++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 01-03-2006, 12:03 AM   #106
evyllsummer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Stapp on Live with Regis and Kelly

Quote: (Originally Posted by Mrprophetman) Julie Andrews had the same surgery and NEVER SANG AGAIN. .

um...research, research, research...

per imdb.com

"Sadly, an operation on her vocal chords left her singing voice badly damaged in 1998, but she has not let even this stop her, giving a show-stopping appearance at the 1999 Tony Awards and appearing in the TV-movie One Special Night (1999) (TV)."

and, looking at the rest of her biography and lengthy body of work, I think that her not singing anymore had LESS to do with the surgery and MORE to do with the fact that she is SEVENTY YEARS OLD...she doesn't NEED to sing anymore...

Quote: Interesting post Braddsn, considering the fact that in many interviews his bandmates stated they had no clue what was going on with Stapp. That they had no idea what he did with his time....claimed to be clueless about prednisone. Yeah.....right.

uh...two things:

First: which interview did MARK (or the other two BANDMATES in question) claim that he didn't KNOW about what was going on? I recall that Stapp might have said that Mark didn't "know" or "care" about Stapp's "condition", but in which interview did Mark say that?

Second: Prednisone...hmmm...so are you still under the impression that it was ONLY prednisone?

Last edited by evyllsummer : 01-03-2006 at 02:33 AM.
Old 01-03-2006, 12:39 AM   #107
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp

[quote=evyllsummer

Prednisone...hmmm...so are you still under the impression that it was ONLY prednisone?[/QUOTE]

Good question!! I cant stand Stapp telling in all interviews that his problem was only prednisone ...
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 01-03-2006, 09:04 PM   #108
Braddsn
USER INFO »

Prednisone was not his only problem. Prednisone led to other problems. When you suddenly stop prednisone without tapering, (ESPECIALLY after using it for much longer than one should), the withdrawals are very serious, and more often than not deadly. Many don't live to talk about it. But those who do, go through living hell. And usually depression>drugs>alchohol comes next. I believe that with the amount of money that was involved with Creed, the "rock doc" did anything he could to keep Stapp on stage. When I tell this story, alot of people respond with "well I would have refused the prednisone and just had the surgery". Well, that is easily said. Because none of us are FRONTING one of the fastest rides to the top in history. I cannot imagine the pressure. I am not saying Scott Stapp has been right in what he has done.. but in the same breath, I understand it.
Old 01-03-2006, 09:13 PM   #109
Braddsn
USER INFO »

Oh and, put yourself in these shoes for just a second. Here is the scenario. You are the lead singer for the hottest rock band on the planet, and the future is getting better literally by the second. Basically, millions upon millions of fans are depending on you to perform almost nightly. Your bandmates are just as excited about it as you are, and they are also 100 percent dependent on you.(dependent meaning, if you can't sing, there is no performance).
Add the pressure of the record company contracts, producers, managers, etc etc. You miss a show, and hundreds of thousands of people are pissed off, and hundreds of thousands of dollars, lost.
You find out you have nodules on your vocal cords, and you can have surgery to fix it.
1. This will put you out of comission for a couple of months. Imagine what will have to be cancelled.
2. THERE IS A 1% CHANCE THAT YOU WILL NEVER SING AGAIN.
Now, I know the chance of Stapp never singing again was much higher than 1%. But suppose it was only 1%. Would you take even that chance?
Ok I rambled again somewhat. Sorry
Old 01-03-2006, 09:29 PM   #110
Mrprophetman
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by evyllsummer) um...research, research, research...

per imdb.com

"Sadly, an operation on her vocal chords left her singing voice badly damaged in 1998, but she has not let even this stop her, giving a show-stopping appearance at the 1999 Tony Awards and appearing in the TV-movie One Special Night (1999) (TV)."

and, looking at the rest of her biography and lengthy body of work, I think that her not singing anymore had LESS to do with the surgery and MORE to do with the fact that she is SEVENTY YEARS OLD...she doesn't NEED to sing anymore...

uh...two things:

First: which interview did MARK (or the other two BANDMATES in question) claim that he didn't KNOW about what was going on? I recall that Stapp might have said that Mark didn't "know" or "care" about Stapp's "condition", but in which interview did Mark say that?

Second: Prednisone...hmmm...so are you still under the impression that it was ONLY prednisone?

But....can she still hit an F sharp above soprano high C? Who says a singer has to stop singing once they reach a certain age....pity she doesn't have that four octave voice anymore.

Here it is.........

The guitarist wasn't really much help in explaining what caused Stapp's uncharacteristic behavior that night, since their strong friendship, on which the band had been built, had deteriorated.

"We didn't really speak too much, so as for what he did on his personal time, we had no idea," Tremonti said. "We just knew that [over time] he would just slowly act a little more distant and do things that we didn't really approve of. So we really don't know what happened in Chicago, except that it was a low point in a long year."

Their very first interview with MTV. I really didn't like them as people after they did that interview.

