++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 03-30-2005, 03:05 PM   #1
hockeymom97
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Creed Angels Fundraiser-4/27 WINNERS POSTED

Creed Angels Inc. is proud to announce our second online tricky tray raffle! Proceeds from this raffle will benefit 6-year-old Matthew. Melissa (hockeymom) will be sharing Matthew's story with you shortly). We are asking all angels to particpate by buying and/or selling tickets, 100% of all ticket sales will be donated to Matthew's fund. The more tickets we sell, the more we can donate. The theme for this tricky tray is "Mother's Day". What an easy sell! What could be better than donating to a good cause in exchange for a chance to win a beautiful gift for your Mom? Pictures of the baskets can be found on our "fundraisers" page. We've got lots to choose from so purchase your tickets now, one of these lovely baskets could be yours or your Moms! Don't forgot to ask your friends, family and co-workers if they would like a chance to win also!

Tickets are on sale March 29 - April 23. Tickets are $1 each, 6 for $5 or 15 for $10. Tickets can be purchased by mailing check or money order payable to "Creed Angels, Inc." PO Box 1406, Marion, Ohio 43301-1406 or by sending paypal to [email protected]. To use paypal please visit www.paypal.com. If mailing in your order use the printable tickets on the fundraiser page to print tickets, if using paypal be sure to write which baskets you are purchasing tickets for in the "comments" section. Remember, you can purchase more than 1 ticket for any basket to increase your chances of winning! You can also print the basket page and tickets to sell to friends, family, and co-workers or post links to the pages on any message board you frequent.

All tickets, money and paypal must be received by April 23rd. The drawings will be held April 25th (subject to change) and the winners will be announced on the Creed Angel online message board and baskets will be shipped shortly thereafter, so that the winners will receive them for Mother's Day. Chances of winning depend on number of tickets purchased per basket.

All baskets were donated by friends and members of Creed Angels Inc. and will be shipped by those donors. By entering this raffle, you agree, should you win, to allow Creed Angels to release your address to the donor of the basket for shipping purposes only.

Lastly, we offer our most sincere thanks to the generous souls who donated these awesome baskets. Without you, this fundrasier would not be possible!

Here is the link to the fundraiser site http://www.creedangels.org/fundraisers.htm

Thank you in advance for your help with this fundraiser. I know that Matthew and his family truely appreciate it.

Here is a little information on Matthew and his condition.

Matthew's Journey

Matthew Beyer is a six-year-old-boy who lives in Joliet Illinois with his parents, Pam and Tom Beyer, and his brother Timothy. He is a Tiger Scout and loves Spiderman, riding his bike, fishing with dad, and macaroni and cheese.

Matthew was recently diagnosed with Fanconi Anemia (FA), a severe blood disease that affects a person’s ability to reproduce red blood cells. FA eventually leads to bone marrow failure, and people with FA usually develop leukemia at a very early age. A bone marrow transplant is the most effective form of treatment and is currently the only long – term solution for Matthew. FA patients often experience complications which are not routine for other transplants, such as a marked increased risk in organ toxicity and in graft-versus-host disease and development of glucose intolerance.*

But these risks are nothing compared to the ravages of the disease left unchecked. The bone marrow transplant is Matthew’s only chance at having a normal, healthy childhood and a long and productive adult life. You can only imagine the determination of his parents, sibling, aunts, uncles, and grandparents to do everything possible to give Matthew that chance.

This difficult journey of care for Matthew will involve trips to specialty hospitals in Cincinnati and Minneapolis and special equipment for the isolation procedures related to the marrow transplant. Many of these expenses, while necessary for Matthew’s survival, are not covered by health insurance. The Chicago-area friends and family of Tom, Pam, Tim, and Matthew are determined to help ease their financial and emotional burden and help ensure that Matthew has a full and healthy life.

