++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 09-20-2003, 12:58 AM   #1
Jez
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Stills from Abrams plus transcript

Here's a link for those of you that don't go to the pit....

Stills

there are two pages....

He looks healthy and happy.....so great!!

Creed~~Bullets
Old 09-20-2003, 02:54 AM   #2
MrSeeker
USER INFO »
Thanks! : )

Favorite bands,
As I Lay Dying
Demon Hunter
August Burns Red
Becoming The Archetype

Voices are hidden
Giving shame to my name
Am I no better forgiven
If I leave this world the same.
Old 09-20-2003, 06:10 AM   #3
Jez
USER INFO »
Transcript

Sent the video to a friend and she graciously transcripted it for me (she's a much faster typist than I am, lol)

So here it is!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Coming up: Fans take revenge on a rock group after a concert they say was awful! Why? The claim? The members of the band were either drunk or somehow inebriated. We talked to one of the fans earlier this week – now, the lead singer of Creed, Scott Stapp, joins me here in the studio with his side of the story. That’s up next.

(plays clips from DSD, MS)

ABRAMS: The plaintiffs in the case claim that the group’s lead singer was quote ‘either medicated and/or intoxicated’, the suit asked for a full refund of parking and tickets. But the judge threw out the case, saying the judiciary isn’t gonna start evaluating the arts. But the judge left open the possibility that they could refile the case on a different theory.

One person who was watching the show on justice the other night is Scott Stapp, lead singer of the rock band Creed, he joins me now in the studio, thanks a lot for coming in, we appreciate it.

SCOTT: Good to see you again

ABRAMS: Alright, first question we’ve gotta deal with is, That night, were you drunk and/or medicated?

SCOTT: No… c’mon. No.

ABRAMS: Alright. So when this guy says about rolling around on the floor and all that… I wasn’t at the concert. Just tell us about that night.

Creed~~Bullets
Old 09-20-2003, 06:11 AM   #4
Jez
USER INFO »
SCOTT: That was… that moment was a moment in a song called ‘Who’s Got My Back,’ and I typically don’t like to share with the fans – fans of our band know this, we have a lot of symbolism in our music and our performances are more… they have a real theatrical element to them and during a song ‘Who’s Got My Back’ I laid down because of what I was trying to get across to the crowd, which was, I didn’t feel that anyone did, at that moment. It was kind of a low point for me personally. But… that’s stuff I don’t wanna share, y’know. That’s… that’s just an artistic moment, and with the way that this case, had it been heard, it takes away those moments, it takes away the experimentation, the off-the-cuff things that can happen during a concert, and (Abrams beings to interrupt) with any performance.

ABRAMS: And that’s what I think makes this case so ridiculous. I said this the other night when this other guy was on, is are we gonna start getting into the business of saying ‘Oh, did the person have a raspy voice, oh, how many drinks did he have? Oh, wait, I saw him having a glass of wine before the show!’ that’s not… we just can’t start doing that for every concert. Let me just let you listen to a piece of sound from Philip Berenz who was on the show suing you… this is what he talked to… this is what he said about the performance.

Philip Berenz: This is about corporate greed. It’s not about a drunk performer or a bad performance, it’s about doing what’s right.

ABRAMS: Alright, what do you make of that?

SCOTT: (thoughtful) Corporate greed… uh… the only thing that I think would be considered greed in this case is him. Um, and you know, a bad performance-

A (interrupting): Was it a bad performance?

SCOTT: Y’know… I don’t know. Y’know, we do the shows, and some nights I might feel it was bad and Mark’s like, “No, you did a good job” and Mark may feel he had a bad night or Scott… “No, you did a good job.” Y’know I think that it wasn't, probably, in retrospect, y’know, the *best* show we ever had in our lives, but… it was a different show, um… it’s subjective, y’know, some people left feeling like it was the greatest show they’ve seen and I guess these two individuals didn’t agree with that. But it just goes on to a bigger issue and… and… it’s… when are we gonna stop? Y’know, society just seems like everybody’s suing everybody.

Creed~~Bullets
Old 09-20-2003, 06:13 AM   #5
Jez
USER INFO »
ABRAMS: And you know, I have to say, talking to you, you seem really bothered by this lawsuit, I have to say.

