++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 06-14-2003, 09:55 PM   #31
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Okay! here´s what I got so far:

3 basic elements on the crest: Sun Burst, Eye, and One.
To think of it keeping 4 in mind. Only 20% of its meaning is spiritual.

If you stare a it, you may also see a cross and 2 hearts.

The eye means: divine guidance

Another thing James said is: The truth of it there´s a right way to live.

Think back to the meaning of HC cover...

Good! :P

Life is like a crossroad. Each path means a choice you do, and you deal with the consequences of choosing this path, or, you´re formed by the decisions you take. But God is always looking back for us, once your heart is synch with His, making you one in purpose, according to him. And with His help and the strenght He gives us, you´ll find the right way to live!
Old 06-14-2003, 09:59 PM   #32
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
I read a couple mroe pages.

Here´s something that Palomides said, and it´s kinda related to what I thought:
I have the crest on a necklace, got it at the last concert, and I was looking at it in my car a few days ago, and something sort of clicked from a web page someone linked to back during the quest. I was reading a page that was talking about Christ being the lens through which God views the world, and that the purity of Christ and his sacrifice for humanity. When you look at the crest sideways, the eye is clearly there, as is a cross, and we know that the overall design is a sunburst. The world is unified by the sacrifice made for all of humanity. Thus a possible interpretation of living within the light of Christ and finding redemption in God's eyes through the radience of Christ's purity. Just some stuff I've been mulling over in my head and felt like sharing.
Old 06-14-2003, 10:04 PM   #33
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Back in the Quest the seeker was shocked that the crest turned evil in the hands of evil.
Old 06-14-2003, 10:26 PM   #34
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Some info on the Tremonti Crest (Swirl). Much easier to find its meaning!

The spiral symbolizes the continuity of life and spiritual growth. It is the constant flow of nature's processes moving outward then back inward as Heaven and Earth are joined. The tri-sceal (or three stories) represents the nature, human and divine aspects of life.
As for Native Americans, its meaning is homecoming, returns, and tribal migration. Or land, sea and sky...
It could also stands for fertility and prosperty.
Old 06-14-2003, 11:04 PM   #35
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by N30°14'?.7 W84°
did you ever think about the crest like this:
http://www.knology.net/~xena/BBfiles/sideCrest.jpg  

???

i have....but i took it a step further...i put that crest...and the normal crest together....if you have a Yahoo ID check this out...if u dont...i dont think it'll work...Red Crest

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 06-14-2003, 11:15 PM   #36
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
yeah, the answer is when you look at the crest sideways. But it has to be the buckle crest.

One more thing to add tonight, I read over 60 pages on bandrags. Now I have 400+ to go...

James said this person is really close. What she said is almost what I said above:

Quote: -Suzan D (CreedMom02)
Some more thoughts on the Crest...and in more simpler terms..not trying to get too deep...  

Is the Crest a REFLECTION of a COMBINATION OF MEANINGS...as i have come to look at it, it quite possibly holds no ONE MEANING, nor ONE ORIGION...therefore...nailing down the TRUE meaning will only be what each seeker chooses to accept as their OWN TRUTH...  

With that said...there are many things i have begun to notice...only a couple of them i will mention here.  

The representation of FOUR:  
quite a few feel that it is the 4 members of Creed. Others are looking at the 4 corners reigion of the country...and some have made lists of how the number 4 relates to many things...  

What if the #4 related to the directions North, South, East, West..and the Crest could be compared to a COMPASS...a COMPASS shows the way...gives direction...much the same as Creeds music does to many..and at the same time...the CHOICE of direction is up to each of us...we choose the path we follow, all a compass can do is SUGGEST a path of travel.  

In Gnosticism there is also a reference made to THE FOUR PILLARS:  

SCIENCE, PHILOSOPHY, ART, RELIGION...all of which we find in our lives in many forms...could this too be a form of the #4?  

Something else to think about is that the #4 also represents balance...support...and is divisiable by 2...if we "reflect" on the #2...we can see that 2+2=4, or 2 reflected upon itself...=4...  

A comment about the EYE in the center of the Crest...  
Those seeking have incorporated the idea of the SUN into the Crest...it is logical to look at it as a SUN BURST or a representative thereof...with that i too see the compairison...the EYE in the center the all seeing eye of GOD...but again...each of us carries our own sun within...as each of us was made in the image of the One Creator...possibly the EYE could be a reference to intuition...or because it is enclosed in the center of the Crest...possibly a reference to SEEING WITH ONES HEART?  

