++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 03-10-2005, 02:16 AM   #76
ctfan
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) Give him some time? He bragged over a year ago about his great music yet to come. Now we're talking about August as a release date? I could see if he DIDN'T go running his mouth last year about his stuff, but the fact remains, he did. If he had said that he would be taking more time off to really perfect the stuff he wanted to put out, I could understand. Bands do sometimes take years between projects. But he flat out BRAGGED about what his upcoming stuff would sound like. That's like saying:

Hey, I've got something fantastic that I'm going to be giving you. You won't believe how great it'll be, you'll be blown away, it's gonna rock your ass!!!!

Really? Cool, when can I hear it??

When I'm damn good and ready.

Welcome to Creedfeed.

And no one, not the first person has given a reason why it's been delayed. It could be almost anything, or most of everything. You may not be able to understand that, but I can. And because of that....I'll wait for the new cd.
Old 03-10-2005, 02:20 AM   #77
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) So, ctfan and omerta...plant one of them trees for me, i hear the view is heavenly...cause i've been called a martyer and a heck of a lot worse...and of course, having any kind of faith in stapp's project apparently does constitute the "title"...

We will ann.... I think having faith in something, anything...is a great thing.
Old 03-10-2005, 04:35 AM   #78
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) Chime in on another disagreement about Stapp??? Why does that upset you so much??? If I can find something positive to say...against something negative that's been posted, why in the world would that matter to you???? They are my feelings about the man, my opinions....not yours dogstar.

Yes, you show up when someone posts, God forbid, something that isn't all peachy and rosey about Stapp. It's a fricken pattern with you. It doesn't upset me, LOL, it's just that I disagree with you and I post MY opinion as such. It's a DISCUSSION board.

Quote: Am I not allowed to do such things??? People have negative things to say about Stapp, but yet....I'm not allowed to comment or I'm being disagreeable??? I'm just supposed to let it go so people will be happy and content and not annoyed???
No, but don't get all whiny when I or someone else doesn't buy what we think is BS (IMO). As I have said too many times before, you play the martyr, as if you are some aggrieved party because your precious Stapp has faults. What annoys me is that you won't see anything but perfection in the man, and he's not perfect. The man made statements to the effect of we would be getting more music a year ago. We haven't gotten it, and people are ticked off.

Last edited by TeriB19 : 03-10-2005 at 07:45 AM.
Old 03-10-2005, 09:24 AM   #79
Mr.CreedFreakTN
USER INFO »
In the words of Rodney King " Can't we all get along".
Old 03-10-2005, 10:07 AM   #80
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
It is the undying allegiance to a guy who obviously is having major problems that annoys.

You know how it is totally frustrating and completely annoying when someone completely bashes a band and can come up with no real reasons as to why? Well it is TEN times mroe annoying when someone acts like a guy can do no wrong, and yet comes up with no reasons why.

I think the reason people get so frustrated with you is that you CONSTANTLY pull the opinion card. STOP THAT. If you want someone to shut up, then buckle down and argue with him. Beat the living crap out of him. Tell him why HE is wrong and YOU are right. And yet you refuse to do so. You simply keep saying "I'm going to think this, and although I have presented no reason as to WHY I'm going to think this, you should stop telling me I'm wrong".

Well, Teri--and others--have given some DANG good reasons why Stapp is not coming through, and you have given NONE to the effect that we should not care.

So you might say, you don't want to? You just want to keep your opinion and not argue? THEN WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN THIS THREAD? On a forum for discussion we DISCUSS. Often that turns into arguments, and arguments are all well and good as long as they are kept mostly clean, which this one has. But you REFUSE to argue for your side, you just kind of... sit there, acting as if everyone is ganging up on you.

Well, FINE. Maybe everyone is. We all think you have a ridiculous opinion. THEN EXPLAIN IT. Defend it. Try and change our minds. Either that, or STOP COMPLAINING. If you don't CARE what we think, as you imply by saying that we should just keep our opinions and be happy that we disagree, than why do you continue posting?
Old 03-10-2005, 01:03 PM   #81
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
A very interesting post, uncertaindrummer...and tho you are addressing ctfan, who will answer you, should they choose to...i have a bit of a bone to pick by offering a personal observation...and i hope that ctfan doesn't mind.

Quote: Well, Teri--and others--have given some DANG good reasons why Stapp is not coming through, and you have given NONE to the effect that we should not care.

you feel that "Teri--and others--have given some DANG good reasons why..."
but, these REASONS you site are only OPINIONS that "Teri--and--others" hold personally...and of course their opinions happen to be in the MAJORITY...therefore will be more accepted, than the opinions of someone that makes a different choice. So as i see it, there are really no "reasons" being given...only personal opinions of POSSIBILITIES, from the point of view, of "Teri--and--others".