This goal is bigger than all of us, and so our family is asking you and yours to help Matthew as well. A fund has been established in his name. We would ask you to consider a small gift that will help deliver many times its value, a gift that will generate hope and happiness, healing and health, and the genuine satisfaction that such acts of kindness return to those who open their hearts.

Matthews Current Condition

Results from Matt's blood test on Feb. 23 were VERY GOOD. Matt's
counts leveled out after a big drop from the previous test.

Next, is a trip to Minn. on March 10. I will keep all updated.
Thanks for checking in, keep the good vibes coming, looks like it is
working.

Again my sincere thanks on behalf of The Creed Angels
Melissa.

Last edited by hockeymom97 : 04-27-2005 at 09:38 PM. Reason: updates
Old 03-31-2005, 03:22 PM   #2
creedsister
USER INFO »
My Prayers Are With Him And His Famliy...GOD BLESS YOU GUYS I Want All Those Baskets ...Their Cool...
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 03-31-2005, 04:52 PM   #3
hockeymom97
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedsister) My Prayers Are With Him And His Famliy...GOD BLESS YOU GUYS I Want All Those Baskets ...Their Cool...

Those baskets are pretty nice. Our Angels did a wonderful job putting those together to try and make this fundraiser a huge success for Matthew.

He is a great little boy and so full of life.
Old 03-31-2005, 05:30 PM   #4
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Those baskets are very nice
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 04-07-2005, 01:25 PM   #5
hockeymom97
USER INFO »
Update on Matthew

Here is an update on Matthew from his last Dr. visit.

Results from Matt's blood test in March were a bit down from the February but Tom and Pam have been assured that the Matthew's levels are still within guidelines and no reason for concern at this time.

Please along with the fundraise pray that this little boy finds a bone marrow match.
Old 04-17-2005, 08:56 AM   #6
hockeymom97
USER INFO »
Just a reminder that the last day to get your tickets for the tricky tray raffle is next Saturday April 23rd. If you have not checked out the raffle please visit www.creedangels.org and go to the fundraisers section.

On behalf of the Creed Angels and Matthew Beyer along with his family we thank you for your support on this fundraiser.

Also a big thank you to Steve for letting the Creed Angel organization post this here.

As I recieve updates on Matthews health I will keep you posted.

Thanks Again.
Melissa
Old 04-22-2005, 09:18 AM   #7
hockeymom97
USER INFO »
Just a reminder that tomorrow Saturday 04/23 is the last day to purchase raffle tickets for the tricky tray through paypal. The drawing will be held on Monday 04/25.

I will post the list of winners in here once the drawing is complete.

Hurry and get your tickets if you haven't already done so.

To all those who have purchased tickets, thank you so much for your support of Matthew.
Old 04-27-2005, 09:34 PM   #8
hockeymom97
USER INFO »
Winners by Basket

Basket 1-A Night At The Movies-Shirley H.

Basket 2-Lavender Home Spa-Gail F.

Basket 3-May Flowers-Jessica L.

Basket 4-Mothers Day Snack Attack-Sandy H.

Basket 5-A Day At The Spa-Sheila N.

Basket 6-Nourishing Oasis-Jessica L.

Basket 7-Relax With Wax-Engracia J.

Basket 8-Vanilla Yourself In Luxury-Rose F.

Basket 9-For the Future Mommy-Deanna H.

Basket 10-Unwind-Joyce T.

Basket 11-Pamper Yourself-Sandy H.

Congratulations to the winners and thank you to all who donated. It is greatly appreciated.

Tomorrow the pictures will be posted on the website with the winners names on them.

www.creedangels.org

Last edited by hockeymom97 : 04-27-2005 at 09:37 PM.
Old 06-21-2005, 10:48 PM   #9
Xterminator27
USER INFO »
Um this contest is over and this thread is over 2 months old, you can un-sticky it now

Then shut the hell up and eat your damn lemons!

BUY MY MERCHANDISE
http://www.cafepress.com/xterminator27