I don't have an impression about anything....I'm sure that alcohol played a part in the equation. Alot of people drink when they are depressed. That is a side effect of use of the drug prednisone....depression. Being treated by a physician that can no longer practice medicine probably didn't help either. He had Ozzy Osbourne on anti-psychotics. Now Ozzy is a weird guy, but I don't get the idea that he is psychotic. But hey, he kept Ozzy singing, so why not let him pump Stapp full of crap to keep him going too. Good thing Ozzy sued, or the guy would still be practicing medicine. I've had family members who had to take prednisone. What it does to a person's personality isn't pretty. And they weren't on it for months on end. Stapp is lucky he didn't die.
Old 01-03-2006, 10:38 PM   #111
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp

Quote: (Originally Posted by Braddsn) Oh and, put yourself in these shoes for just a second. Here is the scenario. You are the lead singer for the hottest rock band on the planet, and the future is getting better literally by the second. Basically, millions upon millions of fans are depending on you to perform almost nightly. Your bandmates are just as excited about it as you are, and they are also 100 percent dependent on you.(dependent meaning, if you can't sing, there is no performance).
Add the pressure of the record company contracts, producers, managers, etc etc. You miss a show, and hundreds of thousands of people are pissed off, and hundreds of thousands of dollars, lost.
You find out you have nodules on your vocal cords, and you can have surgery to fix it.
1. This will put you out of comission for a couple of months. Imagine what will have to be cancelled.
2. THERE IS A 1% CHANCE THAT YOU WILL NEVER SING AGAIN.
Now, I know the chance of Stapp never singing again was much higher than 1%. But suppose it was only 1%. Would you take even that chance?
Ok I rambled again somewhat. Sorry

I can easily understand what you re saying, it really makes sense...and I have to admitt that I used to think the same about Stapp's problem, ya know?
Right here on CreedFeed I had some arguments with certain members and I defended Scott from waht I thought was an absurd...but now, after know about his recent attitudes and also reading some interviews i think its so hard to believe that his 'problem ' was only prednisone... blaming the doc, the WU, or even his bandmates...maybe im wrong...but i honestly cant see myself defending Stapp in this case.

Of course , I still love his music and his voice.
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 01-07-2006, 07:07 PM   #112
Braddsn
USER INFO »

Ana, I know what you are saying. And, I must agree somewhat. For some reason, Stapp keeps acting like an ass in public. He MUST know what it is doing to his reputation. I am not arguing that he needs an attitude adjustment. I only wrote what I did because some people don't know whats behind him doing some of the things he has done, and only see the bad side. I think Stapp has a god given gift, to sing and entertain. I like his music and his style. But SADLY I think his time as a star is up. I bought his Great Divide CD, and I do like it. But it will not be played like my Creed cd's will. I am sure like everyone else, I think it would be awesome if they [creed] forgot about the past and started over. Who knows, we may get lucky someday.
Old 01-07-2006, 07:21 PM   #113
evyllsummer
USER INFO »

Quote: But....can she still hit an F sharp above soprano high C? Who says a singer has to stop singing once they reach a certain age....pity she doesn't have that four octave voice anymore.

the point is: you put in big red bold letters "never sang again", and you were wrong...

Quote: considering the fact that in many interviews his bandmates stated they had no clue what was going on with Stapp. That they had no idea what he did with his time....claimed to be clueless about prednisone. Yeah.....right.

Quote: "We didn't really speak too much, so as for what he did on his personal time, we had no idea," Tremonti said. "We just knew that [over time] he would just slowly act a little more distant and do things that we didn't really approve of. So we really don't know what happened in Chicago, except that it was a low point in a long year."

good find, by the way...

Quote: I don't have an impression about anything....I'm sure that alcohol played a part in the equation. Alot of people drink when they are depressed. That is a side effect of use of the drug prednisone....depression. Being treated by a physician that can no longer practice medicine probably didn't help either. He had Ozzy Osbourne on anti-psychotics. Now Ozzy is a weird guy, but I don't get the idea that he is psychotic. But hey, he kept Ozzy singing, so why not let him pump Stapp full of crap to keep him going too. Good thing Ozzy sued, or the guy would still be practicing medicine. I've had family members who had to take prednisone. What it does to a person's personality isn't pretty. And they weren't on it for months on end. Stapp is lucky he didn't die.

I guess I was being too subtle...I'll rephrase my question:

Do you believe that prednisone and alcohol are the ONLY drug influences causing his behavior?

Even assuming that there WERE no other drugs involved, am I to understand that it's MARK's fault that Stapp didn't do anything to help himself? Mark also made it pretty clear that Stapp had taken great steps to isolate himself from the rest of the band (which, if you read Stapp's first post-Creed interview with MTV, he even says that as well), so how is THAT Mark's fault? But, let's go somewhere else for a second...you said "yeah...right" (I'm assuming an exercise in sarcasm) when referring to Mark's supposed ignorance of Stapp's off-stage antics, meaning that you must think that Mark isn't telling the entire truth, and I think you're right about that. I think that Mark knew that Stapp was abusing drugs OTHER than "prednisone" and didn't want that to get out. So, would that have been Mark's fault as well? If so, what part of it? The drug abuse? Not putting him in rehab? (Or has he been in rehab before?)

Last edited by evyllsummer : 01-08-2006 at 01:40 AM.
Old 01-07-2006, 09:49 PM   #114
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Braddsn) Ana, I know what you are saying. And, I must agree somewhat. For some reason, Stapp keeps acting like an ass in public. He MUST know what it is doing to his reputation. I am not arguing that he needs an attitude adjustment. I only wrote what I did because some people don't know whats behind him doing some of the things he has done, and only see the bad side. I think Stapp has a god given gift, to sing and entertain. I like his music and his style. But SADLY I think his time as a star is up. I bought his Great Divide CD, and I do like it. But it will not be played like my Creed cd's will. I am sure like everyone else, I think it would be awesome if they [creed] forgot about the past and started over. Who knows, we may get lucky someday.

So you dont like Alter Bridge, right?
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 01-09-2006, 11:56 PM   #115
Braddsn
USER INFO »

I own One Day Remains, and I think Alter Bridge rocks. And I think the song "Down to my Last" needs more recognition!! I am impressed with the musicianship, and especially the vocals on the album. I give it a 10!
Also, if you want my opinion, regardless of what Stapp or Tremonti says, Creed will reunite someday. Mark my words. Alter Bridge is great, and the Stapp stuff is great too. But neither of them will come close to Creed. One day, I think they are going to be hungry for that again.