++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 04-12-2005, 12:22 AM   #46
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04
i think that we may see another alter bridge album before we see a scott stapp album. the pre recording being done means nothing, that means that they have all the equipment set up to start recording. I also believe that Stapp should have had his solo album halfway done when One Day Remains came out. Stapp may suprise us, and i really hope that this time is being used well on quality assurance, and not just partying (which, looks to me like what hes been doing a lot, check out the PBF boards and you will see what i mean) ODR came out in a flash, not even 4 months after we heard about the creed breakup, and it was high quality. I know that stapp has it in him to do the same, and i really wish that he would have.

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me
Old 04-12-2005, 08:18 AM   #47
Frankie
USER INFO »
i
Quote: really hope that this time is being used well on quality assurance, and not just partying (which, looks to me like what hes been doing a lot, check out the PBF boards and you will see what i mean)

Excuse me! I really wish when you reference PBF you would get your facts straight.
Scott has only been seen out twice since the beginning of the year...once on January 6th at a charity event - how dare he? and just about a month ago at the Nascar race in Vegas...and yes he was working that week-end too.

If you are referring to the PBF news forum...double check the dates
Old 04-12-2005, 09:00 AM   #48
titan9
USER INFO »
I think the point that tremonti4life was trying to make is that Scott needs to get this album out sooner rather than later. Alter Bridge had their CD out TWO MONTHS after the break-up. They worked at a quick pace and made an excellent album, one that many people like, even those who hated Creed. Bottom line is, we're all anxious to see what Scott can do in his solo career. I'm personally patient; I'll buy that CD no matter if it's released in 2005 or 2015. But I realize that not all fans are going to be that patient. The longer people have to wait for this CD, the more impatient they get and then, finally, they don't care anymore. That has already happened to some Creed fans who were, when it was announced, looking forward to Scott's solo CD. Losing fans isn't good business for Scott or Wind-Up. That is why I think he needs to get that CD out soon.

As tremonti4life said, I hope that the reason this album has been delayed is quality assurance. I'd hate for Scott to come out with an unpolished album that stinks. I'm pretty confident, though, that Scott's album will be really good, whenever it is released. I just hope it's released soon.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 04-12-2005, 10:23 AM   #49
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by tremonti4life04) well, windup records has him as a "Coming in 2005" artist, now, does that mean the year 2005 or "coming in 2005 years" honestly, i dont know. I believe that stapp wont have any fancy guitar work on the cd tho, look at creed...He had a guitarist that is considered to be one of the best guitarists of the 90's, and he didnt put him to work! Honestly, if mark tremonti was my guitarist, i would have him shred for 90% of the song, and me singing just 10%. If you look (technically) at the transition hes made from Weathered to One Day Remains, he takes a massive jump in difficulty between those years. Now, with creed, you could also tell a difference from My Own Prison to Weathered. Big difference. Yet still lacking solos, now on ODR, there are a bunch of them and they are extremely impressive solos, so i think that stapp had something to do with the lack of solos. So i believe that there isnt going to be too much fancy guitar work on stapps record, i just hope that be does a better job on that cd than he did with Relearn Love. Stapp is one hell of a singer/songwriter, and i would hate to see his career go down the shitter

I agree with ALMOST all of that (I obviously disagree with the last sentence but to avoid any huge pointless arguments, I will not dwell on that, lol). Anyway, I DON'T think Tremonti took a big jump forward from MOP to Weathered. I think that at best he moved forward a little. Sure, you have Bullets on Weathered, but that is just one song. Other than that, Weathered is just full of a bunch of catchy melodic hooks that everyone writes--granted, Tremonti's are BETTER than everyone's, but they are still the same in principle. There is NOTHING on Weathered to challenge Pity for A Dime's solo, and only Bullets matches unforgiven's awesome riffs (although both bullets and Unforgiven are ridiculously Metallica sounding... lol)

But of course, I don't think this was Tremonti's fault. I just think he got pressured into writing radio friendly songs. Or maybe he just wrote them on his own accord, but as I have said before, that makes NO sense at all because if he WANTED to write a ton of radio friendly songs with no solos, why did he ever leave Creed? He wouldn't have.

Anyway, that is rather off-topic but I always have to get my two cents in.

As for Stapp's music... meh, couldn't really care what TYPE of music it is, but if it is a bunch of whiny radio ballads I will laugh my head off.

