++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 04-23-2003, 11:54 PM   #121
crisstee
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I did say earlier that I do not think they should be sued. I agree with that totally. I was here reading in late december and January and you are right there were a lot of people spouting off who didnt hang around and have anything nice to say. Invisible kid was here for the first time today and he should be abel to express his opinions without being told to get off the site.. I really think he likes Creed and is just upset and that should be ok.
Old 04-23-2003, 11:58 PM   #122
Chris98GT
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by crisstee
Invisible kid was here for the first time today and he should be abel to express his opinions without being told to get off the site.. I really think he likes Creed and is just upset and that should be ok.
Yes, I just found this place today and I do really like Creed... that's why I was so disappointed. I still like them, still listen to their music, heck I'd probably even go to another show. I just think the lawsuit is justified. Anyone who wants their money back SHOULD get their money back, it's that simple.
Old 04-24-2003, 12:01 AM   #123
Said Eyes
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by JulieLovesCreed
Sorry, but true fans stick up for their band

I kinda disagree. They should stick up for them when they've done nothing really wrong, but this is different. A true fan should be able to see where a band has fucked up and accept that as everyone fucks up occasionally. I think I've actually changed my mind on this issue. At first I was thinking what a stupid idea is was. But then I realised that for many of these people it was their first and only Creed show. When I think back to my first one and imagine how much it would've sucked had Stapp been off his nut, I'd have been pissed too (seeing as I had to wait like 4 years...). It wouldve been an even greater gesture if the band offered another show or a refund. But don't forget you got Tremonti, Hestla and Phillips playing their hearts out (and by my sources it was still an incredible, if interesting, show). So by my calculations, thats 3/4 of the show, so everyone who joins the suit should get 14.25. Sounds fair to me.

Edit: And everyone who wants their money back should provide a ticket stub or a reciept to prove their purchase.
Old 04-24-2003, 12:07 AM   #124
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: But don't forget you got Tremonti, Hestla and Phillips playing their hearts out (and by my sources it was still an incredible, if interesting, show). So by my calculations, thats 3/4 of the show, so everyone who joins the suit should get 14.25. Sounds fair to me.
Excellent point Said Eyes. Everyone seems to be forgetting that the remaining members of the band picked up the slack and from what I've heard, they KICKED ASS. So yes, $14.25 sounds fair to me.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 04-24-2003, 12:09 AM   #125
crisstee
USER INFO »
Exactly Said Eyes. I am so thankful that the Creed shows I have been to were incredible. I waited sooooo long to see them and I was so excited, I would have cried like a baby if I got a show like that especially if it were my first show. I cant imagine the disappointment for the first timers. Invisible kid is very lucky to have seen them before and at least was able to see that that is not what Creed is all about.
Old 04-24-2003, 12:15 AM   #126
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
I understand that the Chicago show may have sucked but why all the negativity over one show when all the other shows were awesome. Everyone is entitled to have an off day .
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 04-24-2003, 12:20 AM   #127
Chris98GT
USER INFO »
An "off day" implies that Scott's voice wasn't up to par or Mark's playing was a little off.... being drunk off your ass, writhing around on the ground and calling out the name of a stripper on stage is a complete disregard for 15,000 fans, not an "off day."

If any singer did this, I'd be saying the same thing. This is not just a Creed thing, trust me.
Old 04-24-2003, 12:21 AM   #128
crisstee
USER INFO »
I dont consider that an off day. Scott did something that could have been avoided. They didn't just sound bad that day, there is a big difference. That one show probably meant a whole lot to a lot of people, especially those who had never been to a Creed show before. Yes everyone makes mistakes and for me this would never change how I feel about Creed, and that is probably true for most of their fans but I think a lot of people also feel that Creed should have handled this differently.
Old 04-24-2003, 12:23 AM   #129
crisstee
USER INFO »
I totally agree Invisible Kid
Old 04-24-2003, 12:26 AM   #130
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
I understand, I have never seen Creed live before and if I was at the concert I would have probably been a little dissappointed but I would never think of sueing them! Especially since Mark and Flip made up for it. I'm not trying to say that going on stage drunk or whatever is right ny any means
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 04-24-2003, 12:35 AM   #131
Chris98GT
USER INFO »
Yes, Mark and the other guys tried their best to make up for it, but they just couldn't. Scott was totally incapacitated... he really killed the band's vibe that night. You had to be there to understand.
Old 04-24-2003, 12:43 AM   #132
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
On a side note, you´re blessed coz you got an unique concert of Creed with Mark singing!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-24-2003, 02:34 AM   #133
souldancer
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Invisible Kid
<b>An "off day" implies that Scott's voice wasn't up to par or Mark's playing was a little off.... being drunk off your ass, writhing around on the ground and calling out the name of a stripper on stage is a complete disregard for 15,000 fans, not an "off day." If any singer did this, I'd be saying the same thing. This is not just a Creed thing, trust me. </b>
From the concert reports I read, it did sound like an "off night" to me....unfortunate for the fans, but in the whole realm of what the band has given to the fans through all these years - it is simply one bad incident. I still (and sorry to repeat this) simply do not understand the unforgiving, overreactive nature of some people to this single concert. And saying it was 'intentional' on Scott;s part. Sure, no one forced him, but as a human being who has occasionally had emotionally rough times and has got caught up into too much fermented grape juice, I feel for Scott. Their lyrics speak to their humility, their humble nature the unforgiveness of the world and the pain and suffering...if there was ever a band that GAVE SO MUCH and SPOKE TO PEACE, GOODNESS and TRUTH it is CREED! While I respect and thank them I sadly watch others hang them for their words and what they stand for. What a cruel and funny world.
Old 04-24-2003, 02:58 AM   #134
creedfan47a
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by TeriB19
No offense to you personally, but it's annoying to see all these people who never posted here become members of our close-knit group of true fans just to piss all over Creed. It really makes us angry.

Absolutely my thoughts too. I'm not going to doubt anyone's passion for Creed, or how much of a fan they are, but we really are a family here, and having a load of negative people join up and intrude just to dump on Creed upsets me. This is home to a lot of people, including me, and I for one find it disconcerting that right now, this place doesn't feel the way it usually does.
Old 04-24-2003, 03:06 AM   #135
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Souldancer, thank you once again for your words of wisdom!