Quote: But you REFUSE to argue for your side

Why must there always be a side? Why must people feel that opioions must be argued over instead of respecting the opinions of others, whether you agree with them or not, and just accept that YOU, TERI--AND--OTHERS don't agree with what we have to say, and leave it at that?

it takes two to tango...as has been said before...and if one reads back...this and other stapp threads never seem to take a downward turn, until someone comes in and challenges those that choose to comment in his support...then, and only then, does the crap begin to hit the fan...

For what it's worth, just some things to look at, since people here seem to feel they can be OBJECTIVE...or so claim to be. Have a good day...

In sleep he sang to me, in dreams he came
That voice which calls to me and speaks my name
And do I dream again, for now I find
The phantom of the opera is there...inside my mind

Christine/ Phantom Of The Opera

Abondon thought and let the dream decend....
Point of No Return/Phantom Of The Opera

You will forever remain the music
And I…the song you sing

Last edited by Ann Allusion : 03-10-2005 at 01:09 PM.
Old 03-10-2005, 02:08 PM   #82
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: you feel that "Teri--and others--have given some DANG good reasons why..."
but, these REASONS you site are only OPINIONS that "Teri--and--others" hold personally...and of course their opinions happen to be in the MAJORITY
The opinions are based on the statements that Stapp made a year ago regarding music he was working on and said he would be putting out. The frustration and doubt stem from the FACT that Stapp has yet to finish this music, which by his statements sounded as if it was coming a lot sooner than what has transpired. And now there have been several delays, from the Tea Party backing out to now a new studio being built. This is almost the same pattern that Axl Rose has followed since he promised Chinese Democracy nearly 11 years ago, and that record has yet to surface. Meanwhile, Alter Bridge is touring for its record that is out. We all want the music and there are some who share an opinion that we'll never see it. Forgive us for having a glass half-empty OPINION here.
Old 03-10-2005, 02:17 PM   #83
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) and of course their opinions happen to be in the MAJORITY...therefore will be more accepted, than the opinions of someone that makes a different choice. So as i see it, there are really no "reasons" being given...only personal opinions of POSSIBILITIES, from the point of view, of "Teri--and--others".

Hi, Teri---and others----here. Yes, many of our opinions ARE in the majority here because many of us have our eyes open to the truth. The minority here (you, ctfan, etc) choose to turn a blind eye to the FACT that Stapp promised new music to us over a year ago, and to the FACT that the Tea Party said they were backing off because 'Stapp had too much baggage'. Those are reasons we are losing our faith. Yes, I said faith. Go ahead and shoot more quotes to me about faith. Faith also means believing when there is no proof, as one would believe or have faith in a god when there is no proof. That's pretty much the image that I have of you guys. You and your faith in the Stapp-god. I'm sorry, but I need reasons and I need proof before I start believing that I'll hear a new Stapp song before my kids are in High School. And not just because Kiki said so.

Affectionately yours,
Teri----and others.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 03-10-2005, 03:04 PM   #84
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Quote: The opinions are based on the statements that Stapp made a year ago regarding music he was working on and said he would be putting out. The frustration and doubt stem from the FACT that Stapp has yet to finish this music, which by his statements sounded as if it was coming a lot sooner than what has transpired.

Frustration is understandable...but, is it not the fans putting this strain on themselves by ASSUMING that his comments were any more than a statement of intent? Altho, there MAY have been plans on his part to produce a "product" sooner, isn't it true that in the entertainment field, just as in life...things change on a minute to minute basis?

Quote: And now there have been several delays, from the Tea Party backing out to now a new studio being built.

I remember reading that the Tea Party was doing the "Relearn Love" gig...it was not my understanding, from the limited information the public is given, that the Tea Party were to be THE BAND that would be used on the solo album.

As for the new studio being built...what's the problem with that...one can build a studio...and at the same time, still be laying down tracks at another studio, rehearsing, writing, etc...it's called multi-tasking in the cyber world...

Recording an album does not take place in one sitting, with everybody getting together, sitting down and going for it...IT TAKES TIME...tracks are laid at different times, sometimes in different locations, etc...then they have to be mixed, remixed, and remixed again until everyone agrees on a finished product...in the mean time, daily life goes on for the recording artist, just like it does for us...with it's good days and bad days and everything else in between.

Quote: This is almost the same pattern that Axl Rose has followed since he promised Chinese Democracy nearly 11 years ago, and that record has yet to surface.