SCOTT: I really am, because… we, we get sued all the time. (Abrams: Really) Y’know, someone hurts their leg, someone does this… other times… and in every case, it’s not a suit, it’s a ‘Call our lawyer and let’s bargain because we know that the band’s reputation is *this* and so who cares if it’s true or false, how much is it worth to keep us from throwing this out to the media?’ And because we’re… you know… we don’t care, we philosophically just can’t acquiesce to those threats and so we call their bluff and 99% of the time they go away and this one didn’t. And it just seems as if it’s been a blatant attack on my character and my integrity and (Abrams starts talking over him)

ABRAMS: You talk about reputation, and your character and the guy, Philip Berenz, now says he’s gonna refile this lawsuit-

SCOTT: Well, that’s standard

ABRAMS: -claiming sort of false advertising in the sense that he’s saying you guys promote yourself as a Christian band (Scott: No. No…) and that this really shows him that this is not what you are at all.

SCOTT: Okay, well, that’s been a misconception since day one, we have addressed that a million times, um… I deal in my lyrics with many different things and spirituality is one of the things I dealt with heavily on the first record. And, uh, a lot of people thought, and heard, and believed that we were a Christian band and despite the numerous ‘No, we’re not’ but… hear it how ya want it, uh… that has, we’ve been dubbed that. And, uh, so I think that some people would come to concerts thinking that and they’re not used to those environments because they don’t typically go to rock shows, and they see something unusual or they see something that they don’t normally see and, y’know, it shocks them, y’know… I, uh, had another incident where I was fired up one night and I cursed, and oh, man, people were writing on the email “Oh my gosh, he said a cuss word”

ABRAMS: I know about getting emails. My viewers know… and anything I say… even talk off I get all sorts of email.

SCOTT: I’m just saying… but the whole point is that I would’ve *much* rather had you have me on here tonight talking about all the positive things that are going on. Y’know, all the good things, like the awards you said we won, the nominations we had this year, the great year we had, and the future album that’s coming out next year, and the good things that are happening at the label with all the success they’re having, but this is just… something that… I really, in the beginning, didn’t think it was going to amount to anything. You know what they asked for in the beginning? ‘We just want half ticket prices, to meet the band, and some signed merchandise.’ And as soon as they got some media attention (A interrupts, agreeing)

ABRAMS: Look, this case is going nowhere, I made this prediction before (Scott: Well no, it’s not), when they refile the case it’s gonna get thrown out again (Scott: Well, that’s standard, remember that, it’s standard), yeah, it should, I know that, but it’s gotta get thrown out, and thank you very much for coming on the program (Scott: No problem). Appreciate it, good to see you, y’know, I’m a fan of yours (Scott: I appreciate it) although I have to say, I’m a fan of Dave Matthews, and he wrote into the program complaining about something I said and I had to go after him because I disagreed with him, but I happen to agree with you on this case. Well, alright, thanks for coming (Scott: Well, come to the show). Alright. Coming up...

Creed~~Bullets
Old 09-20-2003, 08:35 AM   #6
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Thanks for posting all of this Jez. He looks so good. Man, I am so glad to see him looking healthier. Thanks again.
Old 09-20-2003, 10:09 AM   #7
SCOTTSMYMAN
USER INFO »
Thanks alot Jez. OMG he looks AWESOME!!!!!! I'm just glad to hear how well they are dealing with all this

"I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl only sleeps with butterflies "
Old 09-20-2003, 11:17 AM   #8
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Thanks so much for posting the pics and the interview, Jez. It's so great to see him again.

Relearn Love
Old 09-20-2003, 11:41 AM   #9
Blaize
USER INFO »
Thanks for all your effort Stace......
Old 09-20-2003, 02:19 PM   #10
Jez
USER INFO »
You're welcome!
Hi Julie! Hi Shelia!

*waves*

Creed~~Bullets
Old 09-20-2003, 04:53 PM   #11
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Hi, Stace!! *waves back* How are ya'?

Relearn Love
Old 09-20-2003, 05:27 PM   #12
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
He looks fat...

anyway, I hope Stapp doesn't drop the spiritual lyrics issues on the next album (note: spiritual, not Christian).
Old 09-20-2003, 05:38 PM   #13
hotforscott
USER INFO »
I think #60 is my favorite. He doesn't look fat, he is smokin' hot!
Old 09-20-2003, 05:42 PM   #14
facelessman
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
thanks for the link
and ive seen more guts on 11 year old kids.
Have another drink and drive yourself home
I hope theres ice on all the roads
and think of me when you forget your seatbelt
and again when your head goes through the windshield.
Seventy Times Seven- Brand new
Old 09-20-2003, 06:33 PM   #15
Jez
USER INFO »
Hey, Sheila....I'm good!

Please email me your aim sn and I will hook you up with the video of this interview!

Creed~~Bullets