++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 12-29-2003, 08:27 AM   #31
Frankie
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I'm a bit late entering the PSU discussion...but I hold a soft spot in my heart for PSU Scott and feel like I should say something. I also have it on DVD and have watched it again and again.
Scott worked his butt off that night battling a dead crowd and excessive equipment problems.
The crowd was awful that night...having been lulled to sleep by the opening act. I had been to 5 shows before PSU and and never seen anything like the audience on that night.
The equipment problem was real...mark's guitars went out at the beginning of Freedom Fighter...the 2nd song of the night. Scott kept things going by talking to the crowd and encouraging Flip to "give us something."
Scott never swore until the middle of What If (and that was the one and ONLY time he used the "f" word)...and that was after singing the whole beginning verse...without mark playing...as his guitar went out again.
When Scott left the stage...BEGGING the crowd to stand up...he wasn't pouting...he could be seen off stage smiling and laughing...trying to get the crowd alive. He came right back out...did an amazing performance of Say I and continued on. He kicked the speaker...twice...count 'em...only twice...not repeatedly. Technical difficulties were confirmed after the band left the stage...as was normal...before Who's Got My Back. The set list was shortened by 2 songs...most probably due to the technical delay and time constraints concerning the venue.
Scott did the best he could under the circumstances...and finished the show smiling...aplauding...and grateful...as he always does. I will always remember the brilliant smile he flashed up at us as he left the stage.
I will NEVER forget his performance of One Last Breath that night...NEVER!
We saw Jagger off stage...and we didn't know at the time...but this show was only days after the problem with his ex-wife. He had alot going on at that moment in his life...but he still took the stage...and gave us everything he had in him at that point.
If anyone would like to see PSU for themselves or refresh their memories of that night...I would be more than happy to burn you a copy of the DVD.
Old 12-29-2003, 01:13 PM   #32
mamm1234
USER INFO »
Frankie,

Not to belabor the issue but you and I were obviously at 2 different shows. Scott was on stage for only a few minutes when he started with WTF...maybe you didn't hear it or maybe just those of us who were standing about 5 feet away from him heard it.

He left the stage and said he was refusing to come back until everyone in the arena was standing. That took awhile because there were a lot of pissed off ppl. One woman next to me said Scott would be paying her babysitter if he didn't get back on stage.

The first opening act was a no show. The second whose name escapes me and who came on at 8 were very good. They had the decency to tell the crowd that there would be only one opening band, not two as we paid for.

The crowd was not dulled by that band. It was a very patient Tuesday night crowd. It's really sad that you are blaming fans for some very serious problems Scott had that night. Very sad. It was not an awful crowd, considering how we were dissed, the crowd was awesome.

PPl maybe were getting slightly annoyed when it was 9:30 and for a show that should have started a 7:30, we had 30 mins of music thus far.

All other Creed shows that I attended (except for Philly)started at 7:30, had 2 opening bands, and Creed came on about 9:15.

Kicked the speakers over twice?? was that when they stopped picking them up so they just lay on the stage for the rest of the night?
Scott was happy at the end????????
Scott was a VERY PISSED OFF person the whole night. Again, as someone a few feet away from him, I would say there were times he was out of control and it was actually a little scary. At the end of the show he yanked off his earphones and waist pak and threw them into the crowd. Someone next to me got the waist pak. Five mins later a roadie was out there BEGGING for its return. He offered as many autographs as the person wanted etc. Guess what??? We all knew who had it but it was like WTF, after what we just experienced, everyone was too pissed to say anything.

I actually felt very sorry for the roadie who obviously had been give the task of cleaning up after Scott. Really felt bad for the guy, pleading with everyone, hope he wasn't fired.

Was there some equipment problems, apparently but as we all said that night, it was nothing the average person would notice and it was not what pissed ppl off.

But each to his/her own. Somebody felt it was a good show so that's cool.
Old 12-29-2003, 01:51 PM   #33
Frankie
USER INFO »
Kicked the speakers over twice??