Last edited by uncertaindrumer : 04-12-2005 at 10:25 AM.
Old 04-12-2005, 10:28 AM   #50
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
2 months isn't accurate... 2 months after the break-up was announced, yeah... but the band was working since November (maybe even before that), got Myles in December and was officially born in Jan 02.
Old 04-12-2005, 10:34 AM   #51
titan9
USER INFO »
Yes, but the point was, the album was out within two months of the break-up officially being announced. I knew that they had been working on the CD for much longer than that, but was just saying that they put the CD out only a couple of months after the break-up was officially announced. I guess I didn't type that clearly enough. My bad.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 04-12-2005, 01:03 PM   #52
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
no problem, I know you meant that. I was just pointing it for those who don't know the history.
Old 04-12-2005, 06:12 PM   #53
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Picky Picky. lol
Old 04-12-2005, 08:59 PM   #54
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04
Quote: (Originally Posted by Frankie) i

Excuse me! I really wish when you reference PBF you would get your facts straight.
Scott has only been seen out twice since the beginning of the year...once on January 6th at a charity event - how dare he? and just about a month ago at the Nascar race in Vegas...and yes he was working that week-end too.

If you are referring to the PBF news forum...double check the dates

Well, why is it then that all i see are pictures of him strutting his "stuff" with supermodels at parties, and i dont see any pictures of him behind the scenes at the recording studio? I dont see any screenshots from new music videos. I dont hear any original music on my radio, I dont see him trying to do any new stuff on any tv appearances. Show me some of that, then ill believe half of what PBF has to say. As for the times hes been out...well, that is valuable studio time he could use to rectify himself in the eyes of his very very impatient fans that DONT SEE HIM AS A PSEUDO-GOD.

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me
Old 04-12-2005, 09:16 PM   #55
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by tremonti4life04) Well, why is it then that all i see are pictures of him strutting his "stuff" with supermodels at parties, and i dont see any pictures of him behind the scenes at the recording studio? I dont see any screenshots from new music videos. I dont hear any original music on my radio, I dont see him trying to do any new stuff on any tv appearances. Show me some of that, then ill believe half of what PBF has to say. As for the times hes been out...well, that is valuable studio time he could use to rectify himself in the eyes of his very very impatient fans that DONT SEE HIM AS A PSEUDO-GOD.

*claps*

Well said.
Old 04-12-2005, 09:16 PM   #56
Frankie
USER INFO »
Do you want to show me one recent picture of Scott "stutting his stuff with super models at parties"? cause I'd sure like to see it.
If you don't want to believe things posted at PBF..simple...quit going there and quit posting it here, esp. if you can't get it right.
One more time...last update we had said album tentively scheduled for an August release date...that hasn't changed. Live with it or don't.
Old 04-12-2005, 09:18 PM   #57
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Frankie) Do you want to show me one recent picture of Scott "stutting his stuff with super models at parties"? cause I'd sure like to see it.
If you don't want to believe things posted at PBF..simple...quit going there and quit posting it here, esp. if you can't get it right.
One more time...last update we had said album tentively scheduled for an August release date...that hasn't changed. Live with it or don't.

http://www.passionbreedsfollowers.co...ic/pandp.shtml

Need I say More?

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me
Old 04-12-2005, 09:22 PM   #58
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Boy, ill tell ya what, i wish i had record producers that look like his!!! Those chicks are hot! I cant believe (if they are not models) that they would be helping him so much on his album!
Old 04-12-2005, 09:35 PM   #59
Frankie
USER INFO »
I said RECENT...all of those pictures are from last year...many from over a year ago...the most recent being the ones from the Touch Restaurant in November of 2004...which was, we believe, a party welcoming goneblind to the "family". So yeah...you need to say more.
Old 04-12-2005, 09:43 PM   #60
PrtytilImPurple
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by tremonti4life04) Well, why is it then that all i see are pictures of him strutting his "stuff" with supermodels at parties, and i dont see any pictures of him behind the scenes at the recording studio? I dont see any screenshots from new music videos. I dont hear any original music on my radio, I dont see him trying to do any new stuff on any tv appearances. Show me some of that, then ill believe half of what PBF has to say. As for the times hes been out...well, that is valuable studio time he could use to rectify himself in the eyes of his very very impatient fans that DONT SEE HIM AS A PSEUDO-GOD.

Actually I think it was a charity event. Muscular Dystrophy or something like that. There were pictures of him with some of the kids there. Not just supermodels. And the Nascar outing I think that was actually related to his new music. He is supposed to shoot a commercial for them. Thats what I heard. Actually he may have alread filmed it. But then I guess if it isn't announced here first its not reliable information?

Just because everybody knew every move Alter Bridge made doesn't mean that Stapp does business that way. Even though some of his impatient fans may not like it. I'm not sure how much quality you would get if some dude is working more than 12 to 14 hours a day. You got to leave some time to eat sleep a couple hours and take a leak every so often. Pseudo-God. That made me chuckle.