++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 07-12-2005, 12:04 AM   #16
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Daggone them. they have to go play OYE...
Old 07-12-2005, 05:41 AM   #17
Trimontana
USER INFO »
Check the link; has been posted an interview with Mark and the performace of OYE
ALter Bridge at MNB
They look awesome with those beisball t.shirts.LOL
Old 07-12-2005, 06:36 AM   #18
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Anyone ripped it?

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 07-12-2005, 10:51 AM   #19
titan9
USER INFO »
Not that I know of. But I can't wait til someone does rip it. It was an awesome performance. I kinda expected Damon to be up there, but was still surprised when he joined them right before the solo. I definitely didn't expect Mike Piazza. Who would have known that he was an Alter Bridge fan as well? I was really happy to see Mark wearing a Tigers jersey. Good thing he remembered his roots, lol.

I watched the Celebrity Softball game afterwards and was pretty disappointed. Mark batted 12th in the line up and, as a result, only got one at bat the entire 4 inning game. And he grounded out. He didn't play defense until the very last inning of the game, but he did catch a flyball which was better than some of those softball players, lol. They billed Mark as being "one of the founding members of Creed" and also talked about Alter Bridge a little bit.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 07-12-2005, 10:55 AM   #20
Trem24Fan
USER INFO »
Man I wish they would've played something else, the song kind dragged on. J Damon and Piazza looked a little dorky up there too. I love AB, seen them twice on tour, but watching it live on TV, it seemed .... uncomfortable or something. I don't know. Maybe its becuase the song has been out for a year now and kinda sick of it, or the 2 baseball dudes up there looking a little dorky. I mean at a club or something I think you can pull that off (like last year in Boston) but out there, in the daylight, out in the middle of baseball field, with a bunch of baseball fans, and Chris Berman announcing some home grown music, it looked kinda stupid.
Old 07-12-2005, 11:03 AM   #21
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trem24Fan) Man I wish they would've played something else, the song kind dragged on. J Damon and Piazza looked a little dorky up there too. I love AB, seen them twice on tour, but watching it live on TV, it seemed .... uncomfortable or something. I don't know. Maybe its becuase the song has been out for a year now and kinda sick of it, or the 2 baseball dudes up there looking a little dorky. I mean at a club or something I think you can pull that off (like last year in Boston) but out there, in the daylight, out in the middle of baseball field, with a bunch of baseball fans, and Chris Berman announcing some home grown music, it looked kinda stupid.

They looked silly.
Old 07-12-2005, 11:14 AM   #22
titan9
USER INFO »
Lol, they did look different with the baseball jerseys. But you had to know that they'd all be wearing All-Star jerseys and that Mark would wear a Tigers jersey. I actually thought it was cool that they all(with the exception of Mark) had customized All-Star jerseys. I wish they would have shown them singing "Detroit Rock City", though.

Old 07-12-2005, 12:42 PM   #23
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
No I meant Johhny Damon and Mike Piazza--ESPECIALLY Piazza. He had one drum stick and was playing air drums, then air guitar, then just slamming his head back and forth... Damon looked stupid but at least he was pretending to sing...

But yeah, AB looked silly as well... It was really the first time I think I have ever seen Myles sing and I DIDN'T think he sounded awesome...
Old 07-12-2005, 02:29 PM   #24
titan9
USER INFO »
I agree with you there, Piazza did look like a dork. I just watched the performance again on MLB.com and Piazza looked really stupid up there. Damon came off a lot better than Piazza did, though.

I also agree with you about Myles. He sounded good, but did not sound as great as he usually does live. Then again, OYE doesn't really showcase Myles vocal ability as much as say Find the Real does or even One Day Remains. I'm willing to bet that if AB played FTR, Myles would have hit that high note at the end perfectly. Overall, though, Myles didn't sing great but he did sing pretty good, imo.

Old 07-12-2005, 03:33 PM   #25
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04
Myles did sound off on the vocals, and when Mark did the solo, he sounded like he went out of key a little wee bit. Not bad tho, that, and you have to figure, its an outside show, the acoustics for a PA system outside is a lot different than that of an inside PA system

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me
Old 07-12-2005, 04:56 PM   #26
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Yeah, they SHOULD have played find the real...
Old 07-12-2005, 06:01 PM   #27
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
nah, OYE is the song that motivated Red Sox last season if I recall.

It's a shame ESPN didn't broadcast Detroit Rock City.
Old 07-12-2005, 06:55 PM   #28
titan9
USER INFO »
Yeah, it was OYE and One Last Breath that motivated them, I believe. The reason I mention OLB is that I recall hearing on here that, after game 3 of the ALCS against the Yankees, Damon played OLB before each Red Sox game that followed in that series. Of course, Damon is/was a big fan of Creed(used them many times as his at bat music and probably still does) so it makes sense that he did that. And it apparently brought them some good luck.

I agree, I would have loved for them to have played FTR. But I understand why they played OYE. I only wish that they could have played one other song off of ODR and had that broadcasted as well.

Old 07-12-2005, 06:58 PM   #29
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) It's a shame ESPN didn't broadcast Detroit Rock City.

Agreed. If anyone was watching Baseball Tonight, towards the end of that show before the Derby, you could actually hear Alter Bridge playing and see the pyros going off. But the announcers were blabbing, so you couldn't hear what song they were playing, but I assume it was Detroit Rock City. ESPN could have easily broadcast that, but decided not to.

Old 07-13-2005, 10:13 AM   #30
UK_Bridge
USER INFO »
yeah just saw it on nasn, great performance and they have got to get a new band member mike piazza he was quality