++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 12-18-2007, 02:50 PM   #16
Stappishot
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Domestic battery charge dropped

I don't think, in my opinion that it has nothing to do with religion, it's just HIM! Not the things that he stands for! He just does dumb things is all, not cuz he's a Christian. But as I said be4, he's doing good right now, so I will praise him or that, but I, myself, wont get my hopes up. Stapp just has bad luck when it comes to the media an what people have to say about him. But, I myself get talked about, but I don't let it bug me, cuz I know what I did, and what people THINK I did, so I just bypass it, cuz life's to short to be worrying about what he said and she said, so I think stapp shouldn't care, and go on make more album's and worry about him and his family and try to work it out with them, be4 he gives US another apology for stupid things he does.
Old 12-18-2007, 02:55 PM   #17
titan9
USER INFO »

I completely agree, Dogstar. There is a huge double standard there that has come into effect not just with Stapp, but also Mel Gibson. I'm not a Gibson fan in the least, but I was disappointed to see how hard some people came down on him when he got arrested for drunk driving, and I think the reason was his religion. It almost seems like when a professed Christian gets arrested, people just love to make a huge deal out of it. But when Lohan or Weiland gets arrested, it's no big deal.

And, yeah, a lot of Christians are quite judgmental. It's one of the most frustrating parts of Christianity--the hypocrisy and the judgment of others. All of which is done despite the fact that Christians have been instructed by God through the Bible to not judge others unless they are without sin. None of us are without sin, so none of us have the right to pass judgment on a fallen person, be them Christian or otherwise.

This all reminds me of a thing Christianity Today ran a couple years ago when Stapp had his 311/CC problems. They originally came down hard on Stapp, but soon realized, due to many emails from Christians, that it wasn't right of them to do that. They reached the conclusion that the best thing to do wasn't to bash Stapp but rather to pray for him. And that's all anyone who is Christian should be doing.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!

Last edited by titan9 : 12-18-2007 at 04:20 PM.
Old 12-18-2007, 02:56 PM   #18
titan9
USER INFO »

And Stappishot. If it has nothing to do with religion, then how come people aren't coming down on Weiland after his latest arrest? I find it hard to believe that this has nothing to do with religion.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 12-18-2007, 03:11 PM   #19
Stappishot
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) And Stappishot. If it has nothing to do with religion, then how come people aren't coming down on Weiland after his latest arrest? I find it hard to believe that this has nothing to do with religion.

. Like I said MY opinion, not the world, if u find that everyone isn't coming down on weiland, then talk to someone who does seem to care that it's about religion, I never said hey stapp is a bad Christian, so god is gonna come down and get him, lol!! I see u think it's about religion, but remember I DON'T! Just talk to people who think it is about religion, cuz I'm not one of those people who think it is. I think it's his action, not what god he serves. If u find it hard to believe that's ur problem, not mine. U know, I like stapp, I love his music, and I will support that, but when he does dumb things, I will talk about it, but I don't dislike stapp, never did never will. I'm sure there are people out there saying things about weiland, and his dumb actions, just as people are saying about stapp

Last edited by Stappishot : 12-18-2007 at 03:21 PM.
Old 12-26-2007, 09:44 AM   #20
Redeemer
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Redeemer Send a message via MSN to Redeemer Send a message via Yahoo to Redeemer

Scott Weiland has NEVER gotten as much attention as Scott Stapp for his debauched actions.

I myself denounced Christianity a long time ago, but I still have opinions on the state of the religion. And in my opinion, yes, a lot of this has to do with his supposed religious leanings. Christians tend to be very judgmental of their fellow Christians. It's like some sort of character flaw. More attention is paid to Stapp when he does asinine things like this because people remember his "piety" and "faith" back in the Creed days, and see it as hypocritical when years later, he's throwing Orangina bottles at his wife in a drunken [or drugged, whatever] state. Fact of the matter is, no one is perfect, no matter what their religious background, and stress can do a lot to a person, strong as they may have been.
Old 12-27-2007, 08:11 PM   #21
Stappishot
USER INFO »

I think it's dumb people see it as religion. I see it as ur a person, not what god u serve. To me, it's his actions before anything else. Like the statement he made in the new article that was just put out, he said along the lines that he hasn't been drinking for 2 yrs now. But just 7 months ago, he came in the house on drugs and was drinking. So until he can stop lying, I think people will respect him more.
Old 01-12-2008, 11:40 AM   #22
Redeemer
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Redeemer Send a message via MSN to Redeemer Send a message via Yahoo to Redeemer

No matter what the whole fiasco is about, I just think he needs to be held accountable for his actions like any other self-sufficient adult. Making excuses for him is so last year.