Yes...like I said...would you like a copy of the concert to refresh your memory?

The first opening band did not show up...not Creed's fault...and I'm sorry but Stereofuse was awful...the guy did his entire set with his zipper down.

Scott NEVER swore until the middle of What If...when he said "you people need to wake the F**k up"...and like I said it was the only time that particular word was said.

Again....would you like a copy?

Did you hear Scott thank the crowd over and over that night? Did you hear him explain why he was so upset at the beginning, that he thought that PSU was a home away from home because that's where they wrote WAWO...did you hear him say "God Bless you...God Bless you all"?

"Was there some equipment problems, apparently but as we all said that night, it was nothing the average person would notice...

You can't be serious...Mark's guitar was not working at all at the beginning of Freedom Fighter...and then failed again at the beginning of What If...Not notice the equipment problems...unbelievable. Scott spent the whole night trying to get his mic and earphone adjusted...even at one point asking some in the front how mark sounded because he couldn't hear him.

Scott did not throw things into the crowd...he tossed them underhand...

I repeat two things...1. Scott finished the show smiling and grateful and thanking the crowd...even staying out longer than normal to toss some drumsticks as well as the set lists...and 2. Would you like a copy?
Old 12-29-2003, 02:06 PM   #34
mamm1234
USER INFO »
Hh was thanking the crowd for putting up with his shit. And he was damn grateful that everyone didn't walk out which a lot of ppl felt like doing when he was pulling some of his antics.

And if you think he only said fuck once, there's something wrong with your DVD version. The funny thing is that they were taping that night, maybe that's one of the reasons we don't have a DVD???Even the camaramen were getting restless...waiting, waiting, waiting....

And I don't need a copy, I was there.
Old 12-29-2003, 02:16 PM   #35
mamm1234
USER INFO »
BTW, someone from this board sent me a PM saying they had seen downloads of the show and it made them ill to watch it. Most ppl feel that way.

Not that Scott didn't do some awesome singing for a short while because he did. And the rest of the band was awesome as usual. Unfortunately it couldn't make up for the very serious problem Scott was having.. That show happened to be within a few days of the cell phone incident with Hillary which we found out about afterwards which made me try to be a little more understanding. Shit happens to all of us.

But this is really kind of silly, we are all entitled to our own opinions.
In my opinion, I went to 5 shows last tour that rocked and 1 that was pretty bad. All in the past.
Old 12-29-2003, 02:35 PM   #36
Frankie
USER INFO »
The cameras you saw were the cameras that are there every show...to show the images on the big screen...they were NOT filming for the DVD. This is a bootlegged copy...filmed from the audience by a fan...and a very good copy too. No editing was done at all. Really Mamm you need a copy...funny the tricks your memory plays on you...just remembering what you want to remember. I have it on film as it happened.
Side note: If you had read my first post...you would have noticed that I mentioned the incident with Hillaree.
No one will change my mind about this concert...as I am sure you feel the same way...so we will agree to disagree. I just felt that those reading should not be left with just your version of that night. And I too know others that feel the same way about it as I do.
And my offer to burn you a copy stands...

Last edited by Frankie : 12-29-2003 at 02:48 PM.
Old 12-29-2003, 02:48 PM   #37
mamm1234
USER INFO »
Well, like I said, I guess you had to be standing right there by him to know what was really going on. Your friend did not pick up the finer points of the concert.

BTW, did you say you were there? I was under the impression you were but perhaps not.

Funny that you say that about the filming because of the 6 concerts I attended, it was the only one with a camera crew right in front of the stage. It had nothing to do with the big screen: they were filming the concert.
Old 12-29-2003, 02:57 PM   #38
Frankie
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by mamm1234) Well, like I said, I guess you had to be standing right there by him to know what was really going on. Your friend did not pick up the finer points of the concert.