These are just a couple of my latest observations...and as i stated earlier on in this thread...it is possible that the Crest will have IT'S OWN MEANING to each of us...  

and that´s all for tonight folks! I´m so tired right now...
Old 06-14-2003, 11:17 PM   #37
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
I have all the info from the creedquest site (myowncreedprison if I remember correctly) but the site has been down for a while. There seems to be so many parallels between things associated with Creed, if they have anything to do with the mystery... I heard the thing of the crest and the creed mystery were intertwined, and that Mark spilled the beans on some interview once. Any truth behind that?

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Old 06-14-2003, 11:19 PM   #38
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Oh yeah. And when you find the answer (not if but when ), start a new thread and tell us the answer!

H-D

Old 06-14-2003, 11:43 PM   #39
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Higher_Desire
I have all the info from the creedquest site (myowncreedprison if I remember correctly) but the site has been down for a while. There seems to be so many parallels between things associated with Creed, if they have anything to do with the mystery... I heard the thing of the crest and the creed mystery were intertwined, and that Mark spilled the beans on some interview once. Any truth behind that?

H-D

Mark said they´d take the secret to their graves...

I know the site is down, would you happen to have the pics? If you, please send me. Ben and Andrew left only the texts...

oh, I´ll find out! But I won´t spread it! But, ala James, I´ll help people by telling them if they´re on the right way or not!
Old 06-15-2003, 01:17 AM   #40
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Mark said they´d take the secret to their graves...

I know the site is down, would you happen to have the pics? If you, please send me. Ben and Andrew left only the texts...

oh, I´ll find out! But I won´t spread it! But, ala James, I´ll help people by telling them if they´re on the right way or not!

I thought the "secret they would take to their graves" was what is being said behind the lyrics of Ode...

I may have the pics. I think I saved a copy of all that stuff to my comp, and I should still have it. If you want them, I'll trade you pics for meaning. How does that sound? Maybe I'll be able to do something else as well.

H-D

Old 06-15-2003, 12:20 PM   #41
JenRN
USER INFO »
Boy I am REALLY interested in finding out the real meaning behind it! It is really a cool looking crest even if you don't like Creed. Of course it is a bonus for me becasue I love them and the crest is incredible to me. I will get this tattoo someday, not sure where or when but I will. Like they say you really must believe in something or feel very strong about it to get it tattoo'd on your body!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 06-15-2003, 06:17 PM   #42
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Higher_Desire
<b>I thought the "secret they would take to their graves" was what is being said behind the lyrics of Ode...

I may have the pics. I think I saved a copy of all that stuff to my comp, and I should still have it. If you want them, I'll trade you pics for meaning. How does that sound? Maybe I'll be able to do something else as well.

H-D</b>

Right! the ode background!

Anyway, everything I know about the crest I already shared with you. So that sounds good to me! I´m waiting for the pics!
Old 06-15-2003, 08:32 PM   #43
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
this might help us later:

ok, the number four permeates Navajo philosophy, the 4 directions,first 4 clans,and the 4 colors associated with the 4 sacred mountains.
The 4 directions guide daily activities,sequence goals,and produce a path of harmony.They are applied to an individual's teachings and learning as well as to his or her own way of living.
The directions are sequenced as East,South,West, and North.The directions can be described as representing knowledge,self-discipline,social awareness,and respect.
East:is the direction of the dawn and represents thinking and knowledge.
South:is the planning direction,where one plans what one is going to do.Planning takes discipline.
West:is where one does his or her living,and living involves the social patterns or habits.
North:is the evaluation portion of ones life,a DIRECTION of REFLECTION.Representing maturity,it can also allude to respect.
The 4 directions are an integral part of Native American cultures as well as Navajo,and there are a variety of resources concerning this subject.So choose wisely.
In a way the Sunburst is a circle with a cross,the universal symbol originated with southeastern and southwestern tribes.Each segment can be indentified by ones own physical and spiritual significance.
I hope this helps somewhat !
JamesL.S
Old 06-15-2003, 10:26 PM   #44
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Right! the ode background! &nbsp;

Anyway, everything I know about the crest I already shared with you. So that sounds good to me! I´m waiting for the pics!

How about half now, (when I find them) then half when you find the total meaning?

H-D

Old 06-16-2003, 12:02 AM   #45
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
If I tell you what´s behind Ode, would you give them all?

Ok, I have a feeling you don´t have those pics! :lol:
Serioulsly, everything I know, I posted here. I asked people to help me...

if you send me the pics, that will be of great help so I can direct my research to something, coz so far...I´m clue less.

This seems to be a important deal: On the Bullets video, why does Stapp throw the crest up to the sun?