I didn't follow this Axl Rose/Chinese Democracy debacle close enough to assume that this is almost, or even close to the "same" pattern that you have said you noticed...but i do realize that Axl has had his own life problems, and situations that contributed to where he is right now...and, if he so chooses to make a comeback, he will...no big deal...as long as he is doing what he want's to do.

This leaves me to say, stapp is not Axl...and to compare their output is like apples and oranges...and unfair to stapp to assume he will take the same path as Axl.

Quote: Meanwhile, Alter Bridge is touring for its record that is out.

As I've said before, starting from scratch, takes more time, than when you have been planning for several years to make a go of it on your own, as Mark has said he did...

most of his musical/lyrical work was already done...he already had his band...he had a lead singer in mind from the very beginning...and he got the singer he wanted...so, i'm sure that you can see that basically...this was not starting from scratch....ergo, the "quick to market" product.

Quote: We all want the music and there are some who share an opinion that we'll never see it. Forgive us for having a glass half-empty OPINION here.

There is nothing to forgive...if you wish to see the glass half-empty...that is your choice...but why not let the rest of us see it as half-full? And when it comes to the "want" of the music...like someone said earlier..."would you rather have grape juice now or sweet wine later?"...

In my attempt to keep this civil, i hope i have touched on something in this answer that might get a few thoughts across.

In sleep he sang to me, in dreams he came
That voice which calls to me and speaks my name
And do I dream again, for now I find
The phantom of the opera is there...inside my mind

Christine/ Phantom Of The Opera

Abondon thought and let the dream decend....
Point of No Return/Phantom Of The Opera

You will forever remain the music
And I…the song you sing

Last edited by Ann Allusion : 03-10-2005 at 03:07 PM.
Old 03-10-2005, 03:49 PM   #85
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Finally. Thank you. If nothing else at least your defnding you side now instead of complaining that we're attacking it... lol

Mark did not have his band in the works for "years" by the way. The stuff he had written he was hoping to use in Creed, if Stapp would not be a big jerk about it. Well, Stapp was a jerk about it, they parted, Mark got a singer, recorded his material, end of AB's story--for now.

Stapp, on the other hand, could have continued with Creed had he been mroe open-minded, but he wasn't, so then he boasts about his solo record. THEN he keeps delaying it for... well, so far, forever! What is there to possibly suggest hope there? I haven't seen anything.

Not to mention the highly dissapointing "Releanr love". If Stapp's entire solo album is like that, I'll KNOW what took him so long--his band meembers were falling asleep just LISTENING to the music!

You mgiht think I have a rather harsh opinion of Stapp (duh), and I do. I think he is obviously a great big jerk. HOWEVER, the music world is full of great big jerks, that doesn't make me stop listening to them. I am *most* curious to hear what he has to put out, despite my lack of any sort of faith in his ability to make music without Tremo around.

But that curiosity, which was HUGE 6-8 months ago, is now... dying. And I imagine most others who aren't diehard Scott worshippers are losing their interest as well.

That DOESN'T mean you have to lose interest, that you should lose interest, or even that I'm insulting you for NOT losing interest. I don't think anyone ever claimed that you PERSONALLY (ctfan, ann allusion, etc.) should lose interest. What WAS brought forward is that a *lot* of potential fans ARE losing interest, and in that arena, you can't really argue. PEOPLE ARE.

And yes, it boggles my mind that someone can still stand there and say "Scott can take all the time he wants I'll still love him", but plenty of thigns boggle my mind. I have no problem with your opinion, I'm just confused by it.
Old 03-10-2005, 04:03 PM   #86
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: As I've said before, starting from scratch, takes more time, than when you have been planning for several years to make a go of it on your own, as Mark has said he did...

most of his musical/lyrical work was already done...he already had his band...he had a lead singer in mind from the very beginning...and he got the singer he wanted...so, i'm sure that you can see that basically...this was not starting from scratch....ergo, the "quick to market" product.

Years???

I'm sorry... if I recall, the timeframe was a bit different:

12/31/02 - NYE Concert @ Philly
January'03 - Break
April - Creed gets in studio to jam, it doesn't work.
May - Wind-up announces solo efforts and extended break
November - On NAMM, Mark tells a few fans Creed is done
November - Michael says Flip is working with Mark, later on he says Brian is in.
December - Still searching for a singer. Myles got his demo tapes... it works.
January 04 - Myles comes down to FL to meet the guys. It works.
Feb, March- rehearsals
April - Break-up annnouncement
May, June, and July - AB in studio to record ODR. They also tour US, playing acoustic versions of their songs.
August - ODR is released

So don't make it sound like Mark had it all planned. AB worked hard and non-stop to get their thing done, because they were itching for it, they missed the gigs, missed the fans and being on the road.

