++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-13-2005, 08:32 PM   #16
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) Give me a break... Alter Bridge plays Creed-like tunes also. "Down To My Last," "Broken Wings," "Shed My Skin," and "Open Your Eyes." They have Creed written all over it.

It has post grunge alternative, or modern rock, or whatever you want to call it, written all over it. Creed didn't start it.

But granted, AB is not very unique. Their difference is in FTR Metalingus and ODR. Plus Myles' ridiculous vocals.

Anyway Stapp is everything I thought he was.

And I don't know... I can't support a total jerk by buying his music, etc. But that is just me.
Old 10-13-2005, 08:38 PM   #17
titan9
USER INFO »
Hmm, I just listened to the song(finally found out it was actually on the radio station's web site) and the sound quality is extremely poor, so I think it is difficult to judge the song as a whole. I liked the lyrics, and I thought it was good to hear Stapp go a bit higher with his vocals toward the end of the song. Overall, his vocals sounded strong, which is very promising. Hopefully they hold up once he starts touring. However, I'm going to wait until I get a hold of an album quality version of the song before I actually judge it. But initially, I think it is good, a good bit better than the Great Divide.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 10-13-2005, 11:35 PM   #18
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
are you kidding me?

He sounds horrible... the tone is still there, but range and control are really bad. I'm not considering it worth of critic coz I've been told he was sick that day.
Old 10-14-2005, 12:03 AM   #19
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Hmm, I just listened to the song(finally found out it was actually on the radio station's web site) and the sound quality is extremely poor, so I think it is difficult to judge the song as a whole. I liked the lyrics, and I thought it was good to hear Stapp go a bit higher with his vocals toward the end of the song. Overall, his vocals sounded strong, which is very promising. Hopefully they hold up once he starts touring. However, I'm going to wait until I get a hold of an album quality version of the song before I actually judge it. But initially, I think it is good, a good bit better than the Great Divide.

Same here, even though his voice is terrible and the sound quality is extremely poor. But backing to the song...its sounds good and lyrics are superior to GD...but its not a difficult thing ...
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 10-14-2005, 02:16 AM   #20
Creed7352
USER INFO »
Quote: Give me a break... Alter Bridge plays Creed-like tunes also. "Down To My Last," "Broken Wings," "Shed My Skin," and "Open Your Eyes." They have Creed written all over it.

broken wings doesn't sound like creed, but i'll give you the other 3....i don't think the next album is going to be like creed very much. with myles collaborating it'll be sweet!
Old 10-14-2005, 04:03 AM   #21
INDIGOSTEVE
USER INFO »
[quote=Bridge of Clay]are you kidding me?

He sounds horrible... the tone is still there, but range and control are really bad. I'm not considering it worth of critic coz I've been told he was sick that day.[/QUO
you are right because the st louis show sounded great his voice the day wasn't good at all
Old 10-14-2005, 07:52 AM   #22
titan9
USER INFO »
It's early, but I'll attempt to reply to this. When I said that his vocals sounded strong, I was accounting for the incredibly poor sound quality and the fact that he was supposedly sick that day. I didn't think he had "no control or range", but of course that is your opinion, and I'm not going to change mine, lol.

I think people here are overreacting way too quickly to Stapp's new stuff, particularly those who do not like Stapp. Everything that is coming out so far(and that is only TWO songs[one is not even album quality] and a video), they are quick to come in here and say how much it sucks. They've got their opinion, and a lot of people have been respectful of it, yet they themselves have not been that respectful towards those Stapp fans who do enjoy it. It seems like those Stapp fans who dislike AB have been respectful, for the most part, and have not posted their disdain for AB in the AB forum(they have done so here, though), whereas I'm seeing quite a few anti-Stapp people in here, posting their disdain for him. Granted, no one is perfect on either side, but if we want to have less arguments/fights around here, we need to think hard before we make a post. Many times I have seen something on here that infuriates me, yet I have restrained myself a lot and not posted a heated message in response. Other members have done the same as I have, I am sure.

I guess I'm just tired of the fights, the ridiculing and whatnot. I'd like to see less negativeness, less fights around here.

/End rant

Old 10-14-2005, 08:38 AM   #23
Trimontana
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) are you kidding me?

He sounds horrible... the tone is still there, but range and control are really bad. I'm not considering it worth of critic coz I've been told he was sick that day.

He was sick cause the nite before he was drinking till late. I am not inventing this...the dj's said so in the interview. Yeah sick, i think thats no way to look after his voice if he is thinking in starting touring.
Old 10-14-2005, 08:44 AM   #24
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) It's early, but I'll attempt to reply to this. When I said that his vocals sounded strong, I was accounting for the incredibly poor sound quality and the fact that he was supposedly sick that day. I didn't think he had "no control or range", but of course that is your opinion, and I'm not going to change mine, lol.

Listen to it more than once and you'll notice how many times his voice cracks... That was my first impression, but when I listened to it more times, I noticed the failures.

