++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-08-2009, 11:29 PM   #46
Icedmofo
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Christian Review of Overcome

Deleted by User

Last edited by Icedmofo : 10-19-2009 at 11:27 AM.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:40 AM   #47
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by eusebioCBR) I wanted to hear from NAGPO exactly what his problem is with Christianity. Instead I have to read pshycobable text from know it alls defending him. I am a Christian and I found his remark about the Christian community offensive and your arguments to defend him anoying.
I won't shut up because you say so.
I have a genetic disease that is potentially life threatening. I have to take pills for it everyday just so I dont die. When comedians or just everyday people make fun of this disease, yes I am offended. But I do not expect an apology nor an explanation.

I just accept what happened and move on. I find peace within myself.

In retrospect, I do not care if I offended you. I never meant to offend you or any christians for that matter in the first place. I did not single you out and make fun of you for being christian. I will not apologize for something YOU took away from my post. It was not a direct attack, it was never meant to be harmful.

I am also not going to feed you're trolling by telling you my own personal beliefs and how I view religion(s). This has turned into a ridiculous discussion that merits no more responses. However, if you are so bent out of shape about what you think I said, you can talk to me about it via PM. If you must. I most likely will not reply to you, but I will not reply to you in this thread either. I have no hatred toward any religion. That's it. I'm done. I suggest you find peace within yourself.

Last edited by nagpo : 10-09-2009 at 12:58 AM.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:54 AM   #48
in reality
USER INFO »

Well the christian music community or whatever you want to call it, isn't worried about Creed either. That's the thing that is missed in all this. And it is too bad, cause for some reason, I like the way they do reviews. It would be good to see more of them, as most reviews in major publications, like for instance, USA Today, are biased against any rock music seen as spiritual. I remember their review for Weathered. RS is the same way, though most are not as negative as they once were. I'm grateful for that anyway.
Old 10-09-2009, 01:27 AM   #49
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) I have a genetic disease that is potentially life threatening. I have to take pills for it everyday just so I dont die. When comedians or just everyday people make fun of this disease, yes I am offended. But I do not expect an apology nor an explanation.

I just accept what happened and move on. I find peace within myself.

In retrospect, I do not care if I offended you. I never meant to offend you or any christians for that matter in the first place. I did not single you out and make fun of you for being christian. I will not apologize for something YOU took away from my post. It was not a direct attack, it was never meant to be harmful.

I am also not going to feed you're trolling by telling you my own personal beliefs and how I view religion(s). This has turned into a ridiculous discussion that merits no more responses. However, if you are so bent out of shape about what you think I said, you can talk to me about it via PM. If you must. I most likely will not reply to you, but I will not reply to you in this thread either. I have no hatred toward any religion. That's it. I'm done. I suggest you find peace within yourself.

This isn't the first time I've challenged your point of view but I did forget you can only take so much. I suggest you look for a stronger backbone for yourself.

-Homer Simpson

Old 10-09-2009, 10:41 AM   #50
Icedmofo
USER INFO »

Deleted by User.

Last edited by Icedmofo : 10-19-2009 at 11:27 AM.
Old 10-09-2009, 11:34 AM   #51
shunammite
USER INFO »

Quote: This thread needs to be closed, it's been completely derailed into a mudslinging match.

Ah, if only you could have seen "Faith Forum" at Creednet in its heyday. COMPLETELY UNMODERATED and EVERY KIND OF "FAITH" YOU CAN IMAGINE walking in there with their dukes up. I LOVED IT. Because for once in my life I could speak directly from my heart with others who were doing the same. Man did we quote the bible at each other back and forth. And then the expletives. (Not me, I'm a "lady". )

However, that kind of free wheeling communication does turn very nasty, with lots of collateral damage - and I'm not sure it's a good thing to allow. I'm just glad I was able to go through it. I was able to work things out in my own mind there, from trying to make others see what I saw.

I see we have a faith forum here - I have not investigated it - there is one at PBF too - mostly sharing praise and prayer requests, no one making any assertions and/or raising any objections. But that is the highest kind of faith you know - Abraham challenged God Himself, "shall not the judge of all the earth do RIGHT?" The more sure a person is of what he stands for, the less likely he is to be offended or offensive.

I don't think Creed has deliberately calculated a kind of art that speaks to everyone in his own language - but actually I think every good piece of art does that. I think the artists like each other, generally - but their fans despise each other, as each has heard that art in his own language and can't listen to any other. Just remembering that Ozzie said he liked Creed - most of his fans would mock them.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:03 PM   #52
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Icedmofo) This thread needs to be closed, it's been completely derailed into a mudslinging match.

And it's clear Eusebio isn't even reading what any of the posts say before he responds to them, it's like trying to have a rational discussion with a brick wall.

It's really entertaining for a few tries, but then you realize the wall will never understand or listen to what you're saying lol.

Anyway, i think we've covered the topic originally broached, no need to let the trolling continue.

I suppose agreeing with nagpo and all of you trying to correct me will win your approval.
Maybe this thread should be moved to political banter or faith and religion where people won't have to play nice.

-Homer Simpson

Old 10-18-2009, 08:05 PM   #53
rebsgirl
USER INFO »

Last edited by rebsgirl : 10-19-2009 at 07:47 PM.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:18 PM   #54
rebsgirl
USER INFO »

Last edited by rebsgirl : 10-19-2009 at 07:57 PM.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:27 PM   #55
Icedmofo
USER INFO »

Deleted by User.

Last edited by Icedmofo : 10-19-2009 at 11:26 AM.
Old 10-19-2009, 02:03 AM   #56
creediscool17
Banned
USER INFO »

jesus fucking christ.
Old 10-19-2009, 02:04 AM   #57
creediscool17
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by rebsgirl) I don't know which is more pathetic, Icedmofo, me for taking the damn time to read your post, or you for taking the time to write the damn thing

LOL true.. he is in fact a ruh-tard

get used to that in creed forums... a lot of their fans care more about the band than themselves, which makes for some really messed up forum chat.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:06 AM   #58
Icedmofo
USER INFO »

Please just lock this thread and let it die like it almost did.

Last edited by Icedmofo : 10-19-2009 at 10:31 AM.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:58 AM   #59
BSC
USER INFO »

This site is quickly taking a turn for the worst, all because of one member...
Old 10-19-2009, 11:35 AM   #60
Icedmofo
USER INFO »

I deleted all my posts, not worth forming an intelligent opinion when people are creating accounts to make hit and run insult posts without making any sort of argument as to why or any attempt at maturity or intelligence.

It's like trying to have a conversation with a bunch of 5 year olds. No one actually reads what anyone else posts, they make baseless claims, then throw a temper tantrum when you actually make a legitimate point that proves them wrong.

Then comes the namecalling. So far i've attained pathetic and retarded, let's see how far it goes.