I'm not saying Stapp is slacking... he had his ammount of personnal issues, like his house burning down. I don't know if he lost his material on it.

But Stapp said his album would be out in late August'04... but all he released was RL. And now it was pushed back one year, tentatively.

Personally, I think after he got together with GB, they decided to re-do all the stuff that arranged with Tea Party... and he's in studio now... since earlier in the year, it seems... august seems too late if the final touches are almost done.
Old 03-10-2005, 06:45 PM   #87
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann) I remember reading that the Tea Party was doing the "Relearn Love" gig...it was not my understanding, from the limited information the public is given, that the Tea Party were to be THE BAND that would be used on the solo album.

I got the impression that he asked the Tea Party to work with his new solo project. The interviews that came out after that fell through had Tea Party singer/guitarist (or whatever) saying he didn't want to be involved with Stapp's baggage and ended that professional relationship. That was just my take on it.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann) Recording an album does not take place in one sitting, with everybody getting together, sitting down and going for it...IT TAKES TIME...tracks are laid at different times, sometimes in different locations, etc.

But with Stapp's previous history with Creed, one would know that he gets music out fairly quickly. He wrote songs almost rapid fire, and they had a new album recorded in months, not years. Why would this be any different than the Creed days, aside from having different backing members? He's still the same person, right? He writes from experiences, so unless he's faking his experiences, it shouldn't take a year to write a song.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann) As I've said before, starting from scratch, takes more time, than when you have been planning for several years to make a go of it on your own, as Mark has said he did...

As someone said above, Mark started from scratch as well. Myles helped write half the songs on the album, and he didn't join until Jan 04. So I don't buy this argument either.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 03-11-2005, 12:51 AM   #88
DangerousDan85
USER INFO »
as long as the end product is quality. i'm willing to wait till August
And yet I fight
This battle all alone
No one to cry to
No place to call home

Alice in Chains- Nutshell
Old 03-11-2005, 03:30 PM   #89
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) It is the undying allegiance to a guy who obviously is having major problems that annoys.

You know how it is totally frustrating and completely annoying when someone completely bashes a band and can come up with no real reasons as to why? Well it is TEN times mroe annoying when someone acts like a guy can do no wrong, and yet comes up with no reasons why.

I think the reason people get so frustrated with you is that you CONSTANTLY pull the opinion card. STOP THAT. If you want someone to shut up, then buckle down and argue with him. Beat the living crap out of him. Tell him why HE is wrong and YOU are right. And yet you refuse to do so. You simply keep saying "I'm going to think this, and although I have presented no reason as to WHY I'm going to think this, you should stop telling me I'm wrong".

Well, Teri--and others--have given some DANG good reasons why Stapp is not coming through, and you have given NONE to the effect that we should not care.

So you might say, you don't want to? You just want to keep your opinion and not argue? THEN WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN THIS THREAD? On a forum for discussion we DISCUSS. Often that turns into arguments, and arguments are all well and good as long as they are kept mostly clean, which this one has. But you REFUSE to argue for your side, you just kind of... sit there, acting as if everyone is ganging up on you.

Well, FINE. Maybe everyone is. We all think you have a ridiculous opinion. THEN EXPLAIN IT. Defend it. Try and change our minds. Either that, or STOP COMPLAINING. If you don't CARE what we think, as you imply by saying that we should just keep our opinions and be happy that we disagree, than why do you continue posting?

But I did defend "my side". Maybe you missed it, maybe you didn't. Maybe you just don't care what I have to say which is made obvious by your comment of "We all think you have a ridiculous opinion".

This thread is about the Stapp cd, and the tentative date of it's release. I posted earlier in this thread that "It's delay could be almost anything, or most of everything". That's what I believe. There could many reasons why....and I'm not going to judge the man, chastise him, or crucify him because he's not produced a solo cd when he said he would. As someone else in this thread said (and I can't remember the screen name)....I will give the man a break as well, because he has been through alot.

If anyone finds my comments annoying, frustrating, or ridiculous, and if you think I'm not being argumentative enough and defending my side to the best of my ability...then please just don't read them.

If you'll please excuse me....I have a cross to climb.
Old 03-11-2005, 03:33 PM   #90
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) A very interesting post, uncertaindrummer...and tho you are addressing ctfan, who will answer you, should they choose to...i have a bit of a bone to pick by offering a personal observation...and i hope that ctfan doesn't mind.

I don't mind at all.....