BTW, did you say you were there? I was under the impression you were but perhaps not.

Funny that you say that about the filming because of the 6 concerts I attended, it was the only one with a camera crew right in front of the stage. It had nothing to do with the big screen: they were filming the concert.

Did you even read my first post? I WAS there...sitting side stage in the second row...with a perfect view of everything...so no I wasn't standing in the pit right by him...I was in the stands...standing right by him...with nothing to block my view or my hearing...or the brilliant smile he flashed up at us as he left the stage.
Sorry Mamm...I attended 7 concerts(3 standing on the rail in the pit)...EVERY single one of them had camera men in the front filming...for the big screens...if it had been for a DVD there would have been notices posted around the arena as there were at the shows where they WERE filming for the DVD.
My Friend ??? I bought the dvd bootleg of the concert on E-bay...I have no clue who did the filming....and the concert is complete...he did not even turn the camera off during the technical delay.
Old 12-29-2003, 09:15 PM   #39
hide
USER INFO »
Hey Frankie I would be more then happy to accept a burnt DVD off you, no matter what the quality is like. As we don't have any DVD's of live performances that are official, the closet thing is really the Doors storytellers DVD I would be more then happy to take one off your hands and any other shows you have as well. Perhaps you would like to trade them for something I don't know. PM me if you want! thx!
Old 12-29-2003, 09:44 PM   #40
Frankie
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by hide) Hey Frankie I would be more then happy to accept a burnt DVD off you, no matter what the quality is like. As we don't have any DVD's of live performances that are official, the closet thing is really the Doors storytellers DVD I would be more then happy to take one off your hands and any other shows you have as well. Perhaps you would like to trade them for something I don't know. PM me if you want! thx!

Hide...it really is excellent quality...both audio and visual...
You have a pm
Old 12-30-2003, 04:10 PM   #41
Jez
USER INFO »
Frankie, Check your mail!

Creed~~Bullets
Old 12-30-2003, 07:42 PM   #42
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: ..and I'm sorry but Stereofuse was awful...the guy did his entire set with his zipper down.

LMMFAO!!! I'd forgotten about that!!!! I did remember seeing his fly down, but I didn't know it was for the whole set...OMG, that's too funny...

Also, I recall Scott saying at least a couple of times, something to the effect of they were were going to get through the show no matter what because there was something greater going on there that night, or something like that. Yeah, the people in the seats were pretty lame, but the pit was its usual wild self. I recall him saying something like, Do you people know you're at a rock concert? These people do...and then he pointed to all the people in the pit and of course, the pit cheered loudly. To me, and I know this is just my opinion, the show wasn't that bad considering what they had to deal with..I'd sure be happy to get a copy of your DVD, Frankie .
Old 12-30-2003, 07:58 PM   #43
Frankie
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) .

LMMFAO!!! I'd forgotten about that!!!! I did remember seeing his fly down, but I didn't know it was for the whole set...OMG, that's too funny...

Also, I recall Scott saying at least a couple of times, something to the effect of they were were going to get through the show no matter what because there was something greater going on there that night, or something like that. Yeah, the people in the seats were pretty lame, but the pit was its usual wild self. I recall him saying something like, Do you people know you're at a rock concert? These people do...and then he pointed to all the people in the pit and of course, the pit cheered loudly. To me, and I know this is just my opinion, the show wasn't that bad considering what they had to deal with..I'd sure be happy to get a copy of your DVD, Frankie .

Your memories are right on Dogstar...Scott did say he would finish the show all by himself if he had to...and about the Pit..."these people came to have a rock show"...and he seemed to really appreciate the pit people that night because of it.
PM me your address...I'll see what I can do
Old 12-30-2003, 07:59 PM   #44
hide
USER INFO »
well even if it isn't Creed's best ever performance I would more then happy to watch this. If anyone has a boot or a DVD of some of their better peformances and would like to organise something just give me a PM!