Quote: I think people here are overreacting way too quickly to Stapp's new stuff, particularly those who do not like Stapp. Everything that is coming out so far(and that is only TWO songs[one is not even album quality] and a video), they are quick to come in here and say how much it sucks. They've got their opinion, and a lot of people have been respectful of it, yet they themselves have not been that respectful towards those Stapp fans who do enjoy it. It seems like those Stapp fans who dislike AB have been respectful, for the most part, and have not posted their disdain for AB in the AB forum(they have done so here, though), whereas I'm seeing quite a few anti-Stapp people in here, posting their disdain for him. Granted, no one is perfect on either side, but if we want to have less arguments/fights around here, we need to think hard before we make a post. Many times I have seen something on here that infuriates me, yet I have restrained myself a lot and not posted a heated message in response. Other members have done the same as I have, I am sure.

in what world? The only minority here is the side who still cares for both side. The Stapp field is ready to diss AB (Another Band, Alter Boys, etc) anytime. And the AB fans are ready to get back at them.

Let's admit... Stapp isn't helping his image much after the latest interviews.

And seriously, I still like Stapp but his recent stories are contradicted by himself... one day Mark is an asshole and on the other he prays for him, back to hating him, back to forgiving him...
Old 10-14-2005, 09:47 AM   #25
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: I guess I'm just tired of the fights, the ridiculing and whatnot. I'd like to see less negativeness, less fights around here.

I live for the fights, ridiculous and whatnot... lol

Anyway, Titan are you sick? I think you just claimed Stapp crazy's have been respectful of AB...

Umm, on WHAT planet do you live?
Old 10-14-2005, 11:09 AM   #26
metalanus
USER INFO »
just because his voice was not perfect live doesn't mean it wont be perfect on the albulm. Ever heard is this the end acoustic he gets terribly off key at one point yet the albulm version is one of their strongest songs
Old 10-14-2005, 11:10 AM   #27
metalanus
USER INFO »
i like both stapp and AleterBridge so I guess im the minority
Old 10-14-2005, 11:21 AM   #28
titan9
USER INFO »
Ya'll misinterpretted what I said. I guess that's what I get for posting a message around 7:30-8ish, before I've had breakfast or any kind of thing to wake me up. What I meant was that, for the most part, Stapp fans have not stormed into the AB forum(save for a few extremists) and brought their negativeness to that forum. Whereas those who clearly do not like Stapp(I'm not going to name names, because I do not intend to start a fight) come over to the Stapp forum and post their negativeness and criticism on here. See what I'm saying? I'm not denying that anti-AB fans have posted in this forum, because they have, but I'm saying that some of them have decided not to bring that negativeness to the AB forum itself. It's different for the Stapp forum, as there are some bonafied Stapp haters who come in here and spew nothing but negativity concerning Stapp. I'm all for constructive criticism when it comes to an artist or band, but I hate it when bonafied haters come into that artist's forum and are only there to bash the artist and thus start fights with those who happen to like the artist. I'm talking about the haters who come into this forum and say "blah blah blah, Stapp sucks, I can't believe you actually like his new video, because it sucks, what are you smoking thinking that it is good?" This is where all of the fights happen, this is what causes it, on BOTH sides.

Example: I hate Usher. However, I do not go into an Usher forum and bash the guy, because I know exactly what'll happen: I'll get into a fight with someone who really likes his music, and nothing good will come out of it. You have the freedom to go into any forum you like, regardless of if you like the artist or not. But if you want to avoid a fight, think before you make a post that does nothing but bash the artist in that artist's forum. THAT was my point, and I guess I did not type it clearly.

As for listening to the song again, quite honestly, I have not had the time to carefully listen to it again and critique his voice. I based my opinion off of a first-time listen, and maybe if I listen to it again, maybe my opinion will change, but for now, my opinion stands.

Old 10-14-2005, 11:24 AM   #29
titan9
USER INFO »
I'd like to add to all of this that I am an equal fan of both, and I'll defend both when I see fit. If anti-AB fans were coming into the AB forum and bashing the band a lot, I'd defend the heck out of AB as well.

Also, I am not defending what Stapp has said in the interviews. I've even admitted in other threads(maybe it was even earlier in this one) that what he he has said in, say, the Columbus interview contradicts what he later said in the Cleveland interview. I am simply defending the MUSIC, not the guy himself.

Last edited by titan9 : 10-14-2005 at 11:26 AM.
Old 10-14-2005, 11:26 AM   #30
Trimontana
USER INFO »
Quote: Example: I hate Usher. However, I do not go into an Usher forum and bash the guy, because I know exactly what'll happen: I'll get into a fight with someone who really likes his music, and nothing good will come out of it. You have the freedom to go into any forum you like, regardless of if you like the artist or not. But if you want to avoid a fight, think before you make a post that does nothing but bash the artist in that artist's forum. THAT was my point, and I guess I did not type it clearly.

Titan, i know what you are trying to say but this is completly different. Stapp and AB were together in a band. Is not like we, AB fans, cant ignore all the lying and bullshit Stapp says about Tremo, Flip and Brian and about their no existing frienship and stuff in Creed. And vicerversa with Stappy fans.
I really care about Stappy says, not cause i admre him or i am a fans, cause what he says is just lie after lie.