes.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 10-11-2004, 11:01 PM   #84
TremontiRx
USER INFO »
Quote: I'm beginning to think you just like nitpicking and needling people.

DING DING DING DING DING DING DING

Old 10-11-2004, 11:02 PM   #85
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Right on Terry!

dear Lord... I'm beginning to laugh my ass off here otherwise I'd be crying... I can't belive how fanatic a few people decides to be.

STOP ACTING LIKE YOU'RE THE TALIBAN OF STAPPINISM!!!
Old 10-11-2004, 11:06 PM   #86
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) Right on Terry!

dear Lord... I'm beginning to laugh my ass off here otherwise I'd be crying... I can't belive how fanatic a few people decides to be.

Best
Old 10-11-2004, 11:11 PM   #87
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) Right on Terry!

This is officially the best post I've ever read. Marcos, your pit tickets are in the mail!!

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 10-11-2004, 11:43 PM   #88
musiclover291
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) OMG!!! I can't believe the ammount of Bullshit I'm reading... often posted by the same 2 or 3 people...

If you want to stir shit, you'll get shit...

You're blaming Mark... he blah, he blah, he blah blah blah... so, correct me if I'm wrong, but how many times have you seen Mark drunk on stage??? I don't recall any...

so don't blame Mark alone for this... Stapp screwed up BIG BIG time. Can't you reckon that?

The break-up worked both ways... don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of Stapp too. But he messed up... but what's done is done. It's time to move on. Mark and Flip did. Scott is doing it. but you're still in the past...

Dogstar::: YOU OWN!

Yes Stapp made mistakes. But I think the key word is blame goes both ways. Creed was a group a business and Stapp was having problems maybe he felt the people around him didn't have his back. I think that everybody is to blame for the break up Scott, Mark, Flip, Management and Record Company. I think that one person was not to blame for Creed breakup. The public just saw Stapp mistakes out in public. I wish everyone involved the best of luck in there career. However, I wish that AB and Stapp had keep the dirty laundry out of public view when refering to the break up because it takes fans away from the music and just focus on there dirty laundry and I think that it hurts both sides. AB record sales are not as good as people thought they would be hopefully it will climb the charts soon but this week they are at #95 and I think that if the dirty laundry had been keep out they would be doing better. Stapp may encounter the same problem. I have defended Stapp many times on this board because I feel he is only human and he was going through alot and dealing with alot of demons. But the lyrics he wrote as a member of Creed lets me know that he has a good heart and I think that sometimes you have to screw up big time so you improve yourself to be a better person and I think that this is the case here. As for Mark he lost his mother and I am sure that was hard for him and I think that he is a great person I just wish that he could have been more tactful in some of comments but he is only human to. I just think that AB and Stapp have a big battle to overcome with some not all fans.
Old 10-11-2004, 11:51 PM   #89
creedlvr
USER INFO »
well said musiclover.
Old 10-11-2004, 11:55 PM   #90
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
about myles singing lyrics he didn't write considering it has being already being raised in this thread (which should really be discussed in the AB section i guess). i believe he'll write at least half the lyrics for the next album but he pours his emotion into the lyrics on ODR. "in loving memory" for example i would swear he wrote those lyrics as he channels the emotion from the passing away of his father. stapp's lyrically i think is certainly better although technically he is arguably weaker.

anyhow i would say there are 3 or 4 people in this thread who i take much notice of. those who worship i just do not understand.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie