++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 03-08-2005, 01:49 PM   #1
Dearon_Thereon
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
March Sixth, The Netherlands, Utrecht, Tivoli

I can't stand the waiting for the thread in the Concert Review's part, so i'll post my review here, enjoy!:

Hi people, here is my review about the Alter Bridge concert in Tivoli, Utrecht.

Well, the day started fairly normal, I got out of bed at about 11:00. I took a shower, brushed my teeth etc etc etc… Then at around 2:15, after about all the time doing nothing but sitting behind the PC being pretty nervous and chatting on MSN, it was time to go to the train station, where we would meet our mum, who also went with us. So we waited for the train for about an half hour in the freezing cold. Then we came in Utrecht, it was a really big station. We first got something to eat and drink and then started walking to Tivoli for the concert. Once there, we heard from some other friends who were there that we missed Alter Bridge by half an hour… Major bummer… but there was still the concert. The waiting was long, cold, boring and my little brother was annoying me like hell… But then, finally, after waiting from around 3:45 till 19:30, the doors FINALLY opened… Thank god, it was like heaven, finally warm. Of course, a lot of pushing to get up front, but me, my mum and my bro could get completely in front against the stage (yes, there are NO fences here in Holland). Then we could stand there for another 45 minutes till the support band performed… Land Of Airplanes. They weren’t bad, but (of course) it was nowhere like Alter Bridge. But already after the first song, I heard my little bro…: “Mum, I can’t stand this! My ears are hurting!”. So, my mum and bro went on the balcony where it was less loud and I was there in front, all alone except for a friend of my mums… But boy, what did I enjoy the show! Then, after about an hour of playing, they went off stage and the guys started getting everything in position for Alter Bridge… damn what was I excited!!! Then, after 15 minutes of setting up… (and a crowd getting increasingly restless) finally, THEY came!!!!! Now I was really excited. I stood there, against the stage, almost right in front of Myles!!!! Then they started with One Day Remains (here is a shot of the tracklist: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vinnie...30.jpg&.src=ph)
Immediately the crowd got wild and sang along. I immediately got out my camera and started taking photo’s like mad (I took a total of 186 photo’s, there are 151 photo’s, for the others are really terrible). Right at the start Stijn (the friend of my mum) gave me the plectrum from Brian!!! I couldn’t believe it, my first concert and immediately I got stuff. There isn’t really much to say about the way they played the music, except for that it was really great, sometimes they were pulling faces, was really funny. I also shook the hands of Myles and Mark between the songs, it was totally awesome!!! But then, they were off stage for a minute and they were throwing plectrums again. Suddenly I felt something against my forehead, looked down and saw the plectrum of Myles lying there in my sweater! I felt really lucky then! Then they started playing In Loving Memory… Oh damn, that was so beautiful, Myles just puts so much emotion in it… The whole crowd sang along and there was no pushing or anything, just all those people singing like one. After that they had another plectrum throwing minute. I though I might as well do nothing, but then I just put my hand up and suddenly I was holding Marks plectrum!!!! Now I knew nothing could ruin the evening. (I was also getting my hopes up for getting a drumstick from Flip, but sadly, I didn’t get it…) But of course I was really happy I got those 3 plectrums. Then at the end, I was aching all over (especially my stomach, I think I sang waaaay too loud, but it was worth it one bit!) And all the time I was taking pictures and singing along and watching them… it was just totally awesome! Then after it had ended we stayed along for a while, but the band didn’t come out… (too bad). And we had to leave to get to our train in time… But I hope next concert of them (cuz I will surely be there!!!!!!!!!) I’ll meet them, that would be the best! And to get a stick of Scott, that would be the best! And now I am stopping with writing, cuz this was about it and I think you’ll be pretty tired of reading . And one last thing, for everyone who hasn’t got enough, here is the link to all the photo’s: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vinnie...r=3c84&.src=ph
(Keep in mind that these are amateuristic, for I am no professional photographer.)

Last edited by Dearon_Thereon : 03-08-2005 at 01:58 PM.
Old 03-08-2005, 04:09 PM   #2
Anna1011
USER INFO »
loved the review chick cant wait for them to come over here again.

*You’re a part of me*

*And it’s your song*

*that sets me free*

*I sing it while*

*I feel I can’t hold on*

*I sing tonight*

*cause it comforts me*

"You laugh at me because i'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same"

find me here
Old 03-08-2005, 04:11 PM   #3
Dearon_Thereon
USER INFO »
Chick??
yeah, i can't wait for the next concert, i rly wanna go again
Old 03-09-2005, 05:33 AM   #4
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
Good stuff man!!!! I only wish your mum could have stayed with you guys, but from what she has said she still loved it; and I recon shes a good mum cos she sacrificed the front row for her kid. Love U Steff!!!!

Glad U guys had a good time!

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 03-09-2005, 11:37 AM   #5
Dearon_Thereon
USER INFO »
Yeah, she's the best mum around!!! luv u mum! and yeah, we had fun at least mum got to see some pictures of AB up close next time, next chance
Old 03-09-2005, 11:45 AM   #6
Anna1011
USER INFO »
wow!you have such a cool mum

*You’re a part of me*

*And it’s your song*

*that sets me free*

*I sing it while*

*I feel I can’t hold on*

*I sing tonight*

*cause it comforts me*

"You laugh at me because i'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same"

find me here
Old 03-09-2005, 11:48 AM   #7
Dearon_Thereon
USER INFO »
Yeah, i know, she rox!!!
Old 03-09-2005, 11:59 AM   #8
Anna1011
USER INFO »
i wish my mum was like yours

*You’re a part of me*

*And it’s your song*

*that sets me free*

*I sing it while*

*I feel I can’t hold on*

*I sing tonight*

*cause it comforts me*

find me here
Old 07-20-2005, 07:43 AM   #9
WeatheredWoman
USER INFO »
Awwwwww... you guys made me blush so harrrd!!

Kinda late but thnx so much!

The concert was awesome yes... :

Well we even get another shot!!! November the 21th... Vince, we're gonna be there again!!!!

Love u!!

Souls...
they float like the memories I've opened,
Go...
and kiss all the butterflies I've broken,
Sow...
their wings to the coat of my misfortune,
Grow...
to reach the plains only I have spoken...

The Path ~by